five

"SummerSlam: The Biggest Party of the Summer!"

The billboards and social media platforms bared that quote as the event neared. With every event until then, the fans became more and more excited, bringing a energetic atmosphere with them. That made the matches more interesting and fueled the performers in such a way, filling them with this sort of confidence. At this point, I could only imagine what SummerSlam would actually be like.

Sadly, I wouldn't be wrestling that night. What with the Women's Championship match between Ashley and Mercedes and the end tournament for the newly announced Women's Tag Team titles, in which Stephanie Nichole "Nikki Bella" Garcia-Colace and Brianna Monique "Brie Bella" Danielson would be taking on Rebecca and Nattie, they didn't believe another women's match would be in order.

Even though I was upset about not having match, I thought of it as a learning experience as to how a Pay-Per-View event like SummerSlam ran.

With the pre-show starting in an hour, many of us started to occupy the backstage area. Those who were on the pre-show were stretching and getting warmed up, while others hung out in catering and got their bearings.

I sat at one of the tables in catering with Alyx, Pamela, and Alexis, enjoying a little something from the spread they had. Since we didn't have matches tonight, the three didn't seem to have a care in the world. They laughed and enjoyed each others company as I kind of sat off to the side.

"Ferg!" Pam suddenly called out, causing my body to tense up and freeze.

Looking up, I watched her rush out of her chair to meet one of her best friends. One thing I noticed that caused my breath to get caught in my throat was that his parents stood beside them. Memories of meeting them for the first time years ago caused my skin to crawl with goosebumps. Both of them had no idea what happened back in Japan and they still believed us to be good friends.

As Pam greeted them, I noticed them look over at me. Now I was stuck. I didn't want to be rude and run off, but I didn't want to have to fake my feelings in front of them. I just hoped that they wouldn't recognize me.

"Hey, Luna. Come here." Pam encouraged to the smiles of the Devitt's.

I cursed her under my breath before getting up and slowly making my way over to them. My hands started to sweat out of nervousness, which I whipped on my pants before approaching them. His father seemed to light up after seeing me again and his mother smiled sweetly at me, which broke my heart. Her and I had a great relationship before her son and I separated. She told me how she adored me and was glad that Fergal became friends with a kind women like me. Now, it just hurt to see them again without them knowing the harsh reality.

"Luna! It's so good to see you again." His mother pulled me in for a small hug, causing my heart to sink. I forced a smile and hugged her back.

"It's good to see you too, Mrs. Devitt."

"What did we tell you, Luna? Call us Fintan and Leonie." His father smiled brightly towards me before taking my hand and giving it a shake. "Are you competing tonight?"

"Sadly, no. But they do have a great card for tonight when it comes to the Women's division." I gave them a small smile, causing Fergal to smile as well.

"That's too bad. We really hoped to see you back in action, but I bet the other matches will be just as good." His mother smiled back sweetly.

"They should be, our talent here is top of the line. I'd love to catch up and all, but I should go find Shane." Pamela and Fergal both looked at me confused.