He's Got a Love Like Woe - [S...

reedperson által

'There. It's done. I can walk away with my pride and the knowledge that after sixteen long years, I've finall... Több

Prologue
Chapter One - Hunky McHunkster
Chapter Two - Jesse Freakin' Garcia
Chapter Three - Oh, Pamela Tate
Chapter Four - The Popper
Chapter Five - I Think This Belongs To You
Chapter Six - Deny, Deny, Deny
Chapter Seven - Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Eight - Bi-Freaking-Curious
Chapter Nine - Bathroom Brawl - Part One
Chapter Ten - Bathroom Brawl - Part Two
Chapter Eleven - Marking
Chapter Twelve - The Jacket
Chapter Thirteen - Chances
Chapter Fourteen - Tease
Chapter Fifteen - Family - Part One
Chapter Sixteen - Stories
Chapter Seventeen - Family - Part Two - Meet the Parents
Chapter Eighteen - Sleepovers and Chewing Gum
Chapter Nineteen - Rumor Has It
Chapter Twenty - What Doesn't Kill You
Chapter Twenty-One - Makes You Stronger
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Talk
Chapter Twenty-Three - Oberon
Epilogue.
Extra Numero Uno - The Party - Theo's POV
Sequel Announcements!
Would You Rather?

Chapter Twenty-Four - Birthday Boy

49.5K 1.5K 423
reedperson által

Puck Cainly

On January 13th, my birthday rolls around.

     I'm actually kind of surprised to see my mom making my favorites for breakfast and Benny presenting me with a messily wrapped package. And then I remember:

     Oh. I'm seventeen.

     And then, despite the fact that Jesse comes through the door blowing through one of those annoying loud party favors and wearing bright purple and yellow, I get kind of depressed. Even the picture of Obie, Theo and me from Benny can't get rid of the reality.

     I'm a seventeen year old man-virgin.

     It's not like I didn't want to do it. Hell, about a week ago I was roaring to do it. Theo's house was empty and the chances of being interrupted were slim to none. I'd even resigned myself to being the bottom. At least the first time.

     And then Theo stopped, of all things, and said that it wasn't the right time yet.

     HOW COULD IT NOT BE THE RIGHT TIME!?!

     And what was worse: Jesse can just look and tell. I have no idea how he does it, but I hate it.

     I eat my breakfast without really tasting it and make sure that I have everything for class ready, feed Obie and give him the obligatory belly rub, then bundle up. Go outside with Jesse when Theo honks the horn. Reluctantly say goodbye to my parents and, as slowly as possible, walk out to the car and get in, despite it being freezing.

     Jesse's already in the car, warm and toasty by the time I get in the front seat. Oddly enough, Theo doesn't seem to be mad by the fact that I might've just made us late with my stalling.

     I had definitely been stalling. Actually, I'm sort of avoiding speaking to Theo too.

     Because a thought had occurred to me, after Theo flat out refused to deflower my ass:

     What if the problem wasn't the right time, as he liked to call it? What if the problem was me?  I mean, I know I'm all right looking, but I'm not exactly TDH. No matter how much of a douche he is, he was still gorgeous.

     What if he wants to break up? I can't even think about it without going pale all over. I know this because once, I was thinking about it and Jesse looked at me in his weirdly concerned way and said, "Pucky? Are you okay? You look all pale." 

     I barely notice when Rebecca and Caleb slide in, the former complaining about the weather. Or when we pull up at school. Or the glances that my friends keep shooting me.

     I do notice, however, when everyone gets out but me and Theo. Before I can unlock my door their doors are shut and they're waving as Theo speeds away from the curb.

        "Dude! What are you doing?! We have to go to school!"

     He looks at me like I'm the insane one. "It's called skipping," he says slowly, as if speaking to a child. Maybe that's why he won't sleep with me. Because he turns eighteen in April. Then again, Jesse and Kyle have a four year age difference and it doesn't put a dent of any sort in their relationship.

      God. When did I start using words like relationship?

      I shudder a bit, then perk up. "We're skipping?"

        "That's what I said." He says dryly, looking over at me amusement.

        "Oh. My mom's gonna kill me." That's true. My mom's a professor herself, so she happens to have a bit more respect for school rules.

        "No she won't. I asked her if I could do this beforehand."

        "Just when did you get so buddy-buddy with my mother?" I ask bemusedly. They seem to be in agreement about everything nowadays. The diagrams, Oberon, and now this. I feel a bit usurped. 

       "We talk sometimes." Theo shrugs as he drives around a slow car. He has no patience for people who drive at normal speeds. "If your next question is a query about where we're going, I'm not going to tell you."

        "Damnit. Come on, Theo. Please?"

       "No."

       "A hint. Just give me a hint."

       "No."

Theo keeps his lips tightly shut the entire hour and a half drive, so we talk about everything and anything, from Jesse and Kyle's odd dynamics to how Obie's coming with his obedience training (Theo paid for lessons--we go every other afternoon. The pup's incredibly smart, but a ball of energy.)

     The familiar setting of my city began to fade as we drove, and I spotted a few horses and cows. I pointed out these, making Theo laugh as he chewed his gum.

     After another fifteen minutes we hit city streets. It isn't a place that I reconize, so I look out my window, watching small shops and tourists fly past.

     Theo makes a few more expert turns and then we're pulling up to a restaurant called Isabella's. The parking lot's kind of packed, but Theo manuvers the car into a space in between a pick up truck and a smart car.

     I can't tell from the outside, but it seems like a pretty ritzy/casual place. Either way, the old pair of jeans and t-shirt that I'm wearing isn't going to cut it, especially with Theo looking like he belongs in the newest edition of Teen Vogue.

     Before I can voice my thoughts, Theo's already reaching back to grab a duffel bag that I hadn't noticed before.

     It has Jesse written all over it. I groan, hoping against all hopes that he hasn't just put a g-string and some whipped cream in there.

     To my surprise, the first thing that I pull out is a plain, sky blue cashmere (I think) sweater. It's soft and feels good on my skin.

     I peel off my shirt, concious of Theo's gaze, before sliding it on over my head. The soft fabric settles around my body like a blanket, and I make a mental note to thank Jesse later.

     Or maybe not, I think as I pull out the leather pants that he bought me for Christmas. They're perfectly straight, sitting innocently on my lap. I really don't see how I manuvered them on (nearly kicking Theo in the eye in the process, but it happens. Thank god for tinted windows.

     The shoes are the same ones that I wore at Theo's house when I first met his dad. I slid those on, make sure that my hair isn't too wild and look over at Theo. "Well?"

     He smiles, that crooked one that makes my heart go all weird, and softly gives me a kiss. "Perfect."

     That's my first hint that today isn't an ordinary day out.

We ate the best barbeque that I've ever tasted, drank sodas, laughed at the waitress's blantent attempts at flirting (which ended when Theo buttered a roll and hand fed it to me.) We paid, then left, laughing at the look on her face.

     Then, we went to a carnival that was in town. We got VIP wristbands and rode on most of the rides, ate funnel cakes and an illegal amount of cotton candy. I was being super careful about getting anything on the sweater, but as the sun went down I didn't really care anymore.

     We went for our third ferris wheel ride that day and watched as the sky turned red, pink, light purple and other, brilliant colors.

     By the time that we leave, my feet hurt, I'm stuffed to the gills and my face literally aches from smiling so much. Theo holds the giant teddy bear that I won him under an arm, holding my hand with the other.

     We cross the street, grinning like idiots and laughing at nothing and everything. By the time that I get to the car, I'm breathless with laughter.

     Theo kisses me until I can't breathe, then we're fumbling to get it unlocked and stumble inside.

     When I kiss Theo, it's like everything's right. It doesn't matter we're sitting in a parking lot where anyone sould see if they squinted hard enough. It doesn't matter that, a couple of months ago, I couldn't even fathom kissing a guy, let alone one with a snarky attitude, a secret love for Christmas and an addiction to chewing gum.

     Things are getting heated when he breaks the kiss, panting softly. "Wait, wait, Puck--"

     I growl softly and don't even feel embarrassed about it. "What now?"

       "Unless you want to lose your virginity in the back of a Mustang, we have to stop. Just for a bit. Hold on." 

     He cranks up the car and drives like this is The Fast and the Furious, and I can't even blame him because I want it too.

      To my surprise, we only drive for about ten minutes before we turn down a dark road. I shift n my seat nervously. He isn't planning to do it in the woods, right? 

     But we make one more turn, and a huge cabin comes into view. It looks like something out a fairy tale, ivy climbing up the sides, a small garden on the side, and it's dark.

       "My dad likes to have properties in any place that he or I go," Theo explains before I can even formulate the question. "Let's go."

     We walk up the stone driveway with Theo manuvering automatically to avoid rocks and places where the brick hasn't been tended to.It's obvious that Mr. Frost hasn't been here in a while.

     To my surprise, though, it doesn't smell dusty or dank when Theo opens the door. He turns on the lights to reveal a modernized living room. Black lather couches surround a deep wooden coffee table, a flat screen's mounted on the wall and the electric fireplace looks ready to be used. I look at Theo quizzically, and he blushes a little. "I planned ahead."

     Oh. So this is what he meant by 'the right time and place'.

     He bites his lip in an uncharacteristic show of nerves, then gestures. "Let's go." 

     I bite my lip as well, which automatically brings his eyes down to my lips.

     They snap up, and I'm not sure who moves first but we're kissing again, this one softer and less lust filled than the one in the car. It's almost like a reassurance for both of us, even though I'm the one who hasn't done this before.

       Somehow, we stumble to the bedroom without incident. I fall back on the dark green covered bed and look up at Theo as he crawls over me.

       "You'll take care of me?"

       "I will."

Afterward, in his arms, happy, tired and just a bit sore, he strokes my hair and mumbles reassurances. I sigh contentedly and snuggle closer, already half asleep, and let my mouth mumble back.

       "I love you."

     Theo goes stiff all over, about the same time that I freeze, suddenly wide awake.

     Was that...was that me?

     Oh hell no. I didn't just say that. I didn't. I'm not some chick that just blurts that kind of touchy feely stuff out. 

     But from the way that Theo's suddenly become statue like, I did.

     There's a few moments of tense silence, where I try to frantically come up with some kind of way to tell him that I was joking--

     Except I wasn't. I'm not. Those words felt so right, the perfect way to describe how I felt about the guy frozen behind me.

     So I slowly turn over to face Theo, who looks blank, and touch his face. "You don't have to say it back, if you don't want to."

     He blinks, then his face spreads into a heart stopping grin. "I want to. I love you too, Puck."

     I smile back. "Cool."

       "Cool? Just cool?" 

       "Oh. No. Actually I want to do a happy dance, but I don't think I'm up to it."

       "Sorry."

       "I'm not."

     We sit in a contented silence, until I groan and bring a hand to my head.

        "What? What is it?"

        "You're going to be the one to tell Jesse. Preferably when I'm in a bunker somewhere, so he doesn't try and glomp me."

        "He just might try and throw a party," Theo says thoughtfully.

     I groan again. He's all too right.

        "Let's just go to sleep. We'll come up with something later." He kisses my head, then wraps his arms around me.

      And like a charm, we both drift off to sleep.

*****

_________________________________________

I am SO SAD because the next chapter is.... *sniffles* THE EPILOGUE! Of course I'll be writing extra scenes but STILL! Ahhh!

I've written another one-shot for the LGBT_Library. I'd prefer it if you clicked on the oneshot group to get to it.

I'll be writing another BoyxBoy--I have about four different plot ideas that I'm shifting around in my head. So look out for that. Yeah. I'll probably post on here to let you know when it's out. Who knows, maybe I'll include characters from here in there?

Dedicated to *sniffles* AlyWasHere17 *sniffles* author of Top and Tail. Song is Hurts Like Heaven, Coldplay---> awesome band.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

221K 6.9K 70
"You deserved a real man to protect you and take care of you." Mm. So much for that. "How could I have done that sitting behind bars?" He takes my fa...
11.1K 585 33
"You made me lose the fight Munchkin" the dark mysterious hot guy whispered huskily in my ear. I couldn't breath he was breath taking. His bare chest...
1.2M 31K 32
I was walking to my locker when I heard someone calling for somebody. "Hey! Little cutie!" They called. I kept waking, since no one noticed me and...
874 203 33
A 16 year old girl, named Allison Francis. Who is a kind, sweet, generous type of girl. Who would do anything for her friends and possessive, caring...