three

For the purposes of this story, I will not be following the actual draft that happened back in 2016 to a tee, the only major differences include the Women's division and Cruiserweight division. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

With the draft coming up, it seemed like the perfect opportunity for the company to debut me. However, they had other things in mind. As they believed I could really shake up the women's division, they wanted to save my appearance for a Monday Night Raw after the draft. Why they wanted to, I didn't know. My contract signing with the company was not put out to the public, only to intensify my debut in the next couple of weeks. I understood what they were trying to do with my character, but I just really wanted to get back into that ring.

One of the next shows was set to take place in Hartford, Connecticut. The company was nice enough to allow me to stay in the same hotel I've been in since I came to the States. For the mean time, I kept up my training at a local gym and even went for runs in a nearby park. I made sure I was in tip-top shape before my debut. I was counting down the days at this point.

I found myself sitting on my bed in front of the television the night of the draft. The company seemed especially stressed during this time, so I was somewhat grateful that they didn't try to rush my debut and have it fall flat. On the other hand, I wish I could've been there to just be in the moment of it all.

As the event started, the four possible general managers walked on the stage. No one knew who would be controlling which show yet. Soon their questions were answered as Shane McMahon and Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson headed to the Raw podium and Stephanie McMahon and Michael "Mick" Foley made their way to the Smackdown LIVE podium. The fans roared in appreciation for the new leaders of the shows.

I grew curious as to who the first picked out be for both brands. However, I was surprised that it wouldn't be one person being drafted, but that it would be two groups of people. Bryan went on to explain that the entire Women's division would be going to Raw since the division was so small and was just starting to get their change in the company; they didn't want to ruin what they had going for them. On the other hand, the entire Cruiserweight division would be going to Smackdown instead of being split between the two.

That news was astronomical. It meant that there was more room for competition in the Women's division and more for the creative team to work with when it came to writing storylines. I grew excited to see what they would be coming up with.

After the excitement died down, the proceeded with the picks. For Raw, Colby "Seth Rollins" Lopez was picked first; Smackdown countered with John Cena. Throughout the picks, the company decided to hold some matches to get the fans excited before the next pick.

At the number three pick, Smackdown went first and picked Goldburg, which garnered a huge pop from the crowd. Raw knew they had to step it up if they wanted to get the fans excited to watch Raw. Much like the fans at the event, I was surprised that their number three pick was none other than Fergal Devitt himself. My whole body froze as I watched the feed change to one down in NXT, the company's developmental grounds, and focus on Fergal, who had the biggest smile on his face.

My heart dropped and I suddenly found it hard to breath. Scrambling for the remote, I instantly shut off the T.V. as I felt tears form in my eyes. I angrily wiped them away with the back of my hand. However, a big sob racked my body and caused more tears to form and fall.

I knew I was bound to cross paths with him at least one point in my career, but now that it was happening, I was terrified. What he did to me back in Japan three years ago I could never forgive him for. All I could do at this point is hide behind my mask and heel persona and try to make the most of things.