ALDC Transformed // Dance Mom...

By Taylor_Smiles

When Katie Rose is given the opportunity to join ALDC LA, she jumps at the chance. However going to the studi... More

Chapter 1: School Lunch
Chapter 2: My Life Just Changed
Chapter 3: The Beginning of Something New
Chapter 4: Pyramid
Chaper 5: Friendship Cake
Chapter 6: Just a Mini Situation
Chapter 7: Practice Never Ends Perfect
Chapter 8: The Sleepover
Chapter 9: You're In
Chapter 10: Ballerinas and Ballerinos
Chapter 11: Jojo Juice
Chapter 12: Friends are your Competition
Chapter 13: We got Bowling fans
Chapter 14: Traveling in Style
Chapter 15: Vegas Fun
Chapter 16: The Competition
Chapter 17: The Evening
Chapter 18: Tiffany... Is bad
Chapter 19: Your Out and We're In...
Chapter 20: The Unexpected
Chapter 21: Learn to Act
Chapter 22: The interviews
Chapter 23: Dad...
Chapter 24: A Little bit of Fun
Chapter 25: They're Coming
Chapter 26: Good Morning America
Chapter 27: New York Opportunities
Chapter 28: Breakdowns
Chapter 29: Awards
Chapter 30: I Wont Forget You
Chapter 31: Are you Coming Back?
Chapter 32: Just Keep Dancing
Chapter 33: Times a Tickin'
Chapter 34: Stop Being a Flirt
1k?!?!? OMG THANK YOU!
Chapter 35: Gloomy Days
Chapter 36: A Trip to See the Boys
Chapter 37: The Road was Closed
Chapter 38: We're like Sisters
Chapter 39: A Unique Friendship
Chapter 40: Bringing Tears
Wattpad Instagram Page
Chapter 41: Attention Giver
Chapter 42: A Hint of Jealousy
Chapter 43: Unhealthy Competition
Chapter 44: Everyone Wants to Leave
Chapter 45: Win or Loose
Chapter 46: Bowling or Not
Chapter 47: A Great Surprise
Chapter 48: Filling My Week
Chapter 49: Busy Bee
Chapter 50: Girl in the Parking Lot
Quick News
Chapter 51: Holiday Special
Chapter 52: Hello Again
Life Update
Chapter 53: Shop or Drop
Chapter 54: ALDC Holiday Party 2k17
Chapter 55: Traditional ALDC Holiday Sleepover
Chapter 56: Creative Thinking
Dance Moms Contest
Chapter 57: Sing it Right
Chapter 58: Mr. Grinch
Chapter 59: Perfectly Packed Day
Chapter 60: Backup Dancers and Giraffe Onesies
20k Reads Freak Out
Chapter 61: River of Tears
Congratulations @MileneLopes6
Chapter 62: Today's Going to be Better
Chapter 63: Promo Filming
Chapter 64: Where Dreams come True
Chapter 65: Have You Ever Bluebot?
Chapter 66: Or is it Not?
Chapter 67: None of Them Know
Chapter 68: Got a Leak
Chapter 69: So Much Hurt
Chapter 70: Back At It
Chapter 71: Stress
Chapter 72: Happy Tears
Authors Final Words
ALDC Transformed 2
New Book Link Released
ALDC Transformed 2
100k Reads?!
Blank
Are You Interested in Joining a Roleplay?

Chapter 73: The Journey has just Begun

4.2K 80 15
By Taylor_Smiles

"Please welcome to the stage the ALDC with The Fight. This dance was dedicated to Katie Rose and her mother Amanda Rose."

I looked to Abby and she gave me a smile. I knew exactly what the dance was going to be about and I directed my attention back to the stage. I couldn't believe they're dedicating this dance to my mother and I. It's so sweet that they care and that Abby choreographed the dance just for us.

Jojo entered the stage first with Maddie, Kalani, and Mackenzie following close behind her. Jojo is wearing an absolutely beautiful baby pink costume with rhinestones all over it. Maddie, Kalani, and Mackenzie are all wearing plain white dresses.

I clapped my hands together with the rest of the crowd as the girls entered. They got to their starting positions and waited for the music.

The music starts out very slow and peaceful and eventually the rest of the girls take the stage wearing plain baby blue dresses with a pink ribbon wrapped around the waist.

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned. There begins to be words in the music. At this point my eyes are tearing up as the "doctors" gather around Jojo.

It will be hard.

The fight is tough.

But you are tougher.

I begin to cry as Jojo struggles survive. The dancing is beautiful. Melissa notices my tears and wraps her arm around me.

The journey is not easy.

But you will take the fight by storm. You will do everything you can to win this fight.

So that one day, you'll be all right.

You will win the fight.

Tears are streaming from my face. The girl's dance is absolutely amazing. As the music fades out the "family" hugs Jojo and leads her off the stage as the "doctors" leave on the other side of the stage.

"What did you think?" Melissa asked looking to me.

"They did so good." I say crying as I try to wipe my eyes.

"Awe don't cry." Melissa hugged me.

"Can we go see them." I smiled once again wiping tears from my eyes.

"Of course." Melissa replied.

We all make our way back to the dressing room and waited for the girls to come in. My emotions at the moment are all over the place. The girls did so good and it was so touching for them to dedicate a dance to my mom and I. Going through all this with my mother right now is just so kind of them to make an effort to show me everything will be alright. It's helping me believe that everything truly will be okay.

"Katie!" The girls shout as they come into the room creating a giant group hug with my in the middle of it all. This time I don't even bother to wipe the tears from my face.

"I love you guys so freaking much!"

"Same, I don't know what I would do without you all." Brynn cried, which we were all in tears.

"I'm never letting go." Maddie laughed through her tears.

"Agreed, you are all like my little sisters and I wouldn't be here without you guys." Kalani admitted.

"No matter where our lives take us I know I'll always be able to count on all of you." Nia said sweetly.

"Ugh I love you guys more than words can explain!" Mackenzie sniffed.

"We're all ruining our makeup but I wouldn't give it up for this." Kendall joked causing us all to laughing bringing us all back to a sense of reality.

The Minis come over to us and we congratulate the girls on their performance. The elites also got a lot of compliments for their show stopping performance as well.

Now that we look terrible we decide to use our time to clean ourselves up. I hadn't brought any makeup considering I didn't compete today. I'll need to borrow someone else's. Considering Maddie is the closest to me I'll just ask her. I walk over to Maddie who is currently talking to Melissa. They immediately halt their conversation when I walk over. All I had heard was something about a trophy. Both of their faces looked alert but I just ignored it. "Hey Mads can I borrow your makeup?"

"Yeah sure it's over there." Maddie directed me away.

"Okay thanks." I replied before walking over to Maddie's makeup stand. I keep noticing Maddie and Melissa shift their eyes towards me. What is going on with them? I'm sure I'll find out later considering the camera recording them.

I try to figure out what's going on up until awards. I might as well give up on it, considering it's probably not important. Most likely just personal business.

***

"Hello! Has everyone had a good time today at Energy dance competition?" The crowd cheered at the announcer. I cannot wait for the results the girls did spectacular. The announcer began sifting through the awards starting with the solo category.

"In our mini soloist division in third place we have... act one fifty seven with Simply Divine!"

"In second place... act number forty two Rose Pedals!"

"In first place in our mini soloist division... act number one hundred thirty four Just Smile!"

Lilly got up and she looked really happy but also shocked she got first. She accepted her award happily, took a picture, then resumed back into her sitting position next to the other Minis.

The announcer went through the other divisions until she finally got to the teen division.

"In third place we have Trisha with Irrelevant!"

"Second place... Denise with Unpredictable!"

"Lastly our Teen Soloist who is also the overall soloist of the entire competition... ALDC's Maddie Ziegler with Half Here Half Not!"

Everyone cheered for her as she got up to accept the very tall trophy. I'm proud of her for winning it. The tall trophies are always special to win. "Who choreographed this dance Maddie?" The announcer asked after she had accepted the award.

"Abby Lee Miller and Gia Martello."

"Nice they did a good job, would you like to say anything to anyone here today?"

"Actually I would like to donate this trophy to my best friend in the whole world, Katie Rose. She's been going through a really hard time lately and this dance was actually about us. I just want her to know I'm always going to be there for her." I cannot believe this my heart is melting. "No matter what happens things will work themselves out."

"Can we get Katie on the stage." The announcer asked and I get up. I walked up the side stairs and eventually make it up. I walked straight to Maddie and give her a hug. Tears welled in my eyes threatening to come out as I do so.

"Maddie thank you." I smiled.

"You deserve it more than me really."

Eventually after the sweet moment Melissa escorts me back to my seat tears slipping from her eyes as well as mine. I couldn't help but notice the other moms giving Melissa the cold shoulder when we get back to the seats. I honestly really don't want to know.

We sat through a whole bunch of awards going through a bunch of categories until we finally reached the group category.

The Minis placed first with their She lights up a room routine. I thought it was wonderful and the girls seemed really happy, which I love seeing smiles on their faces.

"Okay it's getting serious now! We're down the the top three places for our teen group category!" The announcer raised the anxiety level of many of the the teen dancers.

"In third place... Keep up Rosas Dance Studio!"

"Second place... Gold Lydias Dance Studio!"

"Now your first place teen group is... The Fight!" The girls got up excitedly as the crowd cheered them on.

"Girls what studio do you come from?"

"Abby Lee Dance Company!"

"And who choreographed this dance?"

"Gia Martello and Abby Lee Miller." Jojo replied beaming.

"Do you girls have anything to say?"

"We love you Katie!" The girls all say in unity. It's pretty clear they had that all planned out ahead of time. I think that's sweet.

They sat back down after being asked a few more questions and then the competition began announcing the personal more fun awards for things such as choreography, costumes, etcetera.

"At this time could we would like to invite Katie Rose back up to the stage."

I looked around shocked immediately looking to Abby. "Go on." She encouraged.

I walked up to the stage confused probably looking absolutely stupid. Melissa followed short behind me. To answer the question of why, I honestly have no idea. But I'm gonna go on a limb here and say it was support.

"Now Katie you've always been a pretty memorable face in the dance world. We've actually been saddened to hear that you're going through quite a hard time lately with your mom. Which is why we've got a little something for you." I watched as a man brought two big checks over to the lady. "Energy dance would like to donate five thousand dollars to you just to pay for some of your moms medical expenses. Now that's not all, we will also be donating another five thousand dollars to go towards cancer research."

My mouth hangs open as I try to process what's happening. "Oh my gosh."

Tears of joy start running down my face uncontrollably. "This cant be happening." Mellisa places her hand in my shoulder to comfort me.

"Thank you so much." The announcer held her arms out to me and I give her a hug then she handed me one of the checks and the other to Melissa.

"If it isn't too much to ask would it be okay if you shared your mom's story with us?" She asked. With everything that Energy dance competition is doing for me right now it's not even a choice to share the story.

I talk about how my mom got into a crash then was put into a coma. I went on about how she is still in a coma now and that the doctors found evidence of cancer. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when I finished telling the story.

After the award ceremony ended I got my picture taken up on the stage more times than I can count. With Abby, the moms, the girls, the announcers, other Energy dance staff, fans, the list could go on.

***

Right now I'm waiting outside with everyone waiting for Liv's mom to come pick me up to take me back to the hospital.

"I don't know how long it will be until the next time I see you guys and it's making me cry even more."

"Stop you're gonna make me cry for like the five thousandth time today!" Kalani wiped her eyes clear of any tears.

"We are all best friends and I don't know what I would do without you guys." Brynn began crying which I hugged her. Thus began the giant group hug once again.

Cancer is fighting my mom and so is a coma. I honestly probably couldn't think of a worse combination. These girls I've grown so close to in the last few months. I love each and every one of them to the moon and back. Sure I'm going through something terrible but I know there is a lesson hidden deep within. I just haven't found it yet. This journey is just beginning however. Hopefully I can make it through.

"I'll see you guys soon..." I chocked up as I waved goodbye to everyone. I turned around and entered Liv's mother's car.

A tear slides down my face as we drive off.

I must keep reminding myself,
It's goodbye for now but not forever.

Because as mentioned earlier,
This journey has just begun.

And it's not even close to being over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 357 27
Maddie Ziegler's used to being Abby Lee's it girl, so when a new girl joins the team she realizes she might've taken the spotlight for granted. [pls...
136K 2.6K 42
Sequel to ALDC Transformed. Where will Katie go now...? How will she continue...? People may not be as they seem. DO NOT COPY MY BOOK - COPYRIGHT ALL...
16.7K 514 100
It's Season 6, Chloe Lukasiak didn't leave the ALDC and Dance Moms after Season 4. What if the season ended differently? What if Maddie was more heav...
12.4K 122 35
Fresh off of winning their second straight National Title, The Abby Lee Dance Company enter the 2012-13 dancing season ready to make it three straigh...