Our Love Will Light The Way...

By totallyfisherwood

What if when Mike and Carrie had met, one of them was unavailable. Would either of them realise their feeling... More

Chapter 1 - Everything Stopped
Chapter 2 - His Blue Eyes
Chapter 3 - Good in Goodbye
Chapter 4 - You Remember?
Chapter 5 - The Game
Chapter 6 - Angel in Church
Chapter 7 - Date Night
Chapter 8 - Aftermath
Chapter 10 - Official
Chapter 11 - Those Three Words
Chapter 12 - Win or Lose
Chapter 13 - Grammy's
Chapter 14 - Lovin' Life
Chapter 15 - Tony
New Story!

Chapter 9 - Goodbye's Hurt The Most

410 18 1
By totallyfisherwood

Excuse the grammatical errors, no time to proof-read.

CARRIE'S POV:

"LETS GO PREDATORS! LETS GO PREDATORS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was decked out in Predators apparel, wearing a yellow jersey, with black jeans. I waved my foam finger in the air while adjusting my Nashville Predators baseball cap.

It was second period, and with 2 minutes left. None of the teams had managed to get on the score board and I could see it was starting to frustrate the players.

The puck whizzed down to bottom of the rink, Fisher passes to Neal and...SCORE! The entire crowd went wild. Neal goal, with an assist from Fisher, 'atta boy.

I looked down towards Mike from the box and he winked up towards me. I smiled at him back and waved my foam finger to show my excitement about his assist.

It got to the third period and the Predators were ahead by 3 points and with 20 seconds left, it was a sure bet that we had won. The crowd was elated. Everyone was waving their hands in the air and some even waving their yellow t-shirts.

And when the horn signalled the end of the game, the crowd screamed even louder than before. Bridgestone Arena was happy tonight.

I joined in with the crowd and screamed along with them. This had been my 3rd game watching Mike play, ever since our date a week and half ago. This is also my last game, before I leave for two weeks to finish the final leg of the Storyteller Tour.

Mike and I had agreed to wait for each other after the game. I sat in the box, and after the crowd of roaring fans had disappeared into the lobby, I checked my social media to pass the time. The team were probably celebrating their win and doing interviews, and I didn't want to get ambushed by roaring fans.

After waiting for about half an hour, I decided to head to the locker room, and as I was walking down, there I saw Mike.

He was wearing sweatpants with and under armour t-shirt and a towel round his neck, as he had just showered. I walked up to him and smacked him lightly on the chest.

"Great game, Fish" I teased playfully. He smiled at me back before taking my hand in his and walking towards his car in the parking lot.

"You know what, Care?" He looked at me.
"What?" I replied hesitantly. "I think you really are my good luck charm, we've these past 4 games and you've been at all of them." He said, as he kissed my hand.

"Well you're good luck charm isn't going to be here for the next 2 weeks, so you better step up your game mister." I smiled. I leant my head on his chest as we got into the parking lot.

"I'll take that as a challenge, Underwood." He smirked. We walked to his car in a comfortable silence and when we got in, he turned the radio on and started driving towards Brentwood.

It was a 40 minute drive to Brentwood and during those 40 minutes, Mike rest his hand on the top of my thigh, and my hand rested on his hand.

Silence lingered on the car journey home and all that we could hear was the radio playing in the background.

For the past week and half, Mike and I had spent ever waking moment together we could. Having lunch, cooking each other dinner, watching movies and tv series. He had quickly become my best friend.

The idea of not seeing him in person for two weeks was too hard for me to comprehend. A tear escaped my eye and rolled down my face. I secretly wiped it away, hoping Mike wouldn't notice.

"Hey? What's up?" He noticed, darn him and his great peripheral vision.

"Nothing, don't worry. Focus on the road, Mike." I turned and smiled at him to reassure him.

The silence lingered until we had reached the gate of my property, he tapped in the code to my gate and he drove towards my house.

"Do you want to come inside for a while, I know it's late, but.." I sheepishly asked, hoping to buy more time before goodbye.

"Of course, I'd love to Carrie." He grabbed his phone and shoved it in his pocket before getting out the car and walking with me towards the house.

After having some coffee and snacks, we had decided that we wanted to make brownies tonight. We put some fun music on in the background and got to baking.

Turns out, we are both horrible at making brownies.

"Mike the box says to add 250ml of milk" I put the box down and surveyed the mess that was my kitchen.

"Care, I put 500ml in" he said while stirring the brownie batter that looked more like lumpy milk than batter.

"Why would you put 500ml in?" I walked over to him and looked at the 'batter'

"I thought that's what I read" he said while putting the spatula down.

"In what world does 250ml look like 500ml?" I teased with a hand on my hip.

Mike stayed silent for a while, until he turned and smirked at me. He dipped his hand into the batter and wiped a dollop onto my nose.

"Michael Andrew Fisher, you did not just do that" I screamed. I grabbed a handful of flour from the countertop and threw it all over him. He stopped in his tracks. Walked over to the flour bag and grabbed a handful before wiggling his eyebrows at me.

Needless to say I ran like hell away from him. "MIKE NO!" I yelled while running away. My stomach at this point was hurting from laughing too much.

After around 30 minutes of chasing each other and laughing we collapsed on the kitchen floor, covered in flour, batter and other things. Both panting and exhausted, we both turned our heads towards each other and laughed.

"You have definitely lost it this time, Fisher." I said. He smirked back and leant in to kiss me. Every time Mike and I kiss, it feels like the first time. The butterflies, the nerves, the excitement, the spark. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sat on his lap. The kiss turned passionate and heated.

After we pulled away, I rested my forehead on his and closed my eyes.

"It's only two weeks, Care. We can do this." He whispered. It was as if he had read my mind and he knew that I was dreading this goodbye.

"I know, it's just. I've never been like this you know? I've never dreaded a goodbye this much" I whispered back. He rubbed his hand up and down my arm, sending shivers up my spine.

"We can do this. We'll FaceTime and call and text. It won't be the same but we can do it." He said, with conviction.

This man had stolen my heart. I was falling fast for Mike Fisher.

We cleaned up the kitchen together and got cleaned up ourselves, before relocating to the couch to watch some movies.

The next thing I remember, was being waken up by Mike on the couch.

"Care, you need to wake up. You need to go soon" He whispered gently.

I opened my eyes and stretched, dreading this day. I spent the rest of the morning with Mike, he cooked pancakes while I showered and we had breakfast together, before helping me with my suitcases.

The tour bus was parked outside my house and Mike was getting ready to leave. We closed the door behind us and locked it before Mike walked me to the tour bus.

"You can do this. Go out there and do your thing Carrie." He smiled and playfully punched my arm.

"I'm gonna miss you, Mike." I whispered. He pulled me in for a tight hug, and after what felt like forever he let me go. Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes.

"No crying. Don't be upset. We can do this. Go out there and show the rest of 'em how it's done." He said before pulling me into another hug.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Care." He whispered before pulling away from the hug. He rubbed my arms before stepping back and letting me step onto the bus.

"Text me when you can alright, Care?" He said
"I will. Bye Mike." I waved, he waved back before the bus doors closed. I saw him from the window of this bus, walking back to his car with his hands in his sweats.

He got watched the bus drive out and waved goodbye to me, before getting into his car. A tear fell down my cheek.

Damn, this goodbye has definitely hurt the most.

A/N:

Hey y'all! Sorry for the lack of updates, been super busy recently! Enjoy this chapter. Will try and update again later this week(no promises though)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
55.7K 1K 12
What if Clay could have saved Hannah? What if their love story could have continued? I for one was devastated by the ending of 13 Reasons Why so I've...
12.4K 559 25
Read to find out how two people with two different stories come together and make one
8.2K 366 21
"Together, we can get through anything."