Friends With Benefits

By GoddessOfAphrodite

Lin and Jake had been friends with benefits since high school. After awhile they decided its not right anymor... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
READ!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
ANNOUNCEMENT
Epilogue
HELLO

Chapter 8

70.2K 786 31
By GoddessOfAphrodite

Chapter 8- Well, this is awkward

When I woke up I immediately knew it wasn't my room. The walls were beige and it was awfully cold.

I shivered and hugged the comforter closer to my body. At the sudden movement I felt someone beside me. Feeling my heart beat increase, I slowly turned to look who was sleeping beside me.

Beside me was a guy sleeping on his front with his arm wrapped around me. How can I not notice this?

"Oh shit," I muttered as soon as I saw who was beside me.

I looked at what I was wearing but was disappointed when I saw nothing.

"Shit shit shit," I chanted as I slowly stood up from the bed and looked around for my clothes.

"Great, Lin. Fucking with Jake? For real?"

I was already in my jeans and bra as I kept on muttering insults to myself.

"Really? Screwing Jake." I groaned.

"What?"

I jumped up, startled by the voice. As soon as I calmed down I started to panic.

"Shit, what did we do, Angel?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes even though I had my back on him. "We played twister," I answered sarcastically as I turned to face him.

He was already standing up and zipped his jeans up. "Well, that's one hell of a game."

"This is serious," I murmured.

"Hey, chill. It's just one night-"

"Jake! We fucking did it again!" I snapped slipping my shirt on.

"And it won't happen again," he said confidently.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Does all of this seem like it happened before?

Jake's eyes widen in realization and sat himself on the bed. "Shit. That's exactly what you said and that's exactly my answer."

"We are so not fucking anymore."

Jake's head snapped up looking at me. "With the way you were screaming my name-"

"Shut up, Jake!"

He chuckled.

When his light laughter died down the room was in complete uncomfortable silence.

Why the hell did I do this again? And how can I stop this from happening over and over again.

"Well, I'm going home," I said lightly.

Jake nodded his head. "Yeah, let me just-"

"Nope. I'm getting a cab on the way home."

Jake nodded his head without any arguments.

I walked out of the room letting out a huge breath.

I certainly need a Jake free day.

I didn't take a cab like I said I would, instead I walked towards the nearest coffee shop I could see and just sat with one coffee with me.

I was so angry at myself. How can I even let myself cave in again? The last time this happened nothing good turned out! Why did I even let Jake be my fake husband?

"Hey," a low voice said.

I looked at the direction of the voice and saw a man probably a year older than me. He was handsome but not as handsome or hot like Jake.

Shit. Why am I comparing?

"Hi," I said.

He smiled at me holding two donuts. "Mind if I join you?"

I shook my head.

"Um, I'm Vince," he said.

"Lin."

We shook hands.

"This is for you since I kinda shared a table with you." He passed me a plate of chocolate donut.

I chuckled. "Thank you."

I love sweets. So immediately this guy got on my good side.

"So how old are you, if you don't minds me asking?" He asked shyly.

"I'm 19."

He chuckled. "I'm 22."

"Wow. I thought you were in my age or a year older."

He shook his head with a smile on his face. He was handsome. His green eyes, red hair, good nose and lips.

We talked for a good 15 minutes before he scrunched up his nose.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

His gaze left mine and was directed to something at my back.

"There's this girl taking pictures. I thought first it was nothing but this is probably the 6th time she took pictures," he explained.

Pictures?

I turned around and immediately greeted by a flash coming from the girl's phone.

Why the hell would they take a picture of me?

That's when it hit me.

"Shit," I muttered before standing up abruptly.

"What?" He asked and stood up too.

"I have to go. Thank you for the company."

I quickly went out of the cafe and started walking briskly.

I'm so getting labeled as a slut tomorrow. I'm sure I'll get hates. And Jake's gonna scream at me and Tracey would be showing up.

Damn it.

"Hey, Lin. Wait up!"

I stopped and saw Vince catching up with me. "What are you doing?"

"I didn't get your number. You're too busy ditching me."

I rolled my eyes. "Just so you know I'm getting married soon."

"Married? You're 19."

"And?"

He thought about it before frowning. "Being friends wont hurt, right?"

"Yeah."

"So number? Just for the benefit of being friends." He smiled before handing out his phone to me.

I took it and placed my number, still feeling panicky.

"So why did you leave like someone was following you?" he asked as we started to walk.

"Um, an image to protect?" I said reluctantly.

"What? Why was that girl taking a picture of us? Wait, are you famous?"

I sighed.

"Not me. My boyfriend."

I wanted to choke on my own spit and vomit everything I ate. Boyfriend? Jake? I sarcastically laughed internally.

Yeah, laugh all you want, Lin. Last time I checked you were screwing him.

Damn it. I still have to deal with that later.

Vince looked at me for a while before looking like he recognize me. "You're dating Jake Grey?"

"How do you know him?"

Stupid question.

"He's famous. Plus he proposed to his girlfriend in NYU. My sister was there."

My cheeks blushed. Damn.

"Wow. I was hitting on a rockstar's girl," he stated.

I laughed. "You said you just wanted to be friends."

"Yeah but that wasn't the first intention."

I shook my head with an amused smile on my face.

I felt my phone rang from my back pocket. Taking my phone out I read the caller I.D.

Jake

Damn.

"I have to take this," I told Vince.

He nodded his head.

"Hey."

"Lin, get here now. I let you leave and now there's trouble?"

I groaned inwardly. "Fine but it's not trouble, Jake."

I hung up before he could respond.

"Hey, I have to go back home. I'll see you around."

"Okay. See you around, friend?" Vince said sticking his hand out for me.

"Friend." I shook hands with him before getting a cab.

-*-*-*-

I stared at Jake as he blabbered on and on. Honestly, I was too angry and annoyed to even listen at him. He stopped talking and plopped himself on my computer chair.

"Are you done talking?" I asked.

He glared at me but nodded his head.

"Okay. My turn. And I want you to shut up. First, I wasn't slutting around! How could you say that, Jake?"

The truth was it really hurt me when he said that.

"Second, can't I make friends? Yes, I understand that the media or even your fans has their eyes on us but rumors spread. Have a little faith in me, please?"

His eyes softened and seemed to understand my point.

"And yes, I was out with a guy awhile ago. His name is Vince. I was upset and the cafe was full so shared a table with me. He offered me a donut and you out of all people should know that I love sweets. I can't reject that offer. I didn't do anything bad. I didn't flirt with him. We just talked. And I certainly did not sleep with him."

When I was finished I was fuming.

Gosh, Jake infuriates me so much.

I looked at him as he stared at me. The room was filled with silence and tension. I noticed his heated gaze then flashes of what happened last night crossed my mind.

Shit.

He was certainly all over me.

I shifted uncomfortably on my bed. Damn. Damn.

He was so hot.

I shook my head. Now is not the time.

"Okay. I'm sorry," Jake finally said.

"Thank you."

We stayed like that. Both shifting uncomfortably but neither of us left the room.

"Well-" we both said at the same time, cutting each other off.

"Go ahead," he said before that I could.

My cheeks flamed. What I was about to say was awkward and embarrassing.

I took a deep breath and willed myself to calm down and just get it done. "What are we going to do?"

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"Jake, we had sex last night. We're doing it again," I muttered, feeling my cheeks blush.

Jake cleared his throat obviously feeling the awkwardness. "We did this before. I think we can do this again."

"So... let's pretend it didn't happen?"

Jake opened his mouth but closed it. "Yeah. Let's act normal."

He smiled at me but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

-*-*-*-

Here yah go! Yay!

Thank you for reading mah story!

Vote? Comment? Follow? Promote?

Thank you!!

Always smile :)

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 20 9
Emily and Jake have been together since he moved in to her house after the death of his parents. They're serious about each other and everyone knows...
447 4 40
As a former student, now grown up, starts a new job as a counselor at the high school she went to, she soon discovers she has become attracted to a f...
118 10 15
She is in relationship with Jake. He is Jake's childhood friend. She loves him. He loves her. How can it be? Why? What is going to happen? Who's go...
4.4K 169 34
Morgan and her friends Alyssa and Layla just graduated high school in the state of Pennsylvania in the U.S and got scholorships for University of L...