Escape [Sasuke Uchiha]

By phyxillie

"You're the only annoying person whose company I can really tolerate," confessed Sasuke. I rolled my eyes bu... More

Chapter 01: Heavy Heart
Chapter 02: Dicey Duel
Chapter 03: Last One Standing
Chapter 04: Shocking News
Chapter 05: Enraged
Chapter 06: My Dear Sister
Chapter 07: Ninjas From The Sand
Chapter 08: His Presence
Chapter 09: Sudden Confession
Chapter 10: Rock Lee
Chapter 11: The Twelve Rookies Have Assembled
Chapter 12: The Written Test
Chapter 13: The Tenth Question
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Second Exam
Chapter 16: The Softest Gaze
Chapter 17: Love At First Sight
Chapter 18: Make It Fair
Chapter 19: I Am His To Fight
Chapter 20: The True Purpose
Chapter 21: The First Match
Chapter 22: One Step Closer
Chapter 23: Watch Me
Chapter 24: Match Ups
Chapter 25: Black Abyss
Chapter 26: The Unspoken Question
Chapter 28: He Was Here
Chapter 29: My Safe Haven
Chapter 30: Enthralling Beauty
Chapter 31: The Final Exam
Chapter 32: The Battle For Family Honor
Chapter 33: Especially You
Chapter 34: The Long-Awaited Match
Chapter 35: The Invasion
Chapter 36: The Opposite Meaning
Chapter 37: His Humble Abode
Chapter 38: On One Condition
Chapter 39: Queen of the Night
Chapter 40: His Answer
Chapter 41: Her Feelings
Chapter 42: The Promise
Chapter 43: The Looming Danger
Chapter 44: Itachi And Kisame
Chapter 45: Naruto's Reassurance
Chapter 46: Two Things
Chapter 47: His Wish
Chapter 48: The Change
Chapter 49: Showdown
Chapter 50: Back To Normal
Chapter 51: Sasuke Retrieval Team
Chapter 52: Not A Threat, But A Promise
Chapter 53: Escape
Chapter 54: Bad Ending
Chapter 55: The Aftermath
Sequel: Selfish Desire

Chapter 27: At His Mercy

12K 487 728
By phyxillie

[One week later...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

I hadn't seen Sasuke ever since that night. His unstated question had left me hanging almost all the time. Curiosity had almost consumed me and manipulated me to ask Shiori of Kakashi's and Sasuke's whereabouts. Since Shiori was a good friend of that masked ninja, she could have at least an inkling of where Sasuke trained at. Despite that, I managed to restrain myself from asking her. I thought it was better to leave the ravenette alone for the time being. I did not want to be an annoyance to Sasuke who was unmistakably concentrating on his training. Because of that, I decided to focus on my training with Kenzo as well.

I must say that the relationship between me and Kenzo had gone faintly better. I figured out that he was someone not to mess with so I complied every of his orders no matter how tough they were. He didn't rebuke me even once since that day he punched me. Nevertheless, he still kept his hostile attitude towards me.

After a small but obvious improvement in my taijutsu skills, Kenzo finally taught me on how to transmit chakra to my arrows in easier ways. I had to admit that I understood every word he uttered and in four days, I managed to transmit a few of my chakra to two arrows – one in each hand – at once, thanks to Kenzo's comprehensible instructions.

Kenzo kept giving me some archery lessons in which I enthusiastically welcomed with open arms due to my massive interest towards archery... until several days later.

"What are you two doing here...?" I queried, obviously baffled at the presences of two boys that stood before me. One was a head taller than me and the other one was around the same height as Shiori's.

Shiori, who had come to my usual training spot with the two boys, spoke up on behalf of them, "Well... Kakashi and I think it's better to test on what you have been training so far by dueling with one another. That's why Sasuke and Kakashi are here. I hope you don't mind about this sudden change of plan, ojisan."

"It's fine," Kenzo, who stood behind me, said in response, "I also want to see if this brat has actually listened to me since I started teaching her."

The moment I heard his last sentence, an angry vein bulged out quite visibly on my forehead while my eye twitched, plainly offended by his words. So... after all this time, he still thinks that I'm not listening to him?

Kakashi greeted with his eye closed into a smile, "I'm glad to see you again, Kenzo-san. It's been three months I haven't seen you."

"Likewise, Kakashi," Kenzo replied with his naturally gruff voice. Judging from his voice, I could tell that he was not smiling to the copycat ninja. I bet Kakashi had gotten used to it, though. He continued, "Shiori suddenly sent me an urgent letter stating that she needs my help. That's why I'm here. I have to cut short my traveling business because of this."

Shiori emitted an apologetic laugh, probably hoping that her uncle won't get mad at her for putting an abrupt halt to his travel. But still... I find it nice to know that a ruthless man like Kenzo has actually made an effort to help his niece. Although Kenzo tried not to show it to everyone, including his own niece, I could clearly see that Shiori has occupied a special spot in Kenzo's heart.

My teacher told me and Sasuke to be prepared for our upcoming short duel. That's when Kakashi interjected, "I want to know if it's okay to let them fight only by using hand-to-hand combat."

Does he mean by taijutsu combat?

Shiori and Kakashi sneaked glances at Kenzo who seemed to be contemplating my small form. It's like he was thinking if I can win against Sasuke with my limited taijutsu skills. After five seconds of pondering, he finally answered, "Fine. We'll see how it ends."

I sighed. I ended up handing all of my weapons to Shiori and Sasuke did the same to Kakashi. We then sauntered into the middle of this large clear field that was free of trees and any annoying obstacles.

We walked side-by-side when Sasuke asked with his onyx orbs glancing at me, "So that's your trainer? And the old man who punched you?"

I shrugged nonchalantly, "Yeah."

The two of us finally stood on our own spots with a safe distance placed in between us; our bodies faced each other and our eyes locked without blinking. The air was briskly filled by pugnacious vibe, which was radiated from our bodies and I was quite sure that Shiori, Kenzo, and Kakashi could feel it too.

The look in the Uchiha's eyes told me that he was secretly planning something. I bet that he was thinking of what kind of taijutsu moves he would use on me. Now that I think about it, I should start my strategy too.

"Get ready," Shiori, who now stood in between us, announced. Kakashi and Kenzo were seen sitting on the same branch of a tree, observing us from above. Upon hearing Shiori's words, Sasuke shifted his body position into a posture that told me that he will make the first move by bolting at me. Good then. I just have to wait for him to come at me and I'll try to dodge every attack he launches. Once I see an opening, I'll go straight for it!

It was then Shiori declared, "You may begin."

Just as I thought, Sasuke dashed posthaste at me with self-confidence shimmering in his eyes. But that's not the only thing that has caught my attention. It was his new speed. I was flabbergasted to see his excessive speed. It's like he has dramatically escalated his velocity this whole time!

I was stunned for a moment, but then quickly regained my focus and leapt backward to steer clear of Sasuke. However, it took him three seconds to have me in his arms' lengths. I was panicking when he reached me that quick, but I knew better than to let my opponent know that. That's right! I can dodge his attacks if I'm careful enough!

The ravenette began to launch his fists at me and I had to admit that I was struggling to elude every of them due to his tremendous speed. One thing that I realized while avoiding his hits was that Sasuke's current speed was still below Rock Lee's normal speed (when he still wears the weights on his ankles).

I also figured out the reason why his speed had grown incredibly faster than before. I told him that Rock Lee managed to land blows at Gaara by using his 'as-fast-as-lightning' speed and outran his sand. Kakashi had definitely told him that too and taught him on how to increase his velocity. He knew that that was one of the ways to successfully hit Gaara. This is why he's faster than usual!

Suddenly, I saw an opening where I can strike a hit on his abdomen. Without further ado, I swiftly charged my right fist in that area. However, I was too late... or in this case, Sasuke was too fast. Before I could slam my fist on his body, a large fist briskly blocked my view and headed straight for my stomach. The next thing I knew, a great pain began to surge throughout my body, starting from my stomach where he punched me.

Due to the strong impact, I was pushed backward with my feet glued to the ground, scraping it roughly which caused dusty smoke to appear. This time, the Uchiha did not go after me; instead, he stayed in his spot, smirking triumphantly and cockily at me.

I gritted my teeth in anger. My right hand had already placed on top of my stomach, softly pressing against the area he hit me. I grimaced when I felt another wave of pain. I was a little glad that Sasuke went easy on me. Yes, I noticed that. With a high speed like that, he could've swung his arm with huge force and threw a harder blow than this, but he held back. In spite of that, I was still upset that he was successful on hitting me.

"Ayuda," he called out, still with his lips stretched in an arrogant smirk, "that's one point for me."

I loudly emitted a 'tch' sound using my mouth. That's when an idea crossed my mind – I would have to rush towards him and try to hit him, but I quickly shoved that cheap idea out of my head. My specialty is more about dodging than attacking, so that is a bad idea. I have to stay calm. Stay calm, Ayuda. You almost got him back there. In fact, you would have hit him instead if it wasn't for his fist.

Once again, an idea sprung to my mind, but this one was different. And I liked it. I focused my gaze back on my rival who seemed to be waiting for my next move. I need to get him to attack me again like before...

"Hey, Sasuke," the corners of my lips curved upwards, pulling a self-confident smirk at him, "Is that all you've got? If that's that, then I'm afraid that Gaara will tear you apart in no time. Just like I told you... he is stronger than you. If you can't defeat Gaara, then how are you going to defeat him?"

As soon as I finished taunting him, his onyx orbs narrowed dangerously, evidently offended by what I said to him. He knew that I referred to Itachi on that last word. His big brother's name is a great push to call forth a furious Sasuke. That's it. That's the look I need. Now, come at me, Sasuke.

As if he heard my thoughts, he once again raced across the field to get me. I swear I could see a huge vein poked out of his two fists, making me mildly frightened at the idea of him hitting me. I bet he won't hold back on me this time.

Just like before, he finally caught on to me in three seconds. He once again threw his fists back and forth and I dodged all of them with all my best. My eyes were wildly scanning every direction to not miss out any secret attack.

My eyes widened at the sight of an opening right in front of me. It was just like before. All I have to do is swing my fist at his abdomen and... wait! What about...?!

As if on cue, his balled hand came rushing towards me; this time aiming for my cheek. I quickly brought my hand up and blocked his fist with my open palm. Before he could have the chance to withdraw his fist, I immediately held onto his big hand – with the same hand that I used to block his fist – in a vice-like grip, securing him tightly.

This is it! I promptly took this golden opportunity to bring forth my other free hand – which balled into a fist – throwing it at his vulnerable abdomen. Just like that, I succeeded to land a blow on that particular spot.

Sasuke ended up being pushed backward just like I did previously, but the distance of him being pushed rearward was shorter than mine and ended quickly. It means that the impact of my punch wasn't as strong as his. Despite that, I was proud that I got to strike him.

My rival tried to mask the pain on his face, probably not wanting to give me the satisfaction of seeing him suffer. But he should've known that it was useless. His eyes had already told me that he was in agony and that he tried too hard not to wince in front of me. I decided to have him taste his own medicine.

"Sasuke," I smirked, "One point for me now."

***

Third Person's P.O.V

Without letting anyone know that they were, in fact, exhausted, they carried on with their duel. They had been exchanging punches and kicks back and forth; their eyes were clouded with the same amount of stubbornness and the same intention to beat each other until one of them give up.

Kenzo, who was beginning to feel curious and baffled at their connection, inquired, "Why are they so competitive to each other?"

Kakashi heard his question crystal clear since he was sitting right beside him and he answered, "Because they are just like me and Guy – they are rivals. It started a long time ago when they were in the Ninja Academy. The two of them are two top strongest students in the academy and even though they have been put into different squads, they still continue being rivals up until now."

"Rivals, huh?" Kenzo watched intently when Sasuke succeeded in kicking Ayuda's side waist.

The two teens once again paused their match as they deeply took in their breaths, steadying their furious hearts. Their bodies glistened with fresh sweat. Plus, the backs of their clothes were markedly drenched with the same moisture. Their wet, dark hairs were glued to the sides of their faces. Nevertheless, their eyes were burning vehemently.

"Another point for me," Sasuke panted with his trademark Uchiha smirk, "I have nine points while yours seven. Just give up, Ayuda. We all know who is the strongest one here."

The purple-eyed girl merely responded with an angry, loud huff. She then changed her posture into one that told everyone that she was ready to fight for another round. She would not surrender that easily. She was undismayed by the fact that Sasuke has higher and stronger taijutsu skills than hers. But no matter what, she was determined to hit him and earn a point. She mused, 'I will prove him wrong.'

And the next round commenced with Ayuda making the first move. She started off very aggressively that Sasuke had to take steps backward. After a few moments of attacking and dodging, Ayuda reached her hand out to grasp his neck, startling the Uchiha. Once she seized his bare neck, she hurled him across the field and into the deeper forest area with ferocious strength. At this point, everyone knew that she was angry. And the anger added more fuel to her strength.

The ravenette was thrown into the forest in that instant, disappearing from Kakashi's, Shiori's, and Kenzo's eyesights. They then saw Ayuda zipped towards her opponent and into the same forest; she also receded from their views.

Kenzo stated the obvious, "They have vanished."

Shiori spun around and asked blankly, "Should I go and stop them?"

Her biological uncle shook his head, "No, they will be fine. If they are missing for more than five minutes, then we will check on them, so for now, let them be. We don't have to include ourselves in whatever their conflicts are."

Shiori silently sighed, "I suppose you're right, ojisan..."

***

Ayuda's P.O.V

We continued our fighting despite being in a new location and being surrounded by trees of different sizes. We were so focused on our battle. I bet that if Shiori persuades us to stop, I would still attack Sasuke no matter how convincing her words are. I was very desperate in beating Sasuke. I wanted to give him or show him evidence that I can win against him.

My thoughts were cut short when a hand firmly seized my right wrist. Before I could do anything, I was forcefully dragged by Sasuke to a particular direction. The next thing I knew, my back was slammed into a tree roughly and I yelped at the sudden collision.

The Uchiha had taken the spot before me, penetrating my bubble space, making me uncomfortable for being sandwiched in between a tree and him. Since he had already gripped my right wrist with his left hand, he proceeded to catch my other free hand. Unluckily for him, he failed because I hurriedly moved my hand away. With only my left hand, I pushed my palm against his hard chest to remove him off of me. He didn't budge at all. I felt like I was pushing a wall.

Sasuke took this moment to clutch my left wrist with his right hand. Now that he had both of my hands at his mercy, he brought them skyward and pinned them above my head. Then he darted his eyes back at me.

It was at this moment that I felt completely exposed and vulnerable. A hue of red spread throughout my cheeks, burning from embarrassment due to my shameful position. I irresolutely stared back into his eyes that seemed to look straight into my soul through my face. His lips curled into a smirk.

"I win," he declared; his breath fanning my face.

I began to struggle, "Not yet. This match isn't over!"

It seemed that my struggle did nothing but only having his grip on my wrists tightened even more, making me think if it is possible for him to break my wrists just like that.

"I told you... just give up already," he urged, "You have to realize that you are not really a good taijutsu person. You just started practicing taijutsu a week ago and you think that alone could defeat me, someone who practiced taijutsu since I was a kid? Don't get so overconfident, you moron."

I increased my effort in struggling by moving my legs around. I attempted to kick him where the sun doesn't shine, but he probably has predicted that cheap move because he instantly positioned his legs in between mine. Great. Just great.

I looked back up into his eyes. His face told me that he was expecting something to happen. It's like he expects me to say 'I give up'. Does he really think that I am the type to easily surrender to my enemy? But then again, I have to admit that I am absolutely helpless in this current position.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance once I found out that I couldn't escape. And I couldn't take it anymore. He held me in this degrading position and I felt so exposed to him.

I was at his mercy.

"Fine," I finally uttered the words he so desired to hear, "Y-you win."

His smirk was stretched wider than before and I had to take my eyes away from that overweening face. Don't worry, Ayuda. Just relax. He may be stronger than you in taijutsu field, but if you have your bow and arrows, you will poison him, stab him, and blast him off into pieces till he sees rainbows and unicorns in his dream when he passes out. Yes, that's it. Don't let down yourself.

I gazed back into his eyes when I still felt his hands around my wrists. Like, he should have released me now that I have given up?

Our eyes locked that instant. I couldn't read his face. He had an emotionless look written all over his face, but his eyes told different things. Just like that one time after he escorted me to my house, he stared at me with a pair of gentle eyes. There was no hatred, no hostility, no resentment. There was no negative feeling dancing in his eyes. Because of that, I found myself returning the same soft look as well.

His onyx orbs flickered down to my slightly parted lips. Intense heat began to fly over my face. Why is he...?

This seemed like he was answering my unfinished question because he then leaned closer to my face. Wha-wha-what?! Is he...! Is he... doing what I think he is doing?!

His onyx spheres looked fixedly at mine as if asking for permission. Despite that, he continued to bring his face closer to mine. After getting my head around this sudden turn of events, I once again found myself eager to connect my lips with his. I was definitely new to this stuff, but I didn't care. I did not pull my head away, showing that I was welcoming and inviting him closer.

The closer his face to mine, the more I felt warmth coming at my florid visage. He was the one that exuded such soothing heat.

When his lips were three inches away from mine, I closed my eyes and waited for that feeling to come.

That's when I became conscious of the fact that the warmth... I mean, his warmth, were inching away from me. Curious about what happened, I opened my eyes and looked. His face was now on the previous spot (that spot before he leaned into my face). He had his face turned aside, obviously avoiding to look directly at my face.

He was glowering. The hatred. The vengeance. The abomination. Nearly all negative feelings flooded back into his eyes.

"Sasuke?" I called worriedly. My eyebrows compressed to display a concerned look on my features.

Without even glancing at me, he removed his hands from my skin. He then spun around and strode off to a certain direction. All he said was, "Let's go. They are waiting for us."

I was not the type to ask questions to people who are in an unpleasant mood, so when he told me to follow him, I obeyed wordlessly. Despite that, I was still discombobulated. I felt embarrassed, too. I opened up to him. I prepared myself. I even shut my eyes closed. I was ready! We started off well, and ended that bad all of a sudden? Why? He was the one who started the whole thing, so why...? Why did he draw back?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 445 12
[dropped] ┊⁀➷ Sakura Haruno x Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha " when god decides to fuck with someone , he goes all out " ...
2.9K 145 28
Sasuke is known to be the loner, the nerd that no one hangs out with, the one who gets bullied, the one who is barely acknowledged. But sasuke doesn'...
5.7K 222 14
Remember, if you don't like my shipping opinion, please don't read it. I don't want any argument or hate comments. Thank you for your kindness! Highs...
75.3K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...