Face Your Demons

By littleredhearts

"Some days, I wish things turned out differently." He embraced his demons and became a legend. She ran away f... More

cast
prologue
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
thank you
update: goodbye wattpad, hello twitch

one

2.7K 101 18
By littleredhearts

May - 2016

"Luna, the hottest free agent in the pro wrestling world." My older brother Jonas smiled as he walked by me. I sat at the table in his home in Lake Tahoe in America.

He moved there soon after he graduated high school, and now he studies the wildlife in the area. It wasn't the lifestyle I or my other brother, Sebastián, would have chosen, but it made him really happy. It brought me joy that he could find happiness in such a simplistic lifestyle.

"I'm not free yet, Jo. I still have my last match for Ring Of Honor, and then I'm up for grabs." I took a sip of my coffee as he took some eggs out of the fridge and started to make breakfast for himself.

"I can still see the headlines now." He joked, getting a giggle out of me.

My last match was set to happen in Concord, North Carolina at ROH Best in the World against Taeler "Hendrix" Conrad-Mellen. The contract I had with the company for the past two years was expiring soon, so after that I was up for grabs for any company that wanted me.

Honestly, I was thankful for the little time off I would be getting until I found a new job. I planned on going back home to Sóller in Mallorca to spend some time with my family. It'd been a bit since I've been home, so I wanted to spend as much time with them as I could while I waited.

"So, if you had to pick any company in the world that you'd like to wrestle for next, who would it be?" Jonas asked from the stove as he scrambled his eggs.

"Simple: WWE. I think that's every wrestler's goal, to make it to that big of a league." I answered immediately. Of course, I've thought of that question many times since the company told me my contract was expiring. It's the one place I've wanted to end up since I started my career. And making it there would mean way more than what it's worth; there's a huge personal aspect to it as well.

"By the looks of it, a lot of your indie friends ended up there." He noted.

I nodded. Those like Claudio "Cesaro" Castagnoli, Rami "Sami Zayn" Sebei, Kevin "Owens" Steen, Rebecca "Becky Lynch" Quin, and Benjamin "Neville" Satterley all made names for themselves on their smaller promotion, NXT, before being moved up to the WWE main roster. I hoped that I would be joining them. However, there was one person I feared of crossing paths with once again.

Fergal Devitt.

Now under the name Finn Bálor, my once friend has seen a slew of success in his WWE career. He was the longest reigning NXT champion and he's put on some of the best showings the company has seen. He was definitely trying to work his way up to the main roster with the draft in a couple months.

To this day, I cringed at the sound of his name. When I left New Japan, I intended on leaving the memories there and starting new when I headed to Ring Of Honor. However, the memories followed, and as I continued through my career, they hurt more and more.

I sighed and rested my head on my hands, tears threatened to form as I thought about the past. Jonas noticed my change in mood, so he came around and wrapped me in a hug.

"Sorry, I forgot it's hard to talk about that kind of stuff with you."

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It's okay."

Deep down, I knew I needed to move past what he did to me, but there was a part of me that just couldn't; it hurt too much to.

"The following contest is a Women Of Honor's match scheduled for one fall." The announcer called from the center of the ring as the fans started to get rowdy for the evening of matches ahead of them.

(Here's what Luna's attire looks like.)

In the gorilla position, I finished wrapping up my wrists with black tape as Taeler took her position in front of the curtain. Before her music started, she turned back towards me and gave a small smile.

"It's an honor that I get to be your last opponent here. Thank you for the opportunity."

"It's my pleasure. Thank you for accepting. This is going to be great." I smiled back and placed the roll of tape on a nearby table. I watched her smile brighten before she headed past the curtains.

I then took my position behind them and waited for my music to hit. I shook out my arms and hopped on the balls of my feet as I waited for my cue. Lowering my head, I closed my eyes and waited. Finally, as my music started up, I pushed past the curtain with a smile on my face. (Play the music from the beginning now.)

The lights went out with only the music playing. Along the entrance, purple and white lights flashed to the beat of the song. When the lyrics started, the lights rose to me standing in the center of the stage. I raised my hand over my head and pointed a finger. A smirk graced my face under my mask as I strutted my way down to the ring.

"And her opponent: from Sòller, Mallorca, Spain, this is Luna."

The fans booed as I slid onto the ring apron. One leg was straight to the side while the other was bent underneath me. I pulled down the mask from my face, exposing my smirk to the fans. I gave them a wink before dipping into the ring between the middle and top rope. Climbing the turnbuckle, I pointed above my head, taking in the reaction of the crowd. Once I hopped down, I removed my leather jacket and stuck the mask in the pocket before giving it to the stagehand.

Before the match started, the ref called both of us towards the middle to shake hands as the "Code of Honor". Both Taeler and I were hesitant to approach one another peacefully. Slowly, we extended our hands towards one another and shook, pulling our hands back immediately afterwards. After he checked us over, the ref called for the bell and the match was underway.

We circled each other for a moment, keeping a watchful eye on one another. Taeler stopped and raised her hand over her head, a smirk crossing her face. Confused, I stopped as well. The fans started to cheer and urged me to grab her hand. Slowly and warily, I raised my hand to meet hers and we interacted our fingers together. My body was on edge as my mind was racing; I had to be ready at any moment incase she attacked. She then raised her other hand and urged me to grab it as well. I cautiously did, now both out hands were interlaced together.

Our bodies then collided as we shoulder blocked one another, hoping the other letting up. We backed up and hit each other once more, pushing against each other to try to get the advantage. Taeler was slightly stronger than I, so I found myself bridging backwards towards the mat, our hands still connected. The crown of my head pushed into the mat as Taeler continued to show her strength.

Rising back to a standing position, I lifted a leg and kicked her arm down, breaking the hold on my hand. In one fluent motion, I tossed her over my hip and wrapped a tight arm around her neck. Her body squirmed under me, which just led to to apply more pressure. I smirked towards the crowd as she desperately tried to get to the ropes.

As she found a will to get back to my feet, she started to hit me in the stomach until I let her go. When she was free, she rushed towards the ropes and kicked me hard across the face on the way back. She tried for a pin when my body fell to the mat, but I kicked out at one.

I shook my head and made my way back to my feet. However, she found the upper hand by taking me down with a hard forearm and straddling my stomach to hit my head off the mat. The ref insisted she get off of me, which she did, but not before clutching a handful of hair.

"Watch the hair!" He yelled.

Taeler rolled her eyes at him before hitting me with a vicious headbutt. As I laid on the ground, she stepped on my hair and moved her foot away from me, causing it to pull my hair. I yelled out in pain as the ref started to count to five. When she let go, I crawled my way over to the ropes to recuperate.

An evil smirk crossed her face as she made her way over towards me. When she reached for my hair, I countered and tripped her leg, causing her to hit her face hard off the bottom turnbuckle. Some fans cheered at the change in momentum as Taeler held her face.

I made it to my feet, using the ropes for help, and I sized up my opponent to figure out my next attack. As she leaned against the turnbuckles, I rushed towards her and hit her with a Corner Crossbody.

My momentum caused me to slip through the ropes and out to the ring apron. Looking down, Taeler's body laid by the corner. I smirked at the opportunity to take flight. As I climbed the turnbuckle, the fans rose to their seats. Steading myself on the top, I leaped and hit her with a Corkscrew Shooting Star Press. Excitedly, I went for a pin, only for her to kick out at two.

Shocked, I looked at the ref and held up two fingers. He nodded and I groaned.

Taeler slowly reached for the ropes for support as I approached her. Grabbing hold of her, she surprised me with a hard elbow to the face. I stumbled away from her and held my face. Next thing I knew, she looped her arms around my waist and threw me over her in a German Suplex. As my back hit the mat, I was immediately moved back to a standing position only to be Suplexed again. Moving me to a standing position and Suplexing me once more, Taeler switched it up by bridging backwards and turning it into a pin; I just barely kicked out at two.

She started to yell at the ref for not counting fast enough as I slowly made my way towards the ropes. I shook my head of the dizziness as Taeler continued to yell. When she approached me and grabbed me, I hit her with my own elbow. Stunned, she backed off, giving me a moment to recover. As she approached me again, I caught her right under her arm and neck.

"Finished!" I yelled out before flipping backwards and hitting her with a Standing Moonsault Side Slam, or what I like to call "Fin Del Sol". The fans cheered at my abilities as I went for the pin.

"1! 2! 3!" The fans counted alongside the ref and the bell was rung.

"Here is your winner: Luna!" The announcer called from ringside.

Surprisingly, the fans cheered and applauded me as I sat on my knees in the ring. I was still considered a heel, so it was unusual for them to cheer me. Looking around the arena, I noticed staff members and the commentators on their feet applauding me as well. I smiled at the reception as I got to my feet. I thought about the last two years I spent with the company. All the matches I had, all the places I competed, and all the fans I got to entertain. It made me sad that I'd have to wait to entertain the masses until a new company offered me something.

Small tears brimmed my eyes as I looked at the end, but I wiped them away. I climbed the nearest turnbuckle and threw my arm up over my head, pointing to the ceiling. The fans cheered louder as I did that. I closed my eyes and just took in he sounds of it all. After a moment, I opened them and thanked the crowd with applause of my own.

Hopping off the turnbuckle and out of the ring, I started to give high fives to everyone I could. I shook hands with the ring side staff and with the commentators. When I headed back up the ramp, I turned to face the fans once more. A smile graced my face as I pointed upward again, garnering another cheer from the crowd. Before I lowered it, I waved goodbye to the fans and thanked them one last time. Heading backstage, I heard them start to cheer.

"Thank you, Luna!"

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. How'd I do? Let me know in the comments. Anyways, thank you for reading. And until next time, heart you.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 783 50
Fergal Devitt / Finn Balor Fan - Fiction WARNING: This story contain mature subject matter, strong language and sexuality. It may also have triggers...
27.1K 761 58
Y/N Calaway acts strong and tough but deep down she's vulnerable because of her hellish past. She's been best friends with Laurel Kaiden for years bu...
10.8K 292 23
"It is funny that dreams suddenly turned into your worst nightmare and one man could change it back. I thought that I would never be loved again, but...
98.1K 3.3K 34
❝He was everyone else's worst nightmare but her daydream.❞ After Finn Balor left NXT, A new rising talent took his place. Logan Perris had rose up...