When You Walked In

Από tea_bag_

Sarcastic, clumsy 19 year old Ava Dawson moves to California to start afresh from her past only to be intertw... Περισσότερα

Authors note
ONE| "I'M FREE!"
TWO| "I'm alive!"
THREE| "I'm Rhys"
FOUR| "A SpongeBob bra?"
Five|"That's her!"
SIX| "How's my baby?"
SEVEN| "It's your mess,"
EIGHT| "You lost the ring?"
NINE| "Are you on the menu?"
TEN| "It's written in bold"
ELEVEN| "You monster,"
TWELVE| "Thank you, Kai,"
THIRTEEN| "You liar!"
FOURTEEN| "Areyoumarried?"
FIFTEEN| "No sweatpants this time,"
SIXTEEN| "I'm gonna kill him,"
EIGHTEEN| "Bob, got it,"
NINETEEN| "Are we there yet?"
TWENTY| "Thank you, Ava,"
TWENTY I| "Look you're on tv!"
TWENTY II| "Probably a gold digger,"
TWENTY III| "The ice cream machines broken!"
TWENTY IV| "Please help me,"
TWENTY V| "What did you do?"
TWENTY VI| "Okay human squasher,"
TWENTY VII| "Congratulations Kaison!"
TWENTY VIII|"I love you more,"
Q&A!!!!
SEQUEL?
SEQUEL
NEW BOOK!
The Scars Series

SEVENTEEN| "WHYYYYYY!!!!!!"

40.9K 1.7K 481
Από tea_bag_

Ava

"OH, MY GOD! AVA! WHERE ARE YOU?!" A panicked voice screams from the other end of the call.

Rhys?

He must've just got back from his long break, and probably wondering why my old building has disappeared.

"ALL I SEE IS A PILE OF BRICK! ANSWER ME!" He yells, I can imagine him running his hands through his hair, one of his habits he does when he's panicking.

Dude chill

"I'm still alive," I say, my voice still groggy due to the late hour and my thoart being dry.

"OH, MY GOD! YOU SOUND AWFUL! ARE YOU UNDER THE PILE?!" Rhys was clearly panicking, he breathing was unsteady and he kept shouting.

Gee thanks but seriously, RIP to my ears

"Ye-" I was about to say 'yeah, no' but clearly I wasn't given the time to finish before Rhys started shouting again, "I'M COMING!"

And he's gone

Due to my already sleepy state, I didn't have the energy to call him back or leave a text message. But I'm sure Rhys isn't stupid, he'll realise after a bit that I'm not actually there.

Then again at times, he can be a bit...stupid.

Well, I guess we can prove our theory through this experiment.

.

.

.

"WHYYYYYY!!!!!!" Rhys's voice echoed through the phone.

"Rhys, are you still searching for me?"I asked, getting up from bed

"What do you think? I've been searching all night!" He cried

Well shit!

"Listen, I'm not there and don't worry I'll come over since I don't start work until a few hours," reassuring Rhys, I finally hang the phone up and quickly get ready, so I could see Rhys before work.

"Don't you have another few hours before you start work?" Kai asked, standing in the hallway.

"Erm, yeah I do but I'm meeting my friend before work," I say, walking down the stairs with Kai trailing behind me.

"Friend?" He asks

"Yeah, Rhys Just got back from his break,"

Getting to the kitchen, I grab fruit not really in mood for breakfast, also because I need to make Rhys is okay.

"You don't want breakfast?" He asks, leaning against the chair

"Nah, it's okay kinda in a rush,"

"Ava are you okay?" He asks, looking a little concerned

"Yesss,"I say, narrowing my eyes at him

"It's just that Ava, you Ava, is refusing food," he states, shaking his head slowly

Rolling my eyes, I walk past Kai to head out.

"Just wait few minutes and I'll drive you there," He calls, already halfway up the stairs

FREE TRANSPORT!

.

.

.

"Rhys?" I call, staring at the back of a boy who was sat on my floor, his legs crossed and head bowed down.

My calling, causes his head to snap straight my way, "Ava!" He shouts, getting up from the floor and running towards me. He instantly embraces me, his body crashing into mine causing me to stumble back a little.

I don't miss Kai's hand on my back, stopping me from falling backwards.

Rhys's hugs me so tight, stopping all circulation in my body, "I was so worried!"

Not knowing what to do, I pat his back awkwardly, "there, there,"

"Why didn't you tell me you were fine?! I wouldn't have spent all night looking for you," Rhys says, pushing me away from him slightly, his hands remain on my shoulders

"Well, I fell asleep and didn't think you'd actually look all night," I mumble,

"I'm glad you're fine," he says, pulling me back into a hug.

"Why is that guy glaring at me?" Rhys whispers in my ear, causing me let out a little laugh.

Stepping away from Rhys, my eyes fall on his hands, "oh shit, what have you done?" His hands were dirty and bloody.

"Well moving rocks isn't that easy, you know," Rhys explains, scratching the back of his head

"Come one, let's get you cleaned up," I say, dragging Rhys towards his apartment

"You coming, Kai?" I ask, turning my head towards him.

"Oh I most defiantly am," he mutters, hands in his pockets as he comes to stand beside me.

.

.

.

"Ow!" Rhys hisses in pain snatching his hands away,

"Don't make me restrain you," I scold, glaring at him and pulling his hands towards me

Rhys had showered and changed after we reached his apartment, now all that was left to do was tend to his wounds.

Kai hadn't left and choose to stay with the both of us since he says that's he doesn't have work until later on.

"Stop being such a baby!" I scold Rhys, as I continue to apply antiseptic to his wounds.

"Look who's talking," he mutters, "last time, it was you in this position and you hid in the toilets, not letting me put anything on your cut. I remember I put it on when you feel asleep and you slapped me in your sleep," Rhys glares at me as his finishes his story

Our glaring gets cut off by Kai, who clearly found the story amusing since his chuckle echoed through the silent apartment.

"Shut up, both of you," I glare at the two, "Remember Rhys boy, I'm the one with the very painful antiseptic here."

"Oh no," Rhys gulped, "she's crazy, save yourself man!" He warned Kai

"Nothing I can't handle," Kai says, winking at me causing a little blush to appear on my face.

"All done!" I announce, finally finished wrapping Rhys hand in bandages.

"How am I supposed to work?" Rhys groaned

"Well, that's why I left the tips of your finger, so you could work at the till," I say, proudly, I need my work buddy!

Rhys obviously doesn't like the idea as he gives me a flat look and falls back onto his coach.

"You don't even start until Thursday, so you have 3 days to chill," I reminded Rhys, he does seem happy with that as a smile appears on his face. Awh!

"Oh yeah, then I could stay-" just as I was about to suggest me staying with Rhys, Kai cuts me off, "Aren't you getting late for work?"

Looking at the watch on my wrist, I realise in fact I start work in 5 minutes, "shoot! I am, I'll see you guys later!"

Not bothering to wait for their response, I dash out of Rhys apartment and straight to work.

- Authors note -

Hey!

This chapter is to welcome back Rhys into the story since his been gone for awhile.

I really need a Rhys in my life 😭

I have published a new short story would appreciate it if you'd check it out 😊

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting!!

Love you all and adios❤️❤️

@dreameroverboard - 'Say I do'

Who even needs sleep 🤷🏽‍♀️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

5.5M 186K 42
20 year old Ava Winston works in a small bakery. She is kind, sweet and shy. Her parents passed away so she has to take care of her 5 year old adopte...
451K 19.2K 67
Book II Broken and lost, Liana moved all the way to Seattle to become the Manager in her best friend's New Cafe . Opportunity flooding her way is ove...
9M 352K 22
Meet Stella. Beautiful, rich and smart, a pampered daughter with royal blood. At an early age, she was arranged by her parents to marry Eros Petrakis...
Mr Bald Από Hyemmong

Ρομαντική

1.5K 138 25
Edward Baldwin is the owner of a huge company at 28 years old. It's all because of his hard work and also the help of his father. He is smart but sup...