nine

"Here are your winners, Luna and The Club!" JoJo called from ringside, a wave of boos followed her.

My smirk was big as Drew and Mike Chioda raised my hands in victory; Chad's arm was raised on the other side of us. Chad chuckled as he met us in the center of the ring with the Too Sweet. Drew and I smiled and raised them too, causing a mixed reaction of cheers and boos from the crowd.

Nothing felt better than having the crowd boo at my character, as odd as that sounds. Being treated as a heel was one of the best moves of my career. As a heel, you could be wicked and deceitful; as a heel, you could manipulate those around you; as a heel, no one could hurt you. After everything in Japan, I wasn't going to let anyone hurt me.

Returning backstage, Chad laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I giggled and patted his hand.

"Say Lun, Drew and I are heading to Fergal's tonight while we're in town. He wanted us to extend the invitation to you as well."

My heart stopped momentarily and my breath hitched. Talking to him over the phone was fine. However, I didn't know if I could handle seeing him in person. Goosebumps covered my skin and I felt hot and cold simultaneously.

"I... I don't know, guys..." Words sputtered from my mouth as my brain racked the possible outcomes.

"Luna, he really wants to see you. It would mean so much to him if you came." Drew grabbed one of my hands and rubbed his thumb along the side of it. His smile was sweet and his eyes full of understanding; besides Fergal and myself, he knew the most about what happened back in Japan, but not everything, "I'll be right there if you feel uncomfortable."

Picking at the skin of my bottom lip, I avoided his eyes and thought. Avoiding Fergal meant the continuous string of heartache. Approaching Fergal meant possible closure. We could make amends and bury what happened back in Japan.

I didn't know, though, if I could bury it. To stop dancing that dance with him. It wasn't so much Fergal that scared me. It was the man he became that night. Almost a devil, a demon.

The thing about the devil is that he is real. And he's not a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful. Because he's a fallen angel, and he used to be God's favorite.

 Because he's a fallen angel, and he used to be God's favorite

Letting out a deep breath, I tightened my hand in Drew's. The song that I danced to with him needed to come to an end. The notes that were once sour started to show signs of light. Light that shined down on the situation before me: to do the right thing. I needed to forgive Fergal Devitt.

Slowly, I nodded my head in acceptance. Drew smiled and squeezed my hand as Chad cheered. They both pulled me into a hug, which I weakly returned.