The Life of the Sikla

By BlissMoon12

This is a story set in the heart of Yellowstone, where a runt named Sage is born. Her pack doesn't show much... More

Authors Note (Please read)
WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH ARE THESE WORDS I'M USING?!!!
Chapter 1:The Birth of a Runt
Chhapter 3:The Rouge Pack
Chapter 4:A Sikla Among Rouges
A Sikla Among Rouges (2)
Chapter 5:Pranks and Disipline
Chapter 6:Oh Boy...
Chapter 7:Willpower
Chapter 8:Sage's biggest fear
Chapter 9:Alone and Powerless
Chapter 10: Sage's Not Having It
Chapter 11: Back home
Chapter 12: The Change
Chapter 13: Never Alone

Chapter 2:Druid Pack Training

363 21 3
By BlissMoon12

Hey guys, so the goal is to update every day. If not, then every other day. I know this is late, but between school and other extra activities, It'll be a bit challenging. If you have any suggestions for names, pack names, coat colors specific to certain wolves. Thanks readers!! Well here we are... Enjoy Sage's life. ^-^

:Druid Pack Training:

My maw met the ground as my oldest brother pushed me to the ground. We were all yearlings at this stage. Old enough to follow the hunts, but too young to participate. My parents were the betas of the Druid pack. My siblings are nearly exact replicas of them. My coat, being russet with some greys and black, made me stand out more. Different than the whole pack, I'm branded an outcast. The dragga, or alpha, is a large varg, or wolf, with a coat of many colors consisting of browns, blacks, white, grey. Being the only runt of the whole pack, he takes any moment to nip at me and punish me.

As the sikla, or omega, in training for the pack, my life was both easy and hard. My jobs only ever consisted of play and submission. I can come on the hunts, but will get punnished if I get in the way.

I lowered my tail between my legs, wagging it a bit. Laying my ears back to my brother, and I allowed him to growl at me while I smirked. He saw the smirk and batted me on the snout with his paw. This sudden motion caused me to give a sharp yelp and I rolled over trying to be submissive.

He snareled "The next time I catch you doing a prank like that, I'll tell the dragga." he said flicking his tail while he stood over me.

"You need to learn to lighten up Koga," I said attempting to lick his muzzle from below. He was taller than me, so I half sat and did so. He layed his ears back and yawned out of annoyance probably. He was right to be annoyed. I occupy myself by pranking pack members or coyotes. Rarely I'll get a chance to scare the ocational eagle scavenging from the carcasses. Kota happened to be my victim of pranks. I tripped him without touching him, but he knew where I was hiding. Most don't know what tools I use for these pranks, butI only used some thick long grass to trip him.

"Just don't let me catch it again" He said with a smirk. Koga is the only littermate who will let me off with anything. He wants to protect me, even if it means barring his teeth at the dragga. He flicked his tail and his audits pulled forward again as he allowed me to stand up. I rubbed my head in his neck and walked off with my tail down.

My hazel eyes searched for something to do as the pack prepared for an upcoming hunt. In a couple of moons, we get to hunt. Well... My siblings do. I didn't watch where I was going and accidentally bumped right into my father on his patrol of the pack. I lowered myself instantly to the ground, and looked down apologetically. He stared me down and lowered his head baring his teeth.

"Watch it Sage." He said raising his tail. My parents named me Sage because the alpha called me that. The hunters of the pack always laugh at my name, yet I don't understand why.

"Yes father." I said. There was no reason to say anything more. He flicked his tail and walked away from me. I let out a breath of relief. That's odd... He's usually a bit more aggressive towards me. Maybe he was beginning to be a bit more protective of me. He didn't seem too mad. Oh well.

"Sage," my mother called. I turned my head and trot over to her and rubbed my head in her neck in loving greeting. She licked my maw in return and looked at me. I looked back, but didn't look directly into her eyes.

Her eyes seemed to sparkle with love, and I fidgeted under her loving gaze. "Sage you will have to stay near the den during the hunt." I tilted my head and laid my ears back in confusion. She saw my confusion and continued. "There are rouge wolves entering the territory and they prey on the young and weak."

As if a mere rouge wolf could harm me with the alphas protection. I thought. She smiled at me and licked my right ear. "It's not just one, but four." She said, as if she read my mind. "As much as it may seem otherwise, you are loved by this pack, Alpha included" I wagged my tail and decided to speak. I was cautious though, for I didn't know if I was speaking out of turn.

"I know, but.." I trailed off and looked at her for permission to continue. She closed her eyes and nodded. "Wouldn't I be safer closer to the alpha?"

She laid her ears back and bared her teeth. "No," she said. "The rouges will see you as a weakness to the pack and either harm or take you."

I thought this through thoroughly. Surly the pack could protect me... Something isn't right. Maybe they are dangerous because there are more than four just outside of the territory. "But what if they come straight to the den?" I asked a bit afraid.

"Hide," she she said flicking her tail. "They'll stop at nothing to hurt wolf like you." With that, she rubbed her head against my side and gave me a small nudge towards our den. I walked to it, but decided to lay just outside of it.

None of this made sense. Why would a pack of rouges want to prey on the weak like me? Granted the weak are picked on a lot, and I know the more than anyone in this pack. I rested my head on my paws and curled up the rest of my body. Soon the pack would leave the den to hunt. Today, I would have to eat whatever they bring home for me.

I looked up and to the sun. It was mid morning by now. I lowered my eyes and saw my brothers and sisters coming to the den to prepare for the hunt. Kota shot me a look of sympathy before he went inside. The others ignored me entirely. Kota would be training as a delta, while the rest train as Kappas, or the hunters. Suddenly my ears shot up instinctually. The draggas howl was low and powerful, rumbling through my chest as it seemed to vibrate. My siblings all came out of the den and ran over to join the drag in a howl to rally the pack and bring good fortune to the pack and its hunt. They were howling to Tor and Fenris, they who created this land and put lera into our bellies. I didn't join them, for I wasn't coming on the hunt. Any varg would know to respect the gods. With my dark hazel eyes, I watched them leave into the forest.

*Sigh*

I hoisted myself up and rid myself of the dry dirt on my pelt. Overpowered by boredom, I walked around the den site. There were many small dens in the center of the territory, and we called it our den site. Most adult varg sleep outside of the dens. Only the young wolves slept inside.

Finding an odd looking leaf, I picked it up in my mouth and tossed it into the air, then jumped trying to catch it once more. I repeated this odd game up until I felt something odd. I sensed something off and cowered where I was standing. Lowering my tail and ears, I searched for the source of the threat. The forest held nothing threatening from what I saw, but I felt uncertain. Something was watching me. I prepared myself to run and walked about the den cautiously. Suddenly I heard a large cracking of twigs and rustling of leaves as two large wolves walked into the clearing. They did not smell familiar and had a nasty look about them as they approached me.

I took an involentary step back and gave them a warning growl. I'm not the most powerful vocally, so they looked at me with humor and stopped walking. I eyed the two cautiously and stood ready to run. Seeing as they aren't of my pack and didn't have authority over me, I didn't show them respect in my body language.

"Who are you?" Said the largest of the two, a dark grey wolf with scars. His ears were picked and his tail was up. Though he showed no signs of attacking, I was still ready to make a run for it. Instead of replying to his question, I flicked my ears and tail in a manor of unease. He bared his teeth making no aggressive sounds, and continued talk.

"I said, who are you?" He said with a little more force and authority. I backed up at the sudden harshness of his voice. Instinct told me to submit to the varg, but I stayed my tung eyeing his friend and looking around remembering there were four in the territory. Fearing his reaction to my silence I flinched when he shifted his stance.

He laughed and took a step closer to me. "You will regret your silence sikla." He said using the name for weak pack member, or omega.

I eyed his movements, but didn't back up at his step. I looked him in the eyes and twitched my ear. "I know.." I said timidly. Chances are, I'm surrounded by the other two varg hiding somewhere in the territory, but I stayed still. Howling would hopefully draw attention to the pack, but my howl isn't loud enough if the herds were all the way in the southern field. Besides, If these rouges were smart, they would stop my maw before any sound could come out. The other varg began shifting a bit to the side. I knew what he was doing, and I didn't like it. My ears kept darting around looking for any sound of the other two. The wolf in front of me, was obviously a high ranking member of his pack.

"If you don't tell me, you'll soon find out exactly what it feels to fear punishment," he said baring his teeth as a low growl emitted through his jaw. My ears folded back at his threat and I tensed once again preparing to make a run for it.

Making an effort to flee, I felt a hot burning pain on my back. I yelped and turned around to notice the blood dripping from is claws. Before I could make another move, another rogue pinned me to the ground.

"Now, are you going to tell me who you are or am I going to have to force it out of you?"

I let out a small whine, but didn't respond.

"Very well, then. Let's do it the hard way..." He said grinning

The varg above me then made a fierce growl and bite the scruff of my neck hard. I yelped and felt myself being lifted off the ground and struggled as they carried me off into the forest.

:Authors Note:

Okay guys, this is gonna bite me in the butt, but finally got the last chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it!! Props to my friend Who helped me big time with some corrections and even added her own little bit. I'm working on the next part now, and I'll try to get it done by tomorrow night, if not then, then Thursday night.

Comment:Vote:Correct me!!

Need names for the rouge pack, the other siblings, and a couple of wolves who are real Ass-nuggets.

stay awesome readers!! Meep XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 231K 56
Living as a rogue is hard enough, but doing so as a runt is even harder. Rogues, lawless wolves, and ferals are only some of the dangers Jade must f...
109K 2.9K 28
Ace Michaelson. The wolf that everyone envies. It appears as if he owns nothing but perfections. The envy for him then morphs to anger. People either...
1.6M 44K 28
*COMPLETED* My head bowed in a heavy mannor, not in respect, but in trepidation. I discern his unwavering gaze over my ill silhouette. "Look at me." ...
799K 21.9K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...