Come Back, Be Here (Camren)

By ddamaged

Lauren and Camila are happily married, but a year into their marriage, a tragic event forces one of the brune... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue

Chapter 18

11.4K 389 174
By ddamaged

"Thank you so much for going with me to LA it really does mean so much to me." Camila smiles at her group of friends before loading her suitcase into the trunk of Dinah's car.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Chanch." Dinah assures the brunette as she slides into the driver's seat.

"Yeah, Mila, we wouldn't miss this." Mani smiles at the Latina.

"Mani you just didn't want to miss out on seeing California." Ally chuckles and the dark-skinned girl swats at her arm.

"We will always support you, Camz." Lauren replies and Camila, who opted to take the front next to Dinah, turns around to give her a warm smile.

"Thanks, Lo." Camila offers her a wink and Dinah scoffs.

"And Dinah and Mani and Ally." She reminds her best friend that Lauren isn't the only one going on this trip.

"Thank you all." The young Latina sticks her tongue out at Dinah before buckling her seat belt and tucking her feet under her. "What do y'all want to listen to?"

"Beyonce!" The engaged couple shouts in unison.

"The 1975." Lauren suggests.

"Tori Kelly!" Ally pipes up.

Camila laughs at the different suggestions as she scrolls through her phone. "Ed Sheeran it is." She announces and they all roll their eyes.

"What in the hell was the point of you asking?" Dinah looks over at the girl incredulously.

The brunette just shrugs nonchalantly. "I was putting him on anyway. I just wanted to be nice and offer."

"You're lucky we love you... and the British ginger." Dinah shakes her head before returning her attention back to the road.

When they arrive at the airport, they board their plane and are off to the West Coast.

"I hate planes." Lauren voices her fear of flying as she wipes her sweaty palms on her jeans.

"Oh, so that's the reason you put me on the plane and didn't get on it yourself." Camila chuckles, but soon stops when Lauren doesn't join in on the laughter. When she looks at the green-eyed girl, one of her perfectly sculpted eyebrows are raised. "Sorry." Camila smiles sheepishly.

"You love to make jokes about horrible moments don't you?" Lauren shakes her head and Camila just shrugs.

"It's a defense mechanism, I guess. Laughing is better than dwelling on things you can't change." She answers honestly.

"You always see the positive in a negative situation. One of the many things I adore about you." Lauren admits and Camila feels a blush creeping up on her cheeks. Instead of answering, she just leans her head on Lauren's shoulder.

"Can I tell you a secret?" The young Latina asks, her voice only a whisper.

"Always." Lauren promises.

"I'm scared that they'll want to sign me. If they sign me, I'll have to release my songs into the world and I'll have to listen to people criticize them and me if they don't like them." The musician voices her concerns.

"There will be people who will criticize your music. I can assure you that. However, there will also be people who will fall in love with your songs. There will be people who listen to them when they need to be cheered up and people who listen to them when they need a song to mend their broken heart. There will be boys and girls of all ages who will idolize you because your music changed their lives." Lauren pauses for a moment to gather her thoughts. "I've heard your music, Camz. It's fucking amazing. Those songs deserve to be released into the world because the world always could use some good music to make it a better place. There are people out there who are searching for sounds that they've never heard before and your sound could be just what they are searching for." Lauren smiles as she studies the girl laying on her shoulder.

"You always know the right things to say, Lo." Camila slowly lifts her head up and places a quick kiss on the green-eyed girl's cheek. When she pulls back, Lauren sees the tears swimming in her eyes. "I hope that my words can have as much of an impact on someone as your words have on me." The older girl just nods and continues to look at her wife lovingly.

Camila's stomach flutters as Lauren continues to gaze at her like she's the most precious thing in the world. The younger girl lays her head back on Lauren's shoulder so the girl cannot see how red her face is getting. After a couple minutes of comfortable silence, Camila flutters her eyes closed, the sound of Lauren's heartbeat lulling her to sleep. The green-eyed girl smiles when she hears soft snores coming from the girl laying on her shoulder. She slowly turns her head to the side and places a tender kiss to Camila's temple, only removing her lips when she sees a flash go off. She immediately looks up to see Dinah peeping over the seat in front of them, her phone in her hand and a smirk evident on her face.

Lauren just raises a questioning eyebrow.

"What? I'm just doing my official Camren photographer duties." Dinah shrugs nonchalantly before Normani pulls her back down in a sitting position.

"I'll send it to you when we get off the plane, Ralph." Dinah whispers between the cracks of the seat and Lauren chuckles.

"Okay thanks, Captain." She answers before carefully grabbing Camila's hand that is resting in her lap. She interlaces their hands and plays with the girl's slender fingers for the rest of the fight while listening to her quiet snores.

After the plane lands they all wait outside on the Uber. Everything is quiet until Camila suddenly pipes up.

"Shit Ally, let me borrow your cardigan." The young Latina breaks the silence and all the girls turn their attention to her.

"Why? What's wrong?" Ally looks at her concerned and the other girls share matching looks.

Camila just extends her hand, her puppy dog eyes staring at Ally. The shorter girl quickly shrugs off her cardigan and hands it to Camila, who immediately puts it on.

"I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan." Camila starts singing and all the girls, except for Lauren, roll their eyes. The green-eyed girl, however, doubles over in laughter.

"Extra." Dinah mutters and Camila just puts her tongue in between her teeth and smiles at the Polynesian.

"Mila give me my cardigan back!" Ally extends her hand. "I thought you needed it for something important."

"Umm that was important, Allyson. Musical references are always important." The younger brunette informs the girl as she slips off the cardigan and hands it back to it's owner.

"I thought it was hilarious." Lauren extends her palm to Camila and the younger girl high fives her.

"You would, Ralph, you would. You fucking die of laughter when Mila tells the orange you glad I didn't say banana joke." Dinah rolls her eyes while Normani makes the whipping noise with her mouth. The blonde immediately high gives her fiance. "This is why we are engaged." She announces and Camila just rolls her eyes before turning to Lauren and smiling.

"Thanks for always laughing, Lo." She thanks the green-eyed girl.

"Thanks for always making me laugh." She shoots back, ignoring Dinah, who is currently nudging Normani's arm quite obviously. When the Uber pulls up, Camila starts singing again.

"I just called an Uber and it's right outside. Oh my God, what is this? Want you all in my business..."

"Zara. Nice choice." Lauren nods her head in approval.

"You are half jukebox I swear." Dinah states as she slides into the Uber after Camila. "You see this, Mani? This is what I deal with every day."

"You love me. I'm your Chancho." Camila snuggles up next to the Polynesian and lays her head on her shoulder.

"You know I do." Dinah huffs. "Anyone else with ears would've already thrown your musical ass to the curb the first time you barged into their room at 8 am singing Wake Me Up by Ed Sheeran." Dinah rolls her eyes at the memory. "You're lucky the most I do is throw a pillow at your head."

"You throw because you care. I know that." Camila places a kiss on Dinah's cheek and the blonde wipes it off. The rest of the car ride to the hotel consists of Camila and the Uber driver gushing about how great Ed Sheeran's music is.

When they finally arrive at the hotel in downtown Los Angeles, they all pile into their rooms. After arguing about who's sleeping with who, they decide on Ally, Camila, and Lauren in one room and the engaged couple in the other. It was decided that the other three girls would be rooming together after Dinah announced that who ever slept in their room with them would have to be okay with her sleeping in the nude. Normani made a comment about how she is more than okay with it and the three remaining girls raced to the room across from them, opting to give Normani and Dinah their space.

After putting their bags in their room, Normani and Dinah make their way into the other room to visit with the girls. They walk in to find Camila pacing nervously in front of the beds.

"Holy shit." The younger Latina voices. "In an hour I'll be pitching my songs, my songs, to an actual record label."

"Chanch, stop pacing before you make a hole in the carpet and we have to pay for the damage." Dinah walks over to her best friend and places her hands on the girl's shoulders to halt her movements. "They've already heard your songs considering you put most of them on YouTube."

"Yeah, but I put the best ones on there so what if they don't like my others?" She panics and Lauren takes this as her cue to step in.

"Camz, remember what I told you on the plane?" Lauren asks and waits for Camila's nod. "Well remember that and go in that meeting with your head held high."

"Will you go with me?" Camila juts out her bottom lip.

"You know I would, but I promised to meet up with my friend Keana since I'm here." Lauren frowns.

"Yeah." Camila nods sadly, her bottom lip still protruded. It takes everything in Lauren not to just lean forward and kiss the pout off her lips.

"Cheech?" Camila turns to the Polynesian.

Dinah just lets out a breath. "Walz, you know I got your back, but I promised Mani we would hike to the Hollywood sign."

Camila doesn't even bother asking Ally because she knows the girl has an important meeting about the future of her business. "I get it." The brunette forces a small smile and grabs her purse. "You guys have fun!" She calls back as she exits the hotel room.

"Camz-" Lauren tries, but the door shuts. "Shit, I feel horrible. I'm going to cancel with Keana." She goes to reach for her phone, but Dinah stops her.

"Ralph, you put your own life on hold for her all the time. You always put her first. It's okay to put yourself first sometimes." Dinah pats the girl on the shoulder and Lauren just sighs, knowing good and well that Dinah is right.

"Mila knows we love her and we will all celebrate tonight when she signs the contract." Normani rationalizes and the other three just nod. "So everyone go do your thing and meet back here by 5 pm."

A half hour later and Camila finds herself sitting in the lobby of the building. She wipes her hands on her dress for the millionth time as she waits. The receptionist told her it would be a little while because Eric is still in a meeting.

About fifteen minutes later, a door directly in front of Camila opens and the eager girl stands up quickly, her songbook clutched tightly in her left hand. A man in a suit steps out of the room and makes his way over to her.

"Ms. Cabello. It's nice to finally meet you in person." The man greets her. "I'm Eric, the guy you have been in contact with." He extends his hand and Camila shakes it, hoping that her hand isn't as sweaty as she thinks it is.

"It's nice to meet you in person too, Eric. Thank you for flying my friends and me out here." She offers a smile and Eric just waves his hand in front of him.

"You don't have to thank me for that. Just repay me with good music." He smiles. "Shall we?" He gestures to the room he just walked out of and Camila follows him in there. She sees four other people in the room sitting at a round table.

"Camila, this is the label's Director of A&R, our A&R coordinator, our A&R administrator, and of course, our notary." Eric points to the four people at the table and Camila waves at them.

"Hi, I'm Camila Cabello." She announces before walking over to each one and shaking their hands. They all smile and offer a polite greeting. Eric then pulls out a chair and she sits down in it.

"Okay, so we are going to start off today by you pitching your songs to us. I told you to come prepared with a list of songs you would include on your ideal album." Eric speaks up as he folds his hands together and sets them on the table in front of him.

Camila nods and opens up her songbook. "So you have all probably heard most of my ideal album because they are the songs on YouTube. Everything Has Changed, Green Eyes, Say You Won't Let Go, She Is Love, and Love Incredible." She lists out a few of her songs. "Since it is only an EP, I know you said I would only need about 5 or 6 total. I wrote a new song a couple of days ago called How Would You Feel and I really would love to put it on there as well."

"One condition." Eric holds up his pointer finger and Camila just nods. "You play it for us right now."

"Sure, yeah." She answers immediately.

"Okay then." He stands up and grabs the acoustic guitar that is propped up by the wall. He walks over and hands it off to Camila.

"May I?" She asks while pointing to the stool in the corner of the room. When Eric just shoots her a thumbs up, she drags it to the front of the table. After sitting down and making sure the guitar is perfectly in tune, she looks up. "This song is called How Would You Feel. Hope you like it." She smiles momentarily before strumming the chords.

You are the one girl
And you know that it's true
I'm feeling younger
Every time that I'm alone with you

We were sitting in a parked car
Stealing kisses in the front yard
We got questions we should not ask but

How would you feel, if I told you I loved you?
It's just something that I want to do
I'll be taking my time, spending my life
Falling deeper in love with you
So tell me that you love me too

In the summer, as the lilacs bloom
Love flows deeper than the river
Every moment that I spend with you
We were sat upon our best friend's roof
I had both of my arms round you
Watching the sunrise replace the moon

How would you feel, if I told you I loved you?
It's just something that I want to do
I'll be taking my time, spending my life
Falling deeper in love with you
So tell me that you love me too

We were sitting in a parked car
Stealing kisses in the front yard
We got questions we should not ask

How would you feel, if I told you I loved you?
It's just something that I want to do
I'll be taking my time, spending my life
Falling deeper in love with you
So tell me that you love me too
Tell me that you love me too

When she plays the last note, everyone in the room stands to their feet and claps. Camila just blushes and looks down at the guitar.

"Told you, a star." Eric looks at his colleagues and they all nod their heads in agreement.

"Thank you." Camila smiles shyly.

"Camila, how would you like to sign a record deal with us? We want to produce your EP and hopefully many more albums after that." Eric offers.

"I'd really love that." Camila beams, trying to hold in the screech that's begging to be released.

"Well we have the paperwork all drawn up." He spreads the documents out in front of her and hands her a pen. She signs in all the places Eric points to and once she is finished, she raises up to see that everyone is smiling at her. "Welcome to Epic Records, Camila."

"So, what's next?" She asks the question that has been on the tip of her tongue.

"Now you go and celebrate with your friends and we will give you a call in a month or two, probably after New Years, to schedule a date for you to come back and record your album." He leads her to the door. "We will also go over all the terms of the contract as well as pay when you come back."

Camila nods as they both stand by the door. "Thank you for taking a chance on me."

"The pleasure is all ours." Eric assures before opening up the door for her. "Have a wonderful day, Ms. Cabello."

"You too." She smiles and exits the building. It is then that she finally allows herself to bounce up and down while shrieking. A bunch of people passing by the building stare, but she doesn't care. "I just signed a record deal." She breathes out, loving the way the words taste on her tongue. As soon as the Uber pulls up, she makes sure she informs the driver that she just signed a record deal. He doesn't seem as enthusiastic about it as she is, but that doesn't stop her from smiling like an idiot.

While riding back to the hotel, she immediately pulls out her phone and scrolls through her contacts. She is just itching to share the good news. Ally is the first contact, but she bypasses it because the shorter girl is probably still in her meeting. She keeps scrolling until she sees Austin's name, which causes bile to rise up in her throat so she continues to scroll. Cheech is the next contact, but she doesn't want to ruin her and Mani's day off. Next is Lauren, but just like Dinah, she doesn't want to intrude on her time with Keana. Mani is bypassed and so is her mom's contact. After scrolling through all her contacts, she just huffs and throws her phone into her purse.

When she arrives at the hotel, she decides to nap.

Celebratory naps are always the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.7K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...
8.1K 213 28
Y/N Y/LN is a young, talented girl with no means to continue on living. Her whole life has been filled with questions no one can answer. At fifteen...
29.1K 1.8K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...
10.6K 355 20
The trouble life with Lauren and Dinah...