Chapter 9 - Goodbye's Hurt The Most

Excuse the grammatical errors, no time to proof-read.

CARRIE'S POV:

"LETS GO PREDATORS! LETS GO PREDATORS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was decked out in Predators apparel, wearing a yellow jersey, with black jeans. I waved my foam finger in the air while adjusting my Nashville Predators baseball cap.

It was second period, and with 2 minutes left. None of the teams had managed to get on the score board and I could see it was starting to frustrate the players.

The puck whizzed down to bottom of the rink, Fisher passes to Neal and...SCORE! The entire crowd went wild. Neal goal, with an assist from Fisher, 'atta boy.

I looked down towards Mike from the box and he winked up towards me. I smiled at him back and waved my foam finger to show my excitement about his assist.

It got to the third period and the Predators were ahead by 3 points and with 20 seconds left, it was a sure bet that we had won. The crowd was elated. Everyone was waving their hands in the air and some even waving their yellow t-shirts.

And when the horn signalled the end of the game, the crowd screamed even louder than before. Bridgestone Arena was happy tonight.

I joined in with the crowd and screamed along with them. This had been my 3rd game watching Mike play, ever since our date a week and half ago. This is also my last game, before I leave for two weeks to finish the final leg of the Storyteller Tour.

Mike and I had agreed to wait for each other after the game. I sat in the box, and after the crowd of roaring fans had disappeared into the lobby, I checked my social media to pass the time. The team were probably celebrating their win and doing interviews, and I didn't want to get ambushed by roaring fans.

After waiting for about half an hour, I decided to head to the locker room, and as I was walking down, there I saw Mike.

He was wearing sweatpants with and under armour t-shirt and a towel round his neck, as he had just showered. I walked up to him and smacked him lightly on the chest.

"Great game, Fish" I teased playfully. He smiled at me back before taking my hand in his and walking towards his car in the parking lot.

"You know what, Care?" He looked at me.
"What?" I replied hesitantly. "I think you really are my good luck charm, we've these past 4 games and you've been at all of them." He said, as he kissed my hand.

"Well you're good luck charm isn't going to be here for the next 2 weeks, so you better step up your game mister." I smiled. I leant my head on his chest as we got into the parking lot.

"I'll take that as a challenge, Underwood." He smirked. We walked to his car in a comfortable silence and when we got in, he turned the radio on and started driving towards Brentwood.

It was a 40 minute drive to Brentwood and during those 40 minutes, Mike rest his hand on the top of my thigh, and my hand rested on his hand.

Silence lingered on the car journey home and all that we could hear was the radio playing in the background.

For the past week and half, Mike and I had spent ever waking moment together we could. Having lunch, cooking each other dinner, watching movies and tv series. He had quickly become my best friend.

The idea of not seeing him in person for two weeks was too hard for me to comprehend. A tear escaped my eye and rolled down my face. I secretly wiped it away, hoping Mike wouldn't notice.

"Hey? What's up?" He noticed, darn him and his great peripheral vision.

"Nothing, don't worry. Focus on the road, Mike." I turned and smiled at him to reassure him.