Our Love Will Light The Way...

By totallyfisherwood

What if when Mike and Carrie had met, one of them was unavailable. Would either of them realise their feeling... More

Chapter 1 - Everything Stopped
Chapter 2 - His Blue Eyes
Chapter 3 - Good in Goodbye
Chapter 4 - You Remember?
Chapter 5 - The Game
Chapter 6 - Angel in Church
Chapter 7 - Date Night
Chapter 8 - Aftermath
Chapter 9 - Goodbye's Hurt The Most
Chapter 10 - Official
Chapter 11 - Those Three Words
Chapter 12 - Win or Lose
Chapter 14 - Lovin' Life
Chapter 15 - Tony
New Story!

Chapter 13 - Grammy's

417 17 2
By totallyfisherwood

Buckle up, it's a long chapter!

CARRIE'S POV:

"What time is your flight coming in on Sunday, babe?" I asked Mike as I was applying my mascara. I had flown out a week earlier to rehearse with Keith for 'The Fighter', Mike was flying out on the day to join me for the night.

"It's coming in at around 9 in the morning, I've got a car picking me up, so you don't have to worry about picking me up." He reassured me.

"Are you sure? I don't mind, it's no trouble babe." I asked while moving on to applying my lipstick.

"Positive. It's Grammy day. Big day, I don't want you worrying about anything else." I stopped applying my lipstick and looked in the mirror to make sure everything looked good.

"You know me too well." I giggled and picked up the phone and walked over to my window at the hotel.

"Ooh, where did you want me to pick up your suit from again?" I asked. Mike had asked me earlier in the week to pick up a suit he had sent over to wear.

"The Armani on Rodeo Drive, babe." He answered.

"Ooh Armani, getting a bit fancy, Fisher?" I teased and giggled over the phone as I walked over to the window to stare at the blue skies and palm trees outside my hotel room.

"Well I've got to look good, especially since I'm going to be standing next to my smokin' hot date for most of the night" he teased back, it was as if I could hear his smirk through the phone.

"You have a way with your words, Fisher" I smiled and blushed. Mike and I talked for 10 more minutes before my assistant knocked on my door to say it was time to leave for rehearsals. We said our goodbye's and we both headed off our separate ways.

I headed off to Staples Centre where the Grammy's were being held. As I was walking backstage to my dressing room, I bumped into Keith Urban.

"Hey Carrie! Ready to rock this duet?" He playfully punched my arm.

"Is that even a question? I'm ready to rock all day, everyday." I joked before walking back to the dressing room. As I was walking, I bumped into several other artists like James Corden, who was hosting.

"Hey James!" I shouted out.

"Carrie! How are you doing?" He walked over and gave me a brief hug. James and I had previously met at the Grammy's last year as we were sat together for the ceremony.

"I'm doing good! You're gonna kill it tonight!" I reassured him, as I could see he looked a bit nervous.

"Aw, thanks man! Oh, while you're here, how do you feel about doing Carpool Karaoke with me?" He asked.

"Me? Carpool Karaoke?" I asked with wide eyes. I had seen carpool Karaoke, and I had wanted to do one for a while.

"Yeah! Since you're finished touring it would be a great way to end the tour , also gives me an excuse to sing with you!" He explained. His logic was right, it would be great way to say goodbye to the Storyteller Era, and I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind it either.

"Absolutely! Let's do it! Just call my people and we can get it sorted out!" I exclaimed. We exchanged a couple more pleasantries before he had to head to the stage to rehearse.

When I finally reached my dressing room, I sat down in the chair and breathed a sigh of relief. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. The calm before the storm.

GRAMMY DAY - SUNDAY

When they're tryna to get to you
Baby, I'll be the fighter

"Great rehearsal guys!" I heard Keith shout to the band before enveloping me in a hug!

"We're gonna kill it tonight, Carrie!" He exclaimed.

"We always do, Keith!" I joked back. Rehearsal had gone well and it was almost time to get ready. Mike had been back at the hotel room just relaxing, since he had flown out straight after a game in Canada the day before.

They ended up winning against the Ottawa Senators, but only towards the end. It was a tough win and I could tell Mike was exhausted, so instead of dragging him out to rehearsals, I suggested he get some sleep instead.

I got the key out from my purse and unlocked the door to get into the hotel suite. I walked in to the bedroom to find Mike still sleeping and snoring away. I giggled to myself before making my way to the dining table to eat a salad before Melissa came to do my hair and makeup.

I had my dress fitting for the Grammy's 5 days ago, and I was so excited to put on my dress. As soon as I saw it, I immediately fell in love with it.

After about half an hour, I look and saw that it was almost 4 o'clock and that Melissa was coming over at 4 to start the hair and makeup. The Grammy's red carpet started at 6, and we planning on getting there at around 7.

"Hey babe." I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Mike rubbing his eyes and scratching his head.

"Hey yourself." I smiled before walking over and wrapping my arms around his waist. His arm immediately found their place on my lower back.

"I missed you today." He coped before leaning down to kiss me. He pulled away and lingered before giving me a light peck on the lips.

I chuckled and pulled away, his stubble caught a part on my neck and it ticked slightly.

"You need to shave soon, Fisher. That stubble is getting too prickly." I heard a knock on the door and Melissa's voice. I told Mike that we were about to start hair and makeup, so I suggested he go watch TV in a different room. He gladly agreed.

"Hey Melissa!" I greeted as I opened the door. She rolled in her beauty suitcase filled with makeup, hair and jewellery goodies.

"Let's get started!" She rubbed her hands together and gave me a beaming grin.

We decided to go for a light smokey eye, with a nude lip. We didn't want to go too bold on the lip as we wanted the focus to be on the gorgeous red dress i was wearing tonight. We decided that the hair was going to be a soft up-do, nothing too fancy.

As she worked her magic on me, we talked about everything and nothing. We talked about shopping, the weather, her kids, makeup in general. Just girly stuff. I also found myself checking my phone, and social media just to check up on everything. I ended up snapping a few selfies on the way too.

After around 2 and half hours, everything was done. I looked up from my phone and smiled. The look was perfect and the hair was amazing.

"Oh Melissa, you've done it again" I smiled and gave her a hug as I stood up.

"Let's get you in this dress then." She said. She bought the dress out and unzipped the back and helped me in. The dress was quite revealing in the chest area, so to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions, I taped myself in with double sided tape, to ensure nothing would pop out.

After the dress, I slipped on my Jimmy Choo heels and put on some earrings and rings to match the outfit. I looked in the full length mirror and found myself satisfied with the look.

By this time, my suite was chaotic, my manager, assistant, stylist, everyone was in the suite making sure everything ran smoothly. I looked at the time and saw we had about 10 minutes before we needed to leave.

I snuck into the bedroom to see Mike adjusting his cufflinks on his suit in the full length mirror. I stared for a while before he caught me in the mirror.

He turned around and beamed.

"Wow, you look incredible." He said. I blushed under his gaze and walked towards him.

"Stop it Mike, you don't look too bad yourself" I teased before giving him a light kiss on the cheek.

"No seriously, you look wow. I mean...wow" he continued. "I definitely got lucky with you...wow." He smiled.

I leaned towards him to give him a deeper kiss. I pulled away and wiped the lipstick that ended up on his lips.

"You're too good to me" I cooed before grabbing my phone and clutch. We headed out together and we decided to get a few pictures of us before we left.

Melissa snapped a couple pictures of us, before we had to head down to the car to get to the Grammy's.

Because of all the LA traffic, it took 40 minutes to get to the red carpet. As we pulled up I could myself getting even more nervous about my first public appearance with Mike.

"There's nothing to be nervous about babe." He whispered while grabbing my hand.

I turned and saw that he was smiling so sweetly towards me. He was truly too good to me.

"I love you." I said before kissing him again.

"I love you too, Care. Now let's go, so I can show off how smokin' my girl looks tonight." I giggled as he got out of the car and walked over to the other side to open the door to me.

As soon as I stepped out, all I heard were people screaming our names and camera's taking pictures.

We walked the red carpet and it was less nerve racking than I thought I was going to be, especially with Mike by my side. He held my hand for most the time as we posed for pictures. I could feel that he was uncomfortable at times, but he squeezed my hand and smiled at me to reassure me that he was okay.

"I'm a big boy, Care. I can handle it." He whispered in my ear as we were posing for pictures.

I let out a loud laugh before composing myself again for pictures. We stopped for a couple of interviews on the way, with people asking about what I was wearing and about our relationship together. With comments about how great we looked together. I smiled and thought about how well this was all going.

When we finally got inside, I could the butterflies in my stomach as I got nearer to performing. The award ceremony started and within 45 minutes I was in the dressing room getting ready to perform. I breathed in and looked in the mirror, and headed out to backstage, ready to perform.

"PLEASE WELCOME TO THE STAGE, KEITH URBAN AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD."

I heard Keith finish his last line of the verse and saw that the camera panned to me.

I strutted out onto the stage with Keith, and found that all my nerves disappeared and I found myself having fun on stage with the band. I looked in the audience and saw Mike standing up and clapping along which made me feel great.

We finished the performance, and it went great. The whole ceremony in the end was incredible from Adele, to Beyoncé. Although I didn't win, I was happy Maren won. As I was in the dressing room, I looked at the pictures of Mike and I that Melissa had took and decided to post one to instagram.

"How I ended up snagging this handsome hunk, I'll never know. But I thank God everyday that I did!"

I typed that caption before hitting the post button

MIKE'S POV:

We got back from the Grammy after party and it was around 2am. We stumbled into our hotel room and Carrie kicked her shoes off before standing in front of the full length mirror.

I walked up behind her and placed my hands around her waist and kissed her neck.

"Mmhm, you look gorgeous." I mumbled. She had changed into a shorter minidress for the after party. Let's just say she made it hard to concentrate on anything looking the way she did.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss.

Before you knew it we were on the bed making out. I pulled away when I remembered that we had both discussed waiting.

"We need to stop before this gets too far babe." I said while trying to catch my breath.

"You're right, we almost got carried away. I'm sorry." She said, before getting up to get changed into pyjamas and to take her makeup off.

"Nothing to be sorry about, I quite enjoyed it" I teased. She lay back down on the bed and I gave her a quick peck on the cheek before I felt her push me away.

"Fisher, you need to shave." She said.

I stood up immediately and saluted in front of her.

"Sir yes, sir!" I shouted. I felt a pillow hit my face followed a fit of giggles.

"You're gonna pay for that, Underwood."

A/N:

Super long chapter I know, but I couldn't help it sorry!

Hope you enjoy it guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
21.4K 1.1K 50
-❤-
5.7K 337 13
there's never a good time to say goodbye