Chapter 3 - Good in Goodbye

THREE MONTHS LATER:

MIKE'S POV:

"Nic, will you just calm down!" I sighed and told my girlfriend.

For the past 3 months, Nic and I had constantly been arguing. The other week she walked out during dinner because I didn't kiss her when she got home from work.

"Mike, I can't calm down! Not when you haven't been here for the past couple of months. She sighed with frustration and ran her hands through her hair.

"What do you mean, Nic? I've been here everyday! Of course I'm here!" I started to raise my voice as I got angrier.

"Well then act like it, Mike! Your eyes don't sparkle anymore, and you don't smile as big." She sat down, and looked down at her lap.

I admit that I have been absent for the past 3 months or so. I sat down at the edge of the bed and looked towards my girlfriend, who looked upset.

It was when I looked her in eyes, we both knew that it was over.

"Is this it?" She looked at me, with slight hope. She fidgeted with her hands and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I think so." I pushed myself off the edge of the bed and walked over to my now ex-girlfriend. I pulled her up and gave her a hug.

"Thank you for the past couple of years, Nic. There was a time where I loved you, and you made me smile just by walking in the room. I will never forget how you made me feel. But it's time." I gave her a hug and kissed her forehead.

"It's been sweet, Mike. Thank you for everything. And good luck with your life, you deserve someone great." She smiled at me and pulled away from the hug.

"You too, Nic. You deserve someone who's willing to give you the world." I smiled and shoved my hands in my pocket.

"I'll have my stuff out before the end of the week. Goodbye, Michael." She turned around and walked down the stairs, and when I heard the door shut, I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Bye, Nicole."

The moment was bittersweet. I felt like this relationship for the past months have been holding me down, I haven't really seen us getting anywhere. But at the same time, it's Nic. She was my best friend, and I loved her. But what we did was right. It was right.

I guess there sometimes is a good in goodbye.

CARRIE'S POV:

It was Friday night, and I was watching the latest episode on walking dead on the couch, with my two dogs snuggled against me, when I heard my phone vibrate.

I grabbed the remote to pause the TV, before looking at my phone.

"I have Nashville Preds tickets for us tomorrow. You down?" I got a text from my friend Mark, who was a big fan of hockey.

And since I wasn't doing anything tomorrow night, I may as well be social instead of watching The Walking Dead all day.

"Sure, I'm down. See you tomorrow" I sent back, and almost immediately I heard my phone buzz again.

"SWEET! See you tomorrow!" I turned my phone off and sat back down on the couch.

Well, tomorrow is going to be interesting.

A/N:
I know this is quite short, but I've already written the next chapter and it's quite long, so it balances out!