A Super and a Luthor (Superco...

By that-fanfic-chick

Kara and Lena fanfic in which Kara is obviously bisexual and Lena is gay and in love. Finished! :-) SEQUEL- A... More

Just Thought I Should Check In Pt. 1
Just Thought I Should Check In pt 2
Supergirl to the Rescue
Misconception
Kara Danvers: Bi Alien
Just Ignore It
Rumors Only Grow pt 1
Rumors Only Grow pt 2
We Don't Speak Of It
Deep Breaths
Fear
The Best Dessert In The Galaxy
Lex Luthor
Cat Got Your Tongue? pt 1
Cat Got Your Tongue? pt 2
L-Party
New Position
No Jane Porter
Prison Break
Aftermath pt 1
Aftermath pt 2
Can We Keep Him?
Double Date
Supercorp Proposal pt 1
Supercorp Proposal pt 2
Supercorp Proposal pt 3

Another Year Older

24.7K 740 441
By that-fanfic-chick

(A/N I watched the new Supergirl episode tonight and where the hell was Lena? I thought she and Kara were supposed to "grow closer", yet here's freaking Mon-El flirting with her, and Kara, poor sweet cinnamon roll Kara, not realizing he's doing it and giving him a fist bump when LENA SHOULD BE RECEIVING THAT FIST BUMP I AM MAD. Anyway, on a happier note, here's Kara being cute and giving Lena the best birthday she's ever had)

 Kara snuck quietly back into the room, smelling like chocolate. She tiptoed over to her sleeping girlfriend, climbed on top of her, and woke her up with a sweet kiss. Lena opened her eyes, seeming surprised.

"Happy birthday!" Kara practically shouted in Lena's face.

She shut her mouth quickly, realizing how loud she was, but grinned at a sleepy and confused looking Lena.

"How did you know it was my birthday?" she yawned.

"Jess told me. You had to know that I was going to find out eventually. Now, come on, I made pancakes!"

Kara scooped Lena into her arms and practically sprinted into the kitchen. She set her down in a chair with a plate of pancakes in front of it, piled high with whipped cream.

"They're not as good as they would be if you made them, but they have chocolate chips in them, so how bad can they be?" Kara babbled merrily. "And I know how much you like strawberries, so I did some research, and it turns out the best ones grow in Japan, so then I flew there last night, and I bought some, and they're on your plate, too, so I hope you like it. Oh, and I also made you coffee, but it wasn't very good, so I went to that Parisian cafe that you like and got you a cappuccino there and used my heat vision to heat it up again."

By the time she had finished, she was out of breath, and Lena was grinning at her.

"Thank you, love, that's very sweet. Also, you've got some whipped cream on your nose right... there." She wiped it gently off of Kara's face.

Kara flushed, a little embarrassed, but perked up when Lena began to praise the food, especially the strawberries. She really did enjoy watching Lena eat strawberries. Perfect teeth would bite down, and red lips would close around the berry, and Lena's face would scrunch up as she made adorable noises of contentment.

"I'm glad your birthday fell on a Saturday this year so that I didn't try to have to convince you to skip work for the rest of my plans," Kara remarked, starting to dig into her own breakfast.

"Wait, there's more?" Lena asked between sips of coffee. "You've already gotten me my favorite food and my favorite coffee. What else do you have planned?"

Kara grinned, thinking about the rest of the day.

"You'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You rented out an entire movie theater?" Lena was dumbfounded.

"Correction," Kara said. "Supergirl rented out an entire movie theater. The owners were more than happy to oblige, considering I did save this place from burglars a few times and stopped that one alien attack where the poor stranded fellow tried to use the tech here to contact his destroyed home." Kara looked sad as she thought about him, but quickly shook it off. "Anyway, we're going to have a horror movie rewatch! You mentioned that you liked them."

"But you hate scary things," Lena pointed out.

Kara shrugged and took Lena's hand.

"I'm not worried. I've got you to protect me."

About halfway through the first Jason movie, Kara sat on the edge of her seat, absolutely terrified, and began to wonder why she had done this. Then, Lena put her arm around her and pulled her into her side, and Kara remembered why. She spent the rest of the movie with her head turned into Lena's shoulder. That's also how she spent the next three movies in the series. She'd look up every now and then to find Lena smirking at her, and whenever someone would have a particularly violent death, which Lena was aware of from seeing these movies so many times, Lena would bring Kara's lips to hers and try to block out the screams and the visions of squirting blood.

"Ok, now I know you're not big on people, but I've got a little party planned down at the bar, if that's ok," Kara suggested after the movie.

"Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint everyone by not showing up, now would I?"

Kara grinned, giving Lena a quick peck and launching into the sky with her hands wrapped around her girlfriend's waist. She grinned into Lena's hair when she smelled the familiar apple scent of her own shampoo and realized that Lena had started sharing things.

She touched down at the bar and dragged Lena inside behind her. Alex was first to greet them, her arm on Maggie's shoulder and a beer in her other hand.

"Hey, Luthor," she called.

She and Maggie strode up to meet Kara and Lena, to whom Maggie handed a glass of champagne.

"Happy birthday, L," Maggie said, giving her a friendly shoulder punch.

"Oh!" Kara cried, remembering her plans. She turned to her girlfriend. "I've got a surprise for you!"

"Oh?" Lena cocked an eyebrow, looking intrigued.

"Yup. Remember when Mon-El got me drunk?"

"How could I forget," Lena laughed, which caused Kara to blush a little.

"Well, I did some karaoke-"

"Which was beautiful. I didn't know you could- Wait. Are you going to sing for me?" Lena grinned.

Kara nodded. Truth be told, she was a little nervous about it. She didn't usually sing in front of people, but for Lena, she would do anything, and Lena loved her voice. Since the night, which Kara referred to as Never Again, Lena had begged Kara to sing for her any time they were alone. Because it made Lena smile so much, she frequently complied. She sang in the shower, along with the radio, in the kitchen if Lena had had a particularly bad day, but she had yet to take the stage again. She took a deep breath and grabbed a mic.

"Uh, hey guys. It's my girlfriend's birthday, and she loves my voice, so here goes nothing. Lena, love of my life, this one's for you." The track started, and she began to sing the familiar Bruno Mars song.

"Never had much faith in love or miracles

Never wanna put my life on the line

But swimming in your water is something spiritual

I'm born again every time you spend the night

Lena was beaming and looking just a little embarrassed by the song Kara had chosen. Kara decided that this was the time to get 100% into it.

'Cause your sex takes me to paradise

Yeah, your sex takes me to paradise

And it shows, yeah

She started dancing and knew that she was making Lena even more embarrassed, but they both were still grinning, still happy, loving every minute.

'Cause you make me feel like

I've been locked out of heaven

For too long, for too long

Yeah, you make me feel like

I've been locked out of heaven

For too long, for too long, oh oh oh

The song seemed both way too long and way too short. Kara stood on the stage, completely out of breath and panting heavily. Still, she couldn't keep the smile off her face whenever she looked at her grinning girlfriend.

"I love you Lena," she managed to say. "Happy birthday, babe."

She climbed off of the small stage and made her way back over to the birthday girl. Alex had a dumbfounded look on her face, and Maggie had not stopped laughing since Kara had said the word sex. Lena gave Kara a sweet kiss and thanked her, her infectious smile still playing on her bright red lips.

"I've got tickets to paradise tonight," Kara whispered in her Lena's ear, prompting yet another blush on Lena's part.

Kara was proud of how smooth that sounded. She and Lena left shortly after the song to go and finish out the rest of Lena's birthday, a picnic on the roof of CatCo. Kara had convinced James to let her use it so that she and Lena could watch the sunset together. They ate and laughed, and everything was just so easy, and so, so right.

"Thank you, Kara," Lena said as the sun set over the horizon. "Today was the best birthday that I've ever had."

"I've been told that I'm one hell of a planner," Kara smiled.

"That you are. Today makes up for all of the forgotten birthdays of my past. I don't know how you're going to top yourself next year."

"Forgotten birthdays of the past? Lena, did you never celebrate as a kid?" Kara didn't like hearing Lena dismiss things like this as just a part of life.

"Well, the Luthors were always such a busy family, it wasn't that important. Besides, I was given much more on a daily basis than I would've gotten if I hadn't been taken in by them. And Lex always seemed to remember. He'd buy me a cupcake and we'd play Halo or something to celebrate. It was fine."

"Lena, you're worth so much more than a cupcake and a game of Halo," Kara said, hoping how serious she was would come across.

It seemed to. Lena sighed and rested her head on the alien's shoulder to watch the sky grow dark, and soon the moonlight was in her hair, and she looked so beautiful, and Kara just had to kiss her deeply. Kara needed those lips on her own and that body pressed against hers.

"I think I'm ready to go home," Lena said, pulling back from the kiss.

"Are you sure?" Kara asked, worried that Lena was getting bored. "We could always take a walk through the city or go throw pennies in the fountain or-"

Lena cut her off with a gentle kiss.

"I think," she whispered, biting her lip and trailing her eyes up Kara's body and back to her mouth, "I'm ready to go home."

Kara didn't need to be told a third time. They got home, and Lena's lips were on her neck, and Lena's hands were in her hair, and Kara was sure that she did, indeed, have tickets to paradise. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 12.9K 23
A slow-burn fic alternating in which Lena Luthor already knows she is crushing on Kara Danvers, but as Supergirl and she save one another time and ti...
100K 3K 23
It's been months that Lena and Kara haven't talked. While Kara is broken from the distance between them, not knowing that Lena knows her deepest secr...
355K 9.9K 33
What happens when one secret is outed? Will they forgive and forget? Will they rebuild their broken trust? Will they forget they ever knew each other...
171K 6.5K 22
Supergirl. She was brave, selfless, kind, beautiful, and more powerful than any human could ever dream of being. Lena Luthor had always had a weaknes...