The Bad Boy And His Princess

By BookLover12300

Highest Rank: #88 in Teen Fiction Meet Aurora Winters, a perky, seventeen-year-old, good girl loner. Meet Jer... More

Cast
1.Princess
2.Sleeping beauty
3.Drunk off weed?
4.Project
5.Drug dealer?
6.Avoidance
7.Pretty Lil Ass
8.Let Down
9.Murphy's
10.Ready as I'll ever be
11.Insecure
12. Movie Night
13.Happy Birthday!
14.Ian
15.The Flash
17.New Frienships
18.Dr.Ryan
19.Sometimes It Hurts Instead
20.Confessions
21.Babe
22. M.O.M-Mother On a Misson
23. Mucca Grassa
24. Celebration Time
25.Happy Endings
Epilogue
I GOT PUBLISHED!

16. Ava

12.7K 426 134
By BookLover12300

Jer came into Lit with his arm around Amy and a big smile on his face.

I had finally accepted that he liked her and that he would never ever like me.

I think my heart was broken.

I took in a deep breath and looked away from them as they took their seats in front of me.

"You okay?"

I turned to Jimmy and nodded. "Yeah."I whispered.

He didn't look convinced and he glanced at the back of Jeremiah's head before glancing back at me.

"If you say so."

I sighed and rolled my eyes when Amy giggled for the fifth time since class started.

"Okay guys! I have a 10th grade assignments to grade. I would like you to work on your projects in class today."Mr.Dermott announced before walking to his desk.

I wasn't sure what I was meant to do. Jer wasn't talking to me and I didn't think he was going to work with me.

Since Amy and Jimmy had already finished their project ages ago, Jimmy brought out a comic book form his bag to read.

I bit my lip and glanced at Jer, he was still talking to Amy. He didn't even acknowledge what the teacher had said.

I picked up my pencil and started doodling in my notebook.

I couldn't help but eavesdrop on what Jeremiah and Amy were speaking about. It wasn't my fault though, Amy was speaking really loud, everyone else was silently working on their projects.

"Yeah so maybe we could see The Space Between Us or Split?"I heard Amy say.

They were going to see a movie together?

"Let's see Split. That other movie sounds too sappy."Jer said.

I ground my teeth.

"Okay sounds good. I can't wait to see it."Then she blushed, looked down."With you."

That's when I felt something in me snap just like it had yesterday with Nadine.

"You know what Ava?"I said slamming my pencil on the table and yes, I said her name wrong on purpose. "People are trying to work here. So shut the fuck up or get your smart-ass, annoying, clingy, desperate self out of here!"I finished.

Thankfully I had only whisper shouted meaning only the people closest to us could here and I wouldn't get in trouble with Mr.Dermott.

Jer stared at me in disbelief, Amy looked confused and hurt and Jimmy awkwardly cleared his throat.

I looked down in shame and noticed my pencil snapped in half. I must have slammed it really hard on the table.

Fortunately the bell rang then and class was over. I packed my stuff up and bolted out of the class.

Jimmy was hot on my heels.

"Hey, hey, hey."he said grabbing my bag strap."Calm down Aurora."

I bit my lip.

He probably thought I was a bitch now. He had only become my friend and I had already blown it.

"What was that?"he asked incredulously.

I twiddle my fingers and shrugged.

"I have never ever since you act like that. Is there something going on?"he asked.

"No."

"Okay, I might not know you that well yet but you are known as a girl who is the complete opposite from the girl in that room."

I was silent.

"Just tell me what's going-"

"I like Jeremiah!"I admitted.

"Oh."His eyes widened."Oh."

I sighed.

"It doesn't matter though, he doesn't want anything to do with me."

"So you decided to take it out on Amy?"he asked.

"What no? She's just so annoying! You have to admit she is annoying."

"Well yeah I guess, she was a total smart-ass like you said and a grammar nazi but I would never call her out on that."

"I'm such a bad person."

"I'm can't believe you swore."

"Jimmy you're not helping."

"I'm sorry Aurora. I'm just really surprised."he shrugged."But honestly don't worry. I mean your to nice for your own good. Everyone has a breaking point."

"Will you sit with me for lunch?"I asked, I didn't want to think of that outburst anymore.

"In Mr.Brody's room, yes. In the caf, no way."

"Jimmy come on!"

"No!"he said.

"Jimmy they're just my friends what's there to be nervous about?"I asked as I waited for him to finish at his locker.

"I never said I was nervous!"

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay. I am, it's just that I-I don't think it's a good idea. I'm better off in Mr.Brody's class for lunch."

"But I hate seeing you alone. Please Jimmy? For me!"

He bit his lip. "What if they don't like me?"

"Oh Jimmy! Of course they'll like you. You're a great guy."

He sighed. "I dunno Aurora."

"Just come on. Please Jimmy!"I said grabbing his arm.

"Fine! But if I end up regretting this, it's on you."

I waved him off."Yeah, yeah."

"I like your cologne by the way."I said shamelessly sniffing him.

He laughed. "Thanks."

"I'm just grateful that you were nice enough to tell me how bad I smelled."

I scrunched my eyebrows."Y'know when you say it like that, it doesn't sound like I was being very nice."

He laughed. "True. But seriously thanks, now I take two showers after work and I got this new cologne. Hopefully I won't be smelling like chlorine anymore."

When we reached our table I cleared my throat to catch the tables attention.

"Okay so you guys might have been wondering why I haven't been coming to lunch for the past week. Well, that's because I've been spending lunch with my new friend Jimmy!"I said as Millie, Ryan and Ian turned their attention from me to Jimmy.

I quickly grabbed his arm and we sat down.

"So Jimmy, this is Millie, Ryan and Ian."I said pointing at each as I said their names. Millie waved, Ryan nodded at him and Ian gave him a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you."Ian said sticking his hand out. Jimmy shook his hand returning the gesture.

"Okay, so what's up with all of y-"

"Aurora?"I turned to see who had interrupted me.

I was beyond shocked when I saw Nadine.

My mouth dropped open at her appearance, het face was completely void of make up, her hair was up in a sloppy ponytail- I had never seen her hair in a ponytail-and she was dressed simply in skinny jeans, white converse, a top and cardigan.

Gone were here super high heels, Crop tops, skirts and short shorts.

"What the...."

I wasn't surprised when I looked around the caf and saw everyone was looking at her the same way I was. Well everyone except for Ian, who was staring at her in a strange way. Hmmmm.

"I-i was wondering if we could talk."she said queitly.

"Me?"I asked incredulously.

She nodded biting her lip.

She was acting so weird. I didn't know how to react this.

"Uh sure."I'm grabbed my bag and followed her out of the caf, throwing a confused look at my friends.

"I'm so sorry."she said turning around as the doors of the cafeteria closed.

"What for?"

She laughed humorlessly."For everything Aurora. I know I can never make it up to you, I know you'll never forgive me and you shouldn't but I'm still going to try my best. First I need to tell you why I did, which in no way justifies what I did."

"I don't get it Nadine. What are you talking about?"I asked.

She sighed and looked down. "I'm talking about how I've treated you for the past five years, no past fourteen years."

"Oh."I said.

"Will you come with me to the courtyard?"she asked.

I nodded. We walked in an awkward silence and Nadine kept shooting me guilty glances. This was honestly so weird.

I sat across from her on a vacant bench.

"Okay so I'm going to explain to you why I've treated you so badly."she said before taking a deep breath.

"Do you remember when we started kindergarten and we were friends?"she asked.

I nodded.

"And then literally the next day I started being mean to you?"

I nodded again.

"Well the reason for that was the fact that when I was trying to make friends with Ian, the minute he saw you, he left me."she said rubbing her arm."And I know, I know how silly that sounds. We were like four but it wasn't just then. Everytime I tried to talk to him, get closer you were always there taking his attention away from me. And-"

She took a big breath."-I was jealous of you. I-I still am."

My eyes widened. "You're jealous of me?"I asked incredulously.

She shrugged and picked at the loose threads on her cardigan.

This was a lot to take in. I finally know why she's been treating so badly. It was because of Ian.

"But Nadine, you're the most popular girl at school, you're beautiful and rich. I don't understand how you can be jealous of me."

"Because money and popularity isn't everything. Your kind and caring, you're able to see the good in people. You have real friends who care. You always have a bright smile on your face."

She sighed and shook her head."When Ian left I was so angry. I thought you had spoiled my chance at being friends with him and it was too late then, since he was moving. And I started to bully you beacuse of it."she whispered the last part.

"I'm so sorry Aurora. I know you won't forgive me and Ian won't even talk to me. But I really am sorry. And even if it doesn't make a difference, I'm going to do everything I can to make it up to you."She said with tears in her eyes. "I promise."

I shook my head "Nadine, you don't need to do anything-"

"-yes I do. I need to make it up to you and I'll also need to do this for myself. Hopefully one day I can get rid of this raging guilt I feel."

"Okay, Nadine maybe you're being just a little dramatic. Yes you bullied me but you never did anything that bad."

"I'm the reason you haven't had friends for five years."

I bit my lip. I had a feeling that was the case but now it was confirmed.

"I used my popularity to make all your friends leave you. I made sure no one went near you."

I shrugged."Honestly if they were my real friends they wouldn't have left me no matter what. So maybe I should be thanking you. The friends I can trust are the friends I have today."

"I wonder what it's like to have real friends."she said looking off in to the distance. "Apart from Ian and you for that short time, I haven't had actually friends. Everyone hates me."

"That's not tru-"

"Yes it is."she said shaking her head. "And I don't blame them."

We heard the bell ring in the distance.

"I'll see you later?"I asked.

She bit her lip. "I'll honestly don't know. I think I might be moving school."

"What? You don't need to leave beacuse of this."

"I think I do Aurora. I need a new start."

I nodded in understanding."Well bye."

She offered me the first genuine smile I had ever seen on her face."Bye."

I started to walk away but then turned slightly."Hey Nadine?"

"Yeah?"she said turning too.

"I like what you're wearing. You look way better like this."

Her face brightened and she looked down at her clothes before looking up and beaming at me. "Thank you."

I smiled at her again before walking to my next class.

**

"So what did she wanna talk about?"Millie asked anxiously.

I turned to see all my friends including Jimmy watching me with anticipation.

I rolled my eyes. "It's none of your business guys. But basically she apologized for being a mega bitch to me all these years." I said as we walked out of the school.

"Oh."

"So....um are you going to be swearing from now on or?..."asked Ryan.

I facepalmed. "Damn."

"There you go again!"

"Fudge sticks!"

"That's better."

"Hey guys how but we all go for lunch?"Millie asked.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Um I think I'm gonna have to pass guys, I have to go to work."Jimmy said walking backwards away from us.

I pouted. "Aw."I grabbed him before he could take asked mother step back."I'll talk to you later. Try not to get bitten by a shark."I joked.

He laughed."It's a pretty massive pool but it's not the sea. Don't worry, I won't."

I gave him a quick hug before he walked off to his car.

"Wow. So you guys seem pretty close."Ian pointed out.

I nodded. "I guess, I mean once he said he loved Disney. I knew we were going to be best buds."

"Well that's good. Thay dude doesn't seem to have that many friends."

We reached Ian's car. "So Cici's Pizza?"asked Ryan.

"Sure."Ryan said."We'll meet you guys there."

After we ate Ian dropped me home.

"So you talked to Nadine."he said.

I cocked my eyebrow."Yes, Ian. We've already established that."

"So....did she by any chance say anything about me or our talk?"

"Your talk?"

"Well it was less of a talk and more of me shouting at her."

"Well she did mention you but she didn't mention anything about that."

"What did she say?"he asked impatiently.

"I'm not telling."I said crossing my arms.

"Why?"He whined.

"Beacuse it's not my place. Now leave me alone. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything she said."

He pulled up outside my house.

"Well there's nothing she can say to justify what she's been doing to you. She's a cruel bitch. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at her the same again."

"You're all being dramatic. She never did anything that bad to me. And never mind looking at her the same, you might not be able to look at her at all now."

"What do you mean?"he asked.

"She might be moving school, she could be leaving town too. Who knows?"

"Really?"he asked.

I nodded, I hid my smug knowing smile and raised an eyebrow at him.

"But maybe someone could change her mind before she leaves....."

His eye widened and he turned to me."Uh, I'll see you tomorrow Aurora. There's something I need to do."

I got out of his car. "Okay bye."

He sped down the road and I rolled my eyes.

So predictable.

**************************

Hey guys!

Who likes Jimmy?

Who was surprised about Nadine?

Who misses Jerora?

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Don't forget to like and comment. I'm trying to update faster so don't there is a bother chapter on its way.

Thanks guys!

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

And let's try to get 2k reads on this book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 797 32
"Beauty can be lethal as it is alluring" Story of a bullied loner girl. Violet has grown up all her life with being bullied and abused.Her father has...
863K 20.1K 53
Aurora has been neighbours with Arlo since she was just eight years old, yet the two of them could not be further apart. The one thing that brings t...
125K 2.8K 71
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "BREAKING FREE" Meet Aurora Reed.She's the schools hot new girl.She is strong willed and confident but has a heart made of gold.S...
191 9 25
vivian summers is a 16 year old girl who has just about had enough of her life. she's had enough of her bullies, parents, school, fake friends, just...