Death Snatcher{Continuing}

ChoxolateKing által

It all starts with a dead body found in the park and escalates to something greater and bigger... A dark pres... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Park
Chapter 2 - The Middle Of Nowhere
Chapter 3 - Grave Danger
Chapter 4 - The Grave
Chapter 5 - Lost But Found{Part 1}
Chapter 6 - Grim Reaper
Chapter 7 - Lies
Chapter 8 - Bad Memories
Chapter 9 - Giovannni
Chapter 10 - BOSS
Chapter 11 - Lost But Found{Part 2}
Chapter 13 - Francesca
Chapter 14 - Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Mountain Bike
Chapter 16 - Masquerade
Chapter 17 - Death is at the Door
Chapter 18 - A Past Forgotten??
Update Note

Chapter 12 - Remember Me

23 2 0
ChoxolateKing által

Chapter 12 - Remember Me

Update Note

SORRY for keeping you all waiting, I have been very busy with school and all. But now I have more time on my hands. Hope you enjoy it.

___________________##___________________

Previous chapter...

~Detective Cohen's POV

I drove back home and went through my things to look for the usb drive Renick gave me. Nowhere, it was not where I left and I couldn't find it. That was strange I remember putting it in my laptop bag. I searched again and found it. But when I looked for the files Renick put on there was nothing, absolutely nothing. That was weird they were there the day I used it. I phoned Renick.

"Hello Officer Renick"

"Yes Cohen it's 2 in the morning what do you want?"

"Do you have the files you gave me earlier"

"Yes why"

"I need them"

"For what"

"My investigation"

"Ok come at 7:00pm today"

"Ok thanks"

_________________________________________

~Detective Cohen's POV

I woke up and got dressed for the day. I needed to get at least one bit of evidence, even if it is a speck of dust I'm willing to investigate into it. I spoke to Brian about the investigation and he gave his advice on it. He said that it would partly make sense that they killed David because he might've figured something out that would affect the terrorist in such a way that would make him a target. I decided to go visit Mary again to see how she was doing. I knocked once and the door immediately opened as if she was expecting someone.

"Hello Detective come in"

"Hello Mary"

"Your son was good man, I'm glad to have had time to spend time with him"

"Ok"

"Ever since we were childhood friends he had something to prove to the world"

Then out of the blue.

"Did you really kill his mother?"

"Yes, I wasn't thinking right at the time, I drank too much and smoked and then one night I just went out of control and killed her. I won't justify what I did by saying that I was drunk but I will say that to this day I regret it and would take back everything that happened if I could."

Silence. Dead silence.

"Ok thank you for coming here Detective I really appreciate you coming here"

"Ok thanks"

I went back home. I switched the TV on and realised I left it at BBC.

"Tuesday night the Giovannni Hospital in Giovannni was bombed, no survivors were found on the fifth floor where the bomb was located but there a few survivors who made it out of the hospital before the flames caused by the bomb burnt down the hospital. The bodies of Dave Chille, Mariah Revington and David Liber were found. A search will be sent to find more bodies. Specifications on why the building was on fire within minutes the bomb exploded were said or found. But one thing is certain whoever set this bomb was successful in destroying the hospital."

Brian was right in order for David to be a target he must've done something but the biggest question is what.

I decided to visit the hospital to find out more on the bombing but nobody reported anybody coming in. Then it dawned on me, why would the killer put a bomb in a hospital on the same floor David was on. David must've figured something but what.

I took a nap......

I was driving to the hospital and when I arrived the building exploded but this time it was different there was a person clearly standing at the end of the floor where the bomb exploded...where David was. Then that person suddenly fell. I ran to where the person fell and the person was lying on a car. They were unconscious from the looks of it. Then I recognised who it was... The black hair, the tall figure everything. It was David he was badly bruised from the bombing and also from the car incident. I approached him...

"David are you okay?"

"Yes don't worry" he coughed "but there's...something...urgent...I...need...to...tell...you"

"Hey take it easy you're badly bruised"

"The...person who's...been...Killing...the people, the...Person...who...might...be...behind...the...bombing...and...Killing...of...Natasha...Hurly is Mr..."

I rubbed my neck because it was itching. Then I felt something wet. It was thick; I looked at my hands to see that it was blood. I was bleeding in my neck, I felt my neck again and it felt like a bullet hole. Somebody shot me in my neck. Then I blacked out.

Then I woke up suddenly. I don't know what that was but it was a bad dream. But it felt so real the bullet hole the blood it felt so real... I checked the alarm 6:35 pm. I needed to get ready for the meeting. I showered and got dressed. Then I went to the police station.

Arriving at the station I went to his office and nobody was there as usual, so I waited one hour, two hours and half an hour when Renick came bolting in the door but with someone, someone who didn't need a introduction.

I just stared at her

"Hi remember me"

"I'll never forget"

She looked at me with those green eyes from when we were young that amazed me, that still amazed me to this day.

"I didn't know you were going to come here"

"Well here I am"

"Sorry to interrupt the chit chat but we've got something major we need to speak on"

I stared one more time at her then diverted my attention to Renick.

"Yes...we do?"

"Rebecca here will be joining you on the investigations"

"But you said it would be perfectly fine if I handled it"

"Yes well that was till I found out you have nothing on the crime scenes absolutely nothing"

"Well for the record I do have something but I don't have evidence"

"Then get me evidence"

"Oh yes and I'm sorry to find out about David" he said

"Yes it's very tragic"

"By the way here's the list of survivors at the Memories Cafe, David said he needed it I don't know for what"

"David?"

"Yes he said he needed it for the investigation but I thought he did it to get the names for you or something"

Why would David need it? Did he try to find something out without my say? Could he have been investigating something?

"Ok thanks' for the names"

"Cohen I need to talk to you about something later" Rebecca said

Knowing that it was about the investigations, I said yes.

"Meet me at BridgeWay Cafe tomorrow"

"Ok see you there"

The following afternoon...

"I heard about David, I'm so sorry"

The cars were rustling about late at night, despite this place called BridgeWay Cafe it still served people late at night. Which made it one of the main attractions in BridgeWay.

"I know it was bad but there's one thing that I want to know, why would they bomb the hospital"

"I'm guessing it was to prevent David from finding out more, these people are very cunning and know how to prevent getting caught. The FBI and CIA are investigating the hospital but I doubt they'll find any evidence. I want to know why you aren't joining them for the investigation"

"Rebecca I just don't want to talk about it right now"

"Ok I understand"

We ate in silence for a few minutes.

"So how fun was Hollywood"

"Besides catching the everyday thief and working on the shoot, it was fun"

Ever since the incident that happened at Northwing Hotel we've been avoiding each other and she went to Hollywood and worked with the FBI and police there. She also was a model, well a retired model but they still needed her so she went in for some shoots.

"Cohen whenever you are ready to work on the case tell me"

"Tomorrow at my place, I need to fetch some things"

"Well I must get to bed I'm tired anyways"

"Ok bye"

"Bye"

________________________________________|||_____________________________________

Author Comment:

Who is Rebecca and what history does she have with Cohen (The history of Rebecca and Cohen will continue in the next five chapters). Stay tuned for our next chapter.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.6K 104 44
His best friend is shot dead, and the world thinks Metropolitan Police Officer George Reynolds did it. They were in the one place that should've been...
38.2K 1.7K 22
𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚊𝚋𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎. 《》《》 It'd b...
208 0 16
Eileen remembered that night her brother Damon disappeared: She was waiting for him to come home so she could watch the movie he made at school. He n...
429K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...