Death Snatcher{Continuing}

By ChoxolateKing

It all starts with a dead body found in the park and escalates to something greater and bigger... A dark pres... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Park
Chapter 2 - The Middle Of Nowhere
Chapter 3 - Grave Danger
Chapter 4 - The Grave
Chapter 5 - Lost But Found{Part 1}
Chapter 6 - Grim Reaper
Chapter 7 - Lies
Chapter 8 - Bad Memories
Chapter 9 - Giovannni
Chapter 10 - BOSS
Chapter 11 - Lost But Found{Part 2}
Chapter 12 - Remember Me
Chapter 13 - Francesca
Chapter 14 - Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Mountain Bike
Chapter 17 - Death is at the Door
Chapter 18 - A Past Forgotten??
Update Note

Chapter 16 - Masquerade

36 2 0
By ChoxolateKing

Chapter 16 - Masquerade

Song of the Chapter:

1. Of The Night - Bastille

Previous Chapter...

~John's POV

I woke up from the bad dream heaving with sweat. I was gasping for air, whatever dream that was it was definitely bad hopefully it will only stay a dream. But obviously it was a dream Jake was dead and my mother was not a maniac. Why am I even thinking about it huh, wake up John it was only a dream.

"Hello John" said a female, this time it wasn't a dream.

_________________________________________

~Brian's POV

On the normal street watch, since John's been in an accident, chief told us to watch any cars coming and going within the hospital block, anything can come up. The fact that he was followed and then bumped proves that he was followed. I still wonder who might've been behind the car. Could it be some old granny who forgot how to drive properly and drove into Ron and John while they were riding or could it have been a driver who was rushing to work or some appointment?

Or some wreck\/drunk driver who bumped into a kid and just drove off. It could've been anything, that's the problem. But here I am keeping watch, although I doubt it will do the police or the FBI any good. But what do they say 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Whilst in Wonderland(as they call it), a car came out of nowhere and it seems to be headed towards the hospital. I followed it with my Honda. Since we were detectives and we weren't supposed to take any legal action till we see a person go into the hospital. We were allowed to use our own cars. I wonder why Humphrey didn't give me a heads up on the car that's heading for the hospital.

I followed it from far but at a slow pace so that the owner doesn't think I am following them. The car was black and wouldn't be seen if the lights didn't give it off. As usual the car has black tinted windows, so that the driver couldn't be seen. I couldn't make out who was in the car I continued following them. They went into the back of the hospital, the parking for the staff. I was paid to not make assumptions. So I drove to the front of the hospital to the parking for the customers\/clients. And got out of my car, I went to the back of the hospitals staying to the walls of the hospital. They weren't open at night times, so I stayed in the darkness of the walls and windows. The person lady or man I couldn't make out from the black cloak they were wearing covering both their bodies and face. But from the way she was walking it was a she. She looked around her and she clearly was cautious from the way she was doing things. She looked my way for a millisecond and rose towards the emergency room. I followed her after she was out of the parking lot and in the building. The place was deserted so I headed her way. I followed closely after to make sure I don't have her out of my site. She was cautious and didn't want anybody to follow her. She headed for number 186, John's room and she went into his room. I stopped at the door... it was still open so I could listen to everything.

"Hello John" she said

She knew his name, but how.

"Who are you?"

"I'm sorry John but I've come to kill you"

"Kill me?"

"You're next"

"Death Is Your Wish"

"No...no are you the one who almost killed me and Fats"

"Your friend is already dead"

"What...how"

"Ha-ha it was already over for him when he decided to be your friend"

"What do you mean?"

"You were chosen"

"Chosen"

"To die next, you see I, the Death Snatcher decide who gets to die next and if you are lucky. You get chosen"

"No no this can't be happening?"

"I'm sorry John, millions have died and now you are next"

"What are you carrying with you?"

"It's poison that will kill you within seconds"

"Please...please I beg you, I didn't do anything"

"It was over for you, when your step brother was chosen"

"What do you mean?"

"He was killed by my hand"

Silence, it was silent.

"Don't kill me"

I jumped from the wall and busted the room. She was looking at me, then at him. Then she quickly tried to jab me with a knife, pocket knife that was small yet dangerous. I dodged quickly and dodged the next one. There was a noise and she looked quickly at where the noise was coming from and I took out my gun.

"Step back" I said cautiously to her

She made her next move so fast that I didn't see it. I then realised that she now had my gun. And I was on the floor, with a cut in my shoulder and I was losing blood fast. She pointed the gun at John and the moment she did that I used the knife on the floor and threw it at her. She dodged it without even looking my way. She was very fast if I make a strategy I had to be fast. The knife hit the monitor connected to John dammit she saw it coming and dodged it. Luckily John's injuries weren't that bad that he would rely on the machine.

She then made an unexpected move and went straight for the door. I leaped to catch up with her despite my cuts and then she turned and shot me coldly in the same place where the cut was. Wait exactly where the cut was. I cried out from having something put into a cut wait a fresh cut that was bleeding fast. Her moves were exactly like that of an assassin. So quick and yet precise, she definitely wasn't an amateur gone mad, rather an assassin gone mad because assassin's wouldn't do things they weren't instructed to do. Maybe she was an ex assassin because she just said that she killed Jake Knapp, if she wasn't lying then I had to stop her before any more people die. But this injury pained for every move I made. I just couldn't do anything, even if I wanted to. John was sitting in his bed, then he made an unexpected move and jumped from his bed. Despite his injuries he ran for the door.

"John where are you going?"

John ran out the door and went straight for the woman. Despite her coming here to kill him. I phoned Chief Renick.

"Chief we have a bad code here code 6, there is a killer trying to kill the victim John Deceirdo. I'm calling for backup."

~John's POV

She was about to attack me, when Brian came from nowhere and then she almost jabbed him with a knife and he dodged. Then she was looking in the dark when she heard a noise and then Brian took out his gun. He was warning her when she made a quick yet effective move, that landed Brian on the ground and put a cut on his shoulder that wasn't there a second ago. And now she had his gun in her hand and then she pointed it at me. I was too stunned to do anything, and then Brian threw the small knife that she dropped when she made her previous move. And it hit the monitor next to me luckily not me. Then she did something she didn't come here for. She went for the door and disappeared in the dark hallway. I didn't know where she was but I made a good guess. Probably the rooftop because I heard a noise in that path, I went straight for the door.

"John where are you going?" Brian asked as he was on the ground half kneeling and trying to stop the wound on his shoulder from bleeding further. I ignored him because I had only one thing on my mind to find out where she went. He was mumbling stuff I couldn't hear because I was headed her way.

I followed down the pathway to a door that was close to the rooftop. I went under the stairs that connected the rooftop to the door and went around it. I could hear footsteps jogging up the stairs. And went in that direction unarmed, I hope she wasn't going to kill me.

I went up the stairs, hoping for both the worst and best. I was on the rooftop and was met with the cold chilly night. The wind of cold blasted on my face. It was both refreshing and frightening depending on the situation and you're guessing not so refreshing. It was dark but I could make out the figures in the night. I heard a noise, like a bucket full of water being bumped into. I ran for the noise and there the attacker was busy trying to open a door that would lead to a place I've yet to know of, I'm guessing a secret passage or hideout, since she needed to hide from all the cops at the bottom of the building. I could hear the sirens of the police and FBI.

She turned around and looked at me. She was good when it came to noticing someone.

"You're brave coming here"

"Why did you kill Jake?"

"Simple, he was targeted and I killed him"

"Why what did he do that made him a target?"

"Death doesn't come to those who decide to embrace it; it comes to anyone at any time"

"So why did you kill him?"

"A Game of course, I knew that you wouldn't know but Detective Cohen would definitely detect"

"Why?"

"A game to the death, whoever perseveres wins"

"Why?"

"I have faced more pain than any human could face and lost millions of family members and friends. And I lost them all for the same reason. The killers wanted money and power. And because they couldn't get it they killed my family. As if that would help but no they didn't stop. They killed all my friends and Now I have nothing. I wished to sought the same thing and therefore I will repay Death all the pain it has given me, except I'll come to kill you another time"

"You will not get away with this, people will come looking for you and when they find you, once they've hunted you down, they won't be merciless"

"Let them come, it only makes this game more fun. See you soon"

When she said that she went to edge of the balcony and jumped off it. I ran at the edge of the balcony to see where she landed but she disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208 0 16
Eileen remembered that night her brother Damon disappeared: She was waiting for him to come home so she could watch the movie he made at school. He n...
41 20 20
WELCOME TO THE TRUE CRIME VAULT 🔐 This book will be focused on ALL THINGS true crime, and that includes sharing both past and present crime cases, t...
61.6K 3.6K 18
"That day at the park had been strange. I sat their alone with the sense of someone watching me swing on the swingset. My house was right down the st...
2.8M 42.1K 99
Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge. Late at night, Nathan trudges down th...