My Mischievous Millionaire

By NJRyder

Ranked #19 in Chicklit. [18/03/2017] "Just remember who was with you all this time and who wasn't, Christoph... More

Authors Note: New Story!
Prologue: Part 1- A Brave Epiphany
Part 2- Hasty Encounters
Part 3- Rude Awakenings
Part 4- The Unexpected Offer
Part 5- Curiouser and Curiouser
Part 6- Alex In "Wonderland"
Part 7- The Side That Should've Been Explained
Part 8- The Unlikely Offer
Part 9- He said what?
Part 10- If You Can't Take The Heat, Stay Out Of The Kitchen
Part 11- First day of Work
Part 12- Satan, Is My Boss?
Part 13- She's Good At Her Job?
Part 14- The Girl In The Floral Print Dress
Part 15- The Intense Regret
Part 16- It Starts With Why
Part 17- The Flower Blooms
Part 18 - She's Mine
Part 19- I Don't Dance
Part 20- Is That A Cat On SnapChat?
Part 21 - Awkward.
Part 22- The Pika Pika Conundrum
Part 23- Exes And H-ohs
Part 24- Princess And The Pervert
Part 25- Watching The Beauty Tame The Beast
Part 26- Minor Confessions
Part 27- The Virgin Test
Part 28- The Little Visit
Part 29- Red Rose Hospital
Part 30- Solitude
Part 31- With Silence, Comes Sorrow
Part 33- Graduation Day
Part 34- Closure
Part 35- He's Everywhere
Part 36- Undoing
Part 37- Gone
Part 38- Sunday Mourning

Part 32- As Time Passed

4.2K 228 20
By NJRyder

I could never face her again, not after what I just did.
✴✴✴

Alex's POV
Two and a half years later

"Come on, Al! Being cooped up in this apartment studying all the time is bad for your well-being. Let's go out, let's party!" Lila, my party-animal best friend exclaimed.

Lila was a foxy girl with red, layered, shoulder length hair. I met her on my first day in college. She sure stood out with her bright red locks. I thought they were beautiful.

We've been best friends, and study partners, ever since.

"And have me third wheel you and Johnny the entire evening? No thanks, I'd much rather study." I replied, looking back at my books.

"I must admit, Al. You've matured. I remember how timid you were to everyone during the first six months of college. You didn't even want to do your presentation on foreign investment because you were so nervous." She replied, giving a fake sigh.

"It was a lecture room of eighty students, that's a lot." I protested.

"You were also extremely playful and cheery when you got comfortable around people. Now you're just all work and no play." She replied, I couldn't actually detect her tone this time. I suppose she sounded serious.

I glared at her. She was right. I remember how I was, I took college lightly and got my first F, that opened my eyes. I've been top of my class ever since.

I have to be a success.

"In a few months we'll be working twenty-three year olds, no more studying past midnight and no more classes. That's when I'll let my hair down a bit." I replied.

"A bit? Nevermind." She sighed and turned on the television.

"Multimillionare, Christopher Kenway, has been spotted with his latest conquest. In this amateur footage we see her reaching to touch his hand, only to have him abruptly pull it away..." Vivica Wolfe, celebrity correspondent went on.

Lila looked at me worryingly, my eyes remaining fixated on the screen.

"...remember that girl we saw him with two and a half years ago? Here we see them laughing and having fun at a funfare. How could she leave him? It looks like he hasn't smiled ever sin--"

I turned off the television.

"Come on, Al. You know what EMZ is like. They're always aching for a story." She replied when she saw my bleak expression.

I wish I could speak. I hated seeing Christopher. He's everywhere. Donating to this charity, taking some random female out, watching him receive an award for the most successful male under thirty. The list is endless.

Guess he's coping well without me.

"Al, I'm going out now. Are you okay?" Lila asked with concern in her voice.

"Um, yeah. Johnny is probably getting impatient. Have fun." I replied with a small smile.

"Okay, call me if you need anything." She said and with one peck on the cheek, she left.

I was left alone in the new apartment I shared with Lila. It was great cause we split the rent, that way, I wouldn't owe Mr Topher that much money.

Mr Topher checks on me often, he's incredibly proud of my accolades. He has even offered me a job...at Compu tech. He said I could be in charge of a different branch, but I did not want to risk running into Christopher.

I stared at my ocean of memo's, study notes and textbooks.

'Does this sea of work remind you of someone?' I thought.

I couldn't help my thoughts, but I was right. I was becoming an insatiable workaholic.

It was at times like this when I needed Goku more than anything. I can't remember where I misplaced him.

No distractions.

I need to become a success.

I have to.

Christopher's POV

"Chrissy, Baby. Come here, I need some help!" I hear her sweet voice yell from our room.

"Coming my adorable, little princess!" I yell out to her.

I run up the stairs and to see what she needs. I open the doors and see a cute Alex struggling to get into a tight dress. Her cheeks are red and sweaty.

It's such an amusing sight.

"Baby, you can't fit in most of your old dresses anymore or did you forget you're pregnant again?" I ask her humorously.

"It was one time!" She says, pouting.

I raise my eyebrow.

"Okay, okay. Twice." She confesses.

I hum.

"Okay! I do it everyday!" She exclaims, folding her arms. She's so ditzy.

"Well, I'm somewhat glad you sometimes forget." I say, walking closer. Slowly turning her around.

Her beautiful, big green eyes make contact with mine.

"You do? Why?" She asks in her special whisper voice.

"It gives me reason to be by your side everyday to remind you." I tell her before kissing her forehead.

She giggles and hides her head in my chest.

"Let me see that beautiful face." I instruct while slowly lifting her head.

"My stomach isn't that big yet that's why I forget." She admits.

"You're only about three months along. It'll grow." I soothe.

Her eyes widen with horror.

"I don't want to be big!" She exclaims.

I was just about to kiss her, when she suddenly disappeared- everything did. I was left alone in a dark room. There was a beeping sound in the distance, getting louder and louder and louder.

Beep beep beep!

"Ah!" I yell while shooting up from my pillow. I turn to my beeping alarm and throw it across the room. The annoying beeping subsided.

I've been dreaming about her more than ever. It hurts knowing that she's somewhere in this world, but I can't speak to her.

I can speak to her, but my pride won't let me. I decided to block her out of my life. No creepy searches or tracking. My father keeps asking if I know her whereabouts.

I don't understand his fixation with her. He has literally only known her for a few minutes. I hope he's not planning on--

No, he wouldn't.

Would he?

He has always been an odd ball and if Alex reminds him of my mother then...

I'd rather not think about it.

I really do miss her. I keep myself busy with work nowadays, if my personal life sucks then I should rather only focus on my professional life.

My father still believes that I do not have a heart. I suppose he's right.

At this moment, I'm heartless. My heart can be found wherever Alex is.

These dreams aren't helping me forget about her. It makes me wonder even more, does she have a boyfriend? Was he her first?

The mere thought makes me grind my teeth together. It fills my head with so many regrets. I could've been quicker to make her mine. I wish I controlled my temper.

My mother would turn around in her grave if she knew how I treated Alex.  I've had a hard past, but what about her?

I remember the first time I saw her. She was bruised all over. It made me quake with rage knowing that someone could hurt her so intensely.

What stunned me the most was her ability to bounce back. She never once wallowed in her sorrow.

There's our difference.

I sit and quake in my downfalls, she instantly forgets.

I hope she uses the same ideology with what I did to her.

I haven't slept with a women ever since that regrettable night with... I can barely say her name. My mind has been consuming me with guilty thoughts. If Alex knew, she'd never want me close ever again.

I hope she forgives me.

She has to.

I need her.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Hey guys!
Thank you all for reading!
I hope everyone is having a pleasant day. Thank you for all the reads, comments, votes and adds. It improves my mood tenfold! 💜
Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 45.9K 37
"Look," he said sternly, his green eyes blazing with anger as he looked down at the small woman before him. The dark skin that covered her body made...
3.2M 99.2K 42
*UNDERGOING EDITING* *COMPLETED* HIGHEST RANKING #14 TEEN FICTION/ #5 HUMOUR/ #2 CHICKLIT/ #1 CLICHE "Your skin is so soft." He muttered trailing his...
210K 4.4K 54
- Now his face was inches away from me as his breathe fanned my lips "I am sorry for this forgive me" he whispered softly in my ears Before I could...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...