Princess of the Rogues

By ChloePJ

Jennifer's life has never been easy. She has never had a childhood to call her own. Her father is a vile, evi... More

Princess of the Rogues
Chapter 1: Giving Up
Scarred for Life
Just Another Day
My Worst Nightmare
What Have I Done
If things couldn't get any worse!
A Twist of Fate
Taking a Risk
Here goes Nothing
Meeting the Alpha
When others decide your Future
Revealing the Truth
Just Another Eventful Day
It was bound to Happen
A Different Light?
The Message
A Dream or Reality
This is my Life
Things can Never be Simple
Sorting out my Problems
Going Back to Hell
Hell
I didn't see that Coming
Two Sides to a Story
History is Written by the Victors
Seeing the Light
Starting to Recover
The Beginning Of Recovery
Author Note
Discussion
A Similar Situation
Not A Happy Ending
Leaving the ones you Love
Another Point Of View
Living Life Alone?
Life's Purpose
Solitude
Getting Back Up
Perfect Christmas
Waiting to be Judged
Guilty or not-guilty?
Decisions
Taking Responsibility
Author Note
Question and Answer
Forever
Epilogue

The Aftermath

20K 720 60
By ChloePJ

Your reactions to the last chapter was seriously awesome. I knew I was going to get a great reaction and you didn't disappoint ;P

I am not totally evil so here is the next chapter. Someone guessed what POV this would be in so here you go. Enjoy.

By the way we smashed 15,000 reads!!!! WOOP! WOOP!

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

(AKA Jerk and Feels Crusher xxx) :D

P.S. Ask me some questions for ASK THE AUTHOR PLEASE.

Chapter 27

Xander’s POV

                Her body was so pale. So pale. Her skin was like snow. She was naturally pale but this was ghostly. Her eye lids were shut and unmoving with her delicate eye lashes the most prominent colour on her face. I looked down to her lips which were the palest pink I have ever seen. She looked so peaceful and at ease. She looked so at rest as if nothing would trouble her.

                She had been cleaned of blood and of dirt so her hair was sprawled across the pillow in stark contrast with how black it was. She looked so beautiful. The white sheet was draped carefully across her small delicate frame. She looked so innocent.

                I looked down to my hands which were covering her hand delicately. I clutched on for dear life. I felt the tears role down my face freely in the knowledge that this was a private room in the medical wing. She had been through so much hurt and so much pain. My thoughts flickered back to the injuries I saw on her.

                My mind flashed back to the scars. Her stomach was brutally mutilated with scars crisscrossing evilly back and forth. Her back. Her back. I shuddered at the memory. Her skin was torn. The gashes of every stroke were easily seen across her delicate skin as blood oozed from the wound. I shuddered at the thought of it.

                They would now remain permanent on her skin. It would remain a reminder of everything that she had been through. I followed my gaze up from her hand to her neck where the black bruises decorated her skin and followed my gaze up to her lip which had the gash still slightly present and the yellow and black bruises that circled her right eye. She had been through so much to save and help the pack and the ones I loved.

                The door opened and I quickly whipped away my tears. My wolf and I were suffering. The amount of hurt and guilt we felt was overwhelming. I looked to the door to see the doctor walk in. He went up to the heart monitor that was beeping consistently. I watched as the doctor checked Jen’s sats. I looked on in anticipation.

                “How is she? Why isn’t she awake yet?” I asked in just a stream of questions.

                The doctor looked at me sympathetically. He checked her operation wound on her stomach and the surrounding scars. I looked on intently.

                “I don’t know when she will wake. I don’t know when or if she will wake up. You have seen her body. She has been hurt so severely. Her body has been through so much physical and mental trauma. She had extensive internal bleeding, we had to resuscitate her and we don’t know the extent of her head wounds. Her other scars will forever be there because of using silver. It could be another day, another week. I don’t know. Her body and wolf need to recover from a trauma such as this,” The doctor explained, tentatively.

                I sighed and ran a hand through my hair roughly. I was stressed beyond belief. I was still managing pack business after the war. It was chaos.

                “Ok. Can you tell me of total casualties and injuries we have at the moment,” I asked the doctor.

                “The total rose to 31 fatalities today. No one is now in a critical condition. All are now stable. We shouldn’t be expecting any more deaths,” the doctor replied.

                “Shouldn’t?” I questioned.

                The doctor looked nervous then and his eyes flickered towards Jen before flicking back to me. A protective growl left my mouth out of instinct. She wasn’t going to die. No she wasn’t. It wasn’t happening.

                The doctor took that as his cue to leave. I was left alone in the room. I placed my head against the bed and sighed. Thirty one lives lost. Two more deaths today. It had been a day since the war. There were twelve rogues in our dungeons. Twenty five rogues had made a run for it and the rest were dead.

                I notified the Werewolf council of what had happened. I told them about the rogues and how we defeated them. They were extremely relieved at the threat having been taken down. They were coming to see us in two weeks-time once we had sorted everything out. I didn’t mention Jen otherwise things would get said and be mentioned. I didn’t want them accusing and taking her away from me. I wouldn’t allow it. I would fight for her.

                The funerals for all of the fallen warriors were going to happen tomorrow. There were so many distraught families but they had fought for a noble purpose. We had saved our pack and further packs. We put an end to all of the cruelty. That was worth fighting for. I felt so broken and torn. I felt so emotionally drained.

                My arm was slashed open in the battle but it had been stitched up and the problem was solved but it was my head that was the problem. I had lost my brother because he was a traitor and my mate is seriously injured. My pack has been through the biggest war they will ever have to face. This is why I wish I wasn’t an alpha sometimes.

                The door opened up and Michael walked in. He looked over at Jen sadly. He had grown close to her and understood Jen now. He wasn’t against her now which was nice to see.

                “I called the pack meeting as requested. Everyone is waiting for you in the main meeting room,” Michael explained, “How is she?”

                “Thanks Michael and honestly I don’t know. The doctor doesn’t know if she will wake up. Her injuries were extremely serious,” I sighed, rubbing my hand through my hair once again.

                “She will be fine. She is strong. She can get through this,” Michael reassured.

                I nodded before standing up. I pressed a kiss against her forehead. Michael knew to stay here and watch over her. I walked from the room feeling so down. I walked down the various corridors until I reached the main area of the pack house. It was quiet apart from the talking coming from the main meeting room. I came to the door of the meeting room before stopping.

                I took a deep breath before I entered. Everything went immediately quiet as I entered. People turned to look at me. They bowed their heads in respect and I nodded in reply. On the stage at the front were my family and Alex. They looked at me. My mother looked distraught at the loss of a child in such a way and worry for my mate.

                I felt so exhausted and my eyes felt heavy. I knew I looked a state as well. I finally made it to the stage and climbed onto it. I turned to face the crowd before addressing the crowd in front of me.

                “Hello everyone. We are now in hard times. The road ahead will be hard and difficult. We lost thirty one people in this war but we have stopped the King Of The Rogues tyranny and avenged all the packs that have fallen before us. We will support one another through this tough time as we regain ourselves,” I spoke clearly and as confident as I could make it.

                “Who killed him?” Someone shouted from the back.

                “Jennifer did. A knife to the throat,” I spoke back, plainly.

                There was talk around the room for a second.

                “How is she?” Someone else shouted.

                “She is in a critical condition. She suffered extensive injuries and internal bleeding. We don’t know if she will wake up from her surgery,” I explained, sadly.

                The crowd remained silent in response. Almost as if silent respect for Jen.

                “Where is Jamie?” Someone else shouted.

                I froze and so did my family. Everyone noticed and looked at us quizzically. I sighed deeply before running a hand once again through my hair. It was happening a lot today.

                “Jamie turned traitor. He was the one that handed Molly over to the rogues and joined the rogues just after. Jamie died yesterday in the battle,” I replied.

                The crowd collectively gasped and the chatter rippled through the crowd. I heard traitor and monster thrown around a couple of times and to be honest that was the truth. Jamie did turn into a monster. He brought his death upon his self. We can’t blame Jen for killing him.

                I dismissed the crowd and they left the room quickly and efficiently. This just left my family and I in the room. I turned to look at my mum. She was distraught. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and my father looked out of place.

                “Who killed him? Who killed Jamie?” My mum asked me.

                I was silent and looked from her gaze. I didn’t want to tell her. I didn’t want to tell her who killed her son. She was broken enough as it was.

                “I am sorry mum. You don’t need to know,” I replied flatly.

                “I am his MOTHER. I know he was a traitor but I want to know. I need to know. Tell me,” she yelled at me.

                I was shocked and so were all of my family. I can’t remember the last time my mother ever raised her voice at me. I felt angry. Jamie was a traitor. He could have caused Molly to be killed. He turned my mate over and I hated him for it.

                “It was JEN alright. JEN. Happy now?” I yelled back.

                Silence fell on the room. My mother gasped and began to cry.

                “Jamie handed Molly over to the rogues where she could have got seriously hurt. He betrayed us and handed over my soul mate to the rogues. He made it possible. Have you seen what they did to her? HAVE YOU?! I don’t know if she will wake up. I don’t know if she has any mental problems from attacks to her face. She had her leg stamped on and broken in to. We had to re-break it and set it. She has had a knife repeatedly calved into her stomach leaving scars. She was whipped with a silver edged whip which has left her back a mess. She had internal bleeding and her heart stopped. So don’t scream at me. I have lost a brother and I am scared of losing a mate,” I yelled at my mum, before storming off of the stage.

                “Xander. I am sorry!” She cried back, but I kept walking away as I felt the tears threaten to escape my eyes.

                I went to my room first and had a shower. Once I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and looked into the mirror in the bathroom. I had bags under my eyes and quite frankly I looked a mess. I quickly sorted myself and I changed into some pyjamas. I was staying downstairs with Jen.

                It was night now anyway. I walked down the stairs and people smiled reassuringly at me. They could see how much it was taking a toll on me. I was suffering seeing Jen like this. I walked through the medical wing and checked up on some of the warriors who wished me well on Jen getting better. I smiled in return.

                I reached Jen’s room and walked in and I was overwhelmed. A nurse was in there adding another vase to the growing amount of flowers. There was a brilliant range of smells coming. The nurse turned and smiled at me warmly.

                “Sorry. These are all the flowers the pack members have sent. We are getting more and more and we are only keeping the nicest of them,” she smiled.

                “Thank you,” I replied, before the nurse left the room in peace.

                I sat on the chair next to Jen and took hold of her hand. The heart beat was beating steadily which calmed me. I sighed and prayed for her to wake up and soon. The longer she was asleep the last chance she would wake up. She needed to wake up soon.

                “Please Jen. Wake up. I love you so much. You have done so much and sacrificed so much. Please wake up. Please. I love you like you wouldn’t believe. I love you. I love you so much my gorgeous mate.”

                I kissed her hand and looked at her face to which the bruises were finally beginning to fade. I looked at all of her and wished for a sign to say she would wake. I was losing hope. So were the doctors. I knew they were.

                I looked back to her beautiful face. Please wake. Please wake. I loved her so much. Please wake. Please. Please. Don’t die. I looked back to her slightly parted pink lips and followed my eyes up to her closed ones.

                I saw it then.

                I saw the movement. I saw the movement of her eye lids. I watched intently as her eyes flickered open. I watched her crystal blue eyes scan the room of flowers and everything around her. Her eyes locked with mine. She was alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 14.7K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
50.7K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
163K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
360K 10.7K 33
As Jennifer became of age, she was to inherit the Alpha position from her father when he retired, but her father being the giant turd he is, wrongful...