Scarred

By LetsBreatheWords_

#16 in Spiritual (12/3/17) Her heart was silently twisted and scarred, Her tongue was tied and lips were seal... More

Distorted Dreams
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Part I
Chapter 28 Part II
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 35
PART II
Chapter 37

Chapter 17

3.1K 217 237
By LetsBreatheWords_

"These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them." 

-Rumi    

Come home early tonight.

He exhaled the smoke of the cigarettes he had been smoking from last few hours, with his one hand holding cigarette and another in the pocket of his pants he was standing in front of the long windows of his office, looking at the sky where the crimson shade was merging with the hues of blue.

"Sir," he turned his head slightly motioning his assistant to continue.

"Mr. Kirmani is on the phone." Her nervousness made him nod his head, turning he motioned her to leave him alone and walking towards his desk he picked the call.

"Dad," his rough voice echoed across his room.

"You are still there."

"I am leaving in few minutes," he replied in clipped tone as he pressed the cigarette on the ash tray.

"Listen boy—"

"Your order was crystal clear to me in the morning don't bother repeating it." Without waiting for his father's remark he ended the call. Picking his coat and other belongings he made his way outside the room.

Pressing the button for the lift he took a step back, impatiently tapping his foot he was thinking of all the words he was going to say to Mishaal before leaving her tonight.

He was 24 when they met outside a bar, she was trying to win a bet and he was busy listening to his mother's call. Bet backfired on Mishaal and instead of passing by her Emaad stopped to her rescue but the girl with red haired  and stormy hazel eyes definitely did wonders to his heart, her fierce passion of winning life made him the man who loss his heart.

The first time he felt he deceived her was when he met Daniyah at his own home when he was leaving for dinners with his friends, it was a year after he met Mishaal, a year had passed of him knowing her and her becoming a major part of his life but the moment Emaad saw Daniyah standing under the shimmering light of the crystal chandelier he knew she was someone who could make his knees weak , her light brown hair and her rosy skin could make any man come to his knees, her bright light brown eyes and her heart shaped face would make anyone admit that she was exceptionally beautiful. But it was surely just a mere attraction which faded the minute he returned back to states.

Now, years later every passing minute for him was bringing the severe turmoil he was in that night, the difference was even after wanting to control his raging heart he couldn't, the girl who once created a storm in his heart had become a part of his life and the woman he lost his heart to was on the other side.

Sighing he massaged the bridge of his nose and got inside his car and ignited the engine, surely it was going to be a long night.

***

The sizzling and the rich aroma welcomed him as he entered the apartment and he could already decipher the argument which was waiting for him, his heavy steps were carrying the burden his father has thrust on him. Dropping his laptop bag by the door he slowly made his way inside and stopped as Mishaal emerged from the kitchen, dressed in one of his shirts and skinny jeans with her hair up in a bun she was hosting a welcoming smile.

"You are still late," she teasingly complained as she made her way towards him and stopped close enough that sweet and citrus smell of her fragrance enveloped his senses as she ran her hand across the soft texture of his shirt. Getting on her toes she softly pressed her lips to his dry ones.

"Get fresh," she whispered and then moved back with a grin.

He left the breath he was holding, he could feel the headache forming at the back of his head. Where this morning he left the home while discussing about welcoming their child, right now he was looking for words to tell her about his absence for another few days.

So, hours later after having dinner when the two of them were on bed with her back resting on his chest his arms were around her with his thumb tracing patterns on the back of her hand and one of Mishaal's favorite movies was playing on the laptop, Emaad sighed as he decided to tell her about him leaving. Kissing the side of her head he gained her attention.

"I need to discuss something," he quietly said as she hmmed in response. Taking a deep breath Emaad continued, "I have to leave tonight." He carefully said and shook his head as her body went stiff in his hold.

"What do you mean?" her eyes were still on the screen but her voice was bitter.

"Dad called—"

"So?"

"Love, you know I have to go back before he decide to come here himself. We don't need any trouble while the baby is just couple of weeks away." He replied running his hand through his hair.

"Exactly! The baby is due in few weeks and you are deciding to go back to her." Her voice held disgust and Emaad pulled his body up.

"I am not going back to her. I am just saving us from the trouble, Mishaal. I am here from last two days not even caring about my father's—"

"Your father this, your father that. I am tired of this, Emaad!" she moved away from him and got out of bed. Her body was shaking with anger and Emaad looked at her with clenched jaws.

"You need to calm down, Mishaal!"

"Don't tell me to calm down dammit!" her voice echoed across the room which made him close eyes.

"It's just for few days and anyways Inarah is coming tomorrow morning—"

"Inarah is not the father of my child, Emaad, you are! If you leave today don't bother coming again." She replied as she moved forward.

"You are being irrational right now! Why don't you get it that just being here I am going to get you in trouble you can't even imagine—" his next word didn't even get out of his mouth as Mishaal stopped at the edge of the bed holding the footboard in her tight grip. Emaad pushed the covers away from his body as he jumped out of the bed and ran towards her. "Mishaal!" there was panic in his voice as he wrapped his arms around her and a sob escape her lips.

"It's hurting!" she winced in pain as he took her deadly cold hands, her eyes were tightly shut but tears were leaking from the sides.

"Shh." He kissed her temple as the anger in him was now replaced with worry, "we are going to the hospital don't worry!"

"Emaad, nothing should happen to my baby."

"I would never let anyone harm the two of you." His voice held the promise.

***

Another day passed as she sat in their bedroom, it had been more than forty eight hours that Emaad left and didn't even for once try to get back to her and in the disgusted way he left her didn't let Daniyah call him too. Taking a deep breath she picked the news paper which was placed beside the laptop on the bed and read the job advertisement which she had circled with blue ink earlier that morning.

She was never the one who backed down with someone's fear, so, she couldn't let it happen now.

Her finger slid across the tracking pad and she clicked on the chrome icon, her heart was speeding as she decided to take a step forward. As the page loaded Daniyah's mind was filled with all the daunting thoughts.

Closing her eyes she reminded herself of not letting her vulnerability clogging her path and another second Daniyah was sending the email for her job interview. That night she sat browsing different forums and website of firms across Lahore and sending her resumes. Fear of Emaad's anger was clouding her heart but the helplessness of living at his mercy was enough for her to stand and face his anger.

***

His hair a disheveled mess as he kept running his finger through them, rubbing his hands he was pacing in the spacious waiting room outside the Labor room, his eyes were continuously waiting for someone to give him any news about Mishaal or the baby, it had been over five hours and an hour ago they took her behind the doors. She was taken for surgery and since then his heart had been drumming in his chest. He just wanted the love of his life and his child safe.

"Emaad!" a foreign voice reached his ears and he turned, Mishaal's best friend was rushing towards him.

" Inarah, Thank God!" he sighed as she neared.

"Where is she?"

"Inside."

"What happened her due date—"

"We had an argument—"

"God dammit! You were a poison for her I knew it!" her voice boomed across the hall and Emaad shook his head. Before Inarah could pour down more of her hate the glass doors opened and a nurse walked out. Emaad's eyes just saw a green bundle in her arms and his heart skipped a beat. Inarah was already making her way forward but he was rooted to his place.

"Emaad," he heard Inarah's voice and walked towards them.

"How's my wife?" was the first word which came out of his mouth as he noticed that Inarah carefully took the baby in her arms.

"She is fine, Alhamdulillah! She would be shifted to the room in an hour." He gave a sigh of relief as the nurse left.

"Aren't you gonna look at him?" Emaad turned and bit his inner cheek as he moved forward; his hands were slightly shaking as Inarah placed the baby in his arms. The small and delicate body of his son was wrapped in green wrappings, his chubby cheeks were flushed and rosy, his eyes closed but his nose was just like his own, he wanted to see his eyes and whom did he resemble. Baby was a perfect combination of the parents. Emaad traced the soft texture of his baby's face with the pad of his fingers and after such a long time he could feel his nerves relaxing and he wanted to live in the moment as much as he can.

***

"He is going to be like me!" Emaad repeated the sentence for the thousand times to rile up Mishaal who was resting on the bed.

"And I hope not," she bitterly remarked and he chuckled again.

Late afternoon sunlight was entering the private room of the maternity ward. The couple was enjoying the privacy with their newborn; Emaad was sitting on the recliner adjacent to the bed with the baby in his arms while Mishaal had her eyes on the pair. The knock on the door disrupted their moment and Emaad stood up. Carefully placing the baby back in Mishaal's arm he turned towards the door.

"Your friend doesn't have any patience—"his words died in his throat as the door opened and he went cold on his place.

"You look surprised!" said words descended the silence across the room, Emaad's heart stopped in his ribcage as he looked at the man standing in front of him. "Aren't you going to let me in, Beta?"

"S..sure." he took a step back and Faisal Kirmani stepped in.

Mishaal whose eyes were wide, was looking at both the men standing in front of her; she hid her son from the gaze of the new presence. She could feel the hair at her neck prickling, just his presence, his sly smile and his emotionless eyes were enough for her to look at Emaad who himself was helplessly standing.

"Why are you both so quiet? Didn't like my presence here?"

"No, dad just surprised!" Emaad's word made his father smile.

"How could I miss such a great day of my son's life? Now I know Mishaal but show me my grandson." The word made both the parents forgot to breathe but composing himself Emaad moved towards Mishaal, he saw her shaking her head but pleading her with his eyes and passing a small smile he took the baby in his arms and turned towards his father.

Faisal Kirmani gracefully moved forward and extended his hands, Emaad carefully placed the baby in his arms all the while his eyes on his father's face.

"Your mother would love to be here," Emaad closed his eyes biting his lips, his father was stabbing him with words and he was just standing there.

"I wish I could have her around me now." He replied in the same sardonic tone and saw the smile on his father's face falter. "Only if would have been possible."

"What name have you given him?"

"We are still deciding."

"Zaviyar. Zaviyar Musa Kirmani." Faisal Kirmani replied and Emaad couldn't believe the words he heard not only did his father named his child but gave him the name of the family.

Spending few more minutes in the room Faisal Kirmani placed an envelope full of rupees on the quilt Zaviyar was and then decided to leave. Emaad silently followed his father and the duo quietly walked outside the maternity ward, the army of guards closely following behind.

Standing under the open sky his father asked the guards to give them some privacy.

"What are you doing here, dad?" words rushed out of Emaad's mouth as the guards went away.

"What do you think I am doing here?" Faisal Kirmani said with his hand behind his back. "Tonight I want you to return back."

Emaad gave out a humorless laugh and shook his head, "Only you dad, only you can play such a drama! It's impossible. Mishaal needs me right now! For heaven sake you just named my son—"

"So what? I have named hundred of kid of my workers—"

"But he is your grandson!" Emaad's was exasperated and now his father laughed.

"No, son he is the result of you entertainment—"

"Dad!" his voice boomed earning the glances and Faisal Kirmani took a step forward.

"Listen boy, my heir and my grandchild would be the kid you and Daniyah would give me and I want you to make that happen fast! I am here to tell you that I want this girl and her child gone by next month or else you know what I can do!"

"Mishaal and my son aren't going anywhere."

"Fine then I have to take some actions myself!"

"Like you did with the results of you entertainment." The words acted like a fuel to the fire, "After all I am your son—"

"Emaad!" his father hissed with fury, his face turning red with hands clenched in a fist and Emaad moved away.

"It's better you go dad." With the words said he turned to go inside.

***

Leaning on the wall his eyes were on the lush green garden of the hospital which was illuminated with the garden lights, the beautiful architecture of the building would gain everyone's attention except his, the sudden appearance of his father and then their conversation had left him in the foul mood.

"Inarah isn't here yet?" Emaad turned as he heard's Mishaal voice and composed himself.

"She would be here soon. You would be fine right? I can stay the night."

"No it's okay you should go. You need rest anyways." She gave a weak smile and it clenched his heart. He didn't have to tell her where he was going.

"I would be here early," he whispered as he got to the bed, sitting beside her he leaned in to kiss her forehead, resting his forehead against her they both relaxed when the door was knocked.

Giving important directions to Inarah, Emaad left the hospital.

He didn't know with what state of mind he was following the roads to his so-called home but he was rushing through the roads of the city.

The main gate opened second later he pressed the horn of the car and he smoothly drove inside, the turned off lights showed him that Daniyah might have slept but he was soon proved wrong when he heard another horn and her car came in. Emaad was baffled at the scene in front of him, it was almost midnight and Daniyah was out roaming in the city.

Her movement stopped as soon as she saw him standing at the porch, her heart sped up but taking a deep breath she opened the door and got out of the driving seat, turning to the back seat she took out her shopping bag and without looking at him she walked inside.

"Where were you?" his voice echoed across the living room where she dropped the bag on the couch. "I said where were you?" he yelled again but without responding Daniyah turned towards the kitchen.

"Answer me or I have ways –"

"Oh like forcing yourself upon me? Don't worry! I already know that." She remarked and turned to face him, with his chest heaving and his face turning red he was standing there, his hands curled up in a fist. Daniyah could feel herself recoiling but she wrapped her arms around herself squaring her shoulders.

Moving forward in few long strides he gripped her arms and their body collided, "where were you?" he hissed again and Daniyah looked into his eyes, his intimidating ones made her shrink but she swallowed the lump in her throats.

"Leave my arm," her defeated whisper broke the trance of his anger as his grip loosened.

Both of them were heaving, one with anger another with fear. She looked away as a tear escape her eyes but it wasn't missed by Emaad, closing his eyes he took a deep breath and looked at her again. All of a sudden he found himself in the living room of his house in Karachi four years ago, the difference was that day she was distance away and now by just raising his hands he could touch her and he did, raising his hands he pushed her hair away from her face and saw Daniyah shutting her eyes closely.

He was wrong when he thought she could make a man weak, she wasn't making him weak she was making him wild.

He took a step backward and Daniyah quickly turned towards the stairs. Standing alone he looked at her retreating figure when the phone in his pocked vibrated, with his eyes still on the stairs he took out his phone and unlocked it. A new message alert was on the screen but the sender's ID made him frown,

At least you two have one thing in common, you both find peace away from each other. Outside your home.

Emaad never felt the fire of anguish burning him the way it did at that exact moment.

-----

A.O.A

How are you people??

I can't believe I have finally updated this chapter, after being drowned in the sorrow of being hit by the train full of writer's block then crying and whining in front of the people who pulled me out of it I present you this chapter! I know it isn't the best but you can definitely ask Maaarukh and silent_ninja_tfios how much I annoyed them LOL XD

So in short fill the comment section with your feedback over this, even if you don't like it much and would love to see the story in certain way let me know. Your ideas are always appreciated! 

VOTE. COMMENT and SPREAD :*

Till the next time...

TC,

Zehra :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...
679K 36.9K 27
• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the mountains trembled at the sight in fron...
13.3K 997 14
Fariya Shafiq's life seems to have become a series of unfortunate events after a life riveting accident that took everything from her, leaving her pa...