Heirloom

By skysilver25

This is a story about what happens to a girl who's lost everything, even her memory. She's bounced from foste... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

prolouge

72 4 0
By skysilver25

© Skysilver25  May 28, 2014

Prolouge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katerrina, dobre li si (are you ok)?" a soft voice spoke. "Da Mama, dobre sum (Yes, mom I'm fine). Dobre li si (are you ok)?" it was quite for a moment before I spoke again.

"Mama?" I whispered.

Silence.

A few minutes later, an ear-peircing scream was heard from the hallway. Short after, two gunshots were fired and I froze in fear as the thump of a body was heard. I covered my mouth so that I wouldn't scream as I heard the footsteps fading. I cried silently.

After what seemed hours I felt a hand tug on my arm.  "Help me!  Sombody please help me!" I screamed panicked.  "It's okay I'm not going to hurt you", said a boy.  I recognized his face; he was the son of our maid, Natalia.  He gestured for me to be quiet and I complied.  He pointed to the floor in teh corner of the room.  I headed over to the corner and was suprised to find a secret opening leading to a tunnel that connected to the woods just outside of our home.  We jumped into the tunnel and started running.

When we finally reached the woods, I turned around to find that the place I once called home was now being eaten by a red-orange flame.  When I turned back around, I was met with complete darkness.  I panicked and started looking for a way out but the darkness was overwhelming. 

I woke up screaming and crying.  Soon I felt a pair of arms around me.  "Shh... Kat it's okay it was just a dream."  I looked up and was met with the most beatiful blue eyes I had ever seen.  "Alistair," I said "it felt so real".  "Tell me Kat.  Tell me what it was about", he said softly as he wiped my tears away.  As I told him what had happened in the dream; his eyes widened.  "Katerrina, " he said seriously, "I think your memories are back". 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...