Secretly Pregnant (Sequel to...

By irwinxx5sos

Lily Abigail Hemmings is now grown up, and she is pregnant, just as her mum was. The father-Lily's boyfriend... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Bonus Scene #1

Chapter 8

423 8 0
By irwinxx5sos

**sorry for the big time skip**

It was March 8th, 2032, and I had been out of school since when I was about twenty-two weeks along. I'd graduated, and I was glad to be done with high school, even though I was sad because I was leaving. I definitely had mixed feelings about leaving high school forever. I'd started college classes online just a little over a week before, at the end of February. I was still living with my parents, and I was bedridden.

I was thirty-seven weeks along, and I was ready to meet my boys. I couldn't wait until I wouldn't have to carry them anymore. I'd carried them enough, and I was just getting impatient. I wanted to meet them already, and I didn't want to have to stay in bed for too much longer.

The doctors told me that they weren't sure if I'd deliver naturally or with a c-section. They also explained to me that if I wasn't going into labor before March 9th, they would do a c-section. I was so glad that the c-section was scheduled for tomorrow.

Even through Jaelyn's and my family's constant pestering, I hadn't told Logan. I refused to tell him, and they wanted it to be my choice whether I told him or not. I was glad they supported me whichever way I went. I knew they would've liked for me to have told Logan, but that's not what I wanted.

To ease my mind, I told Logan's family all about the pregnancy. I confided in Carlie, Logan's mum, the most. She was so sweet and, although unhappy with her son's actions, supportive. She promised not to tell Logan unless I allowed her too. Ash promised too, and so did Oscar and Avery, Logan's little brother and sister.

Jaelyn had videotaped a lot over the course of my pregnancy. She had me take a picture of the progress of my belly every three days, just because she wanted to make sure I had those things to show Logan in the future. "If you ever tell him," she would add.

I was videotaped a lot on the weekends when Jaelyn would stay at my house, and she filmed a lot more over the summer because she saw me more often then. She also recorded every doctor's appointment, even though sometimes I wasn't in the mood for being filmed.

"Don't you think Logan would like to be one of the first ones to meet his sons?" Jaelyn pestered one day in a car ride back from an appointment.

"Maybe. But he's not going to be, so he'll just have to deal with that. He's in college, and he's going to become a pediatrician. I don't want him to have to give that up. That's what he's always wanted to do, ever since we were little kids. It's his dream, and I'm not ruining it."

"Don't you think children are more important than a career? I believe Logan would think so. Lily, you need to tell him," Jaelyn begged.

"I can't, and I've told you that plenty of times. Like I told you, Logan has wanted to be a doctor ever since I can remember. I don't want him giving that up for me. I can deal with this myself. Don't worry about me," I told her, and she let me go after that. Apparently, she didn't want to continue the conversation.

Jaelyn had started to go to a college locally. She and I were already looking for flats to move into once the babies were a few weeks old. When Jaelyn wasn't on her campus, she was most likely at my house. Most of the time, she was at her house to sleep and to eat, but she came over to my house all of the time.

She was over at my house that night, March 8th. She told me she was skipping out on her classes the next day to come with me to the hospital. I knew I would need her support, and she wanted to get lots of pictures and videos of me with the babies.

"I'm excited to meet my godsons. I will be the godmother, right?" She asked, smiling at me.

I chuckled, "Yes, and the godfather will be Logan's best friend, Mace. You know Mason, right? He'll be a senior next year."

"Mason Clifford? Yeah, I know him. That's great. He's one of your really good friends too, right? You usually hang out with all of your parents' friends' kids. Mainly the Irwins, Hoods, and Cliffords."

"Yeah, we do. I've known all of them ever since I was two when my dad introduced me to them. I was there when every single one of their kids was born, except Logan and Mason. He was born before I knew about my dad and his friends," I explained to her like I had many times before.

"So you've known all of them since they were born? Wait, let me see if I can get them all right. There's Mason Clifford, and he's seventeen. Matthew Clifford is fifteen. Their little sister Maria is twelve, right?" She looked at me for assurance, and I nodded. She continued, "There's Jaden Hood, and he's sixteen."

"He'll be sixteen in a week and a half," I corrected.

"Yeah, sorry. His sister, Charlotte Hood, is thirteen, then. And the Irwins are the most spaced out. Logan is eighteen like you and me. Oscar is in the middle, and he is thirteen, like Charlotte. Then Avery must be nine."

"Yeah, you're right," I told her. "I'm glad you got them all right, because I've told you millions of times, and you've met them over a hundred times."

"I'm sorry. I'm not as close to them as you are. I don't know all of their birthdays like you do."

"It's only because I've known them all of my life."

"You've known them all for that long? Except for Logan and Mason, like you said."

"Yes, Jaelyn. All of them. And all of them know about the pregnancy now. They're trying to be supportive, but I still don't want them telling Logan. I'm hoping little Avery doesn't spill if she'd ever on the phone with Logan," I sighed. Suddenly, I heard my phone ring.

Jaelyn, who was sitting on the edge of my bed, handed my phone to me from my bedside stand. I looked at who it was calling, and it was Logan himself. Look at that timing, I thought.

I sighed, not wanting to answer it. I laid it back down on the side table while it was still ringing. Jaelyn quickly picked it up and answered it. I slapped her upper arm.

"Hey Logan," she smiled into the phone after putting it on speaker phone.

"Jae?" I heard Logan's voice for the first time in forever. I teared up just hearing him say something as simple as my best friend's nickname.

"Yeah, it's me. Lily's being stubborn. She wants to talk to you, trust me, but she's just not in the mood," Jaelyn looked over at me and shook her head.

"Oh, that's alright, I guess. Well, could I just speak to her for a minute? Or is she really not in the mood?" Logan wondered.

"Well, I guess she could spare a few words," Jaelyn shrugged, pushing the phone towards me.

"Thanks so much, Jae," Logan said, delighted at the fact he'd got to speak with me. I choked my tears back and began to talk to him.

"Logan," I said quietly. It was all I could manage to say at the moment.

"Lil! Are you okay? You don't sound yourself. What's happened since I left?" He wondered.

Nothing, I thought, Just a result of what happened before you left. "Oh, don't worry about me. I'm alright. How are you? You seem to be developing a slightly more American accent."

"Oh, I'd say just a little. And I'm alright here. Just very busy. I can't imagine any place better than here at Harvard, Lil. It's wonderful here. Now I know why it's been my dream to come here since we were just little. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me..." As he spoke, I looked at Jaelyn with an I-told-you-so face. "...except for you," he finished his sentence, and Jaelyn looked back at me with the same face I'd just used on her.

"You really don't mean that last part, Logy. Harvard sounds amazing. Probably way better than the online classes I'm taking. I bet you miss your family a lot, though."

"I do mean it, and I do miss my family. But I miss you most, Lil. I'm sorry I haven't called for the longest time. I just haven't had much time to spare. I would love to come home during the summer to see you and my family. Well, it would be winter in Australia."

"Well, if you come home during your summer break, you can visit your family but don't bother coming to see me. I don't want to see you," I told him, breaking my own heart when telling him that.

"Lily! Don't be so rude! Of course, you want to see him," Jaelyn told me. I looked at her, getting slightly mad at her. She saw the tears in my eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Jae. It's okay. If she doesn't want to see me, I'll respect that. Just know that I still love you, Lily. Nothing will change that." I could hear the difference in his voice from when the call started to when he said that. He was definitely heartbroken.

"I can't bear it anymore! Sh-" Jaelyn started, but I put my hand over her mouth. She licked my hand, trying to get me to back off, but I persisted.

"Goodbye, Logan," I told him, ending the call after hearing him begin to say goodbye.

I sat my phone on my bedside stand. I looked at Jaelyn with a disgusted look. "I can't believe you were about to tell him if I wouldn't have put my hand over your mouth!"

"Lily, you're breaking his heart. I can't believe you anymore! You're hurting him just because you... just because you don't want him to know you're pregnant with his children!"

"I don't want to ruin his dreams!"

"But instead, you're breaking his heart," Jaelyn looked at me with a serious face before walking out of my room. She shut the door behind her when she left, and I was still there in my bed, lying and crying.

Jaelyn came back into my room about thirty minutes later. "Lily, I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean for anything to come out that way. I've had time to cool down. I'm really sorry."

"I know that keeping my promise has put you under a lot of pressure. I'm sorry about that. I hope you'll still stay the night and come with me to the c-section tomorrow."

"If I didn't, I'd regret it for the rest of my life," Jaelyn told me. "And would it still be okay if I recorded it with the camera and my phone?"

"Why do you want to record it on your phone, too?" I wondered.

"Just for extra protection of the video. What if it accidentally gets deleted on the camera? I'll have the backup video on my phone. Tomorrow is the most important day of your life so far, the day you become a mum to two beautiful baby boys. I don't think you want to forget it."

"Okay, you can take the two videos. Just don't be showing the video on your phone to anyone. I don't want anyone seeing my babies being born, except for people I say are allowed. Plus, Logan will see it someday when I tell him."

"So you are for-sure going to tell him?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, of course. I'll tell him someday after college when he's got a stable job. I will tell him, I promise. I just want the boys to be the only thing he focuses on when I tell him," I told her. I'd made my decision to tell him for sure. That's what I'd thought about when Jaelyn stormed out of my room and left me in there alone.

"That's great to hear," she smiled, then looked away from me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 1.3K 48
Celeste Tucker's mother is an executive at a high-end record label. She signs 5 Seconds of Summer to her label, and Celeste falls for a blonde, blue...
104K 1.9K 23
Jenna Howells has been best friends with Luke Hemmings since they were 5. On Jenna's 15th birthday, June 19th, Luke asks Jenna to be his girlfriend...
8.8K 268 20
Thirteen year old Chloe Walters has not lived the best life. No, not at all. Her parents are into drugs, so she pretty much takes care of herself. Sh...
1.1K 239 27
***COMPLETE*** When 16 year old Scarlet May Taylor Clifford moves to Sydney Australia with her brother no other then the Michael Clifford. She meets...