Be with Me

By sgrosie

Ever since she could remember, Maya Connors has always been the smart, shy girl that sat at the back of the c... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
Bonus chapter
NOTHING BUT MEMORIES

Chapter 27

8.4K 163 42
By sgrosie

Chapter 27

Maya's P.O.V

Instead of doing the usual studying, I spent all weekend too busy being angry at Ethan to do anything productive.

When I wasn't thinking about being angry about Ethan, I was busy missing him.

If it was a few months ago, I would be fine not texting Ethan for weeks on end. Actually, we didn't even text for seventeen years until months ago.

Now, he was a big part of my daily routine. Whether it was the weekdays or weekends, receiving a message from him always made me happier.

Not to say that he didn't send me any texts over the weekend, because he did. A lot actually.

He sent me hundreds of texts saying he was sorry and that he wasn't going to go to Celine's house anymore, and it took me all I had to ignore every single one of them. I made sure to read his texts to show him that I've seen his messages but do not want to reply.

Yes, I am at that level of petty.

Maybe I went a little overboard but he needed to know that I didn't like it when he went to another girl's house. Okay, it was to do their project, but still, there are plenty of other places to do it.

Like their history classroom, the library, drama room, or heck, you can even practice a play in the parking lot.

To say that I disliked Celine was an understatement. I absolutely despised her. Just because my boyfriend was good looking, doesn't give her the right to flirt with him.

Ever since she asked me to introduce her to Ethan, I've always kept a close eye on her. She didn't know that I was dating Ethan at the time, but I made sure that she does now.

Every time I was with Ethan and she was around or insight, I'd make sure to place a slow, lengthy, and passionate kiss on Ethan's soft lips to show her that we were in fact dating and not best friends. I repeat, NOT best friends.

The first time she saw us kiss, I could see the horror on her face as she presumably realized that she had told Ethan's girlfriend to introduce him to another girl. It's safe to say she hasn't uttered a single word to me since and always tried to sit far away from me in class.

I took out my phone as it rang with Leah's name appearing on the screen.

"Girl, I'm five minutes away!" Leah hollers through the phone.

She didn't give me a chance to reply before ending the call abruptly. I finish applying some lipstick, placing it back to my purse, running my fingers through my hair as I head down the stairs.

The moment I step outside the house, I feel the warmth of the sun beating down on my legs. Mentally congratulating myself for picking a light outfit today or else I'd be drowning in sweat, I wait for Leah's arrival.

It didn't take long, probably a few minutes, before her car enters my view. Getting on the car, a feeling of excitement builds inside my stomach as my best friend and I plan on spending the entire day looking for prom dresses.

Prom was more than a month away, but knowing Leah, she was always excited when it came down to big events like prom. Not to mention this was our senior prom, so she was determined to make sure that everything was perfect.

"Are you still mad at Ethan?" She asked as she pulls onto the main road.

"No, but he still needs to learn his lesson."

Leah took her eyes off the road quickly and turns over to look at me with amusement in her eyes. "And what exactly is his lesson?"

"That he shouldn't go over any girl's house that isn't me."

I can practically hear her roll her eyes. "Girl, you are crazy jealous."

"It's not my fault," I retort, "if she didn't look like that, I wouldn't have acted the way I am now!"

Laughing, she agrees. "If it was Connor, I would have chopped his balls off already."

"Okay, no. That's way too graphic!" I said, shaking my head.

Leah shrugs. "That's just how I roll."

I hate to admit, but was I overly jealous?

What if Ethan found my jealousy a turn-off and decides that he wants nothing to do with me?

She drove us to the mall and we decided to have lunch first before doing the vigorous task of finding the perfect prom dress.

I could tell she was excited by the way she was smiling like a creep as she takes a seat across from me. The waiter showed us to our seats and handed us the menu. The food came quicker than I expected, which was great because I was starving.

"To guys being stupid and finding the perfect prom dress," Leah toasted, holding her glass of sparkling water.

"To guys being stupid and finding the perfect dress," I said between giggles.

"You know, I feel bad. I've probably been torturing him by not replying to his text messages for the whole weekend," I said.

"Honey, sometimes you have to do that so he stops being stupid."

"I'm not entirely sure what he did was a crime, I mean they were working on their school project. It's not like they were sleeping together or something."

"Obviously, have you seen the guy?" she takes a bite of her food, "he's so obsessed with you I think he needs his own episode on my strange addiction."

I try not to laugh but I couldn't help it, a burst of loud laughter escapes from lips and my face heats up.

"Should I surprise him tomorrow morning at school with a muffin or something?"

A smirk appeared on Leah's face. "You know what's a better idea?"

"What?"

"You go to his house tonight and surprise him."

For a split second, I consider refusing her idea but it was a good idea. It was different, unexpected.

He always pulled romantic gestures for me and make me feel like a princess yet I can never do anything to surprise him.

After all this time, I realized that I haven't done anything grand for him yet.

She stared me down, waiting for me to crack while I sat and thought for a while. Eventually, I gave in and agreed to her idea.

"Alright, I'll do it tonight."

"Besides," she said more calmly, "I'm pretty sure he's more hungry for you than a muffin."

"Leah!"

"What?" She shrugs, covering her mouth with her hands while she chews, "he looks at you the way I look at grilled cheese sandwiches. Like he wants to devour you in seconds."

"Did you just compare me to grilled cheese?" I laughed lightly, taking a bite of my salad.

"Yup" she manages to say, this time covering her mouth with a napkin to keep the food from falling out. She enjoyed eating in big mouthfuls because it's what people in Mukbang do, and she was absolutely obsessed with watching those videos.

After another thirty minutes or so, we managed to finish lunch without Leah making another inappropriate comment like how she'd cut off Connor's balls or that Ẽthan wants to eat me like a chocolate muffin.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" She said, eagerly. This was what she's been waiting for this entire time. I think she ate so much so she could have the energy to shop.

The first store we went to was Macy's. It was our go-to store because it had basically everything in there. Currently, Miley Cyrus is blasting from the store speakers, and Leah is singing along loudly with the music.

"Can you be any louder?" I joked.

She scoffs. "Nothing can get in the way of me and my queen, Miley."

As we split apart to look for dresses, I already have a clear idea of what I'm going to wear. A floor-length dress that hugs my curves, hopefully leaving my prom date - Ethan- breathless. Presumably something with a side slit to show off my legs and an open back.

"What color are you planning to wear?" I asked, whipping my head around to see Leah with a pile of dresses on her arm.

"I'm going for the classic black," she smiles as I watch her turn to the next aisle, "what about you?"

"Red," I tell her.

"That's hot," she winked.

While Leah was finding a bunch of dresses to try on, I was pacing back and forth through aisles and aisles of dresses, not finding a single one that I liked.

Thirty minutes turned to an hour and Leah was in the dressing room trying on her endless selection of dresses while I was still roaming around the store like a headless chicken. I was starting to feel an anxious feeling wash over me, worrying that I wouldn't end up finding my perfect dress.

Leah finally comes out after a good twenty minutes later, and I almost didn't recognize her. Her hair that she always tied up was now cascading down to her waist, slightly curled because of how much she rolled her hair up into a bun.

As she makes her way to the mirror, her smile is extra wide knowing she found the perfect dress. I rise from the chair and pull her into a hug instantly.

"This is definitely the one," I said.

She gushes, her cheeks turning a little rosy. "Right? I think so too."

"You look so good."

"Have you found a dress yet?" she asked.

I shook my head. "None that I like here."

"It's alright, still got a month left for you to find your dress."

I really hope so too.

- - -
A filler chapter...but don't worry, things are about to get interesting!

Also, Happy New Years everyone! Wish you all the best for this upcoming year ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
1.7K 196 44
Having a big fat crush on two of the best looking guys in school, at different times of course, no issues. After passing out no contact with them, no...
73.5K 1.3K 53
"You have 2 months to get a girl to fall in love you, then break up with her and you'll get your money." What started out to be a bet with his frien...
223K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...