I Will Survive... with Louis...

By kixrsty

Scarlett ends up in a situation, miles away from home with Louis Tomlinson. However, she doesn't even know wh... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48. THE END.

Chapter 7.

338K 2K 241
By kixrsty

Louis' POV

"What is that?" Liam quizzed looking at me with confusion written all over his face.

"That my friend is a cowboy hat." I grinned sticking it on my head.

"Why are you wearing it?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me.

"Because I can." I smiled innocently.

"You're up to something." He muttered shaking his head before turning his attention back to his phone.

"Can't a boy wear a cowboy hat without being questioned?" I asked walking off to the kitchen. Niall somehow managed to tear his eyes away from his sandwich to look over at me as I put my head, literally inside the fridge.

"Not to be a bearer of bad news but you have a cowboy hat on your head."

"So I do." I joked as I patted it down onto my head.

"Um...why?"

"Is that a pickle and jam sandwich?" I asked avoiding the question.

"And Nutella." He grinned taking another bite.

"And you're questioning me?" I smirked. I left the kitchen with a bottle of water in hand, ready to head out the front door. I reached the hallway when a figure appeared at the door, Harry.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out." I stated.

"Where?"

"Nowhere special." I answered vaguely.

"You better not be going where I think you're going."

"And where would that be?" I asked trying to get past him.

"You know where." He answered.

"So what?" I asked giving up trying to move him.

"Aren't you forgetting a few things?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Phone, wallet, keys." I replied checking my pockets.

"No you idiot." He sighed whacking my head playfully. "One, She doesn't want you there, two, you have a girlfriend."

"What's Kendall got to do with this?"

"How would you like it if she was out stalking another boy?"

"I'm not stalking her." I rolled my eyes.

"Then what are you doing?"

"Giving her support."

"By wearing a cowboy hat?"

"I'm not doing anything wrong." I replied with a tone of annoyance.

"Suit yourself, but don't come running to me when reality hits you in the face." He muttered before moving out of the way. I sighed before walking out the front door and to my car.

I turned the radio up as the music blasted out of the speakers. I began to tap the rhythm of the Neon Tree's song which was playing, on the steering wheel with my hands. Luckily Taylor was easy to sway with getting information out of, I just had to wink and she was practically on her knees for me. I grinned remembering back to the scene in the kitchen after Scarlett had promptly left.

"Please welcome to the stage; Scarlett, a new upcoming artist." The club owner shouted down the microphone, I grimaced at the sharp sound the speakers gave off. I was stood near the back, leaning against a poll focusing on the stage in front of me. My cowboy hat was still fixed firmly on my head, it worked as a pretty good disguise if I do say so myself, no-one had recognised me, although that might be because the club is pretty dark. After a long moment of silence Scarlett appeared on the stage, I could see Taylor side stage pushing her on which only caused me to smirk. I was expecting her to be wearing a dress considering we were in a club but she was stood nice and casual with black ripped skinny jeans and a loose off the shoulder shirt. She was grasping the guitar in her hand as if her life depended on it. The oh so cocky, sarcastic, confident Scarlett suffered stage fright, never saw that coming. I got myself more comfortable against the pole and watched her intensely as her fingers ran over the strings releasing a few chords around the club. I instantly recognised the song, and I'm pretty sure everyone else in the club did too.

Her acoustic version of Domino by Jessie J was phenomenal, I was literally holding my breath not wanting to miss a single strum on the guitar. I tried to make it a little less obvious that I was thoroughly enjoying this but the huge grin on my face was kind of a giveaway. Taylor said she was good, but that was a complete understatement she was amazing. While she set up for the next song by phone vibrated in my pocket.

'How's it going?' Harry text.

'You should be here.' I replied before slipping my phone back into my pocket, I didn't want to miss any more of her performances.

Scarlett's POV

"Last song!" I shouted into the microphone. I had done a few covers and a few originals. My head turned towards Taylor at the side of the stage, she had a massive grin on her face and giving me her puppy eyes. "What do you want me to sing?" I asked the audience grinning, I finally felt at peace again, I always did whenever I was performing. "What was that?" I asked again. The answers were pretty similar, I rolled my eyes and turned back to Taylor who was literally bouncing on her feet. She stopped to get down on her knees and pleaded to me from the side of the stage. "Okay, this one goes out to my best friend, as I feel she may do something drastic if I don't perform this song, I hope I do it justice." I chuckled before strumming the chords on the guitar. E ... A ... B, I thought to myself as the crowd cheered, they instantly knew what song it was from the opening 2 seconds. "Sing with me." I cheered. "You're insecure, don't know what for...."

"Don't say it." I grinned at Taylor.

"Please?" She begged as we walked down the corridor backstage.

"Fine, just this once." I sighed.

"I TOLD YOU SO!" She shouted literally bouncing off the walls. "I knew you could do it."

"And you call me crazy." I smirked.

"Oh shut it." She grinned. "You were amazing by the way."

"Thanks, I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life."

"You couldn't tell, you won the audience over within the first thirty seconds."

"I guess that's a good thing."

"Sure is." She beamed. "Oh, I forgot there's someone I want you to meet." She smirked before leading me into an empty dressing room.

"There's no-one here." I stated narrowing my eyes at the empty room, was someone going to jump out from behind the sofa?

"They'll be here soon." She grinned. I seriously hope she wasn't trying to set me up with someone, if she was she better sleep with one eye open tonight. I was shaken out of my thoughts by a knock on the door followed by a middle aged man with a bald patch on his head and an unsightly moustache. If she is setting me up she was in for it for sure.

"Hi there Scarlett." He smiled extending his hand.

"Hi..." I answered weary of the strange guy and half-heartedly shook his hand.

"Oh sorry, where are my manners. I'm Zack, I work at Syco."

"Syco as in Simon Cowell's record company?" I asked gob smacked.

"That's the one." He grinned. "Take this." He added handing me a business card. I spun it around and read over, it was just a normal business card. "Come down to the offices tomorrow at 10am sharp and we can talk about a career."

"A career?" I choked out.

"You do want a musical career right?" He asked hesitant of my answer.

"Of course she does, it's all she ever talks about, performing this and writing songs that." Taylor butt in for me.

"Thanks for that Taylor."  I replied to her raising an eyebrow. "Of course I do." I answered Zack.

"Great, see you tomorrow." He replied before walking out. "Don't forget your guitar." He added popping his back into the room.

"Okay." I beamed. I checked to make sure he was completely out of sight before crushing Taylor in a bone crushing hug.

"Can't breathe." She choked. I slowly released her and straightened out my clothes.

"How, why, when, who?" I asked all at once.

"I have people." She smirked.

"Seriously though, how?"

"Next time you sing in the shower, don't sing so loud." She winked before running off.

"You have your guitar right?" Taylor asked for the tenth time and we hadn't even left the house yet.

"Unless this guitar case is filled with apples then I hope there's a guitar inside." I replied sarcastically.

"I just don't want you to mess this up."

"Thanks for having faith in me." I muttered still in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course I have faith in you, I just don't want to have to drag you out of the office whilst you're begging at some guys feet to give you a record deal."

"I would not do that!" I defended. She raised her eyebrows at me, crossing her arms in the process as we walked towards the car. "Okay fine, maybe I would." I joked which caused us to both laugh.

"Hello, we're here to see Zack." I told the receptionist who was busy googling pictures of Brad Pitt on her computer. Once she noticed our presence she quickly flicked it to a spread sheet.

"Okay, take a seat in the room over there with 'Zack's Clients' on the door." She replied looking flustered.

"Thanks." I smiled, I started to walk away before I quickly ran back to the desk. "And just for the record Johnny Depp is a lot hotter." I grinned before falling back into step with Taylor.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing." I smirked before opening the door which led to a completely empty room except for four sofas arranged in a square.

"Modern, I like it." Taylor spoke whilst she sunk into one of the red leather sofas.

"More like someone's pay check went on other things." I replied pointing to the massive flat screen TV on the wall.

"How long do you think we'll be waiting?" Taylor asked whilst I took a seat on a different sofa.

"I don't know, let me go ask him." I replied sarcastically.

"Funny." She replied rolling her eyes.

"Slytherin."

"Ravenclaw."

"Slytherin." I repeated whilst I stood up, my face inches away from Taylor.

"Ravenclaw." She growled.

"Slytherin." I snarled, we were both totally unaware that the door opened and we were no longer alone.

"Ravenclaw." She repeated.

"Slytherin." I smirked. She rested her forehead against mine before speaking again.

"Just because you wanna fuck Draco Malfoy." She smirked. I was about to say something when someone let out small but audible cough. The heat in my cheeks instantly rose as they went bright red.

"Taylor what an inappropriate thing to say when we have company." I gasped towards her grinning in the process.

"Good to see you again Scarlett." Zack greeted me and shook my hand. "Taylor." He nodded avoiding her hand. I tried not to laugh but it was extremely hard. I could see Taylor sending me evils out of the corner of my eye. I literally had to bite my tongue or else I would have been on the floor in fits of laughter.

"Anyway, before we get started I want you to meet some people." He beamed, gesturing his hand out as more people filled the room. I had a massive smile on my face until the first one walked in. "Meet One Direction." He grinned. I stood there awkwardly staring at them as we remained in silence. "Well aren't you excited?"

"Deep, deep down in the pit of my stomach." I mumbled sarcastically.

"What?" Zack questioned still a smile plastered on his face, I think he was expecting me to throw myself at them and be bouncing of the walls by now, but my feet were pretty much glued to the floor.

"Nothing." I smiled sweetly.

"Well boys, introduce yourselves." Zack beamed.

"Niall, nice to meet you." The blonde one smiled sticking his hand out, I couldn't help but notice his Irish accent and then I felt like someone had sucked all the air out of me. I felt like I had been winded. I continued to stare into his crystal clear blue eyes, they reminded me so much of my sister. There were tears brimming along my eyes but I bit my tongue, refusing to let them fall. I didn't realise I was still grasping onto his hand, a little longer than I should have done but for some reason it made me feel close to Laura again. He had a small, slightly uneasy smile on his face, he looked cute, I could see why my sister liked him. I reluctantly let go of his hand before it turned everything awkward, but I couldn't steer my eyes away from his.

"Sorry." I whispered. Taylor gave my shoulder a small squeeze, she didn't know much about my sister but she knew something was up.

"Zayn." The one with black hair spoke as she shook my hand, my eyes finally left Niall but I found it hard to concentrate on anything else.

"Liam."

"Has anyone ever told you, you look like-" I began to say.

"Don't say Justin Bieber, I hear that all the time."

"Well actually I was going to say someone else, but yeah now you mention you do." I smirked, he had a look of shock on his face at my response.

"Harry."

"Boob squisher." I replied. Everyone's heads turns towards me, with confused faces. "Probably not the best thing to say." I added biting my lip. Zack raised his eyebrows at me. "I sort of know Harry and Louis." I admitted looking at Zack.

"Oh, how?"

"Um... long story." I settled on. "By the way Louis, a cowboy hat? Really?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him, the look on his face was priceless, that pretty much made my day and it had only just started. 

**

"Right, well I'll call you back in, in a few moments, if you go back to the previous room and wait, I'll be with you shortly." Zack spoke, he had an uneasy presence amongst him.

"Thank you." I quietly mumbled. We exited the room, Taylor walked in step with me and when she was clear we were out of ear shot she let loose.

"What the heck was that?" She practically yelled.

"Can you not remind me of what just happened?!" I screamed back.

"You probably just messed up your future!" She shouted running her hands through her hair.

"You think I don't know that?" I asked raising my voice as it slowly began to crack.

"I worked hard to get you here and then you just do that!"

"I know!" I shouted, there were tears brimming along my waterline but I couldn't show I was weak.

"Then why?!" She screamed, we were stood outside of the door to the room where I wasn't sure if One Direction were still sat in or not.

"Because..." I sighed, waving my hands in defeat.

"What happened?" She asked calmly placing her hands on my shoulders. I looked into her eyes but I couldn't bring myself to tell her the reason, and focused back on the ground. "Fine, whatever." She huffed before storming in the room. I squeezed my eyes tight, letting the tears disappear before I reopened them and followed her into the room. I avoided the gazes by the 5 different sets of eyes in the room on me, although I did notice Taylor was sat, arms crossed over her chest and a scowl across her face. Not one of her best days. I shuffled towards the sofa where Taylor was sat and perched on the other end, placing the guitar by the side of the sofa. We sat in silence, no-one speaking, coughing or laughing. Complete silence, I hated silence and it was starting to grind on me. I averted my eyes away from the wall in front of me to Taylor, she still remained in her upright, pissed off position. I now have no career and a pissed off best friend, could my life get any better? I thought sarcastically. Whilst I was in deep thought my eyes subconsciously found their way to Niall's. He didn't notice at first, I didn't see any harm in just staring at them. They were exactly like Laura's, when I saw Niall I saw Laura. As much as I wanted to tear my eyes away from his I couldn't, I felt like she was here with me right at this minute. His gaze finally met mine, but I ignored his facial expression of confusion and continued to stare straight through his eyes as if I was pulling apart his soul. I ignored the voices which finally began to fill the room and continued to most likely creep him out. Memories of Laura flashed back in my mind, that time I drove her to the beach where we stayed all day, ate a ridiculous amount of ice-cream and then regretted it after riding the rollercoaster eight times in a row. That was one of my favourite days, also because it was my 18th birthday, the one where you are finally legal to drink, I spent mine with my little sister at the beach, having the definition of fun, and I would still be able to remember it the next day. I could feel more memories flooding my mind as I continued to stare into his crystal clear blue eyes, they felt so welcoming, like Laura's were. I was rudely knocked out of my flashback zone by an elbow jabbing me in the rib. It was as if I had a strange connection with Niall and when my eyes broke away from his something didn't seem right. I slowly moved my head to look at the elbow which was fixed into my ribs, I followed the arm up to meet Taylor's confused and angry face.

"What the hell are you doing?" She whispered harshly. My mouth hung slightly open as I turned to face the boys who looked cautious of me. I bit my lip trying to think of what I was actually doing, but my mind came out blank, I couldn't just say I felt like I was staring at my sister, one; I would sound crazy and two; no-one would understand me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, averting it towards Niall as I quickly left the room. I couldn't stand to be in a room with him, I felt close to him only because of his eyes, yet I knew absolutely nothing about him. I began to quicken my pace as I walked down the corridor towards the exit, I couldn't stop the tears now, they had already formed before I even left the room.

Louis' POV

"Sorry about her." Taylor sighed, she didn't seem fazed by Scarlett's actions, she didn't even try and run after her. I began to wonder why the heck they were even best friends, half the time they seem like they can't stand each other.

"Well that was awkward." Zayn replied trying to lighten the tense mood around the room. Everyone let out a small smile, but the corners of my mouth didn't even attempt to move.

"I couldn't tell whether she was undressing me with her eyes or reading into my soul." Niall admitted chuckling as he said it. I couldn't stand this any longer, no-one knew what happened but I had a hunch. I jumped up to my feet which I think seemed to startle the other boys.

"Where are you going?" Taylor asked looking up at me.

"The place where you should be." I replied before jogging out of the room. I stumbled down the corridors, there was no sign of her anywhere which panicked me, she had only left a mere two minutes ago, how far could she have gotten?

I quickened my pace as I reached the exit, the place was empty except for the fragile girl sat on a step near a plotted plant, her knees were against her chest and her head was covered by the mass of hair. I didn't even think of what to do next, my legs were already carrying me towards her. Once I reached her frail body I knelt down in front of her, her breathing was stammered; she was crying. I placed my hand on her knee as a way of comforting her and letting her know I was there. I knew I probably wasn't the person she wanted to see knelt in front of her but right now there was no-one else. I had no idea how she would react. I was in a vulnerable position, if she decided she didn't want me she could extend her leg faster than I could move, and pretty much leave me lying around on the floor in agonising pain. I heard her breathing falter slightly before her eyes met mine, they were completely swollen but it wasn't the physical appearance what frightened me. It was what I saw beneath that. For a split second we shared eye contact her emotions flooded into my body, pain, anger, distress, hopelessness. I felt helpless right now, I couldn't say anything to make her better, I had no idea what she was going through, how could I possibly tell her everything was going to be okay, when maybe it wasn't. I looked down at the ground, at her feet. They were curled into each other showing she was scared and insecure, this was a completely different side of Scarlett I knew, she was vulnerable and I wasn't sure if I knew what to do. I looked back up towards her, her breathing was still rough but it was beginning to slow down which relaxed me a little. I placed both my hands on top of hers which were sat on top of her knees. She looked at me again, confused by the physical contact. I looked her straight in the eyes before standing up and pulling her with me. She felt weak, she barely tried to stabilize herself. However I was there to catch her, my hands never left hers until she was in my arms. My strong arms wrapped perfectly around her torso, my left hand rose slightly as I brushed the hair away which was beginning to stick to her face due to the salty tear stains. Her arms were grasped tightly around my waist, it was as if I was her safety blanket. I felt like I was protecting her, like I should have done from the very moment I met her. A flicker of Kendall flashed through my head, I had never experienced such a hug like it, not even from my girlfriend which worried me. I looked down at the frail girl holding onto me as if her life depended on it and the images of Kendall fluttered out of my brain without a second thought. I wasn't expecting Scarlett to say anything, she just needed someone there for her but when her voice crackled out a noise I was surprised.

"I can't go back in there." She managed to croak out.

"It's okay, you don't have to." I replied calmly, breathing softly into her hair.

"I just, it's..." She began to try and speak but I'm assuming the lump in her throat stopped her. Her breathing became unsettled again as she began to shake.

"Shh, shh." I replied trying to calm her. My lips lingered for a second on her forehead, I don't know I felt the need to do that but when I was little my mum would always do that to me whenever I needed comforting, and that's exactly what Scarlett needed right now. "It's okay." I whispered tightening my grasp around her, as if my life was depending on it now too.

"It's him." She managed to choke out, as she shuffled slightly backwards so she could look into my eyes. "It's her." She added. I brushed a loose strand of hair away from her face so I could now look her perfectly in the eyes.

"Niall?" I questioned softly. She gently nodded as a fresh set of tears dropped out of her eyes. I smudged them away with my thumb, not breaking eye contact with her once. I brought my hand to her cheek so she couldn't look away. "He reminds you of her, doesn't he?" I asked, rubbing my thumb around in circles on her cheek as her breathing gently soothed out. I remember the exact moment we were lying beneath the stars on that deserted island which was our little place, no-one else had ever been there. We were talking about anything and everything until she decided to speak out about her sister. She told me her name; Laura, and how she had the most crystal clear blue eyes she had ever seen, which led me to tell her about Niall's eyes and how they had the same dazzling effect.

"The eyes." She replied blinking slowly, she was trying to stop the tears but I knew every time she thought of Niall and then his eyes memories of her sister hit her, and they hit her hard. She was having trouble speaking, her mouth slowly opened but closed again as if she couldn't find the right words to say. My eyes never left hers; I was going to be here for her this time.

"You don't have to say anything." I spoke softly trying to comfort her the best I could. She nodded but opened her mouth, this time with an aftermath.

"His eyes are the same as Laura's." She admitted. "Every time I look into them, I see Laura, it's like she's with me again." She sniffled.

"And she is, she's watching over you, protecting you." I gently whispered.

"I don't think I can be around him again." She sighed running a hand through her hair.

"Then don't be." I replied gently grabbing her hand and squeezing it tight. She looked me square in the eyes before another steady stream of tears slipped out. I couldn't tell what was going through her head right now, but I knew she needed someone and that someone wasn't Taylor. She lurched back into my arms squeezing the air out of me, normally I would complain or joke about it but now wasn't the time. I wrapped my arms tightly back around her and rested my head on her shoulder and nuzzled my head into her neck.

"I'm going to be here this time." I whispered to her very faintly, I wasn't sure if she could hear, she remained completely unmoved. I wasn't just telling her this, I was telling myself this too, I couldn't let her down again, she was an actual human with actual feelings of which I should have been more aware of in the first place. I gently closed my eyes, gently humming in her ear as we remained in our embrace.

"Louis?" She gently whispered into my shirt.

"Hmm?" I softly replied not moving.

"Thank you." She responded, barely audible but a small smile crept on my face, for once she wasn't ripping my head off. I began to gently hum a subtle tune into her neck as we remained unmoved. This was perfectly imperfect. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 44.5K 26
Scarlett is abused. Abused by the only person she has left. She turns to music to help her enjoy life. But when her father disapproves of her passion...
3.7K 253 57
Roxy and Louis re-unite after two years and they haven't seen each other ever since the day they broke up. What happens when Roxy becomes an official...
3K 60 17
Harry is quite suicidal. Who could blame him? Life sucks. Or at least that's what he thought before he met Louis Tomlinson. The mysterious boy he had...
1.3K 48 26
Louis and Harry has been best friends whole their lifes. They are inseperable. Their friends ZAyn, Niall amd Liam was in a car accident when Louis mo...