Chapter 13 - Grammy's

Buckle up, it's a long chapter!

CARRIE'S POV:

"What time is your flight coming in on Sunday, babe?" I asked Mike as I was applying my mascara. I had flown out a week earlier to rehearse with Keith for 'The Fighter', Mike was flying out on the day to join me for the night.

"It's coming in at around 9 in the morning, I've got a car picking me up, so you don't have to worry about picking me up." He reassured me.

"Are you sure? I don't mind, it's no trouble babe." I asked while moving on to applying my lipstick.

"Positive. It's Grammy day. Big day, I don't want you worrying about anything else." I stopped applying my lipstick and looked in the mirror to make sure everything looked good.

"You know me too well." I giggled and picked up the phone and walked over to my window at the hotel.

"Ooh, where did you want me to pick up your suit from again?" I asked. Mike had asked me earlier in the week to pick up a suit he had sent over to wear.

"The Armani on Rodeo Drive, babe." He answered.

"Ooh Armani, getting a bit fancy, Fisher?" I teased and giggled over the phone as I walked over to the window to stare at the blue skies and palm trees outside my hotel room.

"Well I've got to look good, especially since I'm going to be standing next to my smokin' hot date for most of the night" he teased back, it was as if I could hear his smirk through the phone.

"You have a way with your words, Fisher" I smiled and blushed. Mike and I talked for 10 more minutes before my assistant knocked on my door to say it was time to leave for rehearsals. We said our goodbye's and we both headed off our separate ways.

I headed off to Staples Centre where the Grammy's were being held. As I was walking backstage to my dressing room, I bumped into Keith Urban.

"Hey Carrie! Ready to rock this duet?" He playfully punched my arm.

"Is that even a question? I'm ready to rock all day, everyday." I joked before walking back to the dressing room. As I was walking, I bumped into several other artists like James Corden, who was hosting.

"Hey James!" I shouted out.

"Carrie! How are you doing?" He walked over and gave me a brief hug. James and I had previously met at the Grammy's last year as we were sat together for the ceremony.

"I'm doing good! You're gonna kill it tonight!" I reassured him, as I could see he looked a bit nervous.

"Aw, thanks man! Oh, while you're here, how do you feel about doing Carpool Karaoke with me?" He asked.

"Me? Carpool Karaoke?" I asked with wide eyes. I had seen carpool Karaoke, and I had wanted to do one for a while.

"Yeah! Since you're finished touring it would be a great way to end the tour , also gives me an excuse to sing with you!" He explained. His logic was right, it would be great way to say goodbye to the Storyteller Era, and I'm sure the fans wouldn't mind it either.

"Absolutely! Let's do it! Just call my people and we can get it sorted out!" I exclaimed. We exchanged a couple more pleasantries before he had to head to the stage to rehearse.

When I finally reached my dressing room, I sat down in the chair and breathed a sigh of relief. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body. The calm before the storm.

GRAMMY DAY - SUNDAY

When they're tryna to get to you
Baby, I'll be the fighter