Vampire King ~Kaname Kuran lo...

By gabstery

Emi Mizono belonged to an Aristocrat vampire family. Her parents were good friends of the Kuran family for hu... More

A/N -Emi Mizono-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
I'm back!!!!
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Epilogue-
Sequal has been Published!

-Chapter 21-

5.1K 130 18
By gabstery

God I didn't mean to make this a long chapter haha I just couldn't stop writing!
Enjoy~ hehe
(Sorry if theres any mistakes, let me know if you find any so I can fix it. My doctor said I'm showing signs of dyslexia.. ^^;)
~Sora

I sat up in bed after waking from a deep sleep. I noticed the morning sunlight that poured through the small opening of the curtains. 

'Morning already...?' I thought as a small yawn escaped from my lips. I brought my hand up to my neck as the spot where Kaname bit me still felt warm. The wound had already healed up, but it still....felt present. 

I pulled my fingers away and gazed at my hand.

'My blood.... was it able to satisfy Kaname? Was he that thirsty that he would drink from me...?'

I brought my hand up to my throat and gripped it and shut my eyes tightly as my thirst suddenly grew when I thought of Kaname. 

'That's strange...Why is my hunger acting up like this....? It gets worse when I think of him.' This is the first time I felt this thirsty... I immediately stood up and stumbled to the bathroom and grabbed the small box of tablets and shook out a few blood tablets and scarfed them down. I felt myself tense up at the bitter taste but felt the hunger calm down slightly. 

I let the sink run. I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. 'Since I grew up around humans, I had to survive off of tablets.'

 I brought my fingertips up to my lips. 'I've never taste actual blood...I wonder what Kaname's blood taste like-'

I gasped and my eyes widen. I shook my head and scolded myself. 'Why did I think that....? Do I crave...Kaname's blood?' I bite my lip and gripped the edge of the counter. 'My feelings towards him...' I didn't notice the water began to wiggle around and started to overflow. I gasped and quickly turned the knob to shut the water off. 

"Damnit," I whispered and grabbed a towel to clean up the mess. 'Jeez, what has gotten into me...?'

----------------------------------

I shut the bedroom door and walked down the hall. Rima had stuff to do with Shiki today so they were gone and I decided to go clear my head. I was roaming the halls until I heard someone's voice call out to me. I snapped from thoughts and turned my head towards the direction the voice came from. There I saw Aido walking towards me.

"I didn't expect you to be up this early. " I watched him walk up to me.

"I forgot to ask you something..." He said with a tired, yet sulky look.

I tilted my head in confusion and waited for the question he wanted to ask. He pulled out a small elegant white envelope from his pocket and handed it to me. I stared at the envelope and grabbed it hesitantly. 

"This is..." I spoke quietly.

"My family will be holding a soirée tonight and my father wanted to invite you. I was supposed to give it to you earlier this week, but I ended up getting side-tracked sooo, sorry about that." He sighed as he rubbed his neck.  I looked down at the envelope and flipped it to see my family name.

'Mizono'

"I see... I don't know if I'll be able to make it though..." I whispered.

"Well, I'm not forcing you to come. So don't stress about it." He yawned mid-sentence. "Anyways, I'm going to head back to bed. I'll see ya later~" He gave a playful smirk and walked off. I sighed and shoved the envelope in my nightgown pocket. I gasped when I felt someone grab my shoulder gently. I quickly turned around and my gaze met the reddish brown orbs. 

"Sorry did I scare you?" Kaname gave a small smile.

"O-Oh no! You caught me off guard that's all." I turned to him and laughed softly. He then noticed the white envelope sticking out my pocket. 

"Will you be attending the soirée tonight?" he asked as his gaze met mine. I felt my face heat up lightly. When I looked at his neck, I felt my thirst spike up again so I quickly averted my gaze.

"Probably not..." I gave a nervous laugh.

"Oh? Do you dislike them?" He questioned.

"Well...It's not that I don't like it, I've only attended only one in my whole life and that was 12 years ago! I would be a nervous wreck haha..." I blushed and kept my gaze away from him. He chuckled and cupped my cheek and made me look at him.

"You won't have to worry about such a thing. If it gets overwhelming, I'll be with you. No need to get nervous." He said with reassurance. Just by the touch of his hand... I feel so calm and safe like there is nothing to be afraid of. 

"Thank you, Kaname. I appreciate it..." I smiled, trying to control my heart, that was currently pounding.

"Would you like to ride with me and Ichijo?" he asked.

'Hm that doesn't sound bad..' I thought. I was about to agree until Kaname spoke.

"Ichio will also be there." He added.

"No thanks. I'm good." I immediately replied. I already began to sweat when I heard his name.

Kaname noticed my reaction and chuckled. "Alright, I'll see you tonight." His fingers slid through the strands of my wavy hair as he walked away.

_______________________________________

I sighed as I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was halfway pinned up and my combed hair looked curlier than usual and my small earrings swayed at the slightest movement, which bothered me. I had a navy blue, flowy dress that covered my feet and covered up to my collarbone.

'I'm not used to dressing up like this...' I bit my lip and slipped on a black shawl and walked out of the room and quickly walked out of the dorm. 

"Sorry to keep you guys!" I said as I quickly walked to the front gate. There stood Aido, Kain, and Ruka. Though Kain and Ruka were already walking down and Aido was standing at the first step. He turned around and sighed. 

"Let's get going." he looked a bit nervous. I nodded and we began to make our way down the stairs.

_____________________________________

I sighed when I noticed we had reached our destination. As the car pulled up to the large building, I gazed out the window and stared at the abandoned-like building. I looked around and noticed more cars pulling up and make their way into the building.

'I'm starting to feel even more nervous' I thought as I gripped my dress. We the car came to a stop, we all stepped out.

"Let's take the side entrance," Kain spoke. Aido and Ruka nodded and I followed close behind.

"Nervous?" Kain looked over at me.

"Hehe... You noticed?" I gave a nervous grin.

"There's nothing to be nervous about." Ruka sighed.

"I guess..." I whispered.

 "Hanabusa..." Kain turned around. Aido replied with a 'hm?' and looked over with a confused expression.

"For some unknown reason, Yuki Cross is lying here unconscious."

  I stopped in my track and looked down to see Yuki laid on the ground unconscious. "Yuki?!" I bend down, shaking her.  'She still breathing...' I thought in relief. I sighed and turned to Aido and Kain. "Should we take her back to the Academy?" I asked. But before they could reply, Kaname appeared behind them with a stern look, then looking down at Yuki. 

"What a troublesome girl." He sighed. He then gazed over to me and gave me a reassuring smile. "I'll take care of this so don't worry. Go on in with Aido and Kain."

I looked down at Yuki and nodded. "Al-alright." I stuttered. I stood up as Kain and Aido began to walk to the side entrance to the building. I followed close behind as I looked back to see Kaname pick Yuki up bridal style. I sighed and looked away.

'I don't have time to think about this... I hope she's alright.' I sighed quietly as I entered the dark building. In the distance, there was a faint chatter down the hallway that seemed to be coming from the large fancy-like door. I bit my lip and followed close behind. Kain opened the door and we walked out further and peeked over the corner of the wall, there revealed a large ballroom with many people or vampires.

Aido sighed, "I should go look for my father." he said as he walked off and disappeared into the chattering crowd.

"We should go find our parents as well," Ruka said with a slight annoyance in her tone.

"Yeah, you're right." Kain sighed and then turned to me with a concerned look. "Are you okay? I can stay if you want."

"Ah! No, no,  Don't worry about me, I'll be fine!" I replied in a shaky voice and waved my hands slightly. Kain nodded and walked off with Ruka and I stayed hidden behind the wall. I bit my lip and started to shake a bit. 

'Calm down...' I gripped the side of my dress and let out a small whimper. 

'Why did I even come...stupid anxiety!' I mentally yelled and squeezed my eyes shut as the voices got louder. I opened my eyes and peeked over the corner. I can't just hide here forever...

My heart began to beat fast and my hands grew slightly sweaty and my breath became short and shaky. The voices started to fade and were hard to hear. 'Why now....' I brought my left hand up to my head and sighed and shut my eyes and My other hand gripped my dress.

"Damnit..." I whispered. I gasped when someone grabbed my hand that was gripping my dress. I quickly turned my head.

"Wha-!" They placed their finger on my lips to quiet me. 

"Shhh, it's just me," Kaname said in a gentle whisper and held my hand.

"K-Kaname..." I bit my lip and tried to calm down. He squeezed my hand and brought me closer to him. 

"Forgive me... I shouldn't have left you alone..." He cupped my cheek.

"N-No I just got nervous over nothing. Y-You shouldn't apologize..." I managed to say. I gripped his hand and closed my eyes as I began to calm down. 

'His hand is so warm...' I thought.

"We can walk out together whenever you're ready." He spoke in a calming voice.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to keep you... How's Yuki?" I looked up with worry.

"She's alright. I had a car take her back to the Academy." He said.

"I see... I'm glad she's okay." I sighed in relief and gazed up at him.

He gave me a smile and squeezed my hand. I blushed as I realized that we were holding hands and I tried to pull my hand away, but instead, he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it. I felt my face turn red and no sound came from my mouth.

"Wha-!"

"Will you do me the pleasure of being my partner at tonights Soirée, Emi?" He opened his beautiful brown eyes and stared into mine, giving me a smile. 

I then returned the smile and nodded. "Of course, Kaname."

"Kaname!" I heard a voice come from behind us and We both turned to see Ichijo walk in.

"Oh hello, Emi!" He greeted. He noticed us holding hands and he smiled.

"Are you ready to go out now?" He asked, looking over to Kaname. I let go of his hand and gazed up at Kaname.

"Thank you for calming me down. Shall we go?" I smiled.

Kaname nodded and we began to walk out to the ballroom. When we entered, the ballroom became quiet and everyone, but the hunters, fell to their knees when seeing Kaname. I was a bit surprised to see Zero there. 

'So he's a hunter.' I thought as I glanced at Zero, who was standing in the middle of the room.

"Excuse me. I didn't mean to interrupt everyone. Please enjoy yourselves." Kaname spoke out as he stared at Zero.

"Lord Kaname." A voice from the crowd spoke out. "Is it true you stood up against the Senate to defend him, this one here?" The man pointed to Zero. Zero glanced at the man and stared.

"I did," Kaname responded. At that, everyone became astir and stood up.

"I respect Lord Kaname." Everyone murmured. "Lord Kaname, who is that woman who stands beside you?" someone spoke out. Kaname looked over to me and gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded and stepped forward.  

"G-Good evening. My name is Emi Mizono. It's a pleasure to meet you all." I gave a small bow to the vampire crowd. At the sound of my name, the room sparked up in chatter.

"Mizono?"

"I knew she looked familiar, She resembles Carla greatly!"

"The daughter?"

"She has Lord Kageyama's eyes!"

I bit my lip when they mentioned my parents, but I shook it off.

"It's such a shame of what happened. She's the only one left."

'That's not true....' I thought, averting my gaze down and thought of Kyou.

"Lord Kaname. Thank you for putting up with my son." Lord Aido walked up to Kaname and everyone became quiet.
"Thank you for inviting me, Lord Aido. I'm not comfortable at soirées, so I hardly ever attend..." Kaname turned to Lord Aido.

"Please don't worry about it. We have a special favor to ask of you tonight." He began as he turned to a girl with blonde hair. She walked up to Lord Kaname and gave a smile.

"Father!" Aido yelled.

"This is my daughter, Tsukiko. We hope that you, Lord Kaname, may take fancy to her.... that is the wish of our entire clan." He bowed. I tensed up and stared at Kaname, waiting for a response.
"Father, please! Lord Kaname, That's not my wish!" Aido stated as he glared at his father.

Kaname then smiled. "I don't know what will happen in the future... but I will remember her."
Tsukiko blushed.
At this, the ballroom roared.

"L-Lord Kaname! Please meet my daughter!"

"Lord Kaname used to ignore this topic completely!"

"Indeed. He has matured! He now understands his role as a rare Pureblood."
I gazed over the excited crowd.

"Oh my..." I quietly said.
Then everyone went quiet as we felt a presence. Everyone turned around to see a young, beautiful woman with long, wavy blonde hair stroll in. Everyone immediately bowed.

'Huh?'

"Everyone... Please don't make a fuss... You're inconveniencing Lord Kaname." The woman spoke out.

'This woman is...'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.4K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
2.6K 71 12
Everea Yasui is a vampire hunter, to her knowledge, her mother was Karmen Black, but there's so much more to her past. Much more. Kaname Kuran is a P...
224K 6.6K 52
Your whole life has been a lie. Your past is a mystery. When you become closer to Kaname Kuran, a Pureblood vampire, you start to discover more abo...
3.9K 101 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...