ten || a big bad wolf.

« « t e n » »

"She called it La Bete Du Gevaudan." Allison told both Lydia and me as we sat quietly in the cafeteria.

Apparently the other night, Allison had made up an excuse to our aunt that she needed some information on our family for a project, because she almost, almost got caught snogging with a certain McCall boy.

"So?" I said, faking that I don't know any of this information, when truthfully, I know all about this 'la bete of Gevaudan' or rather the beast of Gevaudan that our ancestors killed. "It's a stupid wolf. You should just drop it, Al." I told her sharply.

She seemed startled by the tone of my voice, "What's wrong? It's just a myth." She replied, angry.

"Then, why are you so amazed by it?" I yelled at her, causing a few people from other tables to look at us, "It's stupid and pointless. It's just a big, bad wolf. That's all it is. Now, I'm leaving." I stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria doors.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was steam fuming out of my ears. The whole situation, it just-- just makes me so mad. I'm not mad at Allison, I know it seems like I am, but I'm not. I'm more mad at the fact she's slowly uncovering everything. And I'm mad at my family. What they are doing isn't right.

Allison has always been smart, and I've always known that she would find out eventually, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast. I lean on a locker and let out a loud groan. I turn around, and face the locker. And I bang on it repeatedly, hoping that it will help relieve the least bit of my anger. As I go to hit the locker again, a hand takes a hold of my wrist to stop it from colliding with the medal for the umpteeth time.

"Easy there, tiger." I hear a soft voice speak. My hand is shaking in the familiar grip. "Are you okay?"

I turn to the person, "Stiles." I say, out of breath, "Oh, I-I'm fine. The best, never better."

He furrows his brows, "Really? Because, I don't think hitting lockers really counts as okay."

I sigh, "I--I, I don't even know anymore." His fingers are still wrapped around my wrist, he notices my glancing and quickly drops my hand, "It's been a really long day."

He chuckles, "I know. I've been teaching Scott the whole day how to control his anger, just so he can play this damn game."

"Oh, I should probably, um, thank you for the whole, you know, not causing me to break my hand." I tell him awkwardly.

He puts a hand behind his neck, "Oh, no-- no big deal, but if you don't mind me asking, why exactly were you hitting the lockers?"

"Can I tell you some other time? Maybe tonight?" I ask, hopeful. I really need to tell someone, and the person I feel most comfortable with telling is Stiles.

"L-Like, you hang out with me?" He says, as he points at me and his self.

I nod, willingly. Honestly, I love the idea of hanging out with Stiles, most likely because of the full blown crush I've developed on him. Is he really shocked that I want to hang out with him?

"Um, y-yeah, totally. So, how do you want to do it- this? Like, around seven or eight or nine? Or earlier or later? Do you wanna drive or I could pick you u-?" I cover his mouth with my petite hands.

"How about I drive over around nine?" I smile as I remove my hands.

He gulps, visibly, "Yea-Yeah. Okay."

ð

There were mainly two reasons why I was going to Stiles'. One, to hang out with Stiles. Two, to avoid my sister. After my little fit I had towards her, she has not spoken a word to me. Rarely, my sister and I ever fight, but when we do, it's bad. I can recall one time I had called my sister a bitch when we were twelve, she didn't speak to me for three weeks.

Allison really has always been the forgiving type, just not to me. And I am the same way to her. I've never really understood why we both get so aggravated with the other, we just do. I can only imagine how long Al is going to hold off on not talking to me. Hopefully, less than a week. Hopefully.

I pull into Stiles' driveway and put the car in park. I sit in the car and become nervous and excited at the same time. Finally, I muster up the courage to walk up to his door and just as I'm about to knock, the door slings open.

"Oh, hey." I say, laughing.

"H-Hey, come in." He opens the door wider so I can enter.

We both walk up the stairs and head into his room. He takes a seat on the bed while I seat in a blue spinny chair.

"So, you wanna tell me why you were abusing the property of the school today?" Stiles says clapping his hands.

I run a hand through my hair frustrated, "It's Allison." I tell him with my eyes closed, "She's starting to find out about the family business and I don't want her to know, she-- she just can't know and I don't know what to do, I don't know what to feel and I- I'm-"

"Scared," He says as I open my eyes, "You're scared."

I let my head hang low, "I'm not weak, I'm not supposed to be weak." I sniffle. I finally let the few tears that have been stinging my eyes fall out. I felt ashamed to act like this in front of Stiles. I felt-- vulnerable. I looked at Stiles, who had a sad look on his face.

"How come I always seem to make you cry?" He grinned, halfway.

I laughed, thinking of the least time I came to Stiles' house and he brought up his mom, I wipe underneath my eyes, "You're just a real heart breaker, Stilinski." I said, causing him to laugh again.

"Yeah right. I can't even imagine a girl liking me or ever seeing me as more than just a friend." He said.

"Well, I-- I kinda see, or w--want you as more than a friend." I said, avoiding to make eye contact with him. I didn't mean for the words the come out-- they just did.

"What do you me--," His voice was cut off by a phone ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and glanced at the caller ID. He groaned and rolled his eyes, "Yes, Scott?" His voice was harsh. He rolled his eyes again, "Okay, fine, yeah, I'm gonna bring Madelyn, too. Yeah, yeah, whatever bye." He looked at me.

"Is everything okay?" I said as I finally look at him in the eyes.

He nods, training his sight away from me, "Yeah, but it looks like we're gonna have to take a little trip to night school."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi everyone,

So I am still alive. Sorry for the lack of updates, tennis season has started and we have practice everyday and it is exhausting. I hope to have the next chapter out this week, which is night school, and a lot of shit is gonna go down, especially with all of the Miles feels, yayayayayay! Thank you for reading (: