Chapter 7 - Date Night

A/N: LONG TIME NO SEE!
Buckle up because this is an extra long chapter! Also, excuse any mistakes, I had no time to proofread.

CARRIE'S POV:

I woke up the next day at around 10, with a smile on my face. Waking up happy is becoming a habit when I'm around Mike.

I went about my normal day, I had my breakfast and I got ready to head to the grocery store for a while to restock on some snacks. After applying some light makeup and putting on my Calia leggings and a white t-shirt, I grabbed my keys and headed to the grocery store.

As I parked my car in a free parking space, I felt my phone buzz, I saw Mike's name and immediately smiled.

"Good morning, have a great day, Care! See you at 7:)"
-Mike

Now I'm not going to lie, but I'm excited for this date with Mike tonight, it's been a while since I've felt giddy.

"Morning Mike! I'll see you then;)"
-Carrie

My last relationship with Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo, didn't end so well. We ended up constantly arguing and fighting with each other, our relationship started to feel toxic after a while, so I made a decision to end it.

I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed my purse and headed into the grocery store.

After I had gotten everything I needed, I went back home and put everything away. I looked at the time and saw I had 5 more hours until my date with Mike.

I picked up my phone and started to text Mike

"So what do you suggest I wear for our date tonight? Something dressy or casual?"
- Carrie

I locked my phone and put it aside before switching on the TV and watching some re-runs of ''Modern Family." After about 10 minutes I felt my phone buzz.

"Good question Ms. Underwood! Wear something dressy for tonight, but pack something comfortable to wear as well!"
- Mike

Something comfortable as well?! Where was Mike taking me tonight.

"Any chance you're gonna tell me what you're planning, Fisher?"
-Carrie

Within a couple of seconds I received a text message back.

"No way! Remember, good things come to those who wait, Underwood.
-Mike

I sent him a smiley face back and locked my phone and turned my attention back to the TV.

Before I knew it, I was waking up on the couch and it looked almost dark outside. I checked the time and it was almost 5:30pm. Crap! I needed to start getting ready for my date with Mike.

MIKE'S POV:

I had gotten Carrie to text me her address so I could go and pick her up, turns out we live 10 minutes away from each other, since we both live in Brentwood.

It was nearing 6:45pm, so I got ready to head out. I looked in the mirror one last time. I was wearing a John Vervatos suit with a white Gucci dress shirt. I ran my hand through my hair once more and grabbed my keys before heading out.