Wanted, Missing and Unknown

By keal2008

Slone has had an awful life. Her father threw her out when she was fourteen and since then, she's been a high... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 2

35.5K 201 16
By keal2008

I watched Larissa drive away and my heart felt like it was going to rip from my chest. I needed her to give me just a few minutes. I wasn't as creepy as she was thinking I was. I just had to get her to listen and understand who I was and who she was to me. I’d never had so much trouble with a woman in my whole life but seeing the fight in her was more than enough confirmation for me to know she was it for me. She was the one I was looking for.

Looking to the sky, I sighed deeply and walked back around the outside of the hotel, using the elevator I came down in. Brian, the asshole who had the nerve to touch Larissa, let alone disrespect her like he did, was waiting for me when I stepped off the elevator. I wanted to kill him right there on my living room floor for simply touching her, but I didn’t want to clean up the mess. He wasn’t worth the effort.

"Eric, I didn't know it was her. I'm sorry…" Before he could finish I moved to him and backhanded him. I watched him fall to the ground and when he moved, I knelt and grabbed the front of his shirt. I made sure his face was close to mine so when I spoke, I didn’t have to repeat myself.

"Brian, I haven't slept with anyone is how long? How could you even think she was anyone else? You touched her and you disrespected her. You are no longer employed for me. Leave now." If Brian had any common sense left in that damn head of his, he'd leave before my anger got the best of me. With that I moved away from him, pushing on his chest so he moved away from me. There was no point in him asking for his job back, I wasn't giving in.

I walked back into my room, stopping when I suddenly took in her smell; it hit me like a brick wall. The memories of last night came flooding back and they were amazing. She'd given in to my every request and desire without question. She'd let me touch her any place I wanted to and from her moaning and begging, I knew she'd let her guard down with me. I can remember the look on her face last night as I ran my hands over her sexy little body. I don't think she knew how into it she was getting and I actually got a bit jealous hoping she wasn't like this with every person she'd ever been with. I'd like to think she and I had something special, something real.

I got back into bed and pulled her pillow to my face and laid there until I couldn't smell anything but her. I knew I'd never make it a day without seeing her, let alone a week. I grabbed my phone and called the number I'd used to book her originally. I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to say but I needed some kind of excuse to see her again.

"Hello?" The same women who'd answered last night answered again.

"Hello, my name is Eric, I called last night." Before I could finish I was cut off by panic.

"Did Slone make it to your appointment? She never called me last night and I'm worried sick about her. She never forgets to call me and she hasn't called since before you two met last night. Do you know where she is?" The genuine panic in her voice made me realize this woman was more than just the person who made Slone's appointments. She was a friend, a very good friend.

"She actually just left. She fell asleep here last night. She was very tired and I told her to stay. That's my fault, not hers. I was actually calling because I wanted to book Slone again if that's possible Do you know if she has any free time?" The woman on the other end cleared her throat and after a few moments, asked me when I'd like to see her again.

"Well, how much does she normally make a day?" I didn't want anyone else touching her, kissing her and I sure didn't want anyone else making love to her.

"Uh, I can't tell you that." I smiled and realized she could tell me but she wouldn't, so I just told her my offer.

"Look, last night Slone and I really clicked and I would like to buy her time for the next week. How much will you charge me to give her the next week off to herself?" There was no answer on the other end. I waited and waited and after what seemed like forever, I threw out a number.

"How does fifty thousand dollars for the week sound? I know I'm asking the impossible but I'd really like to offer Slone some time off. Will you please just take my offer and make sure that she isn't booked for the next week?" There was stuttering, mumbling and rustling of papers on the other end of the phone and I laughed slightly at her shock.

"Are you sure? That's so much money. You're not going to hurt her or anything if she takes this money, right?" I was taken aback by her question and actually a bit offended. I cared for her. I’d never hurt Slone, but I understood why she would ask that. She didn’t know me or know anything about me.

"I'd never hurt her, ever!" I half growled and she apologized.

"Slone is my best friend and I'd never want her to be hurt because of what she does. She's just never had any kind of offer like this before and before I accept, I just want to make sure her having the week off is the only stipulation in taking the money?" I'd have to hug this woman when I finally met her. She obviously cared for Larissa very much and it made me glad to know she had one person who was actual "family" to her.

"I promise and all I'm asking in return is that she has the week off and relaxes. Maybe shop, buy something nice but mostly relax. I'm sure it's been a while since she had a vacation and how about I throw in another ten thousand for you as well? You can both take the week off. She is lucky to have someone as caring as you in her life." The stuttering and loss of words started again and I spoke before she did.

"Sixty thousand dollars would raise some flags through both our banks, so how about I meet you somewhere and drop the cash off. Is that alright?" Before I could say anything more, she said yes.

"I'll give you my address and see you later today. I'll be here all day so any time is fine. Thank you very much. You are a generous man." I could hear the genuine shock and thanks in this woman's voice and I knew that she was a great person to have on your side.

We traded some information and we hung up the phone. I didn't want Larissa to want for anything and I knew as soon as she was told I'd "bought" her for the week, she'd be beyond pissed. I had to do it before she could tell Liz not to come and accept my money. She was a proud woman and it was clear she’d worked for everything she had. Giving her money would seem like charity to Slone and it definitely wasn’t charity. I needed to get a move on things before Larissa caught wind of any of this, so I showered, got dressed and headed out to the bank.

When I went inside and asked to withdrawal sixty thousand dollars, they were anxious and excited. I was offered several ways out. I was even asked if I was in some kind of trouble and needed the police discreetly notified. I just told them I was buying a new house and this was my down payment. That seemed to stop all questions. I hated coming to places like this. I hated that people treated me differently because I had money.

About an hour later, I was finally on my way to the address Liz had given me. The address was on the other side of town, the bad part of town. I expected run down but the building I stopped in front of was awful. I was suddenly glad that almost no one could hurt me and I was carrying a gun or I'd have been very skeptical to get out of my car here. I walked up the four flights of stairs and looked for apartment four D. I saw it at the end of the hall and just as I was about to knock, the door swung open. Liz was a pretty woman. She wasn’t my kind of woman and after seeing Slone, I don’t think anyone could ever compare to her but Liz was pretty in her own right. Her blonde hair complemented her dark brown eyes.

"I'm glad you found it ok. I was hoping you would get here before Slone came home." Liz said in a huff and I was shocked that almost three hours after Slone had left, she still wasn't home. She was in such a hurry to get home earlier and she still wasn't here? Where in the hell was she then?

"Have you talked to Slone? She left my place nearly three hours ago." I realized I was coming on a bit strong but I didn't want anything bad to happen to her… hence my fifty thousand dollar gift.

"Uh, yeah I talk to her a little while ago. She was upset about something but wouldn't tell me what. She said she was going to the gym. She will be there most of the day. It’s where she goes to cool off." Liz just shrugged her shoulders like it was nothing but I looked at her like she was insane. Slone worked out almost all day? That was some serious endurance and foolishness. I couldn't have pissed her off so badly that she needed to blow off steam for a whole day?

"Do you mind if I come in and give this to you. I don't want to hand it over in the hallway." Liz looked me in the eye and nodded, stepping aside for me to come in. I walked into her apartment and gasped to myself. These women had a very nice apartment and it was clear that they'd spent their own money fixing it up to meet their needs. The building may be a dump but their apartment was not. The rooms I could see were very clean, updated and feminine with touches of dark colors. There was a desk where the kitchen table should have been and Liz walked over to it and sat down.

Liz looked up at me and it was clear she had something to say to me but didn't know how to ask, so I walked over to the desk and sat down in one of the chairs that were opposite her. She cleared her throat and then got back up from her desk. She placed her hands on the top of the desk and leaned towards me. With her best intimidating voice she asked me, "Why do you want Slone to have a break? You're a new client and it's strange that one night with her would cause you to want to give her such a huge gift." I didn't know what Liz knew about Slone, so I didn't want to reveal too much. I guess I would just be honest, to some extent.

"She and I really clicked last night and she just seemed tired. She doesn't know I'm here and she doesn't know I'm giving you this money so I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell her it's from me. Please keep it a secret for as long as you can. I'm not asking you to lie, but maybe just hold off on telling her the honest truth for a while." I smiled at Liz and she nodded at me, agreeing. I knew then that Liz was Slone's right hand man. It was becoming more and more clear that I knew one thing she didn't. I knew Slone was Larissa. It wasn’t my intention to come here and stir up things between the two women; I just wanted Slone to have time to think about what I’d said.

I gave Liz the money and told her that if she needed anything, she or Slone, that she could call me anytime. Liz was still very skeptical of me but she didn’t stop me from leaving quickly, like she was uncomfortable that I was here. I was walking down the four flights of stairs when I heard Slone yelling at someone a flight or two beneath me. I stopped walking and listened to her yell.

"Whoa chick, I don't know what you're talking about." Hearing her snap at some girl made me smile.

Another female voice said, "You stupid slut. You think that just because you have nice clothes and a nice car you're something special? Well, you're not. You're a dirty whore and if you try to sleep with my man again, I'll kill you." No one was going to threaten her and get away with it but I was curious what she would say.

"I have no interest in your man, or you. Get the hell out of my face before you piss me off." I smiled and looked for an emergency exit to slip out of. I didn't want her to catch me here. I couldn't think of a good lie for being in her building, of all places.

I didn't see an emergency exit and she was getting closer to me. I did the last thing I could think of. I knocked on someone's door and asked to come in, using my persuasive ways. An older woman answered the door and she easily asked me to come in just as Slone was passing by me.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Davis," Slone said to her and the sound of her voice made me smile. I knew she had a softer side, she just didn’t show it often. Hearing her be nice to Mrs. Davis made me want to get to know Slone better, make her open up to me.

"Good afternoon dear. You make sure you come see me soon." I heard her footsteps stop and I realized I was going to get caught. I may as well just turn around to face her and get this over quickly.

"I will. Have a great day." She was no more than ten feet behind me and didn't seem to even notice me. I heard her soft footsteps move farther away from me and then start up the stairs. I caught the back end of her as she rounded the corner up the stairs and it took everything in me not to run after her.

I told the old woman who I had the wrong apartment and I left quickly. I didn't want to be caught in Larissa's apartment building when she found out I'd given her and Liz the money. I only hope that she saw it as an act of kindness, not that I wanted something more from her. I got back to my car and drove off quickly, wishing I would be a fly on the wall when she got home.

Six hours ago, I left Eric's place and I needed to cool down. My emotions and mind were going a million miles an hour. Nothing made sense. I needed to beat the hell out of something and there was no one I liked punishing more than myself.

I drove as quickly as I could to the gym and worked my body until I couldn't stand. My lungs were begging for air and my muscles were screaming at me to stop but I couldn’t. I liked the pain and I liked being in control of how I made myself feel. I could push myself as hard or far as I wanted and I was the only cause for the outcome.

I finally realized that I needed to stop. People were looking at me like I was crazy, running full out for over an hour. I was covered in sweat and a shower sounded like heaven. I’d finally found my clarity again as I stepped back on to the floor. Liz was calling me every three minutes, I couldn't stop thinking about the way Eric's touch drove me crazy. I just needed some space and time to process it all but realized I was probably making more of this than needed. It was just one night and some random guy. Yes he was handsome and amazing in bed but he was a stranger. He didn’t know anything about me and as long as I kept my feelings under control, he would never know me.

Liz was my only friend and she didn't even really know my whole past. I needed to come clean with her about the real me, about Larissa and I'd take our friendship from there. She was the harder of the two conversations I needed to have. When I thought of Eric's eyes as I left him, my heart broke. I don't what my pull or attraction to him was, but he seemed to have the answers to all my questions, and then some.

I finished beating myself up and made my way back to the locker room to get my things. I checked my phone again, seeing Liz had called me another twelve times. I texted her back that I was OK and I was at the gym, leaving to head home. She didn't respond so I assumed she got my text.

As I was driving home I realized that I'd never let myself be with anyone because there wasn't anyone I felt that pull to, but finally having that pull with Eric made me want to at least hear him out and listen to what he had to say. I could calmly listen to him without giving in to him in any way. They were only words and I was smart enough to see through someone’s game.

I decided I'd wait until at least tomorrow and make him sweat a little about what my answer would be. I didn't want to see desperate. I looked at my phone and saw his number there, calling out to me. Uh, I was not this weak woman who fell all over guys. I needed to find a balance between letting my wall down and staying strong.

My car ride home was quiet, needing the silence for a minute. I had finally sorted all of my "issues" out in my head and was thankful for the quiet. I parked my car and started making my way up the stairs to my apartment. Liz and I really needed to find a new place that had a working elevator. My legs were killing me after my day long workout.

I was on the second floor when I noticed Mrs. Davis speaking to a man at her door. He looked perfect from behind. He was tall with a perfect ass, one that I'd love to sink my teeth in to. I said hello to her because she looked a bit uneasy about him being there. As I started to speak, she seemed to relax and I just thought maybe he was family, telling her something she didn't want to hear. I said good day and kept walking but just as I turned the corner I looked back and I thought I saw Eric's face looking up at me from the floor below. I didn't want to cause a scene and run back down there and I was probably just "seeing his face" because I was thinking about him all day. Man I need a shower and a beer!

I finally reached my apartment, only to be attacked my Liz. She pulled me into a tight hug and said, "If you ever don't answer your phone again for a whole day, especially after meeting up with a new client, I'll kill you myself... alright?" She didn't let me go, like I expected and I knew she was waiting for my response.

"Yes ma'am," I said and she finally let me go.

"Good. Now, I need you to sit down because we need to talk about something." I rolled my eyes and sat down anyways. My legs were killing me so really, I'd make my choice to sit down. I knew she was just going to lecture me and it was better to just let her get it all out now and get it over than let her fester about it and cause it to only make her angrier.

"OK, shoot. What's up?" I opened my bottle of water from my bag and looked at Liz for her to answer me. Then I took in her expression, like really looked at her. She looked scared.

"Liz, what's going on? What's wrong?" She moved towards me, sitting down and placed her hands in her lap and then she lowered her face so she wasn't looking at me anymore. Shit, this was going to be bad. Did she somehow find out about my past?

"OK, so you know that guy from last night; the new client?" I nodded my head, unsure where she was headed with this.

"Well, he called back this morning and booked you for the whole week; or rather he paid for your time and asked you have the week off. He said you too clicked and he wanted you to have some alone time. Time to think and relax." I instantly felt my face get red in anger. I wasn't going to take my anger out on Liz. I wasn't going to take my anger out on Liz. I kept chanting it over and over in my head.

"There's more Slone. He's also paid a lot for you to have this time off." With that statement I was on my feet.

"Who the hell does he think he is? He can't just buy me and expect me to do whatever he says because he threw money at me... or rather you. Give me the money Liz, I'm going to go give it back to him and shove it up his...” I was cut off my Liz's hand over my mouth.

"Calm the hell down OK. I talked to him about this before I accepted his offer. Sit down and listen before you do something you'll regret." I did as she asked because being on the wrong side of Liz wasn't a good idea. I took a few deep breaths and drank my bottle of water in one shot.

"Are you calm?" Liz asked me and I nodded my head because I wasn't and my bitchy tone would only tip her off.

"Alright, so when he called this morning he said he wanted you to have a week off, no strings attached, by the way. He said you weren't obligated to give him anything in return. He just said you looked like you could use a vacation. He paid way more than anyone ever has Slone." When Liz mentioned money, I snapped. I didn't do this job because it was fun, I did it because I was dead inside and it paid really well. Since I'd been on my own, money was the only thing that I knew I could count on.

"How much?" It wasn't a nice tone my question came out in and Liz flinched slightly, hesitating to answer. I raised my eyebrows to tell her I was waiting and she took a really deep breath and said, "He left you fifty thousand dollars. He also paid me ten." I was back on my feet, using ever curse word and nasty thing I could think, directing it all at him. How dare he treat me like I was his property? I'm going to kick him ass from here until next week.

"You keep your money OK. You deserve it, but I want the money he paid for me. Did he just wire it like normal? Can I go to the bank and take it all back out?" I lowered my tone, not wanting to scream at Liz but she should have known me better than this.

"No, actually he dropped it off here a while ago. I'm actually surprised you didn't pass him on the way home. He left about two minutes before you came in." My mind went back to the guy in the hallway and I knew that my mind thinking I saw Eric was me actually seeing Eric. Damn that man!

"Please get me that money Liz, I'm taking it back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 44.6K 35
Hi my name is Katelyn. I'm 17 years old and live in a world were the supernaturals rule the world. There is the Angels, Demons, Vampires, Werewolves...
1.1K 133 33
Meet Anna,normal teenage girl with parents who don't care about her.One day someone comes in her life and everything is different.That someone is nob...
785 33 10
They met somewhere not expected,somewhere in the dark. In his nature. The mystery man gave her a gift and vanished! Letting her Wonder where he left...
115 1 13
IN THE ISLANDS THAT ONLY DARKNESS AND NIGHT TOUCH, LIVES A GIRL NAMED RIVER RUE. SINCE SHE WAS A CHILD, SHE HAD HEARD ABOUT THEIR ORIGIN TALES FROM T...