six || amused Stiles.

« « s i x » »

"Mad," Someone said to me softly, "Wake-up."

I groaned and my eyes fluttered open to show my sister, "What time is it?" The sun hadn't risen yet, so I knew it's early in the morning.

"I don't know, like two, but can you come downstairs with me? I think something's going on." She said to me, still whispering.

I nodded and lifted myself off the bed. We both made our way down the stairs to see our dad talking on the phone with someone. Our dad heard our footsteps and looked at us on the stairs.

"Everything okay, dad?" Allison and I both asked him.

"Oh, your aunt Kate just texted," He said as he typed on his phone, "I'm heading out to pick her up."

Allison eyed him curiously, "But, it's two in the morning. Is everything okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah, yeah. She's just having a little bit of car trouble."

"Not serious, is it?" I asked him, tiredly.

"No, just a flat tire." He gave us a smile, "Go back to bed, girls."

Allison and I nodded before complying and heading back to our rooms. I laid in bed and began to think. Why had Kate come back to town? And why so late? Maybe to surprise us? But, for some reason, I know that's not why she's back and I'm not sure if I want to know why.

ð

"I don't see you two for a year, and you guys have turn into freaking runway models?" A voice said from outside my twin's door. I faced it to see our Aunt Kate smiling at us.

"Oh-," We both started before being engulfed in to a tight hug.

"Look at you! Oh!" She beamed at us, "Hate you." She said to us playfully.

"Maybe we get it from our beautiful aunt?" I grinned at her, brightly.

Our aunt rolled her eyes and smiled, "You two are a knock out," She winked at me, "In fact, I hope that the boys are knocking each other's teeth out for your two's attention."

"Al does," I said in sing-song.

Allison smiled, trying to hide her blush, "So does Mad," She sang back.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you need some help unpacking?"

I reached towards one of my aunt's suitcases to which she grabbed my arm in a very hard grip. I hissed out in pain and  she let go immediately. It was almost like she grabbed me because she was hiding something. Something she didn't want me or my sister to know about, but I simply shrugged it off. Maybe it was condoms or.... something else.

"No, not that one." She said talking about her luggage, "Oh, see? You both turn out beautiful and I end up with this kung-fu grip. Sorry, sweetie. I didn't mean to be so rough." She gave me a small smile.

"No worries," I smiled at her, "I'm pretty tough." I joked. Out of the family, I was most certainly not the most tough, maybe the weakest of the family, but definitely the most mischievous and sneaky.

Allison laughed, "More like sneaky." Told you, "Hey, everything okay with your car?"

Kate nodded, "Yeah, just needed a jumpstart. That's all."

Allison and I both looked at each other, "A jumpstart?" My sister said.

Something was definitely going on. And I think I know what: It's hunting season for the Argents. And not the regular kind of hunting.

Werewolf hunting.

ð

"So, Scott's coming over?" I asked my sister, she replied with a nod, "Well, I'm definitely going over to Stiles' now. I don't really want to be present in the house when you two do.... that." I grimaced.

She rolled her eyes, "We're just studying."

Lydia scoffed, "Just studying never ends with just studying. It's like getting in a hot tub- someone eventually cops a feel."

"Ew, okay, I am done with this conversation. I'm going to find Stiles." I told the duo.

They waved to me before continuing their talk. I love my sister, but I really don't want to hear about her and her boyfriend doing... it. Spotting Stiles at his locker, I walked towards him. Ever since I had found out about my feelings for Stiles, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was actually happy about liking him, as long as he doesn't find out.

"Hey, Stiles." He was facing the other way looking towards the inside of his locker, but turned around at the sound of my voice.

"Hey, Madelyn, what's up?" He said as he shoved books in to his locker.

"Do you think I could come over after school? Allison and Scott are 'studying'," I used my fingers as air quotations, " And I don't want to be in the house while they do.. you know."

Stiles' lips twitched upward, "While they study?" He said sounding amused.

"No, while they... do it." I whispered.

"They do what, Madelyn?" He said, entertained by my choice of words.

"While they have sex, Stiles!" I whispered harshly at him causing students to look at me. Dammit, Stiles. He grinned, still amused. I rolled my eyes, "Can I come over, please?"

He shrugged his shoulders and pressed his lips into a thin line, "I'll think about it." I gawked at him, "I'm just kidding, Madelyn. Of course you can."

ð

After school, I met Stiles at his beloved jeep. He was leaning on the passenger side, causally, tapping away at his phone.

"Hey," I smiled at him, "Ready to go?"

He looked up to meet my eyes and returned the smile, "Uh, yeah." He yanked open the door of the passenger side, "After you."

I rolled my eyes, but still managed to smile, "Thanks." And with that I climbed in and strapped myself in.

Stiles made his way around the jeep before getting in. He started the ignition and began to head out of the school's parking lot.

"So, how's your day been?" Stiles asked me, still glancing ahead.

A lot better now that I'm with you, but I just smiled and said, "It's been... good. How about y-." I was interrupted when the car came to a stop. As the car jerked, Stiles put his arm in front of me, protectively. I blushed at the gesture.

He moved his hand, "S-sorry," His cheeks had a pink tinge to it, maybe he was cold? He peered out of the windshield, "Ah, shit. I'll be back, okay?"

I nodded slowly, "Uh, okay."

Stiles nodded one more time and ran to the front of the jeep. Curious, I unbuckeld the seatbelt and glanced over the top of the jeep. Stiles and Scott were both bent over a man's body. The man looked so familiar, but it wad hard to tell with the way his body kept moving. He seemed like he was in pain and his chest was slowly heaving up and down. Stiles and Scott shouted at one another for another minute before Stiles picked up the man and supported all his weight on himself. The man's eyes met mine.

And then I realized why he looked so familiar. It was the man from the party. The creeper in the car.

Derek Hale.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Update, woo. So, the next chapter is gonna be cray-cray. And for those wondering, yes, Madelyn does know about her family, but no one knows that she knows and she doesn't want anyone to find out either, but you'll find out more about that along the way. So, due to all the snow days we have been having (yay) I'll be able to update more, I think. I hope you guys enjoyed reading and thank you for 1K reads and the votes. you guys are amazing (: