It Matters, or it Shatters (A...

By Loppsided

17 year old Gladion's life is short. He lives by himself because his sister, Lillie, is off in Kanto taking... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 27

2K 57 44
By Loppsided

Hau's POV

"Hau? Can you hear me? If you can, I want you to listen closely. I love you dearly and I'm highly afraid I will loose you again-"

Is that Gladion? What's going on? Why isn't he facing me? He's talking to me right? I can't exactly move either. What's happening? Is this a dream? It can't be... It seems so real.

"Are you listening to me? Wait, I don't know... I just said I was highly afraid of loosing you... But I did... I'm sorry I couldn't convince you Hau... I just wish you where here to hear me apologize," He began to cry... He wasn't looking anything, well more like I couldn't see what he was looking at exactly.

"Gladion? I'm right here, don't cry..." I tried speaking up.

He didn't hear me. I struggled to get up, and I finally achieved it. I began to walk closer and closer to him, and he still didn't realize I was there. I looked at the direction he was staring in... and it was a grave... With my name engraved on it.

W-what? I-I don't understand? Is this why he can't see me? What's going on? I was just growing to like him! D-did I die in my sleep? But no... I would've know... Did somebody kill me? Gladion... He's alone... I'm not there for him... I left him what-

"Hau!" He shouted.

He began to shake me and rapidly yell at me. What is he doing? I thought he couldn't see me!

"Hau wake up!!!"

"Hau!!!"

"Hau you're dreaming!!!!"

"Hau!!! Hau you where having a nightmare are you okay?" I felt the shaking suddenly stop and began to raise my eyelids up slowly.

"I was so worried, you where whimpering and moving around a lot. What happened in your dream?" Gladion continued to holler.

I was so confused. That was just a dream? How? It was so... It felt.. So... Real... Maybe my brain is trying to tell me something. Maybe that's what Gladion was feeling when I was up in the hospital? "Hau? Are you okay? What are you thinking about?"

"Uhh... Sorry about falling asleep. I was supposed to fix your jacket-"

"Hau... You're avoiding my question... What where you dreaming about...?" Gladion interrupted.

"I don't remember," I just wanted to end the conversation then and there.

Gladion just rolled his eyes and walked near his closed and grabbed his black sweater. You know, the one I was supposed to fix. "Well... I don't know if you cared but, it snowed outside." Gladion mumbled.

"Seriously!?" I jumped slightly.

"Why wouldn't I be serious. It was cold as hell last night, and we had no electricity, it came back on about 5 AM. It looks like about 5 to 6 inches out there, how weird because it never ever snows in Alola,"

You know what else is weird? The fact that the place Gladion was crying in was right in front his apartment, while it was snowing. Was that dream some sort of warning?

"You thinkin' about something, Hau?" Gladion asked, interrupting me in my thoughts.

"Uh... Yea... But it's not important tho-"

"You're not acting like yourself, Hau." Gladion began to inch closer towards me. "What where you dreaming about? Is it that big of a deal?"

"I am acting like myself... How do you know how I act anyways?" I argued

"Remember... I used to be somebody you loved dearly... Even after you lost your memory, you didn't act like this. Want to know something else? I also know that you have a bad habit of saying what you think out loud."

Damn it.

"You where dead in your dream? I don't understand why you couldn't just tell me that. And what was I doing crying in your dream? Was it because you where dead? Because Arceus as my witness I wouldn't just be crying if you died, Hau."

I just sat there, not speaking.

"I just don't understand why you don't trust me with that type of thing. Hau. You trust me right?" Gladion paused with a worried expression on his face.

I trust him. I honestly do. I know I don't know a lot about him, but I feel extremely close to him. When Gladion got so upset to the fact he was screaming because had the deathly fear of loosing me after telling me it was his fault for my memory loss. I think of that all the time... It mat not seem like it... But I really did want to start crying when he did that... I just was embarrassed to do so.

Instead I broke his heart into millions of pieces because I got mad at him. I actually wasn't even angry, I was upset. I just didn't know how to respond. I should have comforted him. He cried about me every day because he thought that heart monitor would stop beeping. I come back alive and I'm the biggest jerk to him. I know it was his fault. But he did what he did for a good reason.
"Do you...?" Gladion said, with a slightly smaller tone.

"Y-yes... I trust you... 100%," I replied, looking at the floor.

"Then why are you so bothered about your dream? I didn't think me crying really mattered all that much to you-"

"Gladion!!!" I hollered "You crying means a whole lot to me! I can't bear to see you cry Gladion! It hurts me so much. I'm so sorry for how I was acting Gladion. I don't know why I was being s-so rude to you. I didn't meant to make you cry, I was just upset-"

"Hau," Gladion walked over to me. He began to get closer towards me until we were inches apart.

"Gladi-" my words where quickly shut off when Gladion gently placed his lips onto mine.

I felt his fingers sink into my hair and at the same time wipe away continuously falling tears. I was so stunned. I didn't back away, I didn't go deeper in... I just stood there. It felt like.. Like..

Something that was missing from me, finally showed up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.3K 36
Four years ago, a 13-year-old blackmailed me into friendship by holding my doughnut captive. We've been close ever since. I soon noticed that I wante...
15.4K 453 24
[Finished!] February 14th the brunet will finally meet his best friend from online With the help of the texan and a little bit of lies then they ca...
5.2K 168 13
a 18 year boy was raging with anger and sadness was visible in his eyes as he was reading his favourite manga "path of protagonist". he was sad becau...
26.1K 598 37
When Moon travels back to the Kanto region to start a new adventure and confront her past, she unknowingly stumbles into a prophecy that her father...