one

May - 2016

"Luna, the hottest free agent in the pro wrestling world." My older brother Jonas smiled as he walked by me. I sat at the table in his home in Lake Tahoe in America.

He moved there soon after he graduated high school, and now he studies the wildlife in the area. It wasn't the lifestyle I or my other brother, Sebastián, would have chosen, but it made him really happy. It brought me joy that he could find happiness in such a simplistic lifestyle.

"I'm not free yet, Jo. I still have my last match for Ring Of Honor, and then I'm up for grabs." I took a sip of my coffee as he took some eggs out of the fridge and started to make breakfast for himself.

"I can still see the headlines now." He joked, getting a giggle out of me.

My last match was set to happen in Concord, North Carolina at ROH Best in the World against Taeler "Hendrix" Conrad-Mellen. The contract I had with the company for the past two years was expiring soon, so after that I was up for grabs for any company that wanted me.

Honestly, I was thankful for the little time off I would be getting until I found a new job. I planned on going back home to Sóller in Mallorca to spend some time with my family. It'd been a bit since I've been home, so I wanted to spend as much time with them as I could while I waited.

"So, if you had to pick any company in the world that you'd like to wrestle for next, who would it be?" Jonas asked from the stove as he scrambled his eggs.

"Simple: WWE. I think that's every wrestler's goal, to make it to that big of a league." I answered immediately. Of course, I've thought of that question many times since the company told me my contract was expiring. It's the one place I've wanted to end up since I started my career. And making it there would mean way more than what it's worth; there's a huge personal aspect to it as well.

"By the looks of it, a lot of your indie friends ended up there." He noted.

I nodded. Those like Claudio "Cesaro" Castagnoli, Rami "Sami Zayn" Sebei, Kevin "Owens" Steen, Rebecca "Becky Lynch" Quin, and Benjamin "Neville" Satterley all made names for themselves on their smaller promotion, NXT, before being moved up to the WWE main roster. I hoped that I would be joining them. However, there was one person I feared of crossing paths with once again.

Fergal Devitt.

Now under the name Finn Bálor, my once friend has seen a slew of success in his WWE career. He was the longest reigning NXT champion and he's put on some of the best showings the company has seen. He was definitely trying to work his way up to the main roster with the draft in a couple months.

To this day, I cringed at the sound of his name. When I left New Japan, I intended on leaving the memories there and starting new when I headed to Ring Of Honor. However, the memories followed, and as I continued through my career, they hurt more and more.

I sighed and rested my head on my hands, tears threatened to form as I thought about the past. Jonas noticed my change in mood, so he came around and wrapped me in a hug.

"Sorry, I forgot it's hard to talk about that kind of stuff with you."

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It's okay."

Deep down, I knew I needed to move past what he did to me, but there was a part of me that just couldn't; it hurt too much to.

"The following contest is a Women Of Honor's match scheduled for one fall." The announcer called from the center of the ring as the fans started to get rowdy for the evening of matches ahead of them.