The Only Thing That Keeps Me...

By lydiamartinnn

"You!" He yelled at me, "You're the only thing that seems real to me, you're the only thing that keeps me san... More

The Only Thing That Keeps Me Sane || Stiles Stilinski/ Teen Wolf.
one || we're not sisters.
three || hey-llo.
four || apologies, apologies.
five || A+.
six || amused Stiles.
seven || let's change the subject.
eight || bridesmaids and an alpha.
nine || no secret anymore.
ten || a big bad wolf.
eleven || night time.
NOT AN UPDATE! But, there will be one soon.
twelve || left out
thirteen || karma
fourteen || hallelujah

two || cheater.

12.4K 292 73
By lydiamartinnn

« « t w o » »

"GET UP, SUNSHINE. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!" Allison yelled straight into my ear. I felt her smack me with a pillow repeatedly. "C'mon, get up. Do you want me to sing?"

I shot up. Let me tell you, Allison was probably the worst singer on the planet. It literally sounded like a dying cat. She smirked knowing that what she said woke me up. "You've got an hour to get ready." She told me before walking out of my room.

Luckily, I shower at night, so that was one step I could skip. My feet found themselves on the cold tile of the bathroom floor. I brushed my teeth and then washed my face quickly. I began to put on my everyday make-up, which consisted of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and a little bit of powder.

I skimmed through my closet before deciding on an outfit. A simple white t-shirt with 'chanel' written on it, a pair of light wash high waisted shorts, and to finish it off, a pair of brown combat boots.

Simple, but effective.

"Leaving in five." Allison shouted from downstairs.

Checking my appearance one more time in the mirror, I grabbed my bag and treaded down the stairs.

"Ready? You look really pretty." My sister told me.

"Yes, I am. And so do you, I like that jacket." I complimented her.

"Thanks," She said glancing at the clock behind her, "We better go, school starts in ten."

I grinned, "Alright, I'll race you to the car." I said before taking off.

"Cheater!" Allison yelled from behind.

ð

"She's calling again?" I said annoyed at the fact our mother has called three times since she dropped us off, which was two minutes ago, "Just don't answer."

Allison rolled her eyes before answering the phone, "Mom, three calls for our first day is a little overdoing it..."

"Hell yeah, it is." I muttered under my breath causing Allison to glare at me.

"Yes, I've got everything." Allison said through the phone while rummaging through her bag, "Everything except a pen. Okay, okay, gotta go, we love you." She said quickly as she ended the call, "Do you have a pen?"

I shook my head, "Just for me, you're on your own, sis."

I heard footsteps and looked to where they were coming from. A man dressed in a suit made his way towards us. I realised quickly that it was the principal, "Sorry for the wait." He apologized.

"No problem," Allison said.

The man started asking us questions, but thankfully Allison answered most of them. She was way more social than I was. After walking through the hallways for a while, we came to a stop at a room. Mr. Principal opened the door and gestured for us to go in first.

Please, please, please don't introduce us. I hated this part. As we entered the room, everyone in the room looked at us. I hated the feeling of eyes on me, but I chose not to show it. Allison and I both smiled at the class.

"Class, these are your new students, Allison and Madelyn Argent. Please, do your best to make them feel welcome." He said in a deep voice. He nodded towards us before leaving the room.

I searched the room for a seat. There were two side by side, one behind a boy with shaggy hair who was staring at my sister and the other behind a boy with a buzzcut who was looking around the room spastically. Allison made her way through the rows of desks and I followed. I chose the seat behind buzzcut, while Allison chose the one behind shaggy.

Shaggy hair turned in his seat to face Allison and lended her a pen. Weird, huh? I quirked an eyebrow at her.

She laughed before shrugging her shoulders. I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time these two will see each other. Confused about where my next class is, I tapped on the boy's shoulder in front of me. He jumped in his seat before facing me.

"Sorry," I said bashfully, "Could you explain where Johnson's class is?" Unfortunately, my sister and I didn't have every class together. I looked up to meet his eyes. They were breath taking, I don't even think there's a way to describe them. They were a really pretty shade of brown, with blue and green flecks in them. The boy was pretty cute, too.

"Uh, well, that's my next class. So, you can follow me if you want." He said.

"Sure, thank you..." I trailed off not knowing his name.

"Stiles." He smiled. I had to admit it was a strange name, but I didn't question it.

"Oh, I'm Madelyn." I returned the smile. I held out my hand for him to shake.

He grabbed it and shook it gently, "Nice to meet you."

"Uh, yeah, you too." I released my hand from his awkwardly, "I'll meet you after lunch?"

He nodded his head before turning his attention back to what the teacher was saying. The only thing I could think about through the whole class was the feeling of his hand in mine and I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not.

ð

"Al, you are the clumsiest person I know, besides myself." I told Allison who had dropped all of her money.

"Ha-ha." She said in a sarcastic manner, "Ya know, you could help."

"I could," I said pretending to bend down, "But, I don't want to." I laughed standing up straight again. I watched as a little redhead strutted her way towards Allison and me.

"I like your jacket, and I love the outfit." She complimented us. I'm pretty sure this was the infamous Lydia Martin I had been hearing of all day. I was pretty damn proud that she took notice of me and Allison.

"Thanks." Allison said.

I decided to join in, I could use more girl friends than just my sister, "Our mom used to be a buyer from a boutique back in San Francisco." I smiled.

"And you two are my new best friends." She smiled brightly at the both of us. I could tell that Lydia was excited to have some friends. I had heard from other people she was the queen of this school, but rarely ever had friends, so again, I felt even more proud.

A tall, blonde-haired boy slid his arm around Lydia's slim waist and gave her a peck on her lips. I'm pretty sure this boy was Jackson, everyone had summed him up as a jackass and let me tell you, he even looked like a d-bag.

"So, this weekend there's a party..." Lydia said.

My sister and I both hated parties. We usually used the whole "oh, it's family night..." excuse.

"Yeah, Friday night, you guys should come." Jackson mused.

Allison looked to me, "Oh, we can't."

"Yeah," I said trying to act disappointed  about it, "We have family night on Friday, but thanks for asking." I then remembered that I was supposed to meet Stiles after lunch. Searching down the hallway, I finally found sight of him rambling angry words to some girl, "Uh, Al, I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah, okay." She gave me a smile before turning her attention back to the couple.

Walking towards Stiles, I started to listen in on the conversation that Stiles was having with the girl. I'm nosey, but hey, at least I admit it.

"Can someone tell me how new girls are here for five minutes and are already apart of Lydia's clique?" The girl asked him, obviously not noticing that I was, like, one foot away from her.

"'Cause they're hot." Stiles told the girl, "Beautiful people herd together." The girl looked beyond mad, I mean, he just practically told her that she wasn't attractive. Still, I felt flattered that Stiles thought I was pretty, well, even better that he thought I was beautiful. The girl stormed off. Stiles ran a hand over his face frustrated before his eyes landed on me, "Oh, hey."

I smiled, "Hey." I said awkwardly.

"Let's go this class." He said. As I followed him, my eyes landed on Scott, I think his name is, who was staring at my sister like a lovesick puppy.

"So, I think your friend likes my twin." I laughed.

Stiles chuckled before replying, "Really? I would've never noticed... ya know with all the staring." He laughed again, "Did you say twins?" I nodded my head, "Oh, well that's cool. You guys don't really look like each other, she's so tall, but you're sh-."

I cut him off, "I'm not short. In fact, I am a part of the twenty-five percentile." Which basically meant I was only taller than one-fourth of the girls my age, but I would not admit that I was short, even though I knew I was extremely small.

He quirked an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

"Yes, it is." I said in a 'matter-of-fact' tone. Stiles was shaking his head and laughing under his breath, "Let's just get to class." I rolled my eyes.

ð

Lacrosse, lacrosse, lacrosse. I have heard that word so many times today. So, apparently the sport here is lacrosse and Lydia had invited me and Allison to lacrosse practice after school. Oh, and guess where it is held? The lacrosse field. I've never even seen the sport being played and I already don't like it. So, now here I am sitting on the bleachers doing absolutely nothing. The only reason I agreed to come was because Allison and I have to ride home together.

After about five minutes of nothing happening, the practice finally started. Scott got put in the goal and he looked like he had no clue what he was doing.

"Who is that?" Allison asked Lydia.

"Him? I'm not sure who he is, why?" Lydia replied.

"He's in my english class."

"Our english class, and his name is Scott McCall, Stiles is best friends with him." I said to her, "I think he likes you." I didn't think he likes her, I know he likes her. He's stared at her the whole day. It was kind of creepy, but a cute kind of creepy.

Allison blushed, "What? N-no. He lent me a pen, that's all." She pushed a piece of her dark hair behind her ear, "And what's a Stiles?"

I rolled my eyes, "He's the boy who walked me to my classes. He's a friend."

Allison smirked, "Just a friend?"

Cue another eye roll, "Yes, a friend." I heard the sound of the whistle blowing causing us to turn our heads toward the field. Scott, not ready to catch the ball, takes it to his face causing him to fall backward. Allison and I both cringe at the pain he just faced. He stands back on his feet. Another ball is tossed to him which he catches like he had all time in the world to. Ball after ball is tossed to him, but he catches every single one.

"He seems pretty good." Allison grinned. I nodded in agreement.

Lydia puckered her lips, "Yeah, he is..."

I heard shouts coming from the bleachers, so I turn my attention to them. Stiles is jumping up and down, eyes wide shouting Scott's name over and over again. I guess he was happy for Scott. I giggle at the sight.

Maybe, being moved to Beacon Hills won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N:

Hey beautiful people,

So, this is the second chapter. I should be able to upload a chapter (maybe even two) tomorrow. You can find all of Madelyn's outfits on my polyvore (@havenmckalaa). Also, I want to say, Madelyn and Stiles will not to be together anytime soon like last time. I'm going to actually take my time in this version. But, anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and if you did, please vote, but only if you think I deserve it. Thank you for reading! x. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...