Little Black Dress

By JessieImpulsive

Enter little Elizabeth Jones, she isn't the popular type of girl and people always judged her by the looks on... More

Little Black Dress
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 Part 1
Chapter 6 Part 2
Chapter 7-Valentine Special
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13

Chapter 4

9.7K 258 25
By JessieImpulsive

Hi there everyone! My goal is to update once a week. So here's my next chapter. Hope you'll like it! New character guys!! And thank you to whoever give vote or comment! I love you all!!

J

  ~*~

  I was still fuming with anger and my stomach is queasy. I keep on facing back and forth around my comfort zone, in other words my room. In the middle of the room, there stood my queen size bed with white covers and white pillows, the walls were painted of dark green and little fairy lights hung on each corner of room. You can say I was like some other teenage girls who wanted to put fairy lights on her room. There is a study table and my Mcbook lying open on the top.

      Quotes and song lyrics were written on my walls with other kinds of drawings I’d draw and pictures of me and my family were scattered. There were also posters of bands that I much prefer. There is a walk in closet and bathroom on the side, and balcony on my left. A piece of made-up wood was attached on the wall on the top of my bed where I put all my books. It consists of all Rick Riordan books and other bunch of school stuffs. Whenever I feel bored or something, I will just grab a book until I fall asleep. And one of my favorite books so far is The Kissing Book by Beth Reekles. The writer started as a creator of her imaginations on her own stories and soon posted it on the wattpad site. To say I was inspired was an understatement. I would really want to be a writer someday of my own stories and published it but for now, I’d like to focus on my studies and future career.

 “Would you stop pacing around your room and get over it!” Louise screamed at me in frustration. I called her once my lying excused of a brother ditched me with his responsibilities, even if he’s not a liar but what the hell, he is the reason why I was put in this kind of situation.

“Seriously? You’re the one who is pacing but I am the one who is getting dizzy! “She plopped down on my bed and held her head.

“What am I gonna do Lui? This is pathetic! You know that, right?” I asked her and sat beside her, yeah Lui is my nick name for her. I told her when we were kids that “Louise” was kind of girly for my liking and she did not have any problem with it.

“Just put the god damned dress your brother pick for you and go with whoever your date is. Seriously, no will ever notice you since you’ll be putting make up and stop wearing those ugly glasses of yours—

        I tried to block whatever she was saying and focus on the words that were written on my walls. Everything that surrounded me disappeared as I absorb the words on my mind. And something gives me strength.

“-Are you even listening to me??” That snapped me back out of my train of thoughts.

“What?” I asked her innocently. I held back a grin as she turns beet red.

 “Oh my, God Eli! Your’re not even listening for heaven’s sake!” She throws her hand in the air out of frustration.

“Sorry” I mumble apologetically

“So where is it?” She asked frantically. What is where?

By the looks on her face I know she got me confused. “Your dress and mask” She told me with a duh tone. I swear if she wasn’t my best friend, I’ll probably choke her to death if she keeps on rambling.

I roll my eyes on her and made my way towards my closet and get my dress and mask.

        I scan my surroundings and found a paper bag hanging on one of the closet door and an envelope attached to it. I peeked at it and found a dress.

And where is the mask?

I carried it out and handed it to Lui whose eyes were lit up. She opened the paper bag and brought out the dress. My eyes bulge at the dress. How?

“Wow this dress is so gorgeous! It looks like one of your designs that were posted on your wall” Lui talked animatedly as she focuses her stares on the dress.

    She’s right. It was one of my next designs, but because of lack of time, I find it hard to sew and create it. How does he know?

The dress was simple; it was a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and white swirls designed into it. Crystal beads were fixated that rounded the swirls. It was made in heaven with a bit of hell. A layer of layers of white chiffon were accustomed to the neckline and at the hem of the dress was faded black chiffon to add the fiery dress.  And in toto, the dress was a perfect outfit for a girl like me. Mysterious with a hint of fiery.

“Oh my, Gosh! I am so jealous of you right now, if ever this dress is out of the market. I’ll definitely buy it!” She gushed at me while holding both of her hand in front of her. Why I am friends with her again? Oh right, because she’s insane and crazy.

“What is that?”

I glanced at the envelope and shrugged. She motioned me to open it and I am happily obliged.

There’s a black and mask inside and a letter. I handed the mask to her and read the letter. I recognized easily my brother’s awful letterings.

Hey kiddo,

       I know it was a sudden request so I'm sorry. And I’m also sorry for making your dress into life without your permission but you said it to me one time that you cannot wait for the winter collection so I made it a mission to bring it out in life.

       You’ll probably fuming in anger but I’m gonna make it the most out of it. I love you and have fun! There’s my card and please use it on good purpose! Take care

Love,

Arty

Ps: I know you missed calling me Arty so..yeah

I almost laugh at the end, he hates being called Arty but he’s willing to let me call him that and let it  slip just once to make it up on me. Oh brother.

I noticed his black infinity card. And grab for it.

“Where is the monster by the way?” She asked me but I just shrugged. I don’t know and I don’t care as long as she stays out of my life. Forever

   I glanced at my watched and I almost lost my balance when I was what time it is. 4:36

“Oh no!” I quickly rushed to my bathroom and ignore a protesting Lui while I took my time.

After an hour and half, I am finally done with the help of my best friend. But she insists that I won’t look myself in the mirror until she’s finished.

“I am so proud of my work! You’re so lovely El!” She gushed while pinching my cheeks and wiping a fake tear.

“Can I see myself now?” I muttered annoyingly, not that I don’t trust her with her make-up abilities but what if something is not right and we’re probably gonna lack of time in fixing it.

She wiggles her fingers in front of me and made a sound of tsk.

Not if you finally wear that dress”

I do as I was told. The dress fits perfectly and clung on to my body. It reach mid thigh. She handed me a black pumps and wore it too.

   I glanced at her and I heard her sigh. I was nervous as hell. Is it okay? Who’s gonna be my date? What if I collided with some of the students on the event? What if I embarrass myself?

“You’ll be fine El.” She hugs me and pats my back.

“And why is that?

“Because you’re Elizabeth” She smiled at me and I return the favor.

There’s a knock on the door and I shouted at whomever to enter.

“Hey kiddo, There’s your date waiting for you” Robin wiggles her eyebrow at me. Lui keeps on giggling and finding it amusing that I was a nerve-wreck.

“My my my, look at you kid, you’ve really grown into a full blossom.” I blushed instantly. I bit my lip, a habit when I am nervous.

She receives a glare and that shuts her up.

“Thank you, I’ll be done a minute.” He gives us a curt nod and eases back.

“Now, it’s your turn to see the beauty

She pushes me towards my full length mirror. And I gasped 

     No wonder while Robin compliments me and wiggled his brows. I look stunning. My light brown hair is in a messy and elegant bun with few strands falling on each sides of my face. My make-up is light but gives the innocent aura. My eyes, I was never a fan of my eyes that’s why I always wore an eye glass not that I have a poor sight. My blue orbs keeps on staring at me. I though having blue eyes was a curse and too mainstream but this, my eyes was wide and innocent.

      “Now, go get your date and have fun!” Lui hugs me once more. I return it and whisper a thank you. She nods at me and disappear. I gather my things and put it in my purse. Now, were good to go.

~*~

After a few minutes of calming my nerves and reluctanly step out of my room.

I descended from the stairs and look at my date for tonight.

A grin broke onto my face when I saw who it was.

“Karlo!” I was skipping my steps probably looking like an idiot because I was wearing a dress and heels.

When I reach the bottom, I startled him by hugging him with a death grip.

“Easy there tiger!” He chuckles and hugs me back. After a few seconds, we pull away from each other and question him.

“You are my date?” He raises an eyebrow at me.

“Why? You’d rather want other person than me?” He joked and I just punch him in the arm playfully

“Jerk!”

“My my my, nothing has ever change my dear Elizabeth” He said mockingly.

I rolled my eyes at him. Mature Karlo!

“Oh, you two! Shoo you’ll going to be late” Robin said to us. Me and Karlo just laughs.

I look around and found Lui fidgeting on the back.

I move towards her and nudge, that get her out of her thoughts.

“Oh, what the—“ She glared at me but stop when she noticed Karlo approaching us.

“Hey Louise!” Karlo greeted her but she just glare at him.

“Don’t call me that!" She snapped at him while just chuckles and ruffled her hair.

"Oh stop that you bloody Idiot!" She huffed in annoyance.

"We must go El, the party will start an minute now!” Karlo grab a hold of my elbow while Lui pushes us both out.

 "El wait! You forgot this!" She handed me a black mask with a feather on the side.

"Thank you!" I mumble and we made our way to his car.

Just go with it el. Nothing bad will happen.. I utter a simple prayer but boy was I wrong?

Everything will probably turn a 360 degree,

 ~*~

Heyaah! The dress and the mask are on the sidebar! Feel free to comment and vote! And I was thinking about who will play Karlo as."

Ciao!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 43K 49
"Please don't leave." he pleaded. His once arrogant, obnoxious, confident gaze looked so vulnerable, helpless and most of all like the young little b...
852K 25.1K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
14.2K 434 29
• Friends to enemies to lovers • Dark themes • Situations some readers might find offensive • Spicy romance with dark elements *** Never did I exp...
86.9K 1.7K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...