Ohio Isn't Forever

Bởi r0cknr0llchick

Ohio isn't forever. That's what seventeen year old Heather Whimes keeps telling herself, but she's really not... Xem Thêm

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n

e p i l o g u e

42 3 1
Bởi r0cknr0llchick

Rob continued to sneak over to see me, and he was never caught. His parents assumed we had both stopped associating with one another, but we continued. By senior year, after a few weeks, I became sick and had to go to the doctor. That was when I discovered that I was pregnant with Rob's baby. Our families did not necessarily approve of any of it, but overtime, they became happy with it, and let me and Rob began to see each other again.

I hadn't really thought up any baby names, but neither had Rob. Occasionally I thought it was all just some joke, and there was no way I was actually pregnant. Then, I'd look at the baby bump, and it made me realize that I actually was. Half of myself, and half of my love was growing inside me, and I was amazed.

On an even better note, George was released that year, and Rob's father and him were now on good terms. They were friends, but they were still hesitant to actually hang out very much. Mr. Miller invited George to come down, and occasionally he would go up to see George in Kentucky. I was glad that they had finally put the past behind themselves.

School went on of course, and things were rough for me. I missed so many days because I was under a lot of stress, but I still managed to pass. I discovered that when your pregnant, everyone wants to be your friend, but I didn't let them. Maddie and Abigail had tried being nicer because they knew I was carrying Rob's baby, but I never bought into their games, so they went back to being the two stuck up bitches they were. They had done nothing but belittle be since we got caught for running away.

Me and Calvin managed to make amends, and I even found that him and Rob made great friends as well. It was a little weird to think that the boy that never really lost feelings for me, and the boy whose baby I was carrying, and with now, could tolerate each other in the same room, but I never complained. Rob said that Calvin was allowed to be around us, he just couldn't try anything.

The day of graduation approached much quicker than I expected it to. We had to prepare speeches, and speeches in front of large crowds of people, had always been my biggest fear. Especially when I had to do it while I was carrying my child.

But I did.

"So the time has come for me to move forward with my journey in life to become a responsible adult," I began. "Let me explain why I put emphasis on the word responsible. Some people don't understand how to be that word. When they do something wrong, they want to point fingers at everyone but themselves. They never want to own up to anything that they've done." I looked out at everyone. Parents were nodding their heads, and nudging one another. "I know that not long ago I made decisions that most of you know were extremely immature, but I've learned from them. I am no longer the same person I was then. But what I do know, is that I will always own up to the mistake that is making those decisions. I have a child on the way-"

"Yeah baby! Woo!" screamed Rob from the audience.

I blushed, and the whole place filled with laughter. When it subsided, I continued:

"Yes, I have a child on the way. Meaning I will have to take on twice as many responsibilities as most of you might. I just want you all to know today, that when you leave this place, and you're out there in the real world, be responsible, and don't make poor choices. I'd like to thank everyone whose been by my side every step of the way, which isn't very many, but still. My amazing boyfriend Rob Miller, my best friend Calvin Williams, and even my two enemies, Maddie Fuller, and Abigail Grace."

There was more laugher, and I studied Maddie and Abigail's irritated expressions with amusement.

"When you two leave, I hope you make more choices in life besides being two evil conniving human beings. It's time to grow up, before it's too late."

The speech was known as one of the best that had been given, even by the teachers and staff whom I expected to get in trouble for it by.

Rob gave a short speech that was mostly about me and the baby. He constantly kept us all laughing. It was pretty amazing how popular he had gotten at the school, when he hadn't been there as long as us.

Life did go on, and me and Rob moved in with my cousin Sarah, with plans to eventually get our own apartment.

The baby came, and we named her Rebel Anne Miller. The name was mostly Rob's idea, because I still hadn't really thought of anything. Rebel had a full head of gorgeous dark hair, and piercing big green eyes. She was the sweetest baby, and I loved her so much. I cried the moment they placed her in my arms, and Rob did to.

We got our own apartment by the time Rebel turned one, and she loved it more than she loved staying with Sarah. I had to admit, I did to. Sarah was the best, but we needed a place of our own.

Rob made coffee for me every morning, as well as bacon and eggs, because that's really the only thing I ever ate for breakfast. He'd also make Rebel food, and fix her the biggest glass of orange juice, because Rebel loved oranges and orange juice.

Life was perfect, especially when Rob proposed, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

-

There was a knock on our door, and Rob was at work, so it was just me and Rebel at home that day. I was sure we weren't expecting any company, so I looked to see who it was.

Abigail Grace stood out there, waiting for me to open the door.

I did. "Can I help you?" I asked, not bothering to hide how irritated I was.

"Yeah, I'm just up here visiting my grandmother. I ran into Rob at the gas station, and we had a chat. He said I could find you here if I wanted to talk."

I wanted to explode and ask her why she was talking to Rob at all, but I didn't. "So what's there to talk about Abby?"

"Can I come in?"

I stepped aside to let her, and her eyes automatically locked with Rebel, who was drawing a picture on the floor by the couch. Abigail didn't look like Abigail. She didn't wear her usually slutty clothing, and instead wore a pair of jeans, and a grey flannel. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun.

"Please don't start anything in front of my child. If you want to-"

"That won't be necessary." Abigail said.

"What won't?" I asked.

"The whole spill you're about to give me. I'm not here to cause any trouble." she said.

"That's funny. As I recall, you were always trouble."

"People change."

"Oh?"

"I'm trying to better myself, and I thought I'd like to start with apologizing to you." Abigail said.

I snorted. "Are you sure you started with that, or do you mean you started with changing from those skimpy outfits, to something better?"

"Don't make this difficult."

"You've made most of my life difficult. Using me, you and Maddie both, when you had no one else."

"We actually liked you." Abigail said exasperatedly.

"Then why did the two of you treat me like shit for so long. I had no friends, and you two knew that, so you took advantage." I said.

"Heather I get it, okay? I was a complete bitch, but the truth is, I've always been jealous of you."

What? Abigail Grace was actually claiming to be jealous of me. I almost laughed.

I did laugh.

"I'm serious," she continued. "You've always been this bold person who isn't afraid to speak your mind, or be yourself. I've never been able to do that. The "skimpy" clothes were the only thing that attracted a guy to me. Now that I've started dressing normally, no one pays attention."

"You should've always been yourself." I said.

"I know that, and I apologize. Can you forgive me?" she extended a hand.

I glanced at it, then looked at her. She actually looked like she meant everything that she was saying, and I hoped maybe she did.

I shook it.

"Yes."

And that was one of the biggest steps I took in being a responsible, mature adult.

A/N: The journey into Heather Whimes' life has ended, but don't be sad guys!

I hope you all learned something from this book, and if you did, I would really like to know what that is. So please comment and leave your opinions on this book! :)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

8.9M 280K 38
This is NOT a story about incest so please don't get the wrong idea. Disclaimer: I made this book when I was like 12 so just beware lol "B...
80 3 13
This is a story I wrote when I was in my first year of college. It's not the best writing and there are most likely some grammar errors, but I though...
1.9K 128 27
When 16 year old Hannah meets a boy that she met online she realizes that being friends isn't the only thing either one of them wants. They both want...
65K 2.1K 47
" Oh...you have a beautiful smile princess" What.The. Hell he is flirting with my best friend "we know that now go away would you" I said frustrated...