fire and rain // forheadedrose

By forheadedrose

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt." Loosely based on the new FOX show, Lethal Weapon. More

1. Promotion
2. Dinner
3. Surf n' turf
4. Best buds
5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1
6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2
7. Spilt milk pt.1
8. Spilt milk pt.2
9. Laundromat
10. Work party
11. Lifes a picnic
12. Noise complaint
13. Magic
14. Julian pt.1
15. Julian pt.2
16. Sunset
17. Jack the ripper
18. Shotgun wedding
19. Inappropriate work behavior
20. Big flashlight store
21. Second chances
22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella
23. Babysitter
24. Prodigal son
25. The list
26. To elope or not to elope?
27. Carnival honeymoon
28. Backyard sunset
29. Family tree
30. Last goodbye
31. Adjustments
32. The necklace
33. Guess who's back, back again
34. Decoy pt.1
35. Decoy pt.2
36. Jingle Bell glock pt.1
37. Jingle bell glock pt.2
38. Bathtub conversations
39. Counseling
40. Baby names
41. Destroying Yourself
42. Baby blues
43. Dog tags
44. Falling down
45. Danger
46. Homecoming
47. Family
48. Lawmen pt.1
49. Lawmen pt.2
50. Lawmen pt.3
51. Relative(ly annoying)
52. Brotherly love pt.1
53. Brotherly love pt.2
54. Brotherly love pt.3
55. Details
56. Issues
57. Memory
58. Therapy
59. Too much
60. One flight down
61. Goodbye my lover
62. What's left.
63. The same
64. "Yes ma'am."

48. Junior Detectives

937 29 0
By forheadedrose

D E J A

"Why did they put me up for adoption and not her? What's so special about her? I'm the one who is a Detective, a good Detective." I still yammered about Lexie the next day, not cooling down at all.

I scoffed lightly as I looked at Riggs who leaned on the countertops across from me in our mini kitchen.

"I'm sorry, I'm such a mess." I said sipping my coffee, "A hot mess." He smirked and I laughed.

"Hurry up and put a shirt on, we have to drop Danger off at the babysitters." I said as he walked over to me, "Don't be nervous." He said grabbing my shaking hands, "She can shadow someone else--" "No, it's really okay.. But if I murder her, I'm calling you to help me get rid of the body." I joked and he smiled before he kissed me, and almost on cue- Delilah started to fuss as she woke up on the big bed, all by herself.

I sighed as I rested my head on Martin's bare chest, before I went to feed and change the small girl and Martin was going to shower and change.

--

I carried some files across the office before setting them at Bailey's desk, so she could find our perps.

I turned and bumped shoulders with Lexie, "Not here." I said shaking my head, telling her I couldn't fight with her now.

She almost spoke before I walked back to my desk.

I sat down with a sigh, "How's it going?" Riggs asked and I shrugged, "I've been avoiding her all day." I said filling out some paperwork.

"Avery said I have to take her on this arrest with me, so that should be interesting." I said with a plastered smile.

"Actually, I have to go." I said looking up at the clock, "I'll see you when I get back, alright? I love you." I said rolling towards him and placed a kiss on his lips, he told me to hurry back before telling me he loved me too.

"Delgado, come on." I said looking at my little sister, she jumped from her small desk in the corner and nearly fell as she tried to catch up with me.

I looked over at Riggs and he smirked, a coffee cup in his hands.

The car ride was silent, until she spoke up, "Why don't you talk to me? Because I'm dying to talk to you." She blurted.

I glanced at her, my face as hard as stone, "What is there to say? We're barely sisters, we were raised by different mothers and fathers. As far as I'm concerned, the Murtaugh's are my only family." I said, speaking how I felt.

"I know our parents didn't raise you, but they raised me. They might've not been there for you but they were wonderful to me." She said and I scoffed.

"If you're trying to make a point, your not doing very good." I said.

"What did I ever do to you to be treated this way? I didn't put you up for adoption! I wasn't even born yet!" She raised her voice as I parked and got out of the car.

"I want to know why did they not want me? Why did they get rid of me and keep you? Think about that, put yourself in my shoes.. I was the unwanted one. So no, I'm not thrilled to find out I have a younger sister who had two parents that wanted her." I said as we stood in the parking lot, yelling over the car.

Granted, I had two amazing sets of parents, but it'd be different if I was wanted in the beginning.

"I had amazing parents and I have amazing parents right now-- but they're not the same as yours, alright? So no, we're not sisters as far as I'm concerned." I said and she looked at me, her eyes showing hurt.

I left into the sketchy apartment, I could hear Lexie behind me, we stood in silence in the elevator, on our way to apartment 204, Hector James.

He was the one who we believed stole those things and shot the owner of the store yesterday.

We walked down the hall and knocked on the door and an older Caucasian male answered.

"Hector James?" I asked and he gave me a weird look before slowly nodding, "LAPD, you're--" Before I could finish he ran out the door, brushing past me and then pushing Lexie against the wall  before she fell to the ground and he started running down the hall.

I contemplated chasing him but decided against it because we know where he lives, we know what he drives.

I turned to my sister who sat up on her elbows, "Get up." I said.

"Why? I'm not any good at this, you hate me a-and I shouldn't be here." She said sniffling.

I sighed heavily as I turned towards her, "You have to want this, Lexie." I said sternly.

"Because they're gonna keep coming at you. They're gonna keep knocking you down. And you have to get back up, you have to show that you can get back up." I said sternly but also with some empathy because I know where she's coming from- this job tests you.

Even something as simple as being pushed over, you question why you do this.

I reached my hand down for her to take, she wiped under her eyes before she latched her hand onto mine and I pulled her from the ground.

"Why didn't you go after him?" She asked, "We know where he lives, what he drives, his family and friends. He's not getting away, we'll just have a team arrange to arrest him when he gets back to the apartment." I shrugged, because it wasn't a big deal.

"And, you never leave your partner when they're down. Not matter what." I said glancing at her, she looked up at me quickly.

I couldn't help but feel some type of relationship between us, which I hated because I want to hate her and yell at her some more.

-

M A R T I N

"You-you're Detective Riggs, right?" Deja's little sister asked.

"That's me. And you're my wife's younger sister, Lexie Delgado." I said fixing up my wife's coffee for her in the break room.

"What-What's she like?" She asked looking up at me, I glanced at her eyes and saw Deja's eyes, except Lexie's were dark green.

"Don't." I smirked because I knew about the fight they had a few days ago, and I knew how terrible and depressed Deja felt afterwards.

"Right, sorry." She breathed, looking away from me.

I sighed heavily before I turned towards her, "She's one hell of a woman. She's obviously beautiful, and she's smart, and she's kind." I spoke briefly.

"She cares way too much, especially about her family. She'll never give up on you.. she's strong, and the mother every girl wishes she had." I said and Lexie listened to me intently.

"You're lucky-- to know her like that." She said, slightly smiling.

"Luck had nothing to do with it.. It was a miracle that she fell in love with me, or else I'd be a hopeless man." I said and Lexie smiled.

"You love her?" She asked and I chuckled.

"I find her miraculous. Breathtakingly stunning. Just.." I sighed, slightly shaking my head, "I can't stop looking at her and kissing her and falling even more in love with her everyday." I spoke breathlessly and Lexie smiled.

"Thanks, Riggs." She said and I sighed because I said way too much.

I slightly shook my head with a smiled because Lexie reminded me of Deja.

Lexie left and I finished fixing up her coffee before walking out to the office.

I walked up from behind Deja and kissed her soft neck after setting her coffee down on her desk.

"Detective Young, looking beautiful as always." I complemented her and she smirked, "What'd you do?" She caught on to my antics quickly.

"I talked to Lexie." I admitted, resting my forehead on her shoulder in shame.

"I heard you, and I'm not mad. How could I be mad after hearing you talk about me like that?" She smiled up at me as I lifted up my head.

"And I will never stop kissing you and loving you and staring at you." She said and a smile played on my lips.

I leaned down and kissed her soft lips, not caring who stared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 248 19
Just a book for BSM and DDM with 5SOS!
57K 634 59
@lukehemmings followed you! @lukehemmings dm'd you! lukehemmings: you ate pretty lukehemmings: ate* lukehemmings: are* shit!
5.2K 411 29
Kill or be killed - The choice is yours. [ COMPLETED ] © windystormy, 2015
143K 9.1K 41
in which a teacher and a student try to find a way for their relationship to work. lowercase intended.