The Life of the Sikla

By BlissMoon12

This is a story set in the heart of Yellowstone, where a runt named Sage is born. Her pack doesn't show much... More

Authors Note (Please read)
WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH ARE THESE WORDS I'M USING?!!!
Chapter 1:The Birth of a Runt
Chapter 2:Druid Pack Training
Chhapter 3:The Rouge Pack
Chapter 4:A Sikla Among Rouges
Chapter 5:Pranks and Disipline
Chapter 6:Oh Boy...
Chapter 7:Willpower
Chapter 8:Sage's biggest fear
Chapter 9:Alone and Powerless
Chapter 10: Sage's Not Having It
Chapter 11: Back home
Chapter 12: The Change
Chapter 13: Never Alone

A Sikla Among Rouges (2)

232 17 3
By BlissMoon12

Try as I might, the rope would not break. Damn humans and their technological advances. My energy died and I eventually plopped down into a slightly uncomfortable laying position with huff. The varg around me were all nearly done scouring the land as they searched for food and trespassers. Every once in a while, one would walk over to me and give me a dominance stance. If I didn't show them the respect they didn't deserve, they would give me a sharp nip and walk off.

The day was coming to an end, and varg were settling down all around me in their designated spots. The dragga hadn't returned, which was a good thing. Personally, I hoped he was crushed under the hooves of a moose. But that thought was short lived when a powerful howl rang through the den site. Almost as if they were all in a trance, the other varg got up and howled back

Without realizing it, the wolf that confronted Malak had walked over to the tree containing my rope. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to untie the rope from the tree. Before I could go anywhere, he put the loop around his head and tightened it. I stayed in my spot and looked around at the rouge pack. My thoughts were directed towards my pack and my mother. I may be a sikla, but I have will power, and I wont break so easily. My pack would encourage me to be strong and face my fears.

When the varg had the rope situated, he gave it a little tug letting me know to get up and follow. I laid my ears back and curled my tail around myself tightly. There was no way I was going with them, willingly least.

"Really now, this will get you nowhere." He said, sarcastically lecturing me.

I looked at him with an innocent smile. "That's what I'm aiming for," I replied with a slight flick of my tail.

"You know that's not what I mean Sage." He said rolling his eyes. "If you want, I can call the dragga...." He said.

"So be it." I snarled upward and bared my teeth.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "I will resort to force if I have to young one," He stated as more rouges began to gather around us.

I looked around at them nervously and cowered slightly, trying to tighten myself into a ball.  I kept my ears down and closed my lips over my teeth. Toreth was gone with the drag, wherever they might be, so I wasn't as afraid. Malak trotted over with his tail up. He stopped just behind the varg with the rope.

"Does she need motivation?" He asked in a menacing way. "She could use the lesson."

The varg laughed a bit and flicked his ears. "She might, but I'll let her decide whether or not she wants to be punished.

"I'd rather die," I said through barred teeth. My hairs began to rise and I tightened my small little form.

"You'll wish you were once we're through with you," he said with a smirk. "You will come with, even if it means dragging your sorry ass all the way to the dragga."

"The dragga can bite me." I said flicking my ears.

"He just might."

"You're all a bunch of ignorant, selfish, pricks. I wont stand. You can break my body, but you can't break my spirit."

Malak turned to the wolf confronting me. The other rouges were laughing and growling at me. The wolf smiled and flicked his tail as he suddenly nodded towards Malak and the other rouges.

I tightened myself further as they approached me with dominant postures. I don't fear death, I fear pain. And pain is exactly what I'd be receiving. Malak made the first bite to my neck, allowing for little resistance as he clawed my back. The rest began to rip at my hindquarters and paws. I held in my yelps and whines as I allowed the silent tears to fall.

Suddenly, I was roughly thrown to the ground a few feet in the direction of the howl. I hit the ground with a sharp yelp of surprise and quickly got up to face my attackers. Malak looked at me smuggle all while my captor yawned and stopped him from continuing.

"Braerr, she could do with a bit more..." he began.

"No, lets just go. Hurstrick will begin to loose patience. Besides. Look at her, she's a mess." Replied Braerr.

What he said was an understatement. I was bleeding a lot. My once smooth, beautiful pelt is now ruffled and soaked in blood. Everything stung no matter how I stood. I eventually lowered my head to the ground as well as my tail. I didn't submit, but I didn't lay back down. Braerr walked ahead of me and gave me another tug on the rope. I resisted slightly but took a step in his direction when I lost my balance.

He smirked and looked to Malak. "See?" he began. "All it takes is a small punishment and we're on our way." he said smoothly.

I didn't come willingly, but it was hard for me to tug back and deal with the choking sensation as well as regaining my strength. Eventually I gave in and walked slowly behind as I endured the constant nips and insults from Malak and the others. Everything was stinging as I moved. The constant movement to my wounds caused me to tear up big time.

Soon enough, we entered the section of the forest where the dragga was. He was watching us while his maw and paws were a mess of blood, a dead elk lay at his feet. His eyes fell upon me and I could tell he was both satisfied and confused as to why I was bleeding and torn. I kept my maw shut and lifted my head in slight defiance.

"So I see you had an easy trip?" He asked Braerr.

"Oh yeah..." he rolled his eyes in sarcasm. "She was just about as stubborn as a mother bear getting its cub taken away,"

"Is that so?" the dragga looked down on me with humor. In response, I smirked and laid down on the cold ground sighing. The rope was uncomfortable and an annoyance for it made things difficult. Braerr nodded and side stepped so the dragga could face me better.

"Everyone go eat now." He said to the rest of the rouges. "Braerr stay, this will only take a little while."

I huffed and looked him as he looked down on me again. "You've been coping quite an attitude Sage." He said in a bored voice.

"Yep." I replied and looked away determined to act as rude as possible.

"Hmm, what are we going to do with you?" He muttered with a small laugh.

"Let me go?" I stated the obvious.

"That would be counter intuitive though..."

"That's a matter of opinion kiddo." I replied rolling my eyes.

He chortled. "Guess it is isn't it?" he then turned around and most of the rouges were sitting about waiting for orders and done with their meal. He turned back to me and smiled. "Your turn to eat darling."

I sighed and stood up slowly but looked him in the eyes. I then took a step back and glared at him.

"Look at you.." he began. "Not broken, but withering away. You'll die.."

"I can live with that."  I muttered.

"No you can't." he said. "We aren't going to leave until you eat."

The rest of the pack practically groaned at this. I nearly laughed but only looked at the dragga and rolled my eyes. "Fine"

Braerr walked over to the elk and ate his fill. I was pulled along, but didn't eat. He then walked away but only enough where I could still reach the meat. I laid down and curled my tail again. It comforted me. A hug to myself.

My stomach was growling loudly after a while, but I merrily closed my eyes tightly to try and think of something besides the smell of fresh elk. The rouges were growing impatient, but the dragga stayed calm through it all. He stood up and took the weight of dragging me around off of Braerr and positioned the rope around his own neck.

Great. I thought. Now I get to be dragged by this asshat.

He smirked at me as if he could see my frustration. In response I bared my teeth and let out a weak growl. "Sage, stop trying to intimidate me." He said flicking his tail. "It doesn't suit you kiddo."

"Suits me better than you..." I muttered to the ground.

"That I can disagree with."

"By all means disagree, but it's true. I could give a rats ass if you believe me or not."

At this he laughed. "Well okay then sikla." He said

My stomach made  sudden big growl, causing me to stand up half way at shock. Hurstrick, the dragga, chuckled and shook his head in disappointment. "Your obviously hungry little one."

"Says who?"

"I think you should ask your stomach that exact question dear."

As if on queue, my stomach growled louder this time. I curled my stance slightly at the discomfort that came. Now I was fighting with my stomach and inner self. I wanted to eat, but I didn't want to see them use me against my pack.

"Seriously, if this is going to become a routine every time I ask you to eat, you might just find yourself facing another punishment that's worse than the one you received before you came"

"Mhm..." I mumbled and looked at the elk again. His threat didn't at all surprise or frighten me as much as starvation. So I swallowed my pride and got up to take a small bite of the elk. It was warm and juicy, making my stomach crave more, but I savored this bite.

"More" said Hurstrick with a smirk. "You know you want to eat more."

I huffed and rolled my eyes but gave into the hunger and allowed myself to take the liver that was surprisingly untouched. It was wet with blood and slightly torn up, but still warm and filling. I was able to swallow it in one gulp before I looked at the dragga and bared my teeth. "Better?" I asked annoyed.

"Much." He replied laughing. "Now everyone can get to work again. Don't you all have jobs to do?"

Gradually the pack got up and walked off to their 'jobs'. Some were giving me death glares at me and muttering under their breath. I only looked at them smugly. Marak got the blunt of the smug looks as I lifted my tail at him. His response was to shake his head and walk off with a low snarl.

"You've made quite an impression on this pack, but now you'll be my responsibility." said Hurstrick. "You will listen to me and follow me without hesitation. If you're good, maybe I'll let you off the rope."

"I nearly refused his terms until I heard the last bit. If he could let me off the rope, I can get more of a chance to escape. Seemed like a good deal, but I was still hesitant to respond. All of the wolves were now gone and I ended up lowering my tail slightly. My instincts were to submit, so I tried to stop myself from submitting any more than I just did.

"If you have nothing to say then I'll just assume you'll come with me willingly..." he said and turned around. He then began to walk in a direction I had no desire to follow him to, but I forced myself to be pulled along. Though I stayed a ways away.

I could practically smell Hurstrick's smirk. I let out a large sigh and picked up my pace a bit. Because he was larger than me, he was able to travel with longer strides. "Don't worry sikla, your obedience training wont be too hard."

"I think you're mistaken kiddo." I said through gritted teeth.

"That, my sweet little friend, is a matter of opinion."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 21.9K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...
356 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...
11K 451 15
An omegas curse is that they would never have a mate. They are the weakest wolf in the pack so they are usually not respected either. Some omegas are...
361K 20.6K 62
Bitten by a stranger she was trying to rescue, June realizes she is turning into a werewolf. An alluring man named Dom promises to help her as long a...