The Lone Killjoy (Party Poiso...

By Headfirst_for_Helena

Meet Spark killer. A killjoy who walks alone. She refuses to get close to anyone or anything, knowing that ge... More

Peppermint Fresh & Ready To Kill
Bang, Bang, You're Alive
Live Alone, Die Alone
Unnecessary Thank You's
One Night Only?
Power Pups Aka Yuck As Fucks
Attractively Annoying
I'll Tell You Mine If You Tell Me Yours
Bad Move, Sunshine
The Battery Needs Charging
All I Had Left
It's Not You I Hate, But Me
Safety, Therapy And A Promise
Everyone's Got A Weakness
Battery, Here We Come
Shut Up And Watch Out For The Second Step
Electrical Emotions
Grab & Go
Let The Flames Begin
In The Mourning
Break Down The Walls
Welcome To The Family
And We Have Ignition
Burn The Ashes
The Planned VS The Improvised
The Party Before The Storm
Into The Dragon's Den
Killjoys Never Die
Epilogue

The Best Ideas Come At Night

15K 468 244
By Headfirst_for_Helena

 i'm nearly always asleep the moment i lie down to rest, but not tonight. Maybe it's been having to talk to people, being all but pushed into a corner by Fun Ghoul or the fact that the energy that emits from The Battery is still fresh within my mind, but i can't seem to drift off. 

Instead i lie in my makeshift bed, an arm resting underneath my head as i stare out the crack in the boarded up window. A slither of moonlight is seeping through into the room and illuminating my other hand, which is resting across my stomach. 

 My mind wanders over the events of the day. Sure, it was a busy one, but i've had worse. I guess it is more the fact that i was going to have to deal with the consequences that has me worrying. I mean, i'm use to having to kill off dracs or covering up my mistakes, but this isn't like my normal day to day problems. I can't just take the fabulous four of the grid. I saved them and now they seemed to want to get to know me. 

Of all the people i could've chosen to be generous to and i have to pick them. And not just any of them, but the fucking leader. Party Poison knows his shit, and if anyone will be able to track me down then it'll be him and his friends. 

Especially now Fun Ghoul's talked to me. I know Crash wouldn't say anything outright about me, but i also know that he wouldn't lie to them. If they asked him outright about me, then he'd easily spill all that he knew. Not that anyone is very knowledgeable about me. He doesn't know where i sleep at night, or where i go in my day. All he knows is that i turn up at The Battery every other night or so to put in a shift and that i don't really tend to make conversation unless i have to. 

He does know my name though, and that's enough to open a few doors for Party and co. Especially when everyone around here always behave like total asswipes when it comes to those four. All they have to do is snap their fingers and people coming, such is their reputation. Not that they don't deserve it i guess. They've lead countless successful mission and probably exterminated thousands of dracs, coming close to even getting Korse himself once. 

Your brain always seems to worry more at night. You'd think it would be the opposite really, with you drifting off and reality fading away, but for some reason the brain always picks that moment of quiet to bring up all your worries and anxieties, making you uncomfortable. You don't want to think of them, and yet there's not much you can do. 

That seems to be what i'm experiencing right now. I toss and turn, my hair continuing to get in my face, and wish sleep would hurry up. I'll need all my energy tomorrow, especially as i intend on going to see Crash and asking him if anything happened after i left last night. What i do will depend on his answer. 

Worse comes to worse i'll make a trip out of zones six, which is where i'm currently curled up on the boarder of. The zones are full of killjoys, but zone six is the heart of the community. It's where you'll find the fabulous four, Dr D, Show Pony and all the leaders. All the same, i've been to zone three before and they also have a pretty firm base over there. It wouldn't take much fuel to go and hang around there for a day or two, maybe even see if i can devise a mission to battery city itself. 

My eyes wander to the map over near my boots. In the morning i'll take a look and see if there's anywhere that i could execute a solo raid on. Now the idea's come to me it's lodged in my mind. An adrenalin pumping robbery on a shop or two could work out well. It would take my mind off this crap and make me feel useful. 

With this new plan in my head, i finally drift off to sleep. 

Luckily i don't sleep in, despite my late night, and am up again with the sun. By the time it's risen completely my boots and jacket are on. I'm now sitting in the middle of the room, a can of power pup in my hand that i chew of distractedly, use to the foul taste by now, as i pour over the maps i possess of battery city and it's surrounding area. 

My fingers trace over possibly routes, whilst my eyes dart ahead to see which buildings would be useful to ambush. There's a warehouse not too far from the left side of the city where i can see theres a big storage centre for fuel and other chemicals in general. My eyes light up, realising that nobody has thought to target this yet so security will be minimal. 

If i can pull this off successfully then i will not only be able to provide for myself, but for all the other killjoys too. Just because i don't want to talk to any of them or make any alliances, doesn't mean i cant help out my side of the fight. 

With a determined nod, i gather up my stuff, folding my maps back up and putting them back on the rickety table i've been leaning on. I then turn, shoving my empty can in the bin, and head out the door just as the sun is reaching a point in the sky that tells me it's about mid morning. I probably spent longer than i should've planning, but it isn't something that should be rushed. 

All the same, i speed quickly over to The Battery, which is still open. Despite it being mid morning, killjoys are still coming and going as they please from the venue, forever being the sociable people they are. 

All the same, there isn't too many people crowded around when i reach the bottom of the steps and make my way over to Crash, who's polishing glasses and head banging to the heavy metal that's currently playing throughout the place. 

"Hey" i chirp, poking him lightly in the shoulder to grab his attention. he looks up at me with a surprised smile, setting down the glass he was currently on. 

"You didn't stay away for long" he muses "After last night's drama i thought it would take you at least a day or two before you wound up back here." 

"Yeah well i'm only stopping briefly" I shrug, not wanting to make a big deal out of anything. He picks up on my nonchalant mood, and picks up his glass again, polishing as he talks. I lean my elbows on the counter and listen casually. 

"Oh right, well what was so important that a stop here interrupted your oh-so busy schedule?" Crash teases, again trying his usual attempt at making friendly talk with me. Again though, i get straight to the point without joking along. 

"I wanted to know if anything happened with the fabulous four once i left yesterday." 

"Oh right" he nods. "Well you had your little run in with Ghoul or whatever that was, i couldn't really tell from where i stood. And then when you ran off the four of them all started talking in the corner. They looked pretty serious and kept looking over at the stairs, and after about five minutes they all said their goodbyes and left. I presumed they went after you or something." He sets down the glass and looks at me for a further explanation. 

"Oh" i say "well i didn't see them. Anyway, i better get going. I'm going to go try pull a fast one on the dracs and i want to be back before the sun sets." I don't say anymore about where i'm going or what i'm doing, mainly due to my trust issues. 

Sure, Crash is a decent guy, but i'm still not going to tell him my plans, especially when there are other people around who could overhear. That's just an easy way to get yourself dusted before you even know it's coming. 

"Okay. You coming in tomorrow?" 

"Maybe. Depends how today goes" I shrug, standing up straighter. "Anyway, see you around."

"See ya" he goes back to his business, and i make my way quickly out of the social hub, not even bothering to talk to anyone else. I just grab my bike and start to make my way down the highway, shoving on my shades so that none of the dust goes in my eyes. 

The zones fly by, and soon i'm speeding through zone one. My first glimpse of Battery City doesn't come into view until i reach the very edge of the first zone though. I come to the steep road downwards that leads down to the city. I stop near the top and look down at the massive city that looms like a death threat ahead. 

It's the most dangerous place a killjoy could ever go. If the dracs get you then there's no way you'll get rescued before you're dragged back to BL/ind. And once you're in Korse's clutches, you're not going to escape. He'll torture and kill you, like a small child playing with it's food, and in the end you'll either be dead or brainwashed. 

All the same, i speed down the final stretch of road and start to head around the western side of the city. The dracs tend to congregate near the main entrance to the city, which is on the north side, so they don't notice me fly by. 

I park by bike outside one of the outer walls, figuring that the warehouse is just around the corner and to drive my bike in would gain me unwanted attention. I would much rather just carry a few crates back to my bike than take the risk. 

I peer around the wall, seeing that as i had hoped, not many people are around in this part of the city. Although the walls are still whitewashed, and not a piece of litter in sight, it is still a poor area of the city. I can see a few people milling around in their pill-induced daze, but none of them notice me. I pull my hood over my head, hiding my bright blue giveaway hair and also concealing my face from them all. 

It is then that i slip along the pavement, my footsteps light enough that nobody hears or takes proper notice. I can see the warehouse up ahead, with one singular drac standing on guard. Even though he is on solo duty he still doesn't see me approaching until it is too late. 

With grace i place the gun to the back of his head and subtly pulled the trigger just as he turns to try and disarm me, making him fall to his death before he can even touch me. Nobody has heard the subtle 'pew' of my ray gun, so i made quick work of shoving the body behind a bin and then turning my attention to the side entrance of the warehouse. 

One look at the look and i know i won't be able to open it. So instead i just shoot around the door handle until the lock eventually gives out from all the pressure, making the door creak open. With a pleased sigh i step inside, still keeping my gun off safety and in my hand. 

The place is huge, and i can see tanks of various chemicals, each labelled very helpfully. I go to the explosives first, knowing that this sort of thing is what they dracs will want to use against the killjoys. No way can BL/ind be trusted with explosives. But at the same time the killjoys don't want to have to use them as innocent yet brainwashed civilians will get caught in the blast. 

I start to twist the handle, figuring that if i get rid of the stock then i'll be putting off any immediate danger. After that i can have a look and see what i could manage to carry back to my bike and then drive back with me. It might be that i have to see about borrowing a car from Crash or the fuel stop. Or maybe i'll give another killjoy the tip off- 

"Hands up!" my thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a ray gun clicking off safety, and then the voice that comes from behind me. I curse myself for behind such an idiot, and then again for not checking for multiple entrances. 

Not seeing any other option, i raise my hands, resisting the urge to turn around. 

"Okay, not turn around and take off your hood" the voice barks again. All i can tell is that it's male, and it certainly doesn't sound like a drac. That thought makes me hopeful - if it's just a brainwashed civilian with a gun that i could easily trick them.

I spin around and push my hood back, letting my hair fall back over my shoulders just as my eyes lock with none other that Party Poison, standing there with an expression of equal shock. 

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it took a while! And yet again i'm leaving you with a cliffhanger!

~ Headfirst for Helena 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.5K 37
A young girl runs away from Battery City. She meets the Fabulous Killjoys. A fanfiction based off My Chemical Romance's album Danger Days: The True...
24.9K 1K 24
Toxic Jinx was just your normal Killjoy. Or, if you can call it normal. She just wants what every Killjoy strives for: To take down Better Living Ind...
1.2K 36 28
Do you think you know the story behind the fabulous killjoys? Think again. *This story has adult themes like Alcohol, depression, and suicide. Plea...
420 18 23
The year is 2019, and Better Living Industries has taken over the only part of the world that survived the 2012 Great Fires: Battery City, California...