A Muslim Girl's Love Story [C...

By NiqabiUndercover

Formerly known as 'An Islamic Love Story.' More

An Islamic Love Story
Wh-What?
In Denial
Him
His Crush. Her Hatred.
A New Alien
Stop Staring
That Fateful Meeting
On the Edge
They Found Out
Reality
Pressure
Sleep, Food, & Friends
Answers
Our Life
Our Rules
Marriage
Being Selfish
Where to?
Don't Look
The Halal Dating Begins.
To Understand The Situation [Part 1]
To Understand The Situation [Part 2]
When Dealing With Troubles...
To Make Friends
Friday
A Letter of Impatience [Part 1]
A Letter of Impatience [Part 2]
Family Comes First [Part 1]
Family Comes First [Part 2]
Captured.
Doubt
Losing Control
Face It
Stealing
That Feeling
How People Change
Remember Allah Always
That Whole Situation
Cravings with Deep Meanings
Today's The Day
Wedding and Frightful Fights
Love & Knowlege
Drifting Between Life
Life As It Should Be (The Last Chapter)
The Epilogue
An Important Announcement

Butterflies back?

70.5K 1.8K 295
By NiqabiUndercover

REMINDER: BE THANKFUL! Allah gave us eyes, ears, mouths, bodies and everything and Alhamdullillah we're all healthy. We might have a few problems within us but you know, it's a test from Allah after all. Try to imagine losing your eyesight for one day and I'm sure you'll be amazed at how much you'll be grateful for your eyesight. Even the smallest things can be the biggest blessings :) 

Assalamualaikum guys :) Dont miss ANY prayers for this cuz this chapters not going ANYWHERE. I know it might be a temptation but you guys gotta resist lol

I'm off to do my calculus and physics homework - I slept the whole day. :/ I'm so lucky I don't have any math or architecture homework.  Alhamdullillah!

It's a short chapter dedicated to Snowflakes20 for remembering the scene from Itazura na Kiss... well the remake of it lol 

Yusra

What the hell is going on? Am I going to die today?? Ya Allah please don't let this happen to me. There were gun shots going off at each corner. The building was extremely large, well obviously especially since my university's well known. I was sweating buckets of tears. If I weren't running, I'd have already peed myself. I kept mumbling surah's under my breath. It was so hectic I didn't even realize who was guiding me. 

"Conner, I can run by myself!" I screamed over his big broad shoulders. When he heard that, he squeezed my hands tighter. At the moment I was running for my life so I didn't have the energy to argue. We ran into a huge library at the other end of the building and took shelter under the deepest black wooden desks at the back of the library.

We weren't the only ones there. There were a bunch of first year students just like me and Conner in the library hiding under desks too. When we first came in, I thought it was completely empty. I was breathing really hard and I couldn't stop. I had mild asthma since I was a kid. I gained a little weight when I was a kid so it was hard to run and all but now I'm already eighteen years old! Why am I having this problem. My breathing at the moment was no joke. It could attract the killers if they were five meters near us. I kept my eyes focused on the ground and I saw Conner looking at me from the corner of my eyes. He passed me some water quickly. I tried to stop my wheezing breathe but it seemed to be taking forever. Just then we heard footsteps near us. They weren't so close. But they were the type of footsteps that would roam around quietly looking for something and I knew it wasn't something normal. I was starting to feel really nauseous.

Conner grabbed my head and put it close to his chest to muffle my noises. He let one hand rest on my head and the other stroked my back, trying to lend me a helping hand. Somehow I sort of felt at ease and I might have actually passed out if the gun shot that was shot right next to our desk was not shot. I yelped, but a few people gasped and yelped out loud. The screams were detected. Conner however kept pressing my head tightly against his chest and pulled me in closer. He was sweating and I was losing it. If he weren't here, I'd probably be the first to blow my cover. Whoever was shooting was walking in the direction parallel to two desks away from us. Tears flew out of my eyes and all I could do was pray and read ayat-ul-kursi (verses from the qur'an that can be said to provide protection).  

"JAYDEN, WE GOTTA RUN NOW! THEY'RE AFTER US!" One man screamed, supposedly to the man who was walking close to us with a gun. Two seconds later, there were thick, huge footsteps stomping out of the library. Everyone still kept low. Just then someone started crying uncontrollably... not because they were scared... but because they were shot and they had endured the pain a lot. No one moved though because the building was still on lock-down. No one was to make a noise and stay low until the signal was turned on. 

Unfortunately I passed out. Not due to the shock I received but because I was having trouble breathing. But I did see some blood splattered before I passed out. 

I don't know how long it took but a while later I was at the hospital and my breathing was normal. I was a little terrified because nothing like this ever happened. I didn't find my parents anywhere, but for a slight second I saw Conner on the phone talking to someone at the side of the huge room I was put in along with other patients. I didn't really know anything about hospitals since I was normally a healthy kid. There was only that mild asthma case I had trouble with. About a couple minutes after thinking some more, I got up and left my bed since I seemed perfectly fine. And that's when Samaar rushes in and still my parents are nowhere to be found. 

"Assalamualaikum..." Samaar said, eyeing me from top to bottom, turning me around to check for injuries all over my body. But I had none, Alhamdullillah. "You could have died today..." She said slowly. I didn't see Sheath with her, but I saw Aakifah and Subhee coming in two seconds later. Then Samaar gave me a big hug, and I quite enjoyed it until she pulled back and snapped at me. "I knew that tutor guy would get you into some crap like this." She heaved angrily as she pressed her eyes on the ground. 

"But it wasn't his fault though. I went there to get help again today. Remember I told you yesterday?" I asked. She nodded slowly reconsidering her accusation, then looked around to find someone. 

"Your parents are on the way, but where's Conner?" Samaar asks as she continues looking. He was here a second ago. I look around as well. 

"I just saw him." I said slowly.

"We gotta get you home. You don't feel so good, do you?" She asks me as she pushes in a strand of hair that was poking out of my hijab. I shake my head.

"Samaar..." I say exhausted. "Relax, I'm fine but I'm just scared. I mean, I probably could have died if the guy hadn't ran away... and if Conner didn't help me." I say feeling horrible. But... I think I crossed my boundaries.... I leaned on him for too much support I guess but it's alright because Allah knows best and he knows it wasn't in my intentions. "My parents...?" Before I could finish, Samaar finishes it for me.

"They're on their way with Sheath since your Dad's car broke down and I told them about you because Conner gave me a call but he doesn't know your parents." Samaar says. "But... I thought you never saw him after that..." She said focusing her gaze at me, then letting out a laugh. 

"Let's not talk about this." I say feeling horrible and out of breath. I was craving ten gallons of water and a billion hours of sleep. I could feel my extremely chapped lips. I was weak due to dehydration. 

"Sure thing." Samaar says as Aakifah stands next to her. 

"The shooting is all over the news. I heard from Samaar that there were people  beside you and a male student got shot in the leg. I think he's in the same hospital as you." Aakifah says looking at me with concern. What? That sounded horrifying and I suddenly felt even more sick in the stomach. Sheath came with my parents some minutes later and they cried and hugged me for a whole ten minutes. My mom stuffed down some parata's down my throat and somehow... that made me regain my energy. Food is truly an amazing blessing. 

"Yo, Conner!" Sheath exclaimed looking at Conner who was emerging into the room. 

"Sheath??" Conner asked surprised. I forgot they were friends. 

I fell asleep again because surprisingly the hospital beds seemed a little cozy. 

When I woke up later on, I started worrying about my Salaah... The last Salaah i prayed was Zuhr Salaah (second obligatory prayer of the day). And I almost died today. It was near Maghrib time (fourth obligatory prayer of the day) and I slept through Asr (third obligatory prayer of the day). I was still at the hospital with my parents. The doctors said I could leave now so I rushed my parents home to pray... but I didn't make it for Maghrib. I should have just prayed at the hospital. I was so depressed that day because nothing was working right for me. But then I knew, there was a lot to be thankful for. My parents, Samaar, Conner and mostly Allah. Allah's on my side so I'm as happy as I could be. All I ever do is complain about life but I never realize what I have is more than enough to be thankful for. 

Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion.(Qur'an, 3:185)

 Later That Day

Samaar

After what happened to Yusra, Yusra was guaranteed breakfast in bed, and a bunch of books to read. She was so shaken that she hasn't talked much since the day the shooting at her university happened. I was with her all day today and yesterday, and she was sunken into her bed, listening to the Qur'an all day which was surprising a little but I was happy she was listening to Qur'an and not nasheeds (Islamic music without musical instruments).  Nasheeds can be amazing... but sometimes you have to try listening to the Qur'an too. If you get an annoying feeling while listening to the Qur'an, that means Shaytaan is messing with you. So it's best ot beat Shaytaan to a pulp and be an amazing Muslim. I learned that the hard way obviously. Yes... Shaytaan may be reading this write now and laughing but hey! Who said we can't try to be amazing Muslims? And InShaAllah (if Allah wills) we will be the best amongst our Ummah (Muslim Community) today. I need to stop lecturing myself at this time of the night... When I first heard about what happened to Yusra, I was shocked to the point of rushing out of the house with no coat on, until Falak caught up to me with my coat in one hand and the car keys in the other as she gave me a rushed and sarcastic look. She was the one who made Subhee drive me and Aakifah to the hospital. Our plans for that day got cancelled and we stayed in the hospital all day till Maghrib time (fourth obligatory prayer of the day).  

So it was our last night in Canada. Our last night... The whole family came to the conclusion that Falak would stay behind for two years since her husband was always on business trips and all she did was stay home and take care of the kids. It was also decided a few nights before that after two years of study, I'd come back to this house and help my mother-in-law. Of course I'm not going to be coming alone. Aakifah and me will stay there in America for two years, then come home and continue our studies in Canada. I can't lie. The whole studying abroad thing... actually put my mind to peace and maybe... just maybe, I know how to take better care of myself. I'm no longer afraid of subways as much, and the buses aren't too bad, but living in a girls dorm has also probably made me a better cook.  Four months of independence can do a lot. 

Sheath, however will stay there till he gets his degree. He's taking summer classes to graduate faster as well. So it might take him three years at the least. 

It was raining and there was thunder and I couldn't sleep a wink. Also... the awkward phase came along where I couldn't pray or touch the Qur'an. And... I dreaded each and every moment of it. 

"Did you pray?" Sheath asked me as he came back from offering prayer at the masjid near by. I don't really enjoy lieing so I said nothing and pretended like I didn't hear him and continued to concentrate on the novel I was reading. "Hello! Earth to Samaar..." She said. When I struggled not to reply, he threw a pillow at me.

"Ouch! What'd you do that for?!" I asked, scowling as I looked up at him. He tried not to laugh.

"Did you pray?" He asked me quietly as he stared straight into my eyes. 

"Um...." I stuck my lips together. "I'm... I can't." I say finally. Wait... Why would you say that Samaar? "Because... Um... didn't you go to public school?" I asked awkwardly. He was still staring straight at me until his face twisted into a frown. 

"Are you referring to health class and biology?" He asked me quietly again. I nodded, trying not to let my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Okay... Well, what book are you reading?" He asked, as he quickly changed the subject. I held the cover up for him to see. "That's nice." He said, as he threw off his coat and sat down on the bed next to me. It was a book about the four Caliphs (the rulers after the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) passed away). I brought it when I was in grade twelve but I only started reading it now. It was amazing so far. I regret not opening the book any sooner. "Tell me something about it." He said as he layed down on his right as he looked up at me. I hesitated for a moment, then started blabbering on about history. 

"Did you ever hear about Khalid-ibn-Waleed?" I asked, trying to not get excited. He nodded. 

"He was..."

"He was the Sword of Allah! I know!" I said, excited. "What about the battle of Yamamah??" I asked. 

"Where Musaylamah lied about receiving revelations from Allah and becoming Muhammad (SAW)'s partner in prophet hood?" He asked. I nodded.

"How do you know?" I asked, baffled. I was pulled out of Islamic school way too early. I could have learned a whole bunch. 

"I have the exact same book as you and I finished it right the day I got it." He said. My jaws dropped.

"What other books did you get?" I asked him, curiously. 

"Not much. I only have like five." He said, after counting on his finger.

"I only have this one. Maybe... I should start reading more. Lend me your other ones." I said, with a pleading face. He gave me one decent and amused look.

"What's mine is yours." He said, poking my nose as he sat up. I smiled, and gave him a small hug. He pulled me in front of him and held me from behind as he rested his head on my shoulder. I was actually shivering a little. He was breathing down my neck in a soft way I could not describe. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him quietly. He shook his head lightly. His warm face was on my cold shoulders and I could feel him kissing my neck. I looked down, feeling my body grow warm. After two seconds, I couldn't stop myself from giggling. "Hey!" I said, playfully. "Stop it, Sheath!" He was tickling my stomach as he started whispering straight into my ear which tickled even more. His voice made the hairs on my skin stand out even though I didn't have much anyways. 

"Come on. Just tell me how much you love me." He said in a whisper with a grin on his face.

"Wipe that grin off your face! And let me go!"

"I'll only let you go if you tell me." He teased.

"Come... on, Sheath! That's just plain cheesy! I'd never... say that!" I said, still laughing.

"Come on, Samaar. You owe at least that much to me. You don't even let me kiss you more than once." He says still grinning. "It's my right to at least know that much right?" He asks while still tickling me. I was running out of breath.

"But Sheath! It's embarrassing." I say finally. He stops tickling me.

"So it's embarrassing, not cheesy, right?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"Both actually." I say in a low voice. He sighs. He turns me around to face him and I just stare at him with a frown.

"Fine, if words can't describe it, you have to show it." He says, thinking of something.

"How?" I ask.

"Like this..." He finally comes up with something and kisses me on the lips. I freeze for a second but smile and join in on it. He pulled back from the kiss and grinned. "That's how you say 'I love you' in your language." He finishes.

"It's still cheesy, but it could work." I said, approving a little as I gave him a small peck on his lips with a smile. "By the way, it's nothing new. Isn't that how everyone says 'I love you'?" I ask. He frowns.

"No one's as shy as saying it as you are." He says.

"I'm not shy!" I say, offended. 

"Right." He stretches the word out with sarcasm. 

"Hey... isn't it amazing how much knowledge books contain?" I ask, Sheath looking at the book that was sitting in front of me. He nodded, as he wrapped his arms around my waist once again. 

"When we have children... we have to make it a habit to read Qur'an to him or her every night." I nodded. 

"I'm sure it'll love hearing your voice every night." I said, feeling blessed for everything that I had. 

"Our child... What do you want him to be?" Sheath asks me softly. 

"I want him to be the best of this Ummah." I say under my breath. 

"I want him to succeed and do something great for the sake of Allah." He said. 

"All we can do is pray for the best." I say, slowly closing my eyes as sleep was taking over me. 

 After we fell asleep, I woke up seven hours later to find Sheath trying to muffle his coughing as he goes to the bathroom. It's almost Fajr time as well. I get up and stand next to the bathroom and he comes out a few seconds later. When he sees that I'm not on sleeping on my head, he's frightened to see me right next to him. I smirk.

"What's the coughing all about?" I asked him quietly. The whole house was probably asleep. He shrugged and sat down on the desk table. 

"I don't know. Something probably got in my throat." He answered. 

"Really?" I asked. "... Than that's good. I'm off to sleep." We were both extremely tired. Somehow I wasn't as tired because I was used to waking up for fajr. 

"What time is it?" He asked. I looked up to the clock behind him. He was rubbing his temples. 

"It's 5:10." I replied. "Since you're already awake, why don't you read Tahajjud Salaah?" I asked. He nodded. And I got back into bed. I guess I should stay awake just to keep him company. He'll probably keep falling asleep. 

He got up and went to the bathroom and I tried staying awake. Maybe I could read a book? I took the book out from the drawer beside the bed. The Four Caliphs. It was actually pretty nice, reading a book that teaches you about the laws and battles of the past. Sometimes what I see about those small countries undergoing genocides and wars for land... is what hurts me the most. It hurts to know that there are many Muslims around the world not doing what they should do best and that is... fighting as an Ummah.  

But I guess that's what people are now trying to do - unite. It's not easy resolving conflicts between husbands and wives, family members, friends and especially countries. 

In a few hours we were to leave this household and back to America... to start a new semester and study our heads off. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 47 9
In which a divorcee reconnects with a lost love after agreeing to take part in a film project.
125K 8.2K 64
A YRHPK story.
6.6K 774 40
It's not any "normal" love story. No, not at all. It's about disloyalty, it's about lying; lying to the whole world, lying to yourself, just for on...
2.8K 353 42
He didnt know that his sky was wounded. He couldnt mend the damage which was caused. But he vowed to himself, he would try his utmost to stop it from...