Come Back, Be Here (Camren)

By ddamaged

Lauren and Camila are happily married, but a year into their marriage, a tragic event forces one of the brune... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue

Chapter 13

10K 416 107
By ddamaged

It's been a week since the accident and both girls have been avoiding each other. Lauren has been scared to confront Camila after telling her she loved her after the accident and then basically yelling at her. Camila has been scared to confront Lauren after kissing her and then driving drunk and causing Lauren to worry. On top of that, Camila tried to reach out to Sofi this past week, but the younger Cabello wouldn't even give her the time of day.

"She hates me, Dinah." Camila huffs as she grabs the car keys from the table.

"Just keep trying, Chanch. She just needs to know you aren't going anywhere." Dinah rationalizes.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm headed over there again to try and get her to do something with me today." Camila slings her purse over her shoulder.

"Good luck, Mila." Dinah offers her a smile.

"Thanks, Cheech. I'll need it." The brunette exits her apartment. When she goes to lock the door, she drops her keys.

"Ugh!" She closes her eyes momentarily and takes a deep breath. She starts to bend down and pick up the keys, but someone beats her to it.

"Rough day?" Camila's eyes meet concerned green ones. Her heart  flutters in her chest because it seems like it's been ages since she's seen Lauren.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Camila offers her a small smile. "I went to see Sofi yesterday, but she wouldn't even come out of her room to see me." She runs her fingers through her hair. "I'm headed over there right now to try again."

"She doesn't happen to be a Selena Gomez fan does she?" The older girl asks and Camila furrows her eyebrows.

"Yeah, huge fan. Why?"

"I heard she's playing a concert here tonight and one of my friends at the local radio station called a minute ago and told me she has tickets and meet and greets if I wanted them." Lauren tucks her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket.

The younger Latina's eyes widen.

"I was just about to come over and see if you wanted to go." Lauren informs the girl, silently praying that Camila doesn't turn her down.

Camila's jaw slacks and Lauren smirks. She knows Camila loves Selena so she practically begged her friend to get her tickets and meet and greets so she could give them to Camila as a peace offering.

"You and Sofi wanna join me?" Lauren asks and Camila nods her head quickly. "I'm going to need a verbal answer, Camz." Lauren accidentally lets the nickname slip.

"Y-yes of course! I just can't believe I'm going to meet Selena Gomez." Camila smiles when she hears herself say it out loud. "Selena. Gomez." She repeats. "Lauren, why are you not screaming right now?" The young girl flails her arms. "I am freaking out!" She shakes Lauren's shoulders and the green-eyed girl just quirks up an eyebrow in amusement. She's not sure why she was ever worried in the first place about Camila turning down these tickets. "It's 2 p.m. and I still need to convince Sofi and get ready so I don't look like a complete peasant next to Selena." Camila pales. "Oh who am I kidding I could be wearing a prom dress made out of diamonds and still look like a peasant. IT'S SELENA GOMEZ. Oh God, what do I wear I don't-" Lauren stops the rant by placing her hands on Camila's shoulders.

"First of all, breathe." Lauren lets out a hearty laugh. "Second of all, you will be the most beautiful girl at the concert tonight and yes including Selena. Third of all, Sofi will say yes in a heartbeat so don't worry."

Camila nods her head and offers the girl an embarrassed smile. Sometimes her rants can get a little out of control. "Is it for sure for sure? I don't want to get my sister's hopes up." Lauren raises her eyebrows. "Fine, I don't want to get my hopes up." The girl admits while grabbing the keys from Lauren's hands. "Thank you. For everything. You're always saving me." Camila looks tenderly into the green eyes in front of her.

"Somebody's got to." Lauren smiles. "I'll call my friend now and get details. Call me when you get Sofi on board."

Camila nods and walks past Lauren swiftly. "You know I'd love to stay and chat, Jauregui, but I can't keep Selena waiting." Camila calls as she jogs down the flight of stairs to get to Dinah's car and Lauren just rolls her eyes at the dramatic Latina.

Camila almost breaks every traffic law on her way to her old house. Once she pulls in, she hurries up the driveway and knocks on the door. Memories of her standing at this same door crying, with a handful of her belongings in her arms, come flooding back into her mind, but she just wills them away.

"Camila." Sinu breathes out when she opens the door. The young brunette just pushes past her and walks straight to Sofi's room. She takes a deep, calming breath before rapping on the wooden door.

"Come in!" Sofi screams and a grin spreads across Camila's face.

"Hey, Sof." Camila peaks her head in the room and Sofi's face falls. She quickly turns her attention back to her coloring book. "I came to see if you wanted to do something tonight." Camila sits down on the edge of the bed.

"No thanks." The younger Cabello answers without looking up.

"You sure? I have something really fun planned." Camila answers, trying to mask the hurt in her voice.

Sofi looks up momentarily, her eyes lighter, but when they lock with Camila's, her brown eyes dull again. "No thanks." She looks back down.

"Okay." Camila stands up from the bed slowly. "Well looks like I'll have to ask someone else to go with me to the Selena Gomez concert tonight." She holds her breath as she starts walking to the door.

"Wait, Kaki!" Sofi scrambles off the bed and grabs Camila's arm. "I'll go! I'll go!" Her eyes plead for Camila to let her.

"You sure?" Camila fights back a smile.

"Yes! So sure." Sofi smiles and Camila's heart warms.

"Okay." She kneels down. "Put on some clothes and I'll go talk to Mami and Papi." Camila grimaces when the two names leave her mouth. They taste so bitter on her tongue.

"Okay! I'll be right down!" Sofi hurries to her closet and Camila heads back to the living room.

Sinu stands up from the couch and slowly makes her way over to her daughter. "I'm taking Sofi to a concert tonight. It may be late when we get back so she can just crash at my place and I'll bring her back in the morning." Camila informs the older woman. Sinu just nods solemnly and the two of them wait in silence until Sofi comes barreling down the stairs.

"Kaki, I'm ready!" Sofi yells and Camila smiles at the old nickname that she has been deprived of for far too long.

"Nice shirt." Camila compliments the younger girl when she sees her Kill Em With Kindness shirt.

"Bye Mami!" The younger girl yells as she drags Camila to the door.

Once they are back at the apartment, Camila has Dinah entertain her sister while she gets ready. She throws on a black floral off the shoulder top, white skinny jeans, and black wedges. She sprays her perfectly sculpted curls and after applying a light shade of pink lipstick to her lips, she joins Dinah and Sofi in the living room.

"Green eyes couldn't score just one more ticket?" Dinah pouts as she crosses her arms.

"I asked, Cheech. She said 3 was all she could get." Camila offers a sympathetic smile.

"Go. Have fun without me." The Polynesian shoos Camila out the door before she can tell Sofi to come along. Once outside the apartment, Camila just shrugs and decides to get Lauren first. She quickly knocks on the door and smiles when the girl opens it.

"Hello, Lo." Camila greets excitedly.

"Well someone's in a good mood." Lauren leans up against the doorway and Camila allows her eyes to take in the girl in front of her. Lauren is wearing a cropped Bob Marley tee with black jeans and Doc Marten. When Camila finishes admiring the girl's outfit, she meets the girl's eyes againand blushes when she notices that the green-eyed girl is smirking at her.

Camila immediately clears her throat. "Yeah, well I'm about to meet my girlfriend for the first time so I'm a little excited." She runs her fingers through her hair and Lauren just chuckles.

"Planning on wooing Selena tonight?" Lauren smirks and Camila immediately matches it.

"Yep." She pops the p. "Gomez ain't gonna know what hit her."

"Mmhmm. Well lets go before we're late, Casanova." Lauren retreats back into her apartment to grab her purse and then joins Camila outside the apartment. "Where's Sofi?"

Camila holds a finger up and quickly sticks her head in the door. "Sofi, c'mon!"

"Coming!" She hears a voice yell back. As soon as Sofi exits, Lauren bends down to her level.

"Hey Sofi. I'm Lauren." The girl extends her hand to her wife's mini me.

Sofi just lunges forward and wraps her small arms around a shocked Lauren. "Kaki said you helped her get these tickets thank you so much!" The young girl breathes out and Lauren just pats her on the back.

"No problem." Lauren beams and Camila's heart melts at the adorable interaction.

"Now lets go! The queen awaits." Sofi announces as she pulls back from the hug. The two older brunettes just chuckle.

Camila is nervous the entire car ride to the venue, but her nerves multiply as soon as they all get in line for the meet and greet. "Holy shit. I'm hyperventilating." Camila announces as they stand in line. "What if I pass out?" Her eyes widen as the thought crosses her mind and she quickly turns to Lauren.

"I'll catch you." Lauren smiles warmly at her.

"Well I guess that's somewhat comforting." Camila nervously wrings her hands. Her breathing labors as the line starts moving and Lauren just places a comforting hand on the small of her back. They finally get up in front of the curtain that separates them from the pop star.

"Lauren." Camila slaps the girl on the arm, her eyes trained on the black curtain in front of her. "Selena fucking Gomez is behind that." She whispers as she points to the curtain.

"She is." Lauren laughs at the frazzled fan girl beside her. Lauren expected Sofi to act like this, not Camila. Surprisingly, the younger Cabello is calm.

Camila makes Sofi and Lauren go in first so she can have 'a moment alone with her girlfriend.' Lauren just rolls her eyes at the dramatic girl, but takes Sofi in with her just as she is asked.

"Okay, it's your turn miss." The man with the headset ushers her in and she freezes as soon as Selena smiles at her.

"Hi, beautiful." Selena greets her warmly.

"H-hi." Camila awkwardly lifts her hand up and waves at the girl, not moving from her spot next to the curtain.

"I don't bite ya know." Selena winks and Camila's knees almost buckle.

"That's a shame." Camila mutters before she can stop herself. Her eyes go wide when she realizes what she just said.

Selena chuckles and Camila's face flushes. "You're adorable." The pop star steps forward and meets the girl halfway before pulling her into a hug. After the hug, Selena leads her over to the backdrop and throws an arm around her shoulder.

"I won't bite you, but I can do this." Selena leans in and presses a kiss to Camila's tan cheek that instantly reddens as soon as her lips touch it. The starstruck girl smiles brightly and the photographer captures the moment.

"It's so great to meet you, Selena." Camila finally blurts out when she gets her composure.

"I didn't catch your name?" Selena smiles adoringly at her.

"It's Camila." The Latina pipes up.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Camila." Selena squeezes her hand. "Enjoy the show."

Camila just nods and walks out to where a smirking Lauren, and a dazed Sofi, is standing.

"Smooth. Real smooth." Lauren chuckles as she puts an arm on Camila's lower back to guide them into the arena.

It was the best concert any of the girls had ever been to. Lauren sat in between the two sisters the whole time and needless to say, she's practically deaf now and she's pretty sure she has bruises on her upper arm from where Camila excitedly hit her every time Selena did a thing. 

"Best. Night. Ever!" Sofi yells as she slips on the T-shirt that Lauren bought her.

"Agreed." Camila cheeses big and nudges the green-eyed girl's shoulder. "This has been one of the best nights, Lo. I can't thank you enough."

"You don't have to thank me." Lauren lightly nudges her back. "I had the best time tonight with you two."

The three girls ride in silence for most of the car ride, all worn out from the concert. Camila turns around when they are halfway home and sees Sofi sleeping soundly, her head resting on the door. She turns her head to face Lauren when she hears a chuckle escape the girl's lips.

"What?" She questions, one eyebrow cocked.

"You told Selena that it's a shame she wouldn't bite you." The green-eyed girl snorts and quickly covers her mouth so she doesn't wake Sofi up.

Camila narrows her eyes playfully at the driver. "You're just jealous because she kissed me and not you."

No, I'm jealous because she got to kiss you, Lauren thinks.

When they arrive at the apartment, Lauren carries Sofi up to the apartment. After she lays her on Camila's bed, the older girl allows her eyes to roam Camila's room. She notices there aren't any pictures of her and Austin. Just pictures of her with Ally, Normani, Sofi, and Dinah. This gives Lauren hope.

She helps Camila get Sofi into her pajamas and then Camila walks her to the door.

"Goodnight, Lauren. Thanks again for everything." The younger Latina smiles.

"Night, Camz. And I told you, you don't have to thank me." Lauren closes the gap and pulls the girl into a hug. She wraps her arms around Camila's waist and the younger girl folds her own around Lauren's neck. After a couple of seconds, Camila pulls back and Lauren frowns from the loss of contact. She quickly catches the girl's hand before it falls to her side and gives it a light squeeze. After offering Camila one more smile, Lauren exits the apartment and waits by her wife's door until she hears the deadbolt lock click.

Both girls fall asleep that night with a smile on their face and butterflies in their stomach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.2K 21
A story about the up and down relationship of Dinah Jane and Lauren Jauregui
90.7K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...
532K 18.8K 67
You can't express yourself through words, instead you have music do it for you. == You're the socially awkward quiet kid, Camila's a social butterfly...
148K 4K 16
Camila gets an opportunity to interview a famous artist, Ms. Lauren Jauregui. What happens when the two girls start to have feelings for each other t...