Kaibee The Homeless Girl

Autorstwa Tyfinessequeen

No smiles 'round here Kaibee Coleman is a high school drop out, who was kicked out of her home once her mothe... Więcej

A Good Deed
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

Just a nobody

4.6K 117 31
Autorstwa Tyfinessequeen

Kaibee Joshua Coleman

My dirty shoes drag against the ground as I walk towards the park. Another night with no food or warmth. It gets old begging strangers for change all day. I'd be lucky if I ended up with at least a dollar to buy a burger from Mc Donald's or something anything to settle my stomach from the pain. My skin is on fire from this cold air blowing against it.

Hi . my name is kaibee.

I was kicked out my house about a year ago, You see my mother died of lung cancer and left everything to my step dad. He was never a nice man. So I'm not surprised he kicked me out my own home, not before moving in his babymama of course. She was nice but even she couldn't stop him from putting me out. She's too afraid of him.

It was starting to sprinkle just great! I picked up my pace on the wet streets of La. Usually I would sleep in the homeless shelter when it rains but I don't like to because its really scary with all them grown men there. Overall I know this neighborhood is kinda safer than others. That's why I caught the train just to get here. My stomach did a loud growl as I climbed inside the park slide for shelter. I closed my eyes in irritation as my stomach pleaded for food. The light sounds of the rain tapped on the slide calming my nerves a bit. I lie on my back saying a prayer to myself.

"Father God,

Thank you for every single thing you have done for me these past few months . Please bless me with food tomorrow and hopefully a friend. It gets kinda lonely........ I mean who would wanna talk to me I stink, literally." I laugh to myself. I like to think God has a since of humor too.

" ... But how are things in heaven? Tell my mother I love and miss her. ..... Um bless me financially, I know you understand the situation I'm in Father God. Love you amen " I yawn and drift off to sleep.

My eyes start to flutter open as I hear singing coming from outside the slide. "I guess the rain finally stopped"I thought to myself.

I rub my eyes with the end of my stinky Christmas sweater.

"Cuz I need someb-"

"Stop just. Stop. Listen, take it from the top and loosen up man. make the song yours" I hear a loud sigh then silence for a few seconds.

"On a perfect day, I know that I can count on you. When that's not possible Tell me can you weather the storm? Cause I need somebody who will stand by meee
Through the good times and bad times She will always, always be right there

Sunny days,

everybody loves them!

Tell me baby can you stand the rain?
Storms will come This we know for sure .... Can you stand the rain?"

I smile to myself. Can you stand the rain happens to be my favorite song. It was the first song my mother and father danced to, But that was when they were young and in love. My father always sung it to me before bed as a little girl. However the voice I was hearing was beautiful. It sounded different from the original version but surely breathtaking!

"Love unconditional, I'm not asking just of youuuuuu.!
And girl to make it last .....I'll do whatever needs to be done" The beautiful voice continued to sing.

Without realizing I started to sing along "But I need somebody who will stand by me. When it's tough she won't run. She will always

be right there for me

Sunny days,

everybody loves them,
tell me, baby
Can you stand the rainnnnn
Storms will come💙....
This we know for sure .....

But tell me can you stand the raaaain" I sang soulfully. Singing was in my blood I never sing much though.

"Wow! 
A slide sings better than you" A voice says laughing.

"I don't think that's the slide .. Who's there?"

This would be my time to run Kaibee. But I'm way to tired and fat so I simply stay silent.

"Yo. hell nah bruh lets go." I hear them climbing off the park equipment and I say a silent thank you to myself.

"Nah I at least wanna see who voice sound like that" I hear their footsteps getting closer to the slide .

"please don't .. " I speak up.

Silence.

"Are you gonna come out ?" The masculine voice from earlier asks.

"No"

Silence.

I hear a sigh of frustration before I'm dragged out the slide aggressively by my ankle. That's gonna leave a bruise.

The sun blinds me for a second as I attempt to look up at the two strangers in all black.

"Um....... hello" the one who snatched my ankle says. I just stare blankly at the guy as I stand up straight. Like really.

"Do you have a name?" I hesitate to answer. I watch as they both cross their arms in amusement.

" ummm... ummmmmm" damn what's my name again .

"um ?? That's a weird name don't you think ?" the other guy says, I can tell he was the one that was singing. God he's so handsome. He's more slimmer then the other guy. He had his hands in his jean pockets.

"Kaibee" I say just above a whisper.

"Well nice to meet you Kaibee" he reaches his hand to shake mines but I decline, not because I'm shy but because of embarrassment. I haven't washed my hands in decades and I don't want to give this man pink eye or something.

"Nuh quiero estrecharte la mano. Yo podría enfermarte" ( I don't want to shake your hand. I might get you sick sir )

The two men looked at each other then shook their heads.
"Kaibee, do you speak English?"

Yes I do... "nuh" I lie.

"But you can sing in English though right" he smirked . .

"She look black to me" The other guy said, he was more masculine then the other guy but still... handsome also.
People always do that just because I'm black doesn't mean I'm not fluent in another language.
Like for example I'm Jamaican, Mexican and of course Black magic.

I just continued to look back and forth between the two men, To be honest I was hot and sweaty. I just felt sad and uncomfortable at the situation. I mean I was dragged out a slide and now I'm getting asked questions by complete strangers.

"Yo you said you wanted to see who voice it was. What we gone do?" The bigger guy said to the slimmer guy.

The slimmer one took a second and thought "Bro what about yo complex in Pasadena, It's fresh bruh" The slimmer one smirked and rubbed his hands together.

The bigger guy nodded and agreed "Kaibee. It's Obvious your homeless but listen I have an apartment complex in this gated community its yours if you want it. Free of charge until you get on your feet" he seemed sincere in his words and his attitude matched.

Was he serious? I just met him and he's already offering mi a place ta stay. I asked God for something like this but I didn't think it would happen so fast.

"I'm tired. Please Nuh play a joke on mi." I hang my head down embarrassed.  My eyes start to burn thinking about how people teased me in highschool for being homeless. Until one day I got tired and just dropped out.

"This is no joking matter. Come on lets go. I got shit to do Lil girl"and with that they both turned around and started walking.

I follow behind them to this expensive looking car. So far, these men  come off as fine and wealthy. I can tell they both like jewelry because they have a lot on. The ears, the neck, the wrist all covered by some kind of diamond or gold.

I have never felt so poor in my life

I'm now sitting in the back seat of this fancy car. Everything about it screamed luxury. It really made me wonder what they did for a living.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

31.7K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
29.8K 1.4K 19
❝𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘳, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘦, 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴...
82K 5.8K 53
He's wild but doesn't even know what a kiss is. She will show him all, fascinated by his nature and beautiful eyes. Marien will have to team up with...
2.4K 92 15
Their back and better than evaaaa __ read pt1;)