devotion || anakin skywalker...

By guccifelixx

"Anakin, w-we can't." I explained while diverting my eyes from his gaze. He forced me to look at him again... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
P A R T I I
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e p i l o g u e
q&a !

f o u r

28.4K 585 1K
By guccifelixx

I was abruptly woken up by none other than my glorified nanny in a toga.

"Wake up or I will call C8 in here."

I was planning on staying in bed to make him mad until he said something about getting C8. She may be a weird droid, but she still scares the crap out of me.

"Alright! I'm up, I'm up!" I raised my voice to make sure he could hear me.

"You have 10 minutes to get ready and meet me in the living room."

"Where are we going?" I asked, no response was given from Anakin. I rolled my eyes and decided to go casual with my attire.

After about 6 minutes of staring at my closet, I decided on a flowy grey dress with gold embellishments.

I walked out 20 seconds after 10 minutes had passed. Anakin heard my door open and close and came out from the kitchen.

"You barely made it-" he stopped talking when he saw me. I scowled at him. He noticed my face and smiled, "You look lovely Verena." He said, knowing his compliments got on my last nerve.

"Can you tell me where we're going now?" I asked exasperated at his reluctance to answer my questions.

"The Jedi temple"

"Oh right, you told me that last night. I totally forgot."

"I'm going to take a look at at archives and you're going to watch." He stated.

"Sounds absolutely thrilling, I'll try not to have too much fun" I deadpanned.

Even though I had been to the temple just a day before, it's magnificence still mesmerized me. I didn't notice that Anakin had stopped in front of a door way and ran right into his back.

"Ouch"

"Watch where you're going"

"I hate you"

"The feeling is mutual"

I rolled my eyes and followed him into what looked like a library with touch screens instead of books and marble sculptures at every isle.

This place never ceases to take me breath away.

People dressed in Jedi robes milled around the rows of books or sat at screens.

Anakin sat at one of the monitors and began typing. With nothing better to do, I began watching.

"Having fun?" Anakin asked

"Tons" I answered sarcastically.

"Just do something on the computer, there's lots of articles to read."

I scowled slightly at how boring it sounded and reluctantly turned in my chair and faced the screen.

There were dozens of categories located on the left side of the screen that linked the user to articles concerning said category.

A search bar was on the top left, but since I wasn't knowledgeable enough to be searching for something specific, I stuck to browsing the various categories.

One in particular stood out to me.

SITH LORDS

I cocked my head slightly, interested at what the article could offer. I clicked the link but an article didn't show up, instead, a fresh set of more links popped up.

As I scanned the new list, I realized they were names of the Sith Lords. I kept looking, waiting for something to catch my eye.

I was beginning to give up hope and go back until I came across a name: Darth Plagueis.

What kind of a name is that?

Curiosity got the best of me and I clicked the link.

It brought me to an article on the Sith Lord. I began reading it in an attempt to find something interesting to justify to myself why it stood out to me.

Trained my Darth Tenebrous, Darth Plagueis is known as one of the most powerful Sith Lords in archived history. He wielded the power no other force bearer had before him, the power over life and death. Through extensive training and research, Plagueis discovered the key to resurrecting the dead. By imposing his will and controlling midi-chlorians he was able to keep them moving and functional, therefore breathing life back into those he had lost. Though the Sith had an apprentice, Plagueis spent years experimenting on how to bring people back to life. He taught him the basics of control over life and death, but his apprentice instead focused on his future plans for total galactic control. Darth Plagueis was eventually killed by his apprentice, the full knowledge of resurrection gone with him.

The word midi-chlorian blinked up at me. I squinted my eyes at the unfamiliar prose and decided to use the search tool instead of asking Anakin.

I clicked on the first thing that came up.

Midi-chlorians are intelligent microscopic life forms that live symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. When present in sufficient numbers, they can allow their host to detect the pervasive energy field known as the force. Midi-chlorian counts are linked to potential in the Force, ranging from normal Human levels of 2,500 per cell to the much higher levels of Jedi. The highest known midi-chlorian count—over 20,000 per cell—belongs to the Jedi Anakin Skywalker, who is believed to have been conceived by midi-chlorians.

As I read the last part of the article I looked over at my counterpart, mouth slightly open.

He noticed me looking and turned to face me.

"What?"

"Nothing" I answered quickly.

He gave me a strange look.

"Alright weirdo"

I narrowed my eyes as he smirked at his screen. I turned my head slowly back to my monitor still looking at him.

I finally flicked my eyes to the article. My brain churning the influx of knowledge I just gained.

Before I could continue with my research, Anakin stood up from his chair.

"Exit the article you're on, we're leaving."

Obeying his command, I closed the open page and pushed in my chair, still thinking about what I learned.

Anakin led me out of the library but went straight instead of going left towards the entrance of the temple to leave.

I trailed after him confused, but decided against vocalizing my curiosity.

He walked into a large room, its outside entrance flanked by staircases.

I recognized Master Yoda when I entered, he looked to be teaching younglings.

They had their eyes covered by a large helmet while deflecting small laser beams being shot out of a floating sphere with their lightsabers.

Master Yoda, noticing us, hit the floor with his cane multiple times to get the attention of the younglings.

"Younglings, younglings!" His voice got louder the second time.

The spheres floated upwards, the lightsabers were sheathed, and the younglings removed their helmets to focus on their master.

"Visitors we have." he said in his reversed form of communication.

"Hello" Anakin addressed the younglings, "I'm sorry to disturb you master." He looked at Yoda.

"What help can I be Anakin?"

"I'm looking for a planet described to me by an old friend, I trust him, but the system doesn't show on the archive maps."

Old friend?

"Lost a planet Master Anakin has. How embarrassing, how embarrassing." Yoda teased while shaking his head.

The younglings laughed and I giggled along with them, even Anakin cracked a grin.

"Liam, the shades." Master Yoda looked to a youngling near the switch. He pressed the button and the room was instantly darkened.

"Gather around the map reader." He instructed the children while Anakin placed a smooth metallic sphere on a pedestal.

"Clear your minds and find Anakin's planet we will."

I stood near the door, observing as the small sphere projected what appeared to be a blueprint for a star system. 

Anakin began walking, "It ought to be here" he pointed at a blank area, "but it isn't. Gravity is pulling all the stars in the area to this spot." He crossed his arms, frustrated.

"Gravity's silhouette remains, but disappeared the star and planets have. How can this be? A thought? Anyone?" Yoda looked around the room, obviously wanting one of his pupils to answer.

"Master?" A cute little boy stepped out of the group he was in, "because someone erased it from the archive memory." He finished looking pleased.

Yoda laughed and looked to Anakin.

"Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. The padawan is right, go to the center of gravity's pull and find your planet you will." 

Anakin walked with Yoda towards me, he used the force to bring the sphere to his waiting hand.

"The data must have been erased." Yoda said solemnly.

"But Master Yoda, who could empty information from the archives? That's impossible, isn't it?" Anakin asked.

"Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Only a Jedi could erase those files, but who and why, harder to answer. Meditate on this I will."

"Thank you Master." Anakin said when he reached me.

Yoda nodded, "When you figure the puzzle out, come to me you will."

"I will master."

"Goodbye Master Anakin and Senator Leoet."

My cheeks flushed at the fact that Master Yoda knew my name.

Here is chapter 4! I'm so sorry it took so long to update but I'm already pretty much done with chapter 5 so that should be coming out soon! And yes this story will be progressing slightly fast, I hate it when stories are dragged out and filled with useless chapters that do nothing to progress the story. ANYWAY ENJOY I LOVE YOU ALL:))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 225 8
Good soldiers don't always follow orders. Especially when it comes down to love. "Rex..." Ahsoka whispered playfully as she tossed around a headtail...
14.1K 390 26
"I thought we had decided not to fall in love." A story in which a Senator married a Sith Lord, but fell in love with another man. Padmé Amidala is...
118K 2.6K 48
You are a 21 year old girl, and a well-known and respected jedi among the republic. You loved your life, and the opportunity you had to help people a...
150K 3.8K 52
A storyline if Anakin left the Jedi Temple with Ahsoka rather than remaining there. Prepare for a different way Anakin looks at the Jedi, the Sith, a...