The Maid

Da KaylaBabs

Katryna has just finished university two years ago and still looking for a job. She studied drama and perform... Altro

The Maid
Sneak Peak
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 again
Chapter 19
Chapter Twenty
Chapter 21
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter 23
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter 25
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter 29
Chapter Thirty
Chapter 31
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter 33
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter 35
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter 37
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter 39
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
chapter 45

Chapter 1

77.9K 1.5K 177
Da KaylaBabs

Chapter 1

"Smile Katryna." My mother told me as my head whipped round to pose a smile just in time for the picture. "Gotcha!" She smiled as she gave me the thumbs up.

She pulled the camera back up to her face to take a couple of snaps of people nearby. She was taking pictures of the atmosphere so I would never forget it. She didn't need to as I would never forget this day. This day would remain special to me forever.

This was the day of my graduation from college. I have a BA in performing arts and Drama. My mother always said I was a dreamer, it is my passion to dance. My passion to act and to perform.

Me and three of my girlfriends would be heading to L.A at the end of the months. We saved up for a three bed apartment in the good part of the city. It may cost a fortune in rent but we all are determined to make it.

"Mum!" I called. She was off talking to some other parents forgetting about taking my pictures.

"Just a minute Katryna" She turned her back to me to keep gossiping with the other women that was there. Lord knows what they were talking about.

"I can't wait to move at the end of the month!" Lexi squealed in my ear as she rushed to hug me. Almost perforating my ear drum in the process.

"Neither can I." Came my dry response. Lexi is a good friend but I wouldn't say we were close. Nova drafted her in to share an apartment with us as L.A is so expensive.

Lexi comes from a rich family so she was able to afford the deposit for us to move. The only downside to living with her is her high pitch vocal cords. The girl should really join a choir.

"What going on here?" Nova said as she came to join us on the university lawn.

"I was just telling Kat here that I cannot wait till the end of the month. My dad is just finishing of the refurbishment then we be able to get the keys." Lexi literally bounced on her feet.

This is it. I could feel it. I soon be moving out of the state to become a Hollywood actress. It's not the came that I would be looking for but the chance to star in a movie. A chance to make others cry at a sentimental performance.

"To love, sex and work!" Nova yelled pushing her hand in front of us.

"Too love and Sex!" Lexi laid her hand on top of Nova's. "about mainly Sex!" She added with a wink.

I gave a smile then said. "Too love and hardcore Sex!" Then laid my hand with the other to girls to join us in a pact.

Two years later.

"Girls! Come on!" I shouted from the open plan large living room. I switched on the large flat screen television that was attached to the wall. Curtesy of Lexi father. "Your going to miss my cameo performance."

I turned the channel over to HBO. After all these years this will be my first television performance.

"What is the big who har about?" Nova asked coming out of the kitchen area. She had a naked chef apron on. She washed her hands before coming to stand beside me staring at the television.

"My agent just called." I told her. "My show that I filmed is about to air."

The show opening sequence appeared on the screen. I felt my pulse start to rise in anticipation. I glanced at the clock ready to call my mother to let her in on the good news. She always thought I was chasing a dream. She being on the other coast she can catch the other showing in an hour.

"Why didn't your agent tell us earlier!" Nova complained fast walking back to the kitchen to open the fridge. " Champagne." She cried as she walked to the cupboard to find the cork screw.

"What is all the noise about?" Lexi stumbled out of her bedroom wearing next to nothing as usual. "I just got back to sleep."

"At four o'clock in the afternoon?" I said shocked quickly turning my face towards her.

"So." She gave me a dumb expression look as I heard a pop then the shatter of glassware.

"Sorry." Nova said with a grimace. She carefully stepped over the glass to pour three glasses of champagne. She gave us a flute each.

"Don't drink it yet!" Nova hissed to Lexi.

Lexi lowered the glass from her lips giving Lexi a dark stare. "Don't tell me what to do."

"Shh..." I put a finger to my lips, telling them off like they were some sort of child. "My part is about to come up."

I took a step back from the television to take in the whole view of the screen.

I saw a cop approach a homeless woman sleeping behind a trash bin, he was tapping her on the shoulder. She looked up to greet him.

"That's me!" I screamed and pointed at the television.

The woman turned to tell the policeman that she saw a man kidnapping a woman the other day. He took her statement then told her snow is on the way and she better go to a shelter for her safety. The show then cut to another scene.

"That was it?" Lexi said dryly. "You woke me up for a two minute part?" She laughed as she drank her drink the slithered away to her room.

"Bitch!" I said at her departing back.

"Don't listen to her." Nova reassured. "You had a couple of lines on a prime time tv program. That sort of shit you can add on to your resume."

My eyes glittered as I realised she was right. That's one of the reasons I haven't been hired yet as I didn't have any experience. I high fived Nova for the pep talk then took a sip of my drink.

"Hmmm..." I felt the bubbles explode on my tongue. "That is some good stuff right there."

"Should be." Nova leaned in to whisper a secret to me. "I stole it from work!"

"Nova!" I gasped then gave her a conspirator wink. "Do you think you could get any more?"

She shakes her head at me giving me a little smile. "I am not going to get fired for you."

Nova worked at one of the classier restaurants in L.A that deals with up market cuisines for a lot of celebrities. Nova was working as an intern for one of the top chefs in America. After a year of working dead end jobs she managed to get a job at Boulevard. Where the rich and famous come to dine.

Anyone who is anyone dines at that place. For a nobody like me the waiting list is nearly six months long.

"Don't you have work today?" Nova asked as she made her way to the kitchen to clean away the broken glass.

I looked up at the clock on the wall. "Damn!" I cursed to the sound of Nova's laughter. I rushed to my room which was the last door down the hall. It was the smallest room in the flat however to me it was practically huge. Growing up in a three bed semi detached house with my sister and mother. Space was tight. To me this was a dream. When we first got her Lexi already allocated her self to the master bedroom with the en suite. We let her have it after all this is her fathers place.

Me and Nova bedroom were next to each other so as a consequence we had to share the connecting bathroom. Being close friends as we were we wasn't bothered by this. It just made us the tiny bit closer.

I went to the wardrobe to take out my work uniform. I work in the local dive bar near UCLA. The uniform mainly consists of a short midriff t shirt and black hot pants. However I choose to ditch the Hot pant and wear leggings instead. The outfit still clings to my body in a way that men would consider sexy so management got no cause to complain.

I grabbed my purse and sneakers before leaving the Apartment. It was only a ten minute walk to the Tiki bar and grill.

"You're late!" Thomas stated as he breezed past me in the bar with plates full of food.

"Hey." I gave a wave to James behind the bar. He took a moment from shaking a cocktail to give me the finger. A little sigh escaped my lips. He still hasn't forgiven me.

I put my bag and jacket in the staff room which was located next to the managers office. The door was closed as I made my way back onto the bar floor. Which I was grateful for I was not in the mood for my manager right now.

"Hey!" Samantha said coming beside me as I took out my notepad. Ready to take some tables orders. "How come your late?"

"My agent called to tell me that I was on TV." I couldn't contain my glee I was bursting with happiness. "I just had to see it. Unlike the other production I done. They didn't cut all my lines. I had at least five minutes air time."

"That is so amazing." Sam pulled me into a fierce hug. "Just make sure you remember me when you make it big in Hollywood."

I felt my cheeks heat up in a blush. "I think I may be pass that now. I'm too old."

"Nonsense. Helen Mirren and Goldie Hawn are still around." Sam tried to reason.

"You compared me to those pensioners?" I said jokingly.

"Get back to work and stop gossiping!" Thomas ordered as he he walked past us to the managers office.

"That man is getting too big for his boots." Sam commented as she gave him a dirty look.

I nodded in agreement as I tied up my dark hair into a bun on top of my head.

Work was busier than normal as it was May so a lot of tourist was in the city. Being a Waitress a the Tiki Bar was hard work. We had to take the orders to the kitchen and to the bar. Wait for the drinks and food. As well as cleaning up our work spaces getting them ready for the new patrons. All this we do and we barely make a living. Yet the boss is raking it in.

I sighed as I finished shift putting on my Jacket. I definitely need a new job. The outside cold air felt good on my heated skin. I leaned my head back to put my face up looking at the sky.

"I feel it too baby girl." Samantha took out a cigarette to light it up. "We both are meant for more potential."

"Than this hellish place?" I turned round to look at her.

Sam puffed out some smoke before responding. "I been here for three years. I'm turning thirty next week. Don't let life pass you by. I'm looking for a job back in Texas. It's time I went back home. Hollywood is not for me." She let out a long drag the stomped out the butt on the floor.

"I know. I been working here since I got to Hollywood. Just one more year. Then I be heading home too. I promise." I squeezed her hand.

"Don't get caught up in the dream." She advised as she walked away into the night.

"Don't get caught up in the dream." I whispered to myself as I drew my jacket closer around me. I managed to dodge past the new customers that was coming into the bar. The time was late so most of them come for the music and dancing than the food.

I hate working nights. That is when the weirdos turn up. When I got back to my flat i was Tired and hungry. I kicked off my shoes as soon as I entered the apartment.

Home sweet home. One more year. I said to myself like some sort of mantra. I walked further into the living room to see my roommates blonde hair in a I just got out of bed style sitting on the couch with a man. I walked around so not to disturb them.

"Kat?" Lexi said from the couch. "Donny came by to say Hi."

"Donny?" I squealed then ran to the couch to jump in his arms. Kissing him along the neck, face and then lips. "I missed you so much." I leaned back to look at him." Why are your clothes so messed up?"

"I just came here straight away from the airport." Donny Said flustered using his hand to drag through his hair. "I thought you would of been happy to see me." He moved as if he was trying to take me off his lap.

I gripped his sides harder. "No, no baby. I just had a stressful day at work." I explained. "Are you staying here tonight." I let my hand roam up under his mis buttoned shirt.

He looked awkwardly at Lexi who was shooting me daggers. Not my fault she doesn't have a boyfriend. Since we got here she been dating but nothing serious.

"Don't mind Lexi. Her bedroom is down the corridor she won't hear a thing" I gave him a seductive smile purposely annoying Lexi. I knew Donny was her friend first she introduced us.

"Next time Kat. I need to see my parents to discuss business." Donny plucked me from his lap to the empty place beside him. Gave Lexi a nod then left.

"Ohh." Lexi licked her finger then placed it on her ass. "You got burned." She laughed as she walked back into her palace of a bedroom.

I growled at her departing back. One day that bitch is going to get what is coming to her.

"Hmmm.." I was tapping the pen against my mouth as I was thinking of a concept for Sam thirtieth birthday next month. Work was kind of slow this morning. Only a couple of patrons but they sat on the other side of the room the Natalie was looking after.

"What the problem?" Max leaned over the bar to ask me. He was the daytime bartender. "When you have a pen that close to those lips only mean one thing." He gave me a wink.

"Sam is one of my best friends and I have been put in charge of hosting her birthday party I just do not know what to do."

I admitted.

"Just hire a club. Invite her friends and that should be it." Max said simply. "You girls always have to make things complicated. With things like themes and dresses."

"Ha ha ha. I know you love those Hollywood parties and don't lie." I pointed at him.

Max held his hands up. "Okay. Okay. I do love them but hey they are free. You however can not afford one like that."

The laughter died from my lips as I realized that what he was saying was the truth.

"Kat!" Thomas the would be manager called from the door way. "Managers office now!"

"Your in trouble?" Max asked as he made himself busy just incase Thomas choose to make another appearance.

"I do not know what the hell is going on." I said distantly as I walked into the managers office. Thomas was not alone. John was with him. The owner of the Tiki bar. They gestured for me to sit on the leather chair opposite the desk.

"Kat." John began. "It has been brought to our attention that certain activities have been going on at this establishment."

My eyebrows rose at that statement. I did not have a clue what he was going on about. "This bar would not be known for drugs." He said firmly looking at me intently. I remained silent unsure of what he wanted me to say.

John pulled my bag out from under the desk to empty the contents out. A white plastic bag filled with green appeared

"That is not mine!" I pointed to the drug bag that he lifted from my bag.

"Not yours?" Thomas sneered. "We got a tip that you were selling I didn't want to believe it till I saw it in your bag."

John held up his hand to stop Thomas and his tirade. "Kat. You have been with us for a long time. So I will not be calling the police. I would suggest that you leave this place straight away and we will transfer your paycheck by bank transfer at the end of the week."

"But I did Not" i began. I am not a drug dealer.

"I do not care for explanations." John stated as he packed back up my bag. "Please leave."

I felt like a criminal as I as escorted from the building. Dumped on the doorstep like an abandoned pet. I felt isolated as I looked around at people passing me by. As it they were looking at me cause they knew the reason why I was fired.

I was alone in L.A with no job and no money. What the hell am I going to do now.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

230K 5.3K 27
"I can't just be your mistress anymore, I have feelings that I know you will never understand." She turns and buries her face into her hands. Arms r...
3.8K 185 21
Elizabeth Taylor is not fabulous, she works hard as a bartender at night, saves money as best she can, and is struggling to help her ageing father pa...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
1.5K 27 10
After losing her mother, Lydia's father takes a big step just to pay off his debt putting Lydia's life at risk. But tables turn and Lydia is saved by...