eight || bridesmaids and an alpha.

« « e i g h t » »

"Allison?" I call from outside her room. She's sitting on her bed, reading a book, "I was thinking of going and renting a movie, what do you want to watch?"

She closes the book, "How about The Notebook?"

I scoff, "Cliché," My twin rolls her eyes, "How about Tangled?"

"We've seen that a thousand times, Mad!" She thinks for a moment, "Oh, how about Bridesmaids!"

I grin, "Deal, do you want to come?"

She shakes her head, "No, be safe."

And with that, I head down the stairs and pile in my silver Mazda. I start the engine and back out of the driveway. As I make my way to the video store, I think about yesterday's event. After, I had told Stiles about how I knew everything, we didn't really talk, he dropped me off at my house and we both muttered a simple 'goodnight' and left it at that.

I was grateful I had finally told someone, but at the same time, I couldn't help but to worry. I'm scared that somehow, someway the family secret is going to become known to my sister and I think that's why Kate has come to town. To finally let it be known. And honestly, I don't think I'm ready to be a hunter, and I don't think my sister is ready to know yet. All I know is, I don't want to be a hunter. Or at least, I don't think I want to be.

It makes me laugh, really, just how freaking ironic is it, that my sister, daughter of werewolf hunters, is dating a werewolf? Pretty ironic. I sigh to myself, at least I find some type of humour in this situation-- when I shouldn't. And again-- I sigh. Seeing a turn that leads to the video store, I shift my wheel that way. I see a parking spot and pull into it, then a familiar face catches my eye.

"Lydia?" I see the redhead taking selfies of herself. I laugh to myself and roll my eyes, "My, my.." I say, as she continues to snap pictures, still not noticing me.

I enter the video store. It's empty-- no one in sight. For a minute, I think I'm alone, until a voice speaks, "Can anyone help me find The Notebook?" Jackson.

I snicker, "It's probably in the romance aisle." I say as I find sight of him.

He looks at me and cocks a brow, "What are you doing here?"

"Baking a cake," I say, rolling my eyes, "What do you think I'm doing?" My voice ever so sarcastic.

He scowls at me, "Is anyone working here? Hello?"

I walk away from him, going to search for Bridesmaids. I hum a tune as I scan the racks for the title I'm searching for. I trip over something and land in some type of liquid. At first, I think I've just tripped over one of the racks and landed in someone's spilled drink. Until, I glance down. Blood, covers the lower half of my body and lying in front of me, a dead body.

I shriek loudly and back away from the man's lifeless body. My breaths coming out fast and shakey. I try to calm myself down, but it only makes it worse. Before I know it, Jackson is by my side, staring wide eyed at the body in front of us. Above, I see something treading the racks. It jumps from one to one, causing them to fall over.

It's like a domino effect. One falls, then the other, and for some reason, I am frozen in my spot. I can hear Jackson yelling for me to move out of the way, but I can't. My body stays put. Then, I feel someone pushing me out of the way. Saving me from being crushed by the shelves. Finally, I come out of my trance.

Jackson lies still under the shelf. Quickly, I rush to his side. He squirms a little bit, trying to escape, but it doesn't work, "Hang on," I say as I try to lift the shelf. I push harder, and harder, but it doesn't let up, "I--I c-cant g-get it," I say through clenched teeth.

"It's okay," Jackson says out of breath. Then, in the blink of an eye, I'm thrown back into the wall, and I slip into darkness, but just before I do, I see a pair of glowing red eyes flashing in front of me.

ð

"I think she's in shock. She's not unconscious." I hear someone say. I open my eyes and recognize, quickly, that I'm sitting in an ambulance, "She's awake," the woman says. She's tan, and pretty.

Slowly, I sit up and rub my temple. My head is pounding. What am I even doing in an ambulance? Then, I remember. The eyes. I close my eyes and shake the thought away. My head snaps up as I hear Jackson yelling at someone. A cop. No, a sheriff. Stiles' dad.

"Whoa, is that a dead body?" I hear Stiles' voice and I look there. He's standing in front of his dad's cruiser. He looks at Lydia for a moment, and a pang of jealousy surges through me. His eyes flicker from Lydia to me, "Madelyn?"

I look down as I hear his footsteps making their way to me, "Madelyn? Wha-Are you okay?" He asks me. I finally look at him. He looks.. concerned.

I gulp, "N-No, my head hurts." I say as I continue to rub my temples.

"Well, sweetie," the pretty nurse says to me, "you have a minor concussion. If you think you're okay, you can have your boyfriend here take you home and then take a Tylenol. The headache will ease up."

I blush at the words, 'boyfriend', "Okay, thank you." I jump off of the edge of the ambulance, "You don't need to take me home, I-I can call Al and she can get m-."

"My dad can take you home," he tells me softly. I continue to protest, but eventually, I give up. Stiles pulls me off to the side, "What did you see?"

"Not a mountain lion, that's for sure. Red eyes." I take a deep breath, "I think it was the alpha."

He nods, "My dad called your parents and told them we're giving you a ride."

I nod, "Thanks, have you seen Jackson?" I ask him.

"Why? And he just left."

"Oh, and I wanted to thank him. He saved me."

Who would've thought Jackass would actually save someone?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hellllllo everyone, so I plan to get another update up tonight but who knows? This snow is pissing me off and were supposed to get more, are you kidding me??? Oh well, thank you for reading! (: