A Metal Rose

By Lil_Jackie

"What is it like having a sister? Well...She is your mirror shining back at you with a world of possibilities... More

🌹 The Playlist
🌹 The Prologue 🗸
🌹 The Mission 🗸
🌹 The Cleaning Up 🗸
🌹 The Foolish Attack 🗸
🌹 The Mini Fights 🗸
🌹 The Dragons Battle
🌹 The Aftermath
🌹 The News Reporter
🌹 The Secrets
🌹 The Not-So-Bad Twins
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt 1.)
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt. 2)
🌹 The Mentoring Job (Pt. 3)
🌹 The Ride Home
🌹 The Battle Royale
🌹 The Continuous Battles
🌹 The Other Dragon Slayer?
🌹 The Fairy Law
🌹 The Fantasia Parade
🌹 The Off Day
🌹 The New Dragonslayer
🌹 The Rainbow Tree
🌹 The Not-So Amazing Race
🌹 The Faces of the Old
🌹 The New Adventure
🌹 The Coddiwomple
🌹 The Prison Break
🌹 The Rise Of Exceeds
🌹 The Dragon Sense
🌹 The Dorma Anim
🌹 The Goodbye for Edolas
🌹 The New Exceeds
🌹 The Day Of Remembrance
🌹 The Spa Favor
🌹 The "Friendly" Visitors
🌹 The Protective Unit
🌹 The Story of How I Met Your Sister-In-Law
🌹 The Story of How They Fell
🌹 The Story of How She Failed
🌹 The Good of the Guild
🌹 The Solo Attack
🌹 The Hurtful Truth
🌹 The Final Countdown
🌹 The Final Battle
🌹 The End
Behind the Works
A/N I guess?
5/7/2024

🌹 The Offerings

3.6K 118 1
By Lil_Jackie

Not even a week had past before something. . .different happened at Fairy tail.

In the middle of the guild rebuilding its' structure, a young, black hair girl with aqua eyes ran in. She held a small box that was wrapped.

   "Hello?!" She called out, making attention turn to her. "Do you know where the guild master is? Master. . .Makro?"

   "Master Makarov," The said man corrected, jumping off the wooden seat he was on and walking towards the girl. "I am he. How may I help you?"

The young girl took in the Master's short height - she was almost taller than him - before bowing in respect. "Hello sir! My name is Yui! I have a present for you!"

   "A present?" He rose a white eyebrow. "From whom?"

   "Mmm. . ." Yui looked around the guild hall and saw everyone staring at the two of them curiously. "I can't tell you out loud. I mean, sh-they didn't say not too, but I'm not sure they would like it going around."

Makarov stared the girl down for a short second before tilting his head towards the busy street of Magnolia. "Alrighty then. Follow me."

They didn't really walk far, the two of them standing half-way between Fairy tail's guild hall and the cobblestone road of Magnolia.

   "Well, whose it from?" Makarov held out both of his hands and close his eyes.

   "Gabbriel Redfox, sir."

At this, the Master snapped his eyes open in shock and anger as Yui placed the box in his awaiting hands.

   "How does a little girl like you get involved with someone like her?" He mused, mostly just to hide his anger.

   "Gabbey was a little girl once as well, sir, in case you forgot. I heard about what she did to Fairy tail - but you also got to remember. People like that weren't born, they were made."

Makarov stared at the girl with surprise. "If I may ask, how old are you?"

   "Seven, sir."

   "You are very wise for your age. Very polite as well. . .more polite than my brats. . ."

Yui smiled at the compliment before motioning to the box. "Well, are you going to open it?"

   "Do you know what's in here?" He asked, slowly unwrapping the ribbon and taking the box off.

   "Of course I do. My mother was the one to wrap it and I was the one to memorize what to say." Yui cleared her throat before reciting what she was suppose to say. "Don't expect an apology, because I'm not going to give one. But rest easy knowing we're not coming back for revenge.'"

As Yui recited it, Makarov stared at the present in the box. Inside was a metal rose - Gabbriel's signature mark of course - and a small Fairy Tail mark made of metal.

   "Yui. . .Do you happen to know where Gajeel and Gabbriel went?"

   "No idea, sir. If I may, I have to go help my mother with chores at my house."

   "Alright," Makarov patted the girls head fondly. "Keep up that spirit and wisdom you have. Thank you for delivering."

   "No problem!" Yui sent one last smile before turning on her heel and skipping off. Makarov watched the young girl until he couldn't anymore before looking down at the metal objects.

  . . .Redfox, huh?

🌹🌹🌹

   "What the hell are you crying about now?" A younger version of Gabbriel looked up at the sneering comment of one of her guildmates. Her red eyes were filled with tears and she could feel her brother pull on their bond worryingly, sensing her sadness.

   ". . . " She looked away in shame, sniffling. "Metalicana. . ."

   "Oh, your dragon, huh?" The group cackled. "Well, sweetie, sorry to break it to you, but dragons. Aren't. Real."

   "Yes they are!!" Gabbriel shouted, standing up. "Dragons are real!! That's how my brother and I learned our m-magic!"

The boys shoved each other, laughing all the while. "Then where is he?! Metallian, or whatever!"

   "Metalicana. . ." Gabbriel mumbled. "And he's gone. . .He disappeared on me and Gajeel. . ."

   "So he left you, willingly." Another guy pointed out with venom. "That means he doesn't want you."

   "I can see why," The first guy laughed, picking up Gabbriel's scrawny arm and waving her around. "Who would want this little shit? Her brother isn't much better!"

   "You can talk bad about me all you want, but don't say a word about my brother!!" Gabbriel shouted, kicking her legs wildly in the air. It hit their marks, hitting the guy holding her in the gut and making him fall down in surprise.

   "G-Get her!!"

Gabbriel backed up with wide eyes before turning around and dashing off, hearing feet trample after her. She yanked on her bond with Gajeel rapidly, sending scared emotions and signals of help.

After running for more than ten minutes, Gabbriel was starting to give up when a voice caught her attention.

   "Psst! Gabbey!!"

She turned around to see identical red eyes staring at her from within some tree leaves. It was Gajeel, and he was a good couple meters off the ground.

   "Come on, climb up! You gotta hurry, they're gaining on you!"

Nodding tiredly, Gabbriel started towards the tree and tried to pull herself up. Her arms shook with fatigue and just as she was about to slip, Gajeel gripped her wrist and yanked her up to the branch he was on.

   "Shh." He hushed quietly, putting a hand over her mouth. The two of them stayed deadly quiet, hearing the bushes under them rustle.

   "Where'd she go!?"

   "That lil shit!"

   "Come on, I think she went this way!"

Their loud footsteps ran away from them - making the twins hold their breath for good measure. As soon as their advanced hearing didn't hear them anymore, the two of them sighed out in relief.

   "Gee, Gabbey, what'd you do this time?" Gajeel teased but dropped his smirk once he noticed his sister's forlorn expression. "Were you think about him?"

  "Gajeel, what if Metalicana did abandon us because I was weak." Gabbey whimpered, confirming his thoughts.

  "Hey, Hey now." Gajeel cooed - a bit awkwardly - before bringing Gabbey into a hug. "We both know you're really strong! Your on par with me, and you barely know Dragon Slaying magic! You have your Metal-make thing to make you stronger as well!!"

Gabbriel's quiet cries turned into sniffles, squeezing her brother's shoulders in the hug before pulling back slightly. "R-Really?"

   "Of course!" He nodded. "Twin's code!"

The twins pulled away, Gabbriel taking a moment to get herself together before mumbling; "I think we shouldn't cry anymore."

   "Why's that?" Gajeel asked, looking at Gabbriel at the corner of his eye.

   "Because the members in Phantom Lord always make fun of us."

   "Well, we can't keep everything bottled up forever. I heard that's really bad."

Gabbriel took a strand of her hair and started twisting it, something to keep her busy. "Hmm. . .How about we do that sappy stuff in private! Only we can see each other cry, or we can just vent. We can't tell anyone besides us, though. . ."

   "Sounds like a plan." Gajeel agreed, although he didn't really care. He just wanted his sister to feel better and get her mind off their foster-father.

   "Thank you, Gajeel-nii!" Gabbriel sent a huge, thankful grin towards her brother - pushing her appreciation through the bond.

Little did Gajeel know, he was going to be using this a lot.

🌹🌹🌹

Gabbriel woke up with a start, looking around her surroundings before relaxing. It was just a dream, nothing to worry about. . .

She slowly laid back down, letting out a long breath to calm herself down even more. Her blood red eyes scanned the metal and sky above her, trying to keep her mind off the dream.

It's been over two weeks since they left Magnolia, and about five days since they've arrived to their hideout. It was littered with scrap metal, so neither of them would go hungry, but Gabbriel did manage to steal some waters and food that wouldn't perish.

With a grunt, Gabbriel kicked the ground and pushed herself up, landing on her bare feet. Gajeel and her never did find some shoes, but it's not like they cared. Shoes didn't matter that much to them. . .Although, Gajeel did keep his boots in their shared backpack.

Gabbriel sighed, dusting her bottom of dust and dirt before walking towards the top of the metal scrap pile. Gajeel sat their contently, taking random bites from random metal pieces.

   "Sleep well, sleeping beauty?" Gajeel grunted without looking over his shoulder.

   "Sure." Gabbriel grumbled tiredly, running her fingers through her tangled curls before snatching a piece of iron out of Gajeel's hands. "How long are we going to stay here?"

   "Until we know what guild we're going to, we need money somehow." Gajeel answered, glaring as Gabbriel took a bite of his metal. "Hey! That's mine!"

   "'Was'" Gabbriel corrected with a sly smirk, taking another bite - this time larger. Gajeel growled slightly before taking a metal disk below them, taking a bite as well.

They ate in silence, both of them sitting on the metal pole. There wasn't anything to say, and it wasn't an awkward silence. The two of them appreciated silence from time to time. Of course, someone had to interrupt their silence.

   "Hey there!" An old voice called out casually, causing the twin of them to jolt in surprise. They both turned at the same time and stared at the figure meters away from them. Standing there, was none other than the guild master of Fairy Tail - white beard and all.

   "Your Master Makarov!" Gajeel stated in surprise. Gabbriel watched with wide red eyes as the Master raised his hand in greeting. Makarov chuckled lightly, causing Gabbriel to snap back into reality.

Her black, arched eyebrows furrowed together with anger as the twins turned their backs.  "Come to rub it in our faces about our loss?"

Gabbriel sent amusement through the bond as they heard Makarov try to get up to their level - which Gajeel shared with a smirk.

   "Was a nice 'hello' indeed." Markarov grunted sarcastically, finally getting up a piece of metal slab. Gabbriel had no doubt he had to climb around a lot in their guild. "Not big on manner, are you?"

There was a moment's pause and Makarov got to their level and started talking again. "Your friend Juvia is the newest member of our guild."

The twins turned in disbelief. "No way, she wouldn't have!!" Gabbriel denied.

   "Are you kidding me?!"

   "No, sir. She was very concerned about your well-being after all that happened." Makarov explain and looked towards Gabbey. "We also got your little present."

Gabbriel scoffed and turned back around, throwing her metal piece away - from loss of appetite. "I sent that as a warning, that we'll be out there."

   "That chick's got rain for brains, what is she thinking?" Gajeel growled, throwing his iron piece as well. Gabbriel grunted in agreement, leaning on her brother's shoulder. There was another pause before Makarov spoke again.

   "Have you two figured out your next move?"

   "My next move? I don't know yet." Gajeel answered. "Keeping my options open, I guess."

   "I'm sticking with him - not like I can walk away from him." Gabbriel nudged Gajeel's side with her elbow in a playful way.

Makarov let out a sigh, clearly not wanted their plans to be nothing. "I have another question for you two."

   "So shoot." Gabbriel and Gajeel said at the same time. "Not like we have anywhere to be."

   "When you reflect on it, what was your own reasons for going to war with Fairy tail?" Makarov asked, making the twins look over their shoulders to look at him - Gajeel grunting for him to explain. "What did being in Phantom Lord mean to you? For that matter, what does the idea of a guild mean to you? What do you want to do with the powers you possess?"

Gabbriel locked gazes with Gajeel - both of them sending their confusion to each other before turning back around. "You sure got a lot of questions, old man."

   "Aren't some of those personal questions?"

Makarov lowered his shoulders a bit as he looked down. "They're all the same. What kind of man, and woman, do you tell yourself you are. And is that man and woman the same man and woman you have inside your heart."

More silence, this time more unsettling as Makarov continued in deeper. "If Jose asked of you, would you take a life for him? Is his power absolute, is his every wish your command? If that's the case, then your nothing more than a puppet. But I don't get that impression from you two, Gajeel, Gabbriel. You two are not mindless."

Gajeel closed his eyes while Gabbriel hunched over slightly, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Would you quit flapping your gums and get lost already?" Gajeel barked.

"There is no reason to give up and plunge into the darkness." At this, Gajeel opened his eyes and Gabbriel straighten up. "Come with us, join the Fairy Tail guild!"

   "Are you crazy?! Why in the hell would I want to do that?!" Gajeel turned back around with Gabbey quickly following.

   "Why would you even consider that?!"

   "There is great value in the time spent in one's company but a lifetime of total isolation is a fate no one should endure. Even if you have your twin at your side."

The twins eyes widen in shock at the old man's wise words. Gajeel closed his eyes and turned back around, while Gabbriel simply put her forehead on Gajeel's shoulder.

   "You know we're the ones who trashed your guild hall, right?" Gabbriel mumbled bluntly.

   "Ohh, I know." Makarov assured. "We'll rebuild it."

   "And we were also the one who hurt your three little friends." Gajeel added.

As if the sky noticed the sudden tension, it got cloudy and Makarov's voice dropped to a dark octave. "I know. The despicable act I will never completely forgive." The twins tensed up slightly. "But for me, letting a young man and woman fall into darkness when I know I could have done something to prevent it is something even more unforgivable."

Gabbriel let out a soft gasped, covering her mouth with one hand and the other reaching for her brother's. They made sure to keep their locked hands out of sigh, but Gabbey was pretty sure Makarov knew.

They sent emotions of comfort to each other, feeling each others distress they couldn't - wouldn't - show out in the open like this. Gabbriel felt Gajeel shake slightly and she had no doubt she was shaking as well.

Makarov held out an old, wrinkled hand towards the twins. "I cannot guarantee total salvation. I can merely point you to a path outside of the shadows. Will you choose to walk that path? Or to forget it and go the way you are."

Gajeel turned around to face Makarov as Gabbriel looked at the old man out of the corner of her eye. "W-Why?" She croaked out, quickly clearing her throat. "Why are you doing this?"

   "Because I don't see evilness in you two," Makarov answered. "I just see two lost souls wandering down the wrong path."

At that, Gajeel reached towards and shook his hand. "I will. . ." He mumbled softly. Two pairs of eyes looked towards the only female there, who was staring at Makarov with glossy orbs.

Clearing her throat and wiping her eyes with one hand, she reached another hand out to shake Makarov's hand. "Where ever Gajeel goes, I'm going. . . I trust his judgement."

Makarov smiled at the twins - who didn't return it btw - before turning around. "Well, come one then! We've got to get back to the guild sooner than later."

🌹🌹🌹

To say the least, it was awkward to walk into the guild that you nearly destroyed. This was why Gabbriel was fighting the urge to run back to some other town and start a new life. She felt Gajeel push reassurance through the bond as fairies started to glare at them.

   "Master," Someone near the front of the guild gritted out. "What are those two doing here?"

   "Hm?" Makarov hummed. "Oh, right. Gajeel and Gabbriel shall be joining Fairy tail."

   "What?!"

   "Master, you can't!!"

   "Don't you remember what those two did?!"

   "They act like we're not even here. . ." Gabbriel whispered to her brother, making sure only his dragon hearing could pick it up. Gajeel looked towards Gabbriel and mumbled back;

   "Lets just get our mark and find out what our next move is."

Gabbey nodded in approval just as Makarov raised his voice. "Quiet!" Once everyone stopped their complaints, he started. "I know what these two people have done, but I'm willing to look past this." He turned towards the twins. "Go to Mira to get your stamp. I have other business to attend too."

With that, he walked off, leaving the two metal-eaters to be glared at with full force. A few of them shuffled off, going back to their own conversations, but the tension was still there.

   "Gajeel! Gabbriel!" A familiar voice cheered, making them look towards it. Juvia came running at them with a smile. "Juvia is so glad that you two are well!!"

   "What the hell were you thinking, Juvia?!" They hissed at the same time. "Joining Fairy tail of all guilds?!"

   "There better be a good explanation for this!!"

The bluenette pushed her pointer fingers together with nervousness, looking down to the ground. "J-Juvia is sorry." She mumbled before looking up with sparkling eyes. "But Juvia did this in the name of love!!"

   "Shh!!" Gajeel hissed back.

    "That's good Juvia! You found someone you can love." Gabbriel forced a smile, eye twitching. Her face suddenly dropped as she looked around the guild. "Now, where is this 'Mira'?"

   "Follow Juvia!" The said girl cheered, grabbing Gabbey's and Gajeel's wrist and leading them towards the bar. A white-haired girl with dark blue eyes stared at them with no emotion as Juvia brought them closer. "This is Mira!"

The twins nodded awkwardly in greeting, shifting. "I'm guessing you want your guild marks?" Mira asked in a light tone, though there was something under it.

   "Y-Yeah."

   "Mhm."

Mira reached under the bar before pulling out a rubber stamp that had the Fairy Tail sign on it. "Who's first?"

Gajeel walked forward and leaned his left shoulder forwards. "Just below the shoulder. . ." He mumbled. Mira nodded and quickly stamped him, the black fairy tail mark appearing on his skin. Gabbriel walked forward, pointing towards a spot just above her collarbone and on her neck.

   "Here. . ." She mumbled. The cool feeling of a stamp pressing and being taking off made her shiver slightly before she back off, looking towards Gajeel. "What color is it?"

Gajeel moved her hair out of the way before answering. "Black. Not dark, dark black, but it looks like it has a tint of. . .blue. Can't really tell."

Gabbriel chuckled at his answer, glad he remembered how much she liked descriptive answers with colors before grabbing his hand and leading him towards some benches away from the others.

   "Come on, Juvia, you're going to get left behind." Gabbriel called over her shoulder, watching as Juvia walked after them with a small smile.

Gabbriel's hand brushed by her new guild mark with an uncertain look on her face. I'm now a fairy. . .

[Edited: 7/19/19]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 2.4K 45
-/-/- She was a friend, just like a sister. --- He was a teammate, like a brother. --- But if you ask me how we ended up together... --- for yourselv...
249K 7.8K 32
I'm Winter Heartfilia, twin sister to Lucy. I joined Fairy Tail, same as her, and made friends with the same people. But our experiences were anythin...
48.4K 1.2K 31
Lucy has a secret, that she and her first spirt know. Well they and the three siblings that she ran in when she was six. Elizabeth, also known as Liz...
73.1K 2.6K 18
Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally, I can't leave until that happens. I'm be...