Secret Heart

By JaeMi1

Problems arise as Phun is forced to deal with losing yet another assistant (Is that the 4th or 5th one this y... More

Ch 1: A Toast To Bourbon
Chapter 3: Single & Transferred
Chapter 4: Confused & Hungry... Mostly Hungry
Chapter 5: (Un)Engaged
Chapter 6: Another Interruption

Ch 2: Sooth the Savage Beast

1.1K 94 29
By JaeMi1

Chapter 2: Sooth the Savage Beast

Flashing lights and thumping music fills the club. A thin haze of smoke swirls through the air from fog machines near the stage giving everything a dream-like quality as bodies rock and sway together on the dance floor. In the VIP section, there is a bit more room to breathe but it's no less lively. Phun's lone figure still sits at the corner table sipping bourbon, ignoring most of the activity around him. A few people, who had been attracted by his handsome face, try to flirt with him only to hurry away after one of his piercing glares. He's left alone with his foul mood.

A trill from the drums after the song ends gets everyone's attention, including Phun's who looks up from contemplating the bottom of his glass. A lanky guy with shaggy straight black hair flashes a toothy grin while standing in the center of the stage under a spotlight. He holds up his hands in greeting, then brings the mic to his lips to speak.

"Everyone having fun?" The crowd screams in response but he doesn't seem satisfied with it. "I'm not sure I heard you. This isn't your parent's house, kids. Let me hear you! IS EVERYONE HAVING FUN?"

The crowd screams even louder with whistles and hoots. This response makes the guy laugh and he raises a hand to quiet them down again. As he lets the silence wash over the room, his smile turns a bit mischievous. Even Phun's curiosity is peaked by it.

"I have a special treat for all you good boys and girls. There's a guy here today who was once called the Golden Voice of Friday. He's the ex-President of the Music Club and my good friend, Noh Nawahindakarn!" A spotlight suddenly separates from the stage and whirls out into the crowd, landing on an individual at a table off to one side. From where Phun sits, he has a clear view of a boyishly beautiful face staring slack-jawed up at the stage. The guy's eyes narrow and he rubs a hand through his thick, short black hair.

"Film, what the fuck? When did I agree to this?!" Noh yells over to the guy on the stage, easily heard in the nearly silent room. A wave of laughter from those present follows his outburst.

"Looks like he needs a little convincing, people. Make some noise!" Film raises a fist into the air and shouts with the rest of the crowd before lowering it to settle everyone down again. "The people have spoken, Noh. Time to get up here and give 'em what they want."

"Fine. Fine." Getting shoved towards the stage by the guys at his table, Noh gives in. Phun sits up straighter as he watches the tall lanky form dressed in dark jeans, a white button-down that's open at the collar, jean jacket, and black boots hop up on the stage. The man's voice has a strangely soothing effect on him when he speaks closer to the mic. "You know I don't have anything prepared. What the hell am I gonna sing?"

"We've got you covered, bro. You're gonna slay a few hearts tonight." Leaning forward, Film whispers something into the guy's ear, who rolls his eyes but nods in understanding. They go have a quick conversation with the rest of the band, who also nod in agreement.

There's silence as the guy named Noh takes the mic and stands by himself in the center of the stage with his head bowed down. Phun leans forward, the glass in his hand forgotten as his attention is completely focused on that single person. The music starts off low with a simple melody. When Noh starts to sing, he slowly looks up with a soulful expression and Phun is entranced.

If I cry, will you cry?

Underneath it all my heart, it burns

One goodbye, at that time

My heart will fall into my hands

Sick in love, am I?

I can't understand my mind

The depths of my heart call this love

This comes from me deep inside...

~ "Sick in Love"~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGYD_awvrk

*English cover lyrics are at the end of this chapter*

The ballad is sweet about a forbidden love but the voice is what hits Phun the hardest. Everything that he is worrying about and that made him angry vanishes from his mind. For a few minutes, his soul is wiped clean and the only thing that exists in his world is Noh's voice. Entranced, Phun sets down his glass and moves closer to the stage. Standing to one side and leaning against the edge, he closes his eyes and lets the peaceful feeling wash over him.

When the song ends, Phun is startled back into reality by the loud cheering. A crowd of girls rushes to the side of the stage that Noh was going to exit from after making his bow. Noh backs away with a laugh to avoid the mess of people that not even the friends from his table can get through to save him. He back steps closer and closer to Phun with a wide smile and a wave at his newly acquired fans.

Film raises a hand with shout, trying to warn Noh that he's getting close to the edge, but it's too late. With a wild yelp, Noh missteps and tumbles down... right on top of Phun. Thankfully, Phun had seen what was happening and managed to spread his arms wide just in time to catch him so neither was hurt badly when they hit the floor, just a bruise or two and a whole lot of cussing.

"Oh, shit! Dude, I'm so sorry!" Scrambling up, Noh hurries to give Phun a hand. His smooth, pale cheeks blush a cherry red. "I'm really, really sorry."

"Are you okay?" Looking Noh up and down, Phun continues to hold the hand that helped him stand up. "You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"I'm fine, but I think I should be asking you that. I fell on you, after all." Noh's eyes widen as he gets a good look at the person in front of him. This guy is crazy good looking and obviously in a different class than himself. He notices that their hands are still linked and quickly pulls away. "So, are you? Okay, I mean."

"All parts accounted for." Phun answers with a laugh, relieved that the guy with the amazing voice didn't get hurt.

"Thank God. Again, I'm really sorry for falling for you... I mean, on you." With an apologetic wai, Noh's blush spreads to the tips of his ears as he backs away to leave the VIP section, not being that important of a person himself and his friends are waiting.

Phun laughs before returning the wai with a smile as he watches Noh leave, but it somehow strikes Noh as a sad smile. His eyes, which were clear just a moment before, cloud over and appear lost. Noh stops to watch Phun slowly make his way into the back corner to an empty table with only a single glass and a partial bottle of liquor on it. The guy sits down with a slight wince and pours another glass for himself. Feeling bad for the lonely guy since he did almost crush him to death, Noh makes a quick decision and changes directions to walk straight for the table in the corner without another thought. The people around him chatter as he passes but he ignores it all, focusing instead on his target.

Reaching the table, Noh plops himself down on the couch across the table from its single occupant. Surprised, the person looks over at him in question with the glass held half way to his mouth. Noh snickers at the reaction.

"I know I'm handsome but I've never frozen anyone in their spot before." He grins playfully at the guy across from him. "I'm Noh, by the way."

"Still not as handsome as me and you are the one that 'fell for me' first." Setting the glass back down, Phun smirks making Noh roll his eyes. This is an interesting experience for Phun. Usually, He is very reticent and polite with people. Only a very few of his closest friends have seen the real Phun Phumipat but this guy, without even trying, has won him over instantly. "Phun. Phun Phumipat. Nice to meet you."

"Cocky bastard, aren't you?" Noh grimaces jokingly.

"And you aren't?" Phun raises an eyebrow and stares pointedly at him.

"Probably." Noh acknowledges and leans forward on his knees. "I don't know what your plans are, but do you want to join my friends and me? I feel kinda bad for almost squashing you earlier."

"It's okay. I don't want to interrupt your fun." Waving his hands, Phun rejects the offer though he really doesn't want this guy to walk away just yet. Noh's voice, even when talking, has a way of putting Phun at ease.

"You won't interrupt. It's a celebration for me anyway so I can invite whoever I want." Noh assures him as he stands up.

"What's the occasion?" Still not wanting to rudely crash Noh's party, Phun stays sitting.

"Just got a new job," Noh says proudly, clearly excited about this development in his life. "So the guys decided to take me out for some fun before I start work on Monday."

"Congrats." Picking up his half empty glass, Phun raises it in a toast.

"Thanks. So, you wanna join us? It'll be a blast. Just watch out for Ohm. He's my best buddy but he can be kind of an asshole." Pausing to glance back at the table of his friends who are having what looks to be a rowdy time in the large crowd, Noh reconsiders his last statement. "Actually, they are all assholes. Just ignore most of the shit they say and you'll be fine."

"Tell you what, since it's a celebration, why don't you bring your friends over here?" With a tilt of his head, Phun indicates the nearly empty area of the VIP section they are standing it. "There's a lot more room and seating so it'll be more comfortable."

"Can we?" Excitement lights up Noh's eyes but then dims slightly. "Are you sure that will be okay? I don't want to get you in trouble with the management or anything."

"Don't worry. It'll be fine." Standing up, Phun rests a hand on Noh's shoulder for a second. "Go get your friends and bring them over. I'll clear it with the staff."

Without waiting for an answer, Phun walks over the bar to talk to the bartender leaving Noh standing there more than a bit puzzled by this turn of events. He shrugs his shoulders and figures the guys will freak when he tells them. Plus, since they started talking, that lost look in Phun's eyes that had pulled Noh to talk with him more had disappeared. For some reason, he really doesn't want to see it come back so he heads over to collect his friends.

***********************************

SICK IN LOVE (English Cover Lyrics)

If I cry, will you cry?

Underneath it all my heart,

it burns One goodbye, at that time

My heart will fall into my hands

Sick in love, am I?

I can't understand my mind

The depths of my heart call this love

This comes from me deep inside

Will you just stay with me?

I know it's hard, but please

Long before I met you love was just a game

But not anymore, you've unlocked the door

No matter what they say without you my heart hurts

Our love it can't be Is what they tell me

Will you... will you... help me

Find a way to your arms

In my eyes, you can't hide

How you look at me it speaks the truth

One wrong turn, one wrong turn

Our hands may touch but eyes can't meet

Sick in love, am I?

I can't understand my mind

The depths of my heart call this love

This comes from me deep inside

Will you just stay with me?

I know it's hard, but please

Long before I met you love was just a game

But not anymore, you've unlocked the door

No matter what they say without you my heart hurts

Our love it can't be

Is what they tell me

Will you... will you... hold me

Will you just stay with me?

[ooh]

Will you just stay with me?

I know it's hard, but please

Long before I met you love was just a game

But not anymore, you've unlocked the door

No matter what they say without you my heart hurts

Our love is set free

My love don't leave me

Will you... will you... hold me

Keep me in your arms

Sick in love, am I?

————————————————————-

- A/N -

Needless to say, it sometimes takes a while to write these and I appreciate everyone's patience and encouraging words.

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this latest chapter.
Please let me know what you think and make the star shine.

                                                -Jae-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307 5 8
"Eric said my eyes are cool, and he said he thought I look beautiful" five year old Christian said "I'm going to marry Eric when I'm older!" He decl...
14.8K 683 10
This is a boy x boy fan fiction. Don't like gay love then move on. This isn't the story for you. There will be cursing in this story. If you don't li...
36 5 8
Noah moved to a new town just a few weeks before school starts back up again. He meets a few people on his bus and they end up best friends. One of t...
202K 8.5K 38
[COMPLETE] Tine was not into dudes. Seriously, he wasn't. But looking at Sarawat on that dimly stage, the yellow back lights softening his features w...