Family Comes First [Part 2]

Samaar's POV

How did my in-laws get here? Wait... Why am I freaking out? Cuz no one gave me a warning! What is wrong with them? I look at my mom trying to make eye contact with her so I can glare at her for not telling me... But she ignored me after giving me a cheerful smile. What in the world? I looked at Sheath who was also looking around quietly. Then I saw my hands wrapped around his, and I blushed as I slowly got up and left him. He followed me to the door and so did the rest of the family. When the door opened we saw my mother-in-law exhausted. But she was dressed up nicely... probably tired from the ride here. She said salaam and got extremely excited when she saw me and Sheath standing next to each other. 

"My son and daughter-in-law! I have been waiting for this day!" I smiled and hugged her back. I looked over at Sheath and saw him smiling at the ground as he hugged his mom. I greeted the rest of the family along with Aakifah. Subhee was there too and he said salaam to both of us then went up to Sheath. He took Sheath's hand and did some weird huge handshake which I stared at horrified. Because that was Sheath's bruised wrist. When Ruhi's mom caught me staring at them horrified, she asked me what was wrong. And I just smiled and said nothing. I was looking at Sheath's face. He was grinning but also... sweating. That must have hurt. Subhee was basically dressed up the same as Sheath except he wore a navy suit. His hair was neatly placed which made him look a little more professional. I saw Aakifah trying to keep her gaze down. When I nudged her, she was startled. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have a bad feeling today..." She replied quietly. 

"Aakifah... just forget about the past and focus on the present. What ever happens happens for a reason so leave it to Allah." I whispered to her. I think I knew what was about to happen but I couldn't put my fingers on it.  

Right when my in-laws entered they started talking to Ruhi's mom like no tomorrow. I really did want to see Ruhi but I'd figure that she was upstairs getting ready with Kashifah her younger sister. Right after thinking that I saw Ruhi come down with a hijab wrapped tightly around her head. It was done exactly how Aakifah had taught her and to be honest she looked gorgeous. I was standing there grinning. 

"Oh my. Oh my. Oh my! Masha'Allah!" I said to her and Aakifah started laughing. 

"You guys were meant to be, eh?" Aakifah said referring to Ruhi and her hijab. 

"Oh, we get along just fine. I think I might leave my husband for this little thing called hijab." We laughed. She looked really pretty. She was wearing some light foundation and just a little eye liner with a light transparent lipstick covering her lips. She was wearing a nice long black maxi dress. She was a bride to be and now she looked like it too for some reason. With us, she was always goofy but now she looked a little mature. She looked super mature for a twenty three year old girl. But I guess that's what she was supposed to look like. 

"I won't be taking this thing off for life now." She said confidently. 

"Does the groom know about that?" I asked. Well, you can never know a guy's preference. Sometimes its rare to find guys that like their wives going out without the proper covering in our culture. But then again that's basically only 5% of the Arab society or something like that. Or not even close to 5%. To be honest I thought I was a feminist before but then I realized... equality comes in different forms. I probably learned that the hard way... after getting married or after I started to fall in love with Sheath. 

"He was asking me if I was going to start anytime soon. The only reason they accepted me wad cuz I told them I'd be starting to wear it soon." I smiled. 

"Now you gotta be beautiful for yourself and your husband not for anyone else." I said grinning. 

"Ugh, you make me feel disgusted, Samaar." Ruhi said and Aakifah grinned at her too.