Beauty and the Beast | Embry...

By -hopscotch

❝Nothing was supposed to turn out this way! This was never meant to happen.❞ ❝Breathe. Don't lose focus, take... More

zero
playlist
epigraph
prologue
un
deux
trois
cinq
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix
onze
douze
treize
quatorze

quatre

9.3K 334 49
By -hopscotch

Moving giant logs was incredibly easy- she had one placed over each shoulder as she bounced around the Cullen's back yard behind Rose and Emmett, each carrying a log each. She knew they could carry more, but she figured they didn't want to.

Reyna enjoyed helping, enjoyed being able to bounce around behind the others helping as much as she could. She was incredibly swift and to the point with her work, easily understanding Alice's vision and goals for the wedding.

She believed that Bella deserved the most extraordinary union in her life. The human believed that marriage was nothing more than a slip of paper but she viewed I as much more; it was a demonstration, a vow in front of a of the people that are most important to you that you love this one person enough to spend your forever with them.

Isabella wanted to transform herself into one of the pale skinned vampires that lived in the house, and Reyna would be damned if the girl didn't remember this moment for the rest of her eternal life.

It was more than pretty lights and expensive decorations, it was the pieces that led up to an unforgettable moment of time.

While Alice berated the couple ahead of her for lack of imagination, the newest vampire found it easy to drop the tree trunk to the side of the aisle gently, marking a pretty path. Flats stuck to her feet as she danced around the vampires that lingered, she skipped around them, her eyes a deep amber as she neared a week on animal blood.

She had marked it down on the calendar, the approximate time when her crimson eyes would fade to a glimmering topaz. It was a day she anticipated, when she could go to the border where she could finally greet the creatures that resided on the other side- wolf's as Carlisle had explained to her.

It was a shock, though she felt quite silly one realizing that they looked like wolves. Tall animals with deadly teeth that could cut through her stone like flesh and tare her apart- though she didn't care much for that. Reyna often found herself wondering what their fur felt like and how fast they were, how strong they could be in comparison to her.

She wanted to know them, run among them, and exist at their side but she had also been made aware that they hated her kind. Emmett and Rose had advised against pursuing a friendship with them, going as far as offering to take her away if it meant that she could keep her mind off it.

"I wish there was more I could do to help, Bells," Reyna called out to the girl that stood on the porch, a pair of white heels held in her hands. "I would have even thrown you a bachelorette party!"

Standing away from the steps, closer to the trees, Reyna felt the fire in her throat flaring with thirst at the indescribable scent of her friend. It caused her senses to hone in on the pump of blood that flushed through Bella's veins dangerously- taking every thing in her to keep away.

"That would have been awful," Bella countered, eyeing the vampire with a laugh. "You've done enough as it is, Rey, you're probably the only person keeping Alice from going crazy."

"She's been keeping me from going crazy," she called across the yard honestly. "She's been keeping me busy- focused enough for me to keep my head."

"You seem focused enough. You're doing very well," her friend insisted, moving closer to her.

Fear rose in her chest as the scent got stronger- enveloping her and sending a fire down her throat. Reyna backed away quickly- strengthened speed sending her back many feet in a matter of seconds. She could feel her eyes growing darker, snarls growing in her chest as she fought against her instincts to attack.

It was as though Jasper was aware of her struggle, the man appearing at her side and grabbing her by the arms before she could protest. She felt angry at the way he handled her as if she was nothing- her skin growing transparent the longer he held onto her.

Rose appeared in front of her, mumbling reassuring words while Emmett replaced Jasper- an arm draped around her shoulders as he dragged her into the trees.

"If he was closer, I'd slap him in the throat," Reyna snarled- lips curling to expose gleaming teeth.

"I'm sure you would," Emmett cooed at her, patting her head teasingly. "Let's go and see what we can catch you."

"Do you think they'll let me bake something? I was the last person to actually eat food around here so do you think they'll let me help?" Reyna rambled along, a smile planted lightly on her lips.

Behind her she dragged one of the large animals that she had caught on her excursion out with the couple. It was giant, bigger than the one that Emmett had caught and at east twice her size. She taken it down easily, tackling it down and sinking her teeth through the layer of fur, fat, and muscle- draining it dry without a drop to spare.

It had been the first time she had fed cleanly and without mess, something that shocked her immensely. Rose had been the one to suggest it- surprisingly- that they take it back and skin it. Thinking back to it now, she realized that she would need to dispose of the leftover parts.

"I don't see why they wouldn't," Emmett told her. "Other than Esme being furious that you dragged a bear all the way home."

"I think she'll be proud actually," she argued. "Look at this thing! Bigger than anything you've caught for sure!"

"Why does everything have to be a competition with you guys?" Alice's voice echoed around the trees as they neared the house- the annoyance of the tiny girl apparent.

Mocking he psychic under her breath, Reyna lifted the large bear onto her shoulders and darted towards garage where she hid from an angry Alice. Carlisle was waiting for her, a smile on his face as he motioned for her to hand the animal over, telling her that he would fix it up for her.

Uttering continuous thanks, Reyna took a boiling shower to clean herself of the scent of earth and nature. The water was hot, but not hot enough. She wanted to scorch her skin- to burn away the cold that stung her soul and blanketed her existence.

Steam spread around her, trapping her in her own world away from the others in the house. She could still hear them perfectly clear- still know that they were nearby but she had no concerns on what they thought of her at the moment.

Being the newest to change, Reyna felt as though she clung to simple human tasks more so than the others, the same way they clung to their humanity in the beginning. She wanted to be human, to have her life back but she wouldn't dwell on it longer than she felt necessary. She would mourn the life she could have had but then move on and accept that she couldn't go back.

Not all monsters do monstrous things- and she did not plan on being a vengeful, evil creature.

Turning off the water, Reyna covered herself and sped to her room- leaving the door open behind her. She dressed in a flash then sat patiently waiting for Rose who she knew would want to come braid her hair. Alice would be up as well to recruit her as well for last minute decorating.

She wore simple clothes- leggings and a large shirt that belonged to one of the boys. She wanted to be comfortable, to not have to worry about feeling the constant scratch of fabric against her pale skin. Something she still had to get use to.

"Emmett needs help putting up fairy lights- as soon as you finish that you can help in the kitchen, we'll definitely need it," Alice told her, coming into the room with a simple drawing of what the lights should look like. Rosalie entered behind her- quickly pulling Reyna's hair back into a braid.

"Shouldn't the lights have been up already?" she asked as she eyed the paper.

"Didn't want to risk them being rained on," was Alice's short reply, the girl leaving to deal with something else.

Huffing, Reyna looked out of her window that- seeing Emmett try to hang the fragile string of lights made her cringe at his lack of care and precision. His large body bent the trees out of shape and he looked incredibly frustrated.

Waiting for Rose to finish patiently, Reyna easily launched herself out the window to help after placing a swift kiss to her cheek.

Hiding away in Carlisle's office, she listened to everything that transpired around her while she was sat in a pile of books. She had been upstairs reading all day since she had returned from a quick snack before the guest arrived.

Th chattering of the people and the scent of their blood caused her to hold her breath as she distracted herself with notes and words that threw her into a world of knowledge- one where she taught herself about the basics of architecture.

She planned to build a house one day- one that rivaled every other home the Cullen's had lived in. She figured she had all the time in the world to design houses for as may people as possible- though she would never have her name under the structure of looming buildings or skyscrapers as she once wished.

From her spot on the floor, she could hear some of her old friends complaining- Jessica no doubt hated that she wasn't the center of attention as usual, and the sweet Angela scolding her easily. She wished to be down there, enjoying the event with them and eating all the deserts that he had made the night before.

The toasts were long- some lagging on forever, while others were quick and adorable. Reyna had written a speech for the evening, giving it to Rose so she cold hand it to the couple when the time came. It wasn't much because she was aware that she wasn't the best when it came to words, though it spoke from the heart. It was simple, something that stated how much she valued their friendship and how she wished them the best.

As the party grew on, she found everything blurring into the same and her throat started to ache as the scents creeped around her. Small cries and grunts left her as she attempted to keep control- her hands held out to hold a forcefield. It wavered as if it had a glitch but was enough for her to block out the smells.

In her state, she heard raised voices coming from the side of the house- angry shouts and growls as people argued. She jolted to her feet as she heard Bella's frantic voice mumbling incoherently. It was surprisingly easy for her to get to her friend's side without being seen.

With her jaw locked, she placed a hand on the boys muscled shoulder- shock twirled in her briefly as she recognised Jacob Black, his angry scowl doing little to deter her as she placed herself in between the pair.

"Get back to your party Bells," she choked. "You look beautiful by the way, it was a wonderful ceremony."

"She's not going anywhere," the boy hissed, forcibly grabbing Reyna and pulling on her. A snarl poured from her mouth as he moved her around- anger shining through as she watched him shake. Edward appeared at her side, a firm hand holding her steady.

"Jake, calm down," a boy spoke rapidly as he pulled Jacob towards the trees. "You don't want to do this here."

Jacob fought against the boy and pushing him to the ground. Reyna lurched forward, fury lashing against her. From the trees stepped a tall man with the same russet skin accompanied by some of the wolves- a familiar brown one and a leek gray wolf with spots.

Reyna felt herself deflate at the sight of him- the wolf was different from the others, much more beautiful, regal even.

She was tackled to the ground, a golden-brown wolf crashing into her. it pressed her to the ground, snapping at her face she could recognize Jacobs brown eyes. Her red eyes turned a dangerous black as his blood rushed in her ears.

Holding his throat by the fur, she struggled to keep him from biting her and in a panic, she turned invisible. He stilled and using it to her advantage, she wedges a foot beneath him and launched his body into a tree.

"Don't touch me," she hissed once she stood up, her body crouched down defensively in front of the newly weds. Bella place a hand on her back, the warmth pulling her anger back.

"Jacob, calm down," the man from the trees shouted. The boy shifted back, his body still shaking and Reyna speedily averted her eyes.

"He'll kill her, Sam" the boy argued, she felt his glare on her skin.

"She's not our responsibility anymore," Sam countered.

"The treaty says-"

"I say, Jacob. I say."

Jacob shook, body shifting and he lunged at Sam. The other wolfs stood straighter, the grey one nearly meeting Jacob. Reyna's hands shot out, a forcefield placing itself in front of the reckless wolf and the angry one.

"Don't," She hissed, body pulling her to protect the grey shifter at all costs.

Jacob crashed into the wall, cracks appearing in it from the force of impact. He staggered, dazed and confused. A smile fought its way to her face as he seemed confused, body turning to her with an angry scowl, and he came at her again.

The first shield fell and she threw up a new one in front of herself and the couple. Her grey wolf moved for Jacob, slamming him into the ground and they clawed and bit at each other. Sharp teeth pulled at fur and paws slammed into muzzles.

Sam was shouting for them to stop, to calm down but it seemed as though he was speaking at the end of a long tunnel, his voice echoed and distorted as she watched a red drop fall to the floor.

Her nostrils flared- the scent hypnotizing. Fire burned through her as she sucked in a sharp breath, the blood singing to her.

Reyna rushed towards the grey wolf- conflicted as she wanted to taste him and protect him. Strong arms wrapped around her, restraining her as she thrashed around, her chest heaving savagely and furious shouts passing her lips.

"Jacob, Seth! Embry!" Sam's tone was authoritative. "Get out of here now."

The wolf looked back at her with a blank gaze as Reyna was dragged away to the cover of the trees on the other side.

•••••

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad

Ew but wtvs

Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 12.6K 40
'𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪 𝘥𝘰. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪�...
85.3K 1.7K 14
"Lots of lives are gonna be lost, and I don't want one to be yours." "I would rather die trying than let innocent people suffer because we didn't he...
99.9K 1.2K 52
Will Include: Jacob Black Seth Clearwater Embry Call Quil Ateara Jared Cameron Paul Lahote Sam Uley Leah Clearwater Edward Cullen Emmett Cullen Jasp...
769K 19.8K 71
"ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴄʟᴀᴡs, ᴏʀ ɢʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴏʀ sᴜᴘᴇʀ sᴇɴsᴇs. ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ." ᴛᴡɪʟɪɢʜᴛ•ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ...